• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
wow this board is so against wolf.....he is a VILLAIN of course he will stay,..............
Here we go again with you and your Lucas bashing. I'm probably gonna bet you've never played Earthbound/Mother to back your reasons....as always

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Okay, the "sales figures" approach. Talk about Wii Fit's sales all you want, that didn't result in anyone else bringing her up online besides one 2008 GameFAQs joker. And you, I suppose, whose writing of Wii Fit Trainer is only now being shared with us now that you're trying to argue that people could have guessed her alongside Mega Man, Villager, Little Mac, and Greninja and still been just lucky.

Also, an observation, "bringing up a character" is synonymous with "people guessed that character for a conference reveal" to deniers.
I'm not saying the Sal leak is fake withthis but he did NOT predict Greninja and Villager. "Animal Crossing Guy" and "Pokemon from x and y" are extremely vague and could have been interpreted in any way. They pretty much covered any new pokemon rep and anyone from Animal Crossing.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
They pretty much covered any new pokemon rep and anyone from Animal Crossing.
1. We've already established that there were far fewer pokemon than 70 that he could've been referring to due to the fact that far from all 70 would realistically work for SSB.

2. He called it "Animal Crossing Guy" because there's only one character in Animal Crossing that doesn't have a name and it's the player. Tom Nook has a name. Mr. Resetti has a name. I don't even think Nintendo was referring to the player in AC as "villager" before SSB4's announcement because it was always "the player" and that obviously had to change for SSB4.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
lets just say I 55% belive the sal leak is true.

why?
change nothing guesses:
megaman, littlemac,

future change nothing guesses:
pacman,mii,shulk,chrom,paluetna,.....am I missing someone?

wrong/too vague and could easily been others like tom nook or blaziken or whataver:
animal crossing guy, pokemon x and y.
also NO Rosalina and luma mentioned ever ever ever......

what/please be wrong:
chorus men.

actual thing he got right:
wft......but that's 50/50 as many could easily guess but probably didn't want....

also why on earth is his so called press source having holidays right before normal directs when they showed lil mac and rosaluma................

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
hey that's my profile pic in youtube!also I explained my reasons why before in that ign thread.
Still not buying it. I'm sorry, but your reasons to cut Lucas is quite pathetic. You can't even back your argument up.

Am I the only one who don't like the idea of Chorus Men? Great wtf idea but they look somewhat corny

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm not saying the Sal leak is fake withthis but he did NOT predict Greninja and Villager. "Animal Crossing Guy" and "Pokemon from x and y" are extremely vague and could have been interpreted in any way. They pretty much covered any new pokemon rep and anyone from Animal Crossing.
Yet you ignore the fact that there was no guarantee that we would be getting a Gen 6 Pokemon OR an animal crossing character.

As vague as those leaks are he still got them right along with WFT, Megaman, and Little Mac. So far he's 5 for 5, which is a hell of a lot better than the vast majority of "predictions" I see on here all the time.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still not sure about Sal. We're still waiting for 2 of the 6 E3 2013 characters Salromano said and him adding 5 more (one of which is possibly Greninja) isn't truly helping him. This makes it we've only seen 5 out 11 of his prediction (not completely impressive if you ask me).

No clue when the next newcomer reveal is due to we're not sure if we'll see any newcomers in May due to E3 2014 is a month after that (and I severely doubt we'll see anymore characters this month).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

why?
change nothing guesses:
megaman, littlemac,

wrong/too vague and could easily been others like tom nook or blaziken or whataver:

what/please be wrong:
chorus men.

wft......but that's 50/50 as many could easily guess but probably didn't want....

also why on earth is his so called press source having holidays right before normal directs when they showed lil mac and rosaluma................
It sounds more like you're hoping it's wrong because you don't like it than applying logic. :\

I'm not happy about the Chorus Men, either, but the fact is he not only listed villager, WFT and Megaman, but he ALSO listed them in the order they were revealed.

He never said anything about knowing ALL newcomers, just that these were some of the newcomers. There may yet be more even he doesn't know about.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

why?
change nothing guesses:
megaman, littlemac,

what/please be wrong:
chorus men.

What? I am so confused by this.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
1. We've already established that there were far fewer pokemon than 70 that he could've been referring to due to the fact that far from all 70 would realistically work for SSB.

2. He called it "Animal Crossing Guy" because there's only one character in Animal Crossing that doesn't have a name and it's the player. Tom Nook has a name. Mr. Resetti has a name. I don't even think Nintendo was referring to the player in AC as "villager" before SSB4's announcement because it was always "the player" and that obviously had to change for SSB4.
His vague pokemon reference could have been Mewtwo (cause of mega evolution), Kalos Trainer or any of the new pokemon, that's a broad and safe bet that at least one of those things happened.

"Animal Crossing Guy" could have covered Nook or Resetti. If "pokemon from x and y" can cover Greninja, then why can't "Animal Crossing Guy" cover any male Animal Crossing character?

That's another thing too, why wasn't it just Greninja on the list? Or even if the leaker didn't know his name (which is odd), why didn't he describe him?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 I don't really want to make anything major our of this, but I just want to say you guessing Rosalina before the direct is NOTHING like anyone guessing Wii Fit Trainer. Rosalina had a lot of support, not as much as Toad, Waluigi, and Bowser Jr., but she was mentioned a lot and had a very active support thread here. Buzz for her especially picked up after she was revealed as a playable character in Super Mario 3D World... if you look at roster predictions from that time she started making it in a few of them.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Hey, long time lurker here that finally made themselves an account.

I have been reading the leak thread for a long time now and always noticed the heated discussion about guessing Wii Fit Trainer (and sometimes the Villager). There are just some things I would like to know about the subject, so I thought I would just ask. However first I would like to share some of my thoughts.

First of all, I personally think it is very unlikely to guess the Wii Fit Trainer as a character. I don't know about the rest of the smash bros. community, but I personally had so little to do with Wii Fit, that I didn't even know Wii Fit Trainer existed. So, of course, I would never be able so guess this character. But, this doesn't mean, at least to me, that nobody on the entire world couldn't guess Wii Fit Trainer. I just think it is unlikely, because people that play smash bros. probably have nothing to do with Wii Fit. Yet, I am sure, there are people that are very familiar with both and might actually really like the Wii Fit Trainer to guess her.

Second, I also saw people often mention that nobody would suggest Villager because Sakurai said he wouldn't add as he doesn't see him as a fighter. I would just like to mention, that not everybody is up to date with what Sakurai has said about past characters or even knows about these things. Like me. I never knew that Sakurai once said that about the Villager, and before the Villager was announced, I of course thought he could be an interesting addition. I know, that most people that post on these forums are better informed about smash related subjects, but not everybody is.

Anyway, now to my questions.
When it is mentioned that Wii Fit Trainer was never suggested, does this only count for these forums and the gamefaqs etc. forums, or is it actually known that no community has suggested the Wii Fit Trainer? Not even the japanese, or maybe message boards where they talk other languages?

And after writing all of that, I forgot my other question, but this has gotten long enough anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, this thread actually got worse after the direct. We got a half legit leak so sit back and watch it go throought the hurdles itself.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It sounds more like you're hoping it's wrong because you don't like it than applying logic. :\

I'm not happy about the Chorus Men, either, but the fact is he not only listed villager, WFT and Megaman, but he ALSO listed them in the order they were revealed.

He never said anything about knowing ALL newcomers, just that these were some of the newcomers. There may yet be more even he doesn't know about.
well cool but megaman is not surpsing........and listing it is no big feat.......unless he said that's the order its not.
@ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 I don't really want to make anything major our of this, but I just want to say you guessing Rosalina before the direct is NOTHING like anyone guessing Wii Fit Trainer. Rosalina had a lot of support, not as much as Toad, Waluigi, and Bowser Jr., but she was mentioned a lot and had a very active support thread here. Buzz for her especially picked up after she was revealed as a playable character in Super Mario 3D World... if you look at roster predictions from that time she started making it in a few of them.
I know but still wft could have been guessed but pretty much no one actually wanted it so no support........by the way Rosalina did have more support than toad :p.
for that im giving sal a 8/10 for guessing that character alone in terms of hardness........now chorus men goes into the 11 sector XD.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And calling Villager "Animal Crossing Guy" isn't all that farfetched. For starters, Brawl called the Villager trophy "Animal Crossing Boy". Heck, when I was making my Smash wish list prior to the E3 2013 revealed, I was calling Villager "Animal Crosser" , because I never knew if he actually had a name. The thing is Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, Wii Fit Trainer, & Mega Man actually had names while Villager really didn't.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
When it is mentioned that Wii Fit Trainer was never suggested, does this only count for these forums and the gamefaqs etc. forums, or is it actually known that no community has suggested the Wii Fit Trainer? Not even the japanese, or maybe message boards where they talk other languages?
This isn't even the point.

Sure there are most likely a few people out there that randomly guessed Wii Fit Trainer, but when you also factor in the extremely small chance with Villager (another very obscure choice) and Megaman (who was by no means a shoe in due to his 3rd party status), then you realize there is VERY little chance of this being a simple "lucky guess."

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
This isn't even the point.

Sure there are most likely a few people out there that randomly guessed Wii Fit Trainer, but when you also factor in the extremely small chance with Villager (another very obscure choice) and Megaman (who was by no means a shoe in due to his 3rd party status), then you realize there is VERY little chance of this being a simple "lucky guess."
Yes, I totally understand. I was just wondering if it is known at all in other communities if anybody suggested her.
Most comments I read on this subject, just went with the "nobody ever mentioned Wii Fit Trainer, so this leak must be legit", without factoring in the other characters he mentioned.

Shroob

Sup?
His vague pokemon reference could have been Mewtwo (cause of mega evolution), Kalos Trainer or any of the new pokemon, that's a broad and safe bet that at least one of those things happened.

"Animal Crossing Guy" could have covered Nook or Resetti. If "pokemon from x and y" can cover Greninja, then why can't "Animal Crossing Guy" cover any male Animal Crossing character?

That's another thing too, why wasn't it just Greninja on the list? Or even if the leaker didn't know his name (which is odd), why didn't he describe him?
Mewtwo is not an "X and Y" Pokemon. Anyone who would look at Mewtwo would obviously know it's Mewtwo. People don't look at Lucario and Charizard and say "X and Y Pokemon" Because Mega-Evolution.

And let's face it. Not everyone is a Pokemon fan.

I've been watching reaction videos on Youtube for Greninja, specifically ones where people don't know much about Pokemon, and names Greninja has been called are "That thing", "Frog", "Frog ninja thing" and "What is that?"

Ancedotal evidence, yes, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that the leaker did not know Greninja's name and just knew it via X and Y coverage.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is not an "X and Y" Pokemon. Anyone who would look at Mewtwo would obviously know it's Mewtwo. People don't look at Lucario and Charizard and say "X and Y Pokemon" Because Mega-Evolution.

And let's face it. Not everyone is a Pokemon fan.

I've been watching reaction videos on Youtube for Greninja, specifically ones where people don't know much about Pokemon, and names Greninja has been called are "That thing", "Frog", "Frog ninja thing" and "What is that?"

Ancedotal evidence, yes, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that the leaker did not know Greninja's name and just knew it via X and Y coverage.
I find it odd that he wouldn't know it's name but new what Gen it was from. And yet still couldn't give a rough description. "I don't know its name but it's a ninja frog from pokemon".

Shroob

Sup?
I find it odd that he wouldn't know it's name but new what Gen it was from. And yet still couldn't give a rough description. "I don't know its name but it's a ninja frog from pokemon".
Considering Greninja was one of the first Pokemon leaked online once X and Y got released early by accident, it doesn't surprise me. Greninja was all over the internet.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's possible, if Sal's legit, that the exact Pokémon in was disclosed information.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Or it could've been a different pokemon or no pokemon at all. But the fact is that he was still technically right.

"Animal Crossing Guy" could have covered Nook or Resetti.
No, it couldn't have, and an Animal Crossing character had previously been deconfirmed by Sakurai when he said that AC was popular enough to rep through Smashville, but too peaceful to have a fighter in the game.

There were a limited number of the "main" cast of AC, and all of them have NAMES. There's only one character who doesn't have a name set in stone and that's the player. He called it "Animal Crossing Guy" because, at the time he learned of it, they hadn't named him the "villager" yet.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yes, I totally understand. I was just wondering if it is known at all in other communities if anybody suggested her.
Most comments I read on this subject, just went with the "nobody ever mentioned Wii Fit Trainer, so this leak must be legit", without factoring in the other characters he mentioned.
If there is someone out there that actually guessed WFT other than Sal then I'm pretty sure they haven't been called out yet.

Shroob

Sup?
Or it could've been a different pokemon or no pokemon at all. But the fact is that he was still technically right.

No, it couldn't have, and an Animal Crossing character had previously been deconfirmed by Sakurai when he said that AC was popular enough to rep through Smashville, but too peaceful to have a fighter in the game.

There were a limited number of the "main" cast of AC, and all of them have NAMES. There's only one character who doesn't have a name set in stone and that's the player. He called it "Animal Crossing Guy" because, at the time he learned of it, they hadn't named him the "villager" yet.
Which makes sense since as mentioned previously, Villager's trophy is called "Animal Crossing Boy" in Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's one area of the leak worthy of suspicion, but that can easily be explained by his source or whoever not knowing or seeing the official character names, only footage, or renders, or something to that effect. Various theories were discussed earlier in this thread, I believe.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Considering Greninja was one of the first Pokemon leaked online once X and Y got released early by accident, it doesn't surprise me. Greninja was all over the internet.
But wouldn't only someone who followed X and Y take notice of that?

It's possible, if Sal's legit, that the exact Pokémon in was disclosed information.
What position would someone be in to be told about Pac Man, Shulk, Little Mac etc but not only told "pokemon from x and y".

I'm really not saying that the sal leak isn't true, it very well could be. I'm just not fully believing it just yet.

Shroob

Sup?
But wouldn't only someone who followed X and Y take notice of that?

What position would someone be in to be told about Pac Man, Shulk, Little Mac etc but not only told "pokemon from x and y".

I'm really not saying that the sal leak isn't true, it very well could be. I'm just not fully believing it just yet.
Not really. Gaming websites reported Greninja long before it was even known if it was real or not once it got leaked. I know a lot of people who thought Greninja was fake since it and Frogadier don't look much alike at all.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
This was over a year ago, remember, and remember that the information could be even older, possibly from a time BEFORE they knew WHICH Pokemon from X and Y they were going to use.

It's extremely possible that, at the time the info was leaked, Sakurai was talking with the Poke folks to decide which Pokemon from X and Y would be in the game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 Check out the Backroom Smash General Thread and see our Sal discussion at Page 125. Not sure if you've seen it, but it's worth taking a look at some things Star has to say.

I'll be honest, but from what I've found out, this is a leak that's going to go nowhere until the next Direct and or E3.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 Check out the Backroom Smash General Thread and see our Sal discussion at Page 125. Not sure if you've seen it, but it's worth taking a look at some things Star has to say.

I'll be honest, but from what I've found out, this is a leak that's going to go nowhere until the next Direct and or E3.
Aw, sounds like fun.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

Mmkay, this is the roster I believe we'll get with the whole Sal Romano leak. I included all characters from Brawl.
I didn't put Ridley in since he seems VERY unlikely... however, if he is announced, than I'll update this
I put K. Rool in cause of the Kremlings in Smash Run
Ike is on the bottom with no one else because I got lazy :p
Opinions: I think Mewtwo, Falco or Wolf, and Ike will get cut. Which will leave this roster at 48.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This was over a year ago, remember, and remember that the information could be even older, possibly from a time BEFORE they knew WHICH Pokemon from X and Y they were going to use.

It's extremely possible that, at the time the info was leaked, Sakurai was talking with the Poke folks to decide which Pokemon from X and Y would be in the game.
Sal's second leak was a few days ago. So that doesn't make any sense. And the 1st leak was the day before E3, so The Villager would have been his given name LONG before he was shown at E3.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Also, I need to reiterate that "AC guy" was something NO ONE was predicting because Sakurai had basically deconfirmed an AC fighter from back in BRAWL.

Megaman? Sure, he's an obvious and popular choice, but to get villager AND WFT right? ONE of them could be an insanely lucky guess, but BOTH?

No, Sal got info, I'm sure of it. He clearly didn't get ALL the info, but he got a lot. All that's left to do now is wonder how many other newcomers hadn't been decided upon at the time he got his info...

Sal's second leak was a few days ago. So that doesn't make any sense. And the 1st leak was the day before E3, so The Villager would have been his given name LONG before he was shown at E3.
Do we know he acquired the info a few days ago or just that he leaked it a few days ago?

It is ENTIRELY possible that he's leaking this info closer to the date of its announcement so he can throw off the scent from his original leaker.

If he leaked everything over a year ago, that might give management a better idea of who leaked it because they had a better idea at the time of who knew what.

If he leaks the info over a period of time, he has less chance of his leak being discovered. After all, he wants them to still be around for SSB5. :p

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Aw, sounds like fun.
Aside from a couple minor details that we found out disproves a couple theories, we know as much about the leak's credibility as everyone else.

Rather than questioning the leakers, everyone's much better off at looking at what we do know from what has been confirmed and from Sakurai's hints.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom