• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I couldn't agree more. Even though I am kind of getting tired of more "curveball" characters after those we already have had, none of that matters.The fate of the Chorus Men/Marshal/Whatever characters is what would seal the deal on the legitimacy of this leak. Nothing more, nothing less.
I like that so many people have said "well if he guesses chorus men/marshal then I'll believe hes legit" but thats only because they have gotten used to "wii fit trainer" as a character and pretending that it wasn't an even MORE difficult prediction then "chorus men/marshal".

I know if he gets BOTH then you'd have to be insane not to think he's legit but the truth of it is it's pretty crazy to not believe him as it is.
Most of us heard about sal's prediction only AFTER we had already seen wii fit trainers reveal and so we had already gotten some what "used" to her and so we have the gift of hindsight which blinds us from how impossible of a prediction she is, BUT if instead it happened like this current "chorus men/marshal" leak and we had to wait a while arguing about its validity, if "chorus men/marshal" gets revealed then we'd all believe sal cause THEY are impossible to predict, when truth is he already predicted the impossible.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Dillon would be so much better than marshal though..........whos rythym haven is not in the west.......right?
Only the first Rhythm Heaven was only in Japan, both the DS and Wii sequels released everywhere.

Also reminder to everyone, this is not the right place to discuss your likes and dislikes for characters, try to keep the discussion about the rumours.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I really like your "current final roster expectations", MrPanic.

mines basically the same guess but no Ghirahim, instead just a reworked Ganondorf for a "new" zelda rep, but hey you could very well be right...

i like when peoples roster guesses work with the leaks because i like seeing what we might actually get.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's a bunch of franchises that are strictly Nintendo 3DS/DS franchises that have the potential for fighters.

Layton, Dillion, Rhythm Heaven, Scribblenauts, Phoenix Wright, etc, etc.

The success of franchises built solely around the 3DS/DS community is something that should and probably will be repped in Smash Brothers one day. And considering a lot of those franchises would bring some of the most unique fighters to the mix you could possibly think of?

I'm all for it and totally would buy Sakurai adding Marshall/Dillion/Layton/Maxwell, etc, etc, at some point, if not THIS game simply because of their being a 3DS version.
Scribblenauts is 3rd party. Phoenix Wright might be as well.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I like that so many people have said "well if he guesses chorus men/marshal then I'll believe hes legit" but thats only because they have gotten used to "wii fit trainer" as a character and pretending that it wasn't an even MORE difficult prediction then "chorus men/marshal".

I know if he gets BOTH then you'd have to be insane not to think he's legit but the truth of it is it's pretty crazy to not believe him as it is.
Most of us heard about sal's prediction only AFTER we had already seen wii fit trainers reveal and so we had already gotten some what "used" to her and so we have the gift of hindsight which blinds us from how impossible of a prediction she is, BUT if instead it happened like this current "chorus men/marshal" leak and we had to wait a while arguing about its validity, if "chorus men/marshal" gets revealed then we'd all believe sal cause THEY are impossible to predict, when truth is he already predicted the impossible.
actually no WFT is an easier prediction than marshal.........I never even heard of that series until the rything streetpass thing.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Sal's leak eh? I'd say 90% fake. He maybe got some kind of inside-info or luck to get WFT right, but Chorus Man?! Never gonna happen, you'll see.
Are you so blind you cant see that sal got all of those right?
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
actually no WFT is an easier prediction than marshal.........I never even heard of that series until the rything streetpass thing.
theres a good community of people that were requesting rythmn heaven characters.

no one predicted any "character" from wii fit.

again, gift of hindsight makes everyone go "well yeah wii fit did sell alot its pretty obvious" when no. no it wasnt obvious. not at all.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Regarding Sal claiming that Chrom will be in this game, I will say that I think that Fire Emblem will have at least three reps. Why? Firstly, Marth, Roy, and Ike were all planned for Brawl, and Roy was only dropped due to time constraints. Secondly, if Mother can have two reps, and StarFox cam have three, then why can't Fire Emblem, a series which began its life in the Famicom days, have three reps? Thirdly, I guarantee you that Sakurai has a soft spot for the Fire Emblem series. He's the sole reason that we are even talking about Fire Emblem, because if it weren't for him deciding to include Marth and Roy in Melee, then Fire Emblem would remain the niche RPG series in Japan that it was before Melee. Fourthly, I believe that Fire Emblem is enjoying it most successful era in gaming since its creation. A ton of gamers acknowledge Fire Emblem as a hardcore RPG series, and after Awakening, the fanbase grew almost exponentially. I'd say that Fire Emblem is currently a more important franchise to Nintendo than a handful of others in Smash, such as Mother, F-Zero, and even StarFox.

That being said, I think that Marth and Chrom (due to this leak) are given, and I think that Ike, perhaps the most beloved FE character over here in the West, will be brought back, considering how Toon Link and Lucario did. One more thing, I see Ike in much a similar light as I see Lucario. Both Ike and Lucario were very recent additions to their respective franchises around the time of Brawl's release, and after Brawl, they also received promotion in later games, such as Lucario essentially repping the concept of Mega Evolution in X/Y, and Ike being DLC and having a descendant, Priam, who even wielded Ike' Ragnell in Fire Emblem Awakening. Recently, Greninja, who I consider a flavor of the month (year, generation, ie) character, and he is similar to Ike and Lucario's situation n Brawl, he literally is the most popular character in Gen VI. Who is equivalent to Greninja in the Fire Emblem Universe? Chrom is. If the recency argument applied to Pokemon and Fire Emblem like many people say, than Greninja would have outright replaced Lucario, but alas, he didn't. They both coexist. So, for this reason, I believe that Chrom and Ike can coexist, giving FE a total of three reps.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
About the Gematsu info, there's something interesting I find about its selection of characters.

Gonna quote what I said on another board:

What's interesting about the Gematsu lists is that, besides the third party characters, there seems to be a reoccuring theme of the characters mentioned: they're all, in a way, much more contemporary additions, basically representing modern Nintendo. (Wii, DS, 3DS)

Mii and Wii Fit Trainer are pretty obvious in this regard. They represent Nintendo finally being back on top of the console market after years of middling to poor hardware. Animal Crossing started life back on the 64, but got way more popular on the DS and 3DS.

Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven are a bit more niche, but they still have some sort of notability behind them, as far as new Nintendo series go. Xenoblade had the Operation Rainfall buzz behind it, Monolift is a first party dev and I believe they did have Nintendo help develop Xenoblade with them, XB was critically acclaimed and gained a lot of attention, the game is getting some sort of sequel/spiritual successor, etc. Rhythm Heaven has the weight of Yoshio Sakamoto and Nintendo SPD (Metroid, WarioWare) behind it, and has three games and apparently sells relatively well. In comparison to series like Sin & Punishment, Chibi-Robo!, Captain Rainbow, it seems like there's enough merit to give XB and RH some playable representation.

Little Mac and Palutena aren't exactly "new", but it's because of Punch Out!! on Wii and Kid Icarus Uprising reviving their respective series that put them in the position they are today. Obviously, if it weren't for Uprising developing Palutena into the character we know today, she wouldn't of had support. Let's be honest: The same could of been said for Little Mac. I know he had more support than Palutena did back in the Brawl days, but it wasn't until PO!! Wii that really distinguished him from the rest of the other NES characters that didn't (and probably won't ever) get in, like Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, etc. Had it not been for PO!! Wii, I'm certain Little Mac would of most likely just returned as an assist trophy, like how if it weren't for Uprising, Palutena would of probably just remained in Pit's FS.

Greninja is obvious as well, of course, originating from the most recent Pokemon games and seemingly gaining a lot of popularity. One thing that made people skeptical of this list is how he never mentioned Rosalina....but to be honest, her inclusion also supports the notion of this game's additions being more 'contemporary'. She's basically the big new Mario character that Nintendo seems to be pushing, and it also helps she represents the Super Mario Galaxy games, the most important and critically acclaimed titles in the series since Mario 64 back in 1996. Then you have Chrom, the protagonist of the most recent and successful/popular Fire Emblem game on 3DS.

So now we're just left with Mega Man and Pac-Man. Now, MM has unfortunately appears to have been pushed out of the spotlight by Capcom, but Namco has been giving the Pac a bit of a push lately, what with the new design, games, and Cartoon, so he sort of falls into the 'recent' category as well.

All the characters above have had an installment on either Wii, DS, and/or 3DS. Unfortunately, I feel like this harms the chances of someone like King K. Rool, considering he hasn't been the villain of any recent DK game in quite some time (It could, however, help Dixie, because of her recent role in Tropical Freeze).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
theres a good community of people that were requesting rythmn heaven characters.

no one predicted any "character" from wii fit.

again, gift of hindsight makes everyone go "well yeah wii fit did sell alot its pretty obvious" when no. no it wasnt obvious. not at all.
That's not true actually. Wii Fit Trainer was mentioned at least once.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
oh sakamato apart from Metroid(before other m) all your games are horrible imo especillay rythmheaveneuiaoefi
I still don't think rythym havean should be repped and this seems too far fetched.....prio to e3 I thought the wft may work when I heard of the leak and instantly thought how successful the series was so I was excited!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At least one person has probably predicted every character ever. But if it's literally one or two people, then it hardly makes a difference. Compared to the likely millions of people who follow this game, the amount of people who DID predict her was probably like 1% or less.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
At least one person has probably predicted every character ever. But if it's literally one or two people, then it hardly makes a difference. Compared to the likely millions of people who follow this game, the amount of people who DID predict her was probably like 1% or less.
Oh I agree completely, I'm just saying that I saw at least one person mention the Wii Fit Trainer, so the guy who said that no one predicted her isn't right on that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Oh I agree completely, I'm just saying that I saw at least one person mention the Wii Fit Trainer, so the guy who said that no one predicted her isn't right on that.
sakurai knows all.
"pretty much no one [forgot which one] guess/prediceted her".

the thing about these joke characters is that even if they are very successful pretty much have no fanbase. but sakurai has a huge list of characters ect.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll just give this leak some time and wait for more accurate reveals before jumping on the Sal bandwagon. After all, it's too early to believe it 100%.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SAME THING!!!!!!except it better not be another ice climbers but with 3 people.........wait ...........PLEASE NO!
Let me put this in a way you'll understand.
NOT SAME THING!!!

Isn't the only difference a bowtie? They look pretty much the same.
Look the same =/= is the same.
Chorus Men is one thing; Marshal is another.
One is a group of three. The other is a single individual.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sal's leak eh? I'd say 90% fake. He maybe got some kind of inside-info or luck to get WFT right, but Chorus Man?! Never gonna happen, you'll see.
I'm far from an advocate for Sal's leak, but we should never dismiss a leak based on the characters involved as long as they're first party.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
has this been confirmed fake yet?
Don't know if anyone has seen this list or if it's been posted already. I apologized if it has and I forget to name the source but this (I copied the text from a JPEG) apparently is a text document of leaked information for the upcoming Smash Bros U/3DS titles. POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY POTENTIAL SPOILERS, PLEASE STOP READING NOW:
- Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer
- Waluigi and Toad are not playable characters. Were considered but will remain as assist trophy and attack for Peach respectively
- Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and Daisy are not playable and were never considered. Only Bowser Jr was considered as an assist trophy
- Fawful from Mario & Luigi series is an assist trophy, much like Mr Resetti he attacks players at random
- Diddy Kong will be next revealed playable character to coincide with the Tropical Freeze release date. He is not a Zelda/Sheik tag type character with Dixie Kong, both with their own move set.
- King K. Rool is a newcomer from DK series along with Gangplank Galleon as a stage. He is the heaviest character in the game and can KO players with "2 good" smash attacks.
- Legend of Zelda is getting 1 newcomer, though the decision between Tingle and Ghiramin is said to not been made as of yet.
- Ganondorf will be altered a bit. He retains Captain Falcons move set, however he will now equip a sword with down B.
- Chrom is the Fire Emblem newcomer wielding Falchion. He will not replace Ike
- Lyn has been scrapped as an assist trophy in favor of King Gangrel and Aversa
- No newcomers from Yoshi or Wario series
- Wario's overalls are his default attire now
- Kat and Anna are scrapped as assist trophies
- Ashley is a new assist trophy
- Ridley is a newcomer from the Metroid series. He was scaled down significantly proportionate to the Super Metroid box art or the original NES in game Ridley
- No new Star Fox characters (sorry Krystal fans) but Falco and Wolf are even further away from being Fox clones
- ***(Already confirmed) Animal Crossing Villager and Wii fit trainer have opposite sex alternate costumes
- Tom Nook is a new assist trophy who will drop bells across the ground to make players trip
- Palutena is a newcomer her move set is directly inspired from Uprising
- Magnus is an assist trophy, he will act similarly to Little Mac in Brawl
- Little Mac is a newcomer, he is the version of Punch Out!!! for the Wii
- King Hippo will be an assist trophy
- All Pokemon "Brawl" veterans return
- Mewtwo returns as a playable character. Mewtwo and Lucario will have "very different move sets"
- All miscellaneous veterans (Mr G&W, Ice Climbers, ROB) return
- No new Kirby characters return, Meta Knight expected to be announced summer 2014
- Both Ness and Lucas return from Earthbound
- Snake from MGS returns
- Ghosts from Luigi's mansion are an assist trophy
- Pacman is the final newcomer as the 3rd third party representative
So what do you all think? It sounds like no characters are being removed, just edited and buffed. Best of both worlds, the content of Brawl + the system engine of Melee + new stuff. Sounds like a win win to me.

I think hyperbole is impeding our ability to fairly critique the romano rumor.

For anyone who actually looked at sales figures while trying to guess who would be in the next Smash, Wii Fit was the elephant in the room. It isn't that no one entertained the notion of a WFT being playable; it's that no one liked the idea of their parents' workout mannequin mingling with our Mario, Zelda and Pokémon characters.

I had a txt file where I had listed "Wii Fit instructor, male or female" and ultimately wrote them off as better Assist Trophy material. That doesn't mean I didn't think about how they'd be playable and fight with workout poses and equipment. I'm sure many Smash fans did a similar thing, since I'm not exactly a special snowflake. When Wii Fit Trainer was announced at E3, I think I gave a wistful sigh and thought, "That Sakurai! Should have known!"

So let's choose careful language when attacking or defending the rumor. I really want to see battle cries like "No one could have predicted WFT" be retired, because WFT is the tenuous thread the rumor dangles by and it's not being soundly defended.

And now I await sal apologists to bombard me with "hindsight!"

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
well "at least once" was more like...exactly once... and in 2009 not RIGHT before E3...and whoever said it said it as a joke not claimed to have info...and they didnt guess megaman and villager...or an x and y pokemon RIGHT before the direct when we DID get one...

just saying sals credibility adds up, its not luck.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm far from an advocate for Sal's leak, but we should never dismiss a leak based on the characters involved as long as they're first party.
Honestly, I don't even think we should debase a leak based on third parties, because everyone on here seems to have a strange perception of what an ''important" third party is to gaming and Nintendo history.

So if say a Leak was to include Tails from Sonic or any rep from a company that has ties to Nintendo from the past, like say Square Enix. I think it'd be wise to not immediately go ''FAKE!"

It's not super likely, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility either.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Actually, 1% of a million would be 10,000. Really, a more accurate percentage would be 0.0001% or something like that.:p

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
doesn't seem right.......no new dk character and WERE DID U GET ANDY FROM!?
and as most leaks around here miss some krystal but oh well.
Ehh Krystal is in a place where Bandana Waddle Dee, Toad and Tingle could be in Smash but for now I don´t think so, well as for now there is no leak that still alive with King K. Rool or Dixie thats why I didn´t add a DK rep and Andy is from Advance Wars that is from the Wars Series really big that began in the NES era and have spawn more than 10 games in all the time (there is even an Assist Trophy of them in Brawl are the little pixelated soldiers), I´m a little bias with that series but when it comes to my mind is one of the biggest that still dosen´t have a playable character.

.n_n.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
If we're to believe the Mario Kart forum leaker, we can assume two of his proposed four cuts to be Sqirtle and Ivysaur. Snake would likely be third. Who else? Probably Wolf or Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom