• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I doubt Sakurai would put in 6 Pokemon reps without having 6 Mario reps. Some people are talking as if Ganondorf is going to be in with another Zelda rep as well, and that isn't going to happen without 6 of Mario and Pokemon first. I think the addition of Greninja seals Mewtwo's fate that he won't be in this game.
I don't understand why this has become a thing that people are saying now. He put 6 reps in Brawl with there only technically being 4 Mario reps. Mario now has 5 and somehow 6 pokemon reps is unheard of?

Plus the original Brawl roster had 46 planned characters, 8 of those were pokemon and only 5 of them were Mario.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But that's only if you don't count Yoshi, Wario, DK and Diddy as Mario characters, which a lot of people, including myself, do. Sakurai can put whatever logo he wants behind them, but people will still associate them moreso with Mario.
Even if you consider those 4 part of Mario, and then add in Rosalina, that gives Mario a whopping NINE characters. That still leaves Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as completely unbalanced. The same way it was before.

I really just don't think it matters as much as people give it credit. So what if they have the same slots on the select screen? They're still unbalanced.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
yeah but still slots. you know.slots lol.
4 per poke 4 per Mario it was OK!
But, as has been said, Sakurai, and most/a lot do see the Three Pokémon as their own characters. Which makes sense, since they are identical to unique characters, excluding their Down Special.

Also, I don't get why people make these 'rules' by themselves. First they say Mario can only have 4 characters (despite there being 5 in Melee), and now it's a rule that Pokémo can't have more characters than Mario (again, which was the case in Brawl already).

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
Even if you consider those 4 part of Mario, and then add in Rosalina, that gives Mario a whopping NINE characters. That still leaves Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as completely unbalanced. The same way it was before.

I really just don't think it matters as much as people give it credit. So what if they have the same slots on the select screen? They're still unbalanced.
My thought exactly. For now I'll give my interest to Sal's leak, even if Chorus Men are really hard to believe but hey, WFT. I think Sakurai will focus on a good cast with memorable characters rather than " No more than 5-6 " .

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Slots are completely irrelevant. Sakurai himself considers Brawl to have 39 playable characters. That alone is enough to tell you that Pokemon got the most number of reps, and I think from this point going forward it always will. It's a series with something like 700 viable, playable characters. Mario only really has like 10.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Crystal is that none of the game she's been in have been a big hit. Seriously, the latest non-remake Star Fox games have been kind of average games. Falco even if he's not as important still probably is more popular than Crystal.
That said I hope Falco the clone is gone. I'd rather have Crystal or a unique Falco.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
But that's only if you don't count Yoshi, Wario, DK and Diddy as Mario characters, which a lot of people, including myself, do. Sakurai can put whatever logo he wants behind them, but people will still associate them moreso with Mario.
you simply cant count DK as a Mario character /series though........its too big on its own. with regular highly acclaimed games.
count wario/Yoshi as a Mario character all you like but technically they are their own series.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
How can DK be a 'Mario character' anyways? Technically, Mario is a Cranky Kong character. It's more like the current DK is a guest character in Mario games.

However, this is not the Place for this, so let's go back to the leaks, ok? And no, talking about the Sal and/or Palutena leaks is fine, no matter how old it has become.

So... Chorus Men. Not sure if I like.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In response to before, I feel that DK has done enough to space itself from the Mario franchise and be its own series. Wario and Yoshi are arguable.
I think people are forgetting that DK came first.

And kind of ninja'd? I don't know.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
DK and Mario originated from the same game and branched off in different directions. Aside from the party games DK and Mario have been kept largely apart. Wario also, to an extent has been branched off from Mario and only appears in party games.

I can see why people would say Yoshi is a Mario rep, as his own games also feature Mario in some way, and he's been in most of the main series Mario games, calling him a separate character is almost like calling Luigi a separate character because of Luigi's Mansion.

Either way it's moot, as in Smash Bros Brawl Mario has 4 reps and Pokemon has 6.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would say Yoshi is as much of a Mario rep as Paper Mario.
Make of that as you will.
Both games feature Mario in a similar universe to the Super Mario games.
DK and Wario hardly even mention the guy.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
They simply split up reps the way the feel like it. Yoshi is 100% Mario IMO. Donkey Kong has strayed enough to be separate. They probably did it because Yoshi has some titles of his own but at this point Luigi does too. So they just separate without using a mathematical sure method but again, by whatever means they wish :p.
I'd also say Wario is Mario enough for me. I mean yeah, he has several of his own games now but he is WARIO named after MARIO. :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Really, this 'this character is actually a rep for this franchise' thing is so weird, since it really doesn't matter at all. :p Absolutely nothing would change if you put a Mushroom in Place of the Yoshi Egg symbol. It's still Yoshi, and Yoshi has his own games anyways. We all know he's very related to Mario.

And there's no rules about how many reps a franchise can have anyways, so this Rep thing is extremely overblown.

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
No point in arguing X characters belong to Y series since it's mostly based on opinion. I think that Yoshi is still a Mario character with spin-off games, while DK is now an entirely different character who happens to be invited to a lot of mario parties. But then again that's my take on the subject.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
They simply split up reps the way the feel like it. Yoshi is 100% Mario IMO. Donkey Kong has strayed enough to be separate. They probably did it because Yoshi has some titles of his own but at this point Luigi does too. So they just separate without using a mathematical sure method but again, by whatever means they wish :p.
I'd also say Wario is Mario enough for me. I mean yeah, he has several of his own games now but he is WARIO named after MARIO. :p
Wario, I think, represents his warioware and warioland series which are both successful and have nothing to do with Mario.
Anyway this really has nothing to do with leaks...

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I personally like the sal leak. I like Rhythem Heaven and sal seems trustworthy since he's actually been speaking to people about his leak. As for his source, we will have to wait and see if he/she is trustworthy. (This is me trying to get this place back on topic lol)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I personally like the sal leak. I like Rhythem Heaven and sal seems trustworthy since he's actually been speaking to people about his leak. As for his source, we will have to wait and see if he/she is trustworthy. (This is me trying to get this place back on topic lol)
I am not sure yet, but it would seem both these leaks are true. ^^ However, I am positive that they do not know all the characters. Or at least, the one posting them don't. Also, not sure what I Think of the Chorus Men. I like weird characters, but those... I just don't feel excited for them. :/

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
The one thing that always struck me odd with the Sal leak that both times he leaked the characters right before a direct. I don't know what Sal's source is, but it might as well be a marketing side of Nintendo that is handling the streaming department and he could be faking by telling us his early info on the direct both times and just making up some other characters to troll us.

Of course the chance that he goes out of his way to find real info just to troll us seems small, but the timing of giving this info just before directs always struck me as odd.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I am not sure yet, but it would seem both these leaks are true. ^^ However, I am positive that they do not know all the characters. Or at least, the one posting them don't. Also, not sure what I Think of the Chorus Men. I like weird characters, but those... I just don't feel excited for them. :/
I agree that there are probably more considering he never mentioned Rosa. And I actually got excited to see chorus men on the list haha, I think I'm one of the only people though. I would've never guessed that a rhythm heaven rep would ever be added.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
the first page must be updated.
I agree that there are probably more considering he never mentioned Rosa. And I actually got excited to see chorus men on the list haha, I think I'm one of the only people though. I would've never guessed that a rhythm heaven rep would ever be added.
yeah I think you are. personally I want him to be wrong......a few times.espeiclaly about chorus men make them a AT or something.
though the rest of what he leaked is great........but he cant ALWAYS leak right before major events........the next one will be e3.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Sal's leak eh? I'd say 90% fake. He maybe got some kind of inside-info or luck to get WFT right, but Chorus Man?! Never gonna happen, you'll see.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The one thing that always struck me odd with the Sal leak that both times he leaked the characters right before a direct. I don't know what Sal's source is, but it might as well be a marketing side of Nintendo that is handling the streaming department and he could be faking by telling us his early info on the direct both times and just making up some other characters to troll us.

Of course the chance that he goes out of his way to find real info just to troll us seems small, but the timing of giving this info just before directs always struck me as odd.
Yeah that is unusual.

I'm thinking there's a fair chance he might leak some more newcomers directly before E3, and considering where we are now in terms of numbers it would surely be the last bunch.

Last edited:

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
Sal's leak eh? I'd say 90% fake. He maybe got some kind of inside-info or luck to get WFT right, but Chorus Man?! Never gonna happen, you'll see.
5 bucks that 5 minutes before the Direct, you thought that Greninja was never going to happen. ;)
Believe in Sakurai's magic !

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
People said the same about ROB. And people would've thought the same about the ice climbers, game and watch, and wii fit trainer. You can't predict sakurai. This leak could be fake, but the chorus men aren't too crazy considering the games Japanese success.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
5 bucks that 5 minutes before the Direct, you thought that Greninja was never going to happen. ;)
Believe in Sakurai's magic !
Not as a standalone, but i expected him to appear as part of new Pokemon Trainer, which did not happen.

In fact i also drawed(poorly ofc) my predicted list of newcomers (and returning characters) before direct on paint to evidence this:

Attachments

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well don't get me wrong, I'm sure it would be such a silly character that I would love it. XD Just like I love ROB and G&W.

Not sure what to say about this Sal leak(s), since most have already said pretty much Everything about it.

I don't suppose there's been any recent Leaks or so, btw?

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Honestly I would be much more convinced of this leak if we were provided info on new stages and returning veterans/stages. I dont care much for any newcomers(Except Little Mac and Greninja).

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
If you go to Mii Plaza on a 3ds and go to puzzle swap you 'll see that there's a puzzle of Rhythm Heaven where Marshal is in the smack middle. I don't really want to use puzzle swap in an argument, but if the 3ds' coolest promotion feature promotes Rhythm Heaven like that, the chances of Smash promoting them as well seem pretty high to me.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's a bunch of franchises that are strictly Nintendo 3DS/DS franchises that have the potential for fighters.

Layton, Dillion, Rhythm Heaven, Scribblenauts, Phoenix Wright, etc, etc.

The success of franchises built solely around the 3DS/DS community is something that should and probably will be repped in Smash Brothers one day. And considering a lot of those franchises would bring some of the most unique fighters to the mix you could possibly think of?

I'm all for it and totally would buy Sakurai adding Marshall/Dillion/Layton/Maxwell, etc, etc, at some point, if not THIS game simply because of their being a 3DS version.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If you go to Mii Plaza on a 3ds and go to puzzle swap you 'll see that there's a puzzle of Rhythm Heaven where Marshal is in the smack middle. I don't really want to use puzzle swap in an argument, but if the 3ds' coolest promotion feature promotes Rhythm Heaven like that, the chances of Smash promoting them as well seem pretty high to me.
omg I have that one completed.........................................ok im considering leaving this place(even though leaks are posted in ma other place at ign)
marshal will be OK AT BEST imo......mr g and w is a much better flat character anyway if marshal staysf lat.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There's a bunch of franchises that are strictly Nintendo 3DS/DS franchises that have the potential for fighters.

Layton, Dillion, Rhythm Heaven, Scribblenauts, Phoenix Wright, etc, etc.

The success of franchises built solely around the 3DS/DS community is something that should and probably will be repped in Smash Brothers one day. And considering a lot of those franchises would bring some of the most unique fighters to the mix you could possibly think of?

I'm all for it and totally would buy Sakurai adding Marshall/Dillion/Layton/Maxwell, etc, etc, at some point, if not THIS game simply because of their being a 3DS version.
Dillon would be so much better than marshal though..........whos rythym haven is not in the west.......right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom