• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules
The sad thing is that no matter how many times we debunk these 'theories', some clueless idiot will pick the arguement back up.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In that case then they can stop making Metroid and they don't need to make another Star Fox or F-Zero.
Might as well kill off Kid Icarus and Kirby too. Who needs them when we have Mario and Zelda to keep us busy.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Might as well kill off Kid Icarus and Kirby too. Who needs them when we have Mario and Zelda to keep us busy.
Oh no you have to keep Kirby. That's a multi million dollar franchise.
Metroid's 14 games have garnered over 12 million more sales than Fire Emblem's 13 games.
17 million actually, but it doesn't really do well in Japan and the latest games have only been selling around the 300 000 thousand to 1 million. Not good enough considering all the games have had worldwide releases.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Why are we discussing sales as it is some sort of be-all, end-all factor when it's not? If that was the case, Mario and Pokemon would have had waaaay more characters than they have had, the Mother franchise wouldn't have had the same number of characters in Brawl as the DK franchise and FE despite sales and of course there is the whole "3 Star Fox characters" thing to consider. In that regard, sales isn't really that much of a factor against Chrom, Isaac or Shulk.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Aaaaaand it's still off-topic. I should stop complaining and being a backseat mod, I guess. There's absolutely nothing to talk about anymore since so many leaks have been Greninja'd.
Is shulk even in that game? I can just imagine a revisit of "Is Marth or Roy in this game?" Except not fire emblem.
Maybe…? There's a character that vaguely resembles him in the first trailer, and Nintendo even has the shot of him as the thumbnail for the video. The new game has a different character designer, so it's possible if he was given a bit of a redesign. I still doubt it though. If Shulk makes SSB4, it'll probably be a "Is Marth/Roy in this game?" scenario. Lord knows how confused I was playing GBA FE for the first time.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First off, sales don't matter. Ike's game in the Fire Emblem series was the worst selling one. Guess who was in Brawl?

Second, get back on topic please.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Are the only live leaks at the moment Palutena and Sal?

If so, I'm surprised GameFAQs or 4chan haven't been cooking something.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone comparing game sales? Am i in the wrong fourm?ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, I'm...just gonna attempt to steer this back on topic...since it's so close to the 3DS release and E3, are there any new interesting leaks or are you guys still collecting the bodies of the ones that didn't predict Greninja?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll see any fake leaks. Most older people are probably too busy to make fake crap and the younger generation apparently has such aweful knowledge of Nintendo/video games they'll just add more characters from Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or think there will be no cuts. We have people in here who think Little Mac was a revived character for Smash and have no idea who Mega Man is. That's alarmingly terrible.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Why is everyone comparing game sales? Am i in the wrong fourm?ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Good question. I've been asking myself the same question for hours, and I'm confused as to why I'm still here.

Are the only live leaks at the moment Palutena and Sal?

If so, I'm surprised GameFAQs or 4chan haven't been cooking something.
They will. Let them create their 55-character rosters. Let it come slowly. It's probably best to let this thread cool until something new actually comes up, honestly. We've discussed sal and palutena ad nauseam. The hype from the Direct is still in the air, so people are inclined to talk about anything they want, and it's (mostly) being directed to this thread, for some reason.

So, I'm...just gonna attempt to steer this back on topic...since it's so close to the 3DS release and E3, are there any new interesting leaks or are you guys still collecting the bodies of the ones that didn't predict Greninja?
Pretty much the latter. This thread should be a graveyard for a while. I'm evacuating now while I have the chance till the next leak works its way into the system. …For real, this time.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't think we'll see any fake leaks. Most older people are probably too busy to make fake crap and the younger generation apparently has such aweful knowledge of Nintendo/video games they'll just add more characters from Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or think there will be no cuts. We have people in here who think Little Mac was a revived character for Smash and have no idea who Mega Man is. That's alarmingly terrible.
lol hey at least I have great ninty knowledge and have a very realistic roster and all that precictions.
but still Its not my fault for decades megaman had no proper games :p

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I doubt Sakurai would put in 6 Pokemon reps without having 6 Mario reps. Some people are talking as if Ganondorf is going to be in with another Zelda rep as well, and that isn't going to happen without 6 of Mario and Pokemon first. I think the addition of Greninja seals Mewtwo's fate that he won't be in this game.

I know people want Jigglypuff cut, but she's one of the original 12, and given how Sakurai talked about it during Brawl, I doubt she will without a reboot.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I doubt Sakurai would put in 6 Pokemon reps without having 6 Mario reps. Some people are talking as if Ganondorf is going to be in with another Zelda rep as well, and that isn't going to happen without 6 of Mario and Pokemon first. I think the addition of Greninja seals Mewtwo's fate that he won't be in this game.

I know people want Jigglypuff cut, but she's one of the original 12, and given how Sakurai talked about it during Brawl, I doubt she will without a reboot.
I totally agree. and I totally see jiggly getting some fairy buffs/changes.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The problem with all of what you said is the fact that it doesn't disprove the alternative. Your points are rationals for why they could be true, but it does not prove enough concrete evidence that he isn't just making it up. Again, the alternative is he made a lucky guess and got the others right. I'm not going to go into specifics on what you said because the same answer comes up: It also could be just as likely that he is making it all up. Again, you have to throw out the alternative all together. You can't rationalize it. You have to outright disprove it.
On #1, you are using the Texas Sharpshooter fallicy. He guessed them! He must know something. Again, there is nothing to prove that. He didn't get them in order either because Rosalina came next which he never said.

On #3, he said a broad category and not a specific character. This is confirmation bias at work here because you see it as "He knew Greninja," when in fact he gave a very broad category and someone was picked from that category. He was not very specific, and likely for that reason I stated: if he made it all up and didn't want to be caught, you'd expose yourself to a lot of risk by saying a specific Pokemon which has numerous potential characters.
I'm not sure what you want him to do to prove that he isn't making it up then. He's not just going to show us the email or give us the guys information. Many people have emailed him as well such as CAW Evolution who I'm sure he actually trusted. From what I've seen, he's given CAW more than enough information or even the other guys email/message to show that it's not Sal himself making this up. (CAW Evolution is an older leaker, and a guy who's known to have insider information, also leaked the entire roster of Ultimate MvC3). I'm 99% sure that CAW even knows what position the guys source is working in, and won't say too much so that he won't get in trouble. Sal himself is skeptical of the leak, and isn't even passing it off as true yet. He always says to not fully believe it or take it as fact until further evidence is provided. Why would a fake leaker do that, especially one that's in charge of an entire website. If this is fake, would he really want to tarnish his website's reputation like that? However, Sal trust's his source, no matter how skeptical he is.

On #1, Once again, I said that of the newcomers that were shown at E3, the ones that were shown were revealed in perfect order in correlation with his post, and were even in between the characters that were not revealed in his post. Even then, they were grouped together as well. In his original post, he listed Animal Crossing Guy, MegaMan, and WFT. That is the order they were revealed and I am positive that it's not a coincidence they just happened to be in perfect order, and even In between the newcomers that were not revealed. That is not luck, and I'm not sure how far you're willing to say that everything is "luck". It's certainly possible, but all odds are pointing to the fact that it was not luck.

On #3, once again, it does not matter if he said a broad category or not. By the laws of our language, he got it right. No ifs, what's, or because. He was correct and that's the end of it. You can call me biased if you want. Yes, it's extremely skeptical and we have every right to be in regards to it, but he was still correct and that's the end of it. This does not skewer him as much as you are making it out to be. And listen, out of that generation, not that many pokemon even had the potential to be chosen; that is in the link I showed you. Even if you got the most broad of pokemon, only a few would have ever had the chance to be playable. Of the 70 pokemon, the only important pokemon that could even qualify to be used proportionally are the starters, the Mega Pokemon (I won't be picky as the other form of the Mega Pokemon weren't from Kalos, but there), and honestly that's about it. It's not as broad as you think.Both GameFreak and Sakurai will chose a pokemon that's popular, whether it's in the game or upcoming movies. (FYI, Greninja is going to star in the next movie). Not that many XY pokemon were even popular enough to ever even be considered.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Ya. One in 55,000 or whatever you said.
Millions of Smash fans. [at least 200,000 guesses.]
By the odds, someone still wins.

Besides, even if Sakurai has some out there criteria, leaks often have the popular characters, and some WTF characters. If guessing is impossible how were Mega Man, and Little Mac ever guessed by so many in the first place. Rosalina was a bit of a curve ball, but people got her. Villager was still requested. Pokemon from X/Y was expected. He could have been going by the fan expectations and thought that was ideal. The old popular characters than WTF. I'm sure tons of people have guessed pokemon from X/Y, Little Mac, and Mega Man before together, those were guessed.

Darn he's gone. Fair bit of intelligence, he had. Ah well.
[mutters something about Palutena leak.]
I refuse to continue this argument because it's evident you just don't comprehend that you are not privy to Sakurai's innermost thoughts and therefore cannot assign likelihood in the same values that he does. Hypothetical reasoning and numbers you've pulled out of your ass (200,000? If you say so.) don't make your argument any stronger. It died in the water 10 comments ago.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I rather doubt ther would be more than 16 newcomers this time. Honestly we are running a bit out.

Also I see I have to clear up again. Do I think that the Sal leak is false? No. Do I think that it has no credibility? No. Do I think it's riduculous to think it's 1000% true? Yes. I believe this has a chance, but I won't blindly follow it. I just don't think it is impossible for it to be guesses. Sure, you'd have to be kinda lucky, but it's not insanity to guess them.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Pokémon had more Reps than Mario and Zelda in Brawl. Nothing says it can't be like that this time again.
I expect Jiggly and Mewtwo to come back, giving Pokémon a roster of 6 Mons. Just like in the games, even.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Pokémon had more Reps than Mario and Zelda in Brawl. Nothing says it can't be like that this time again.
I expect Jiggly and Mewtwo to come back, giving Pokémon a roster of 6 Mons. Just like in the games, even.
If you're counting Pokemon Trainer as 3 different slots, fine, but you're wrong. Whether you like it or not, it's a single slot devoted to Pokemon Trainer and you have to use all of them in a match at some point. It's not like Sheik or ZSS where you can start the match with them and hold onto them forever by not performing a move or two. And even if you wanted to get into technicalities, Wario, DK, Diddy and Yoshi are all Mario-based representatives, so no, Mario wasn't outdone in Brawl.

EDIT: I'm looking at 44 or 49 character slots. You need 1 for Random. Keep in mind, you have to fit the Entire Roster on the top of the 3DS screen, not just an HDTV at 1080p.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I refuse to continue this argument because it's evident you just don't comprehend that you are not privy to Sakurai's innermost thoughts and therefore cannot assign likelihood in the same values that he does. Hypothetical reasoning and numbers you've pulled out of your *** (200,000? If you say so.) don't make your argument any stronger. It died in the water 10 comments ago.
So why do tons of leaks have tons of wanted, predicted characters, and then throw in the WTF character? You can't act like nobody has done anything like that, almost every single character leak has the WTF character. Sure, he can't go by Sakurai, but he went by what the fans think.[in the case that this leak is fake.] The FANS thought that there would be a WTF character, what do you know. Sure she wasn't the main one, but people thought she would be. WTF isn't impossible to guess. Villager wasn't either. And the other 3 are Predicted alot. So are Shulk and Palutena, and Pac Man, and Mii, and more. But Marshall is the WTF character of the second batch. He went by the fans and the fans layout just happened to be correct. [In indeed fake]

And with that I leave for now. I have something to do.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If you're counting Pokemon Trainer as 3 different slots, fine, but you're wrong. Whether you like it or not, it's a single slot devoted to Pokemon Trainer and you have to use all of them in a match at some point. It's not like Sheik or ZSS where you can start the match with them and hold onto them forever by not performing a move or two. And even if you wanted to get into technicalities, Wario, DK, Diddy and Yoshi are all Mario-based representatives, so no, Mario wasn't outdone in Brawl.

EDIT: I'm looking at 44 or 49 character slots. You need 1 for Random. Keep in mind, you have to fit the Entire Roster on the top of the 3DS screen, not just an HDTV at 1080p.
just get rid of DK that's a own big series that just happens to be in Mario kart.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Pokemon has six characters in Brawl. Mario has 4, and Zelda has 5. Sakurai considers the roster at 39 characters, so they all count.

Mario had the least the Brawl. Funny that everyone thinks they were equal. Beyond the select screen, it wasn't eve close.

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
I highly doubt Sakurai is thinking " Holy **** I can't put Greninja in my game since Mario don't have enough exposure... Guess I'll just add that girl, Rosalina "

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Why do people still want Krystal again...?
unique.imo falco is the least important out of fox wolf flaco and krystal. she has much unqiue potential something new to smash.......
but there are 3 starfox reps though sakurai better think 4 is ok. (unless he is willing to sadly cut falco......whoich I would be ok with.)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Pokemon has six characters in Brawl. Mario has 4, and Zelda has 5. Sakurai considers the roster at 39 characters, so they all count.

Mario had the least the Brawl. Funny that everyone thinks they were equal. Beyond the select screen, it wasn't eve close.
But that's only if you don't count Yoshi, Wario, DK and Diddy as Mario characters, which a lot of people, including myself, do. Sakurai can put whatever logo he wants behind them, but people will still associate them moreso with Mario.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
So why do tons of leaks have tons of wanted, predicted characters, and then throw in the WTF character? You can't act like nobody has done anything like that, almost every single character leak has the WTF character. Sure, he can't go by Sakurai, but he went by what the fans think.[in the case that this leak is fake.] The FANS thought that there would be a WTF character, what do you know. Sure she wasn't the main one, but people thought she would be. WTF isn't impossible to guess. Villager wasn't either. And the other 3 are Predicted alot. So are Shulk and Palutena, and Pac Man, and Mii, and more. But Marshall is the WTF character of the second batch. He went by the fans and the fans layout just happened to be correct. [In indeed fake]

And with that I leave for now. I have something to do.
More hypothetical reasoning based upon nothing but your own opinion. And therefore not an argument.

As I said, I'm done arguing with you.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I highly doubt Sakurai is thinking " Holy **** I can't put Greninja in my game since Mario don't have enough exposure... Guess I'll just add that girl, Rosalina "
they were all in poketrainer....now he is gone and as I though if he will charizard will saty.

I highly hgighly doebt mewtwo will be back. I belive sakurai considered him but chose greninja instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom