• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It also really doesn't help anyone's case at all who's trying to detract from the leak, that Sal received the day before E3 the exact list of three newcomers, IN ORDER (plus some who would probably be revealed later, but the most important part is the first 3.) that they would be revealed.

Also, to people thinking leaks can't have any flaws. The guy who leaked Fairy type for X&Y, down to its weaknesses, resistances, strengths and things that resist it (correctly), Sky Battles, super training, etc. also said that the Gogoats were the ONLY mode of Poke-transportation in the game, and you couldn't ride other Pokemon. In addition, he mismatched the types of Greninja and Chesnaut. I think there was another mistake somewhere. These things were false, but the leak otherwise was correct.

Sometimes these things happen. Not infrequently in fact, with leaks.
Pretty much (though to be fair, he did originally have Greninja and Chesnaught's typings right, he changed them for some reason). Also, the same level of detail picking happened with them as well. You had things like Inkay's evolution method being attacked despite nothing saying it wasn't possible, and it continued to happen until release. For another example, the 69 Pokémon thing also had people blasting it because they deemed it impossible for the number of new Pokémon to get that low and refused to believe it until it was flat out confirmed.

The thing with leaks is that you have to be careful with nitpicking at details. You can express doubt due to the circumstances of the leak, but if you have a leak that doesn't have any present holes in it, you can't completely write it off either. The Pokémon XY leaks were almost completely right despite the amount of nitpicking, as was the 69 one. The Sal leak seems to be following in their footsteps, and at this point, we need to just wait and see where things end up before we try to tear this apart.

Last edited:

Flarame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flarame
lol at that last leak. The little " I've been on a testing team " thing is making me laugh. Then proceed to tell " Yeah well we were 140 guys chained to a chair and a Wii U, no one saw my notebook so I wrote everything because they forgot to feed me " to add some credibility.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
You know, it doesn't really matter if his leak is real or not. Whether the characters are playable or not have nothing to do with him or his source telling the truth.
At best, it should be an indication. If he's a liar, then he's a lucky liar who's guess is better than anyone else. If he's telling the truth, then he's got some info but info is only as good as saying "Dixie Kong was planned in Brawl."

1. When a leaker leaks something to someone outside of the company, we have no idea how "fresh" the information is, nor do we have any clue what the state of the roster was at the time the information was delivered.
Thank you for that.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
That roster's not bad. It's so much bull**** though.

I like how he applied for the job for a Japanese developed game on Linkedin, an at least Western job hunting site. At the same time, American tester positions are held by professionals on the Mario Team. (Or whatever it was called.) They don't hire temps.

But yeah, bull****. I also find the time to be suspect. Sounds like the leak was posted after Midna's trophy was shown. If it was 15:24 PST.

Going to sit here and laugh at it. Still want MU over Chrom, but either one will do. Oh well. At least he tried.
Actually, NoA does contract play testers. Come on man. All you have to do is pull up Glass Door. Don't act like you know how the company operates.

Besides that, this leak looks like crap, even with 2 retros.

NNID
aiw1198
The Sal leak is the Leaky3 right? Because that's been listed as dead in the OP which backs up Arcanir's point; Everyones nitpicking at the fact Little Mac, Mii and Pac-man weren't revealed at E3 and yet Little Mac rang true. I'd say that the Sal leak is the most likely leak to be true yet considering how many he got right.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Is there a reason Sal's leak isn't in the OP? That's the only solid leak so far, so it should be up there.

@BluePikmin11, that leak is interesting, but the only valid thing from it so far is the Midna thing. This was posted after the reveal of Midna as an Assist Trophy too, and this guy is claims that he applied to be a tester when Nintenbros do that internally.

Besides, Sakurai could be trolling us like with Alfonzo and just take Lip's Stick out as an item with her reveal. Although we can't discount Lip as being a character due to her stick being an item; the Fire Flower is an item as someone else said.

I want the leak to be true just because of her, but the evidence really stacks up against it.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I just looked through the WayBack, and so far none of the weird ones have results.
Except for Ness, his bring us a page that errors and is "forbidden on my server"

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused as to what this means.
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what it means either but I think it acts as a sort of placeholder for the names of certain webpages that haven't been publicly released yet. That's all I can think of though, it really doesn't make much sense to me as I'm not that tech savvy.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Upon further anlyzation it also seems that a character page existed for Mewtwo, Geno, and "Neku Sakurbi," (and Ness from before) and was put on sometime in June 2013 (the 13th, 15th, and 17th, respectively.)
I don't know the scientific basis on this site but this could be hot info!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
The prince Sable and Richard sprite thing is off. You actually do not see the weapons in that game. You see the saw but thats just a tool for certain enemies and barriers. The characters fight by getting into a dust cloud and then the game calculates the outcome based on your equipment and number of hearts.

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
Squirtle and Ivysaur will return. Don't worry.

Here are four newcomers. Two highly requested, two not so much:
K Rool
Ridley
Some robot named Ray
Tingle
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69014422

Given the new direct, I'm surprised people are still listing Ridley. Otherwise a pretty boring leak. Probably because they didn't do anything besides characters, and it was pretty minimal, at that.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
It makes sense that ATs would be included, but at the same time I don't see Andross or Waluigi.
In fact, the smashbros.com site dosent HAVE an AT root to pages. Just characters.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
The Sal Leak... Is it really a leak? To me it's just vague, safe, so far accurate predictions. It may be accurate but not very precise... Every character on the Sal list could make it in and I'd still think it's just well done predictions, not a leak. I just think Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon all had big titles recently. I don't think anyone didn't expect to see new characters to go with them. Palutena and Chrom are obvious choices with huge followings. Animal Crossing is more abscure. But was heavily referenced in Brawl. Vaguely saying "Animal Crossing Guy" could have meant anyone; Nook, KK Slider, Villager, Resetti... Pokemon introduced like 70 new pokemon, thus "Pokemon from XY" not only covers any one of them, it's also ambiguous as Pokemon could be plural and meant the trainer would have XY starters. Little Mac and Shulk had big titles contributing to the Wii and have huge followings as well. Pacman is obvious because Namco is involved. Mii's are everywhere. Wii Fit Trainer is comparable to G&W and ROB, not because they are random and weird, but because they represent hardware. Only Chorus Men seems strange. Rosalina probably wasn't mentioned because she had little going for her; she didn't have the largest next-Mario-rep fanbase, Mario has lots of reps, and she's doesn't make many appearances as say, Bowser Jr. She wasn't a safe guess and that's probably why Sal never mentioned her. That's how it all looks to me. Don't shoot! D:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I paused the video he posted and retyped the URLS on the website.
Also something called "Trails" had a character page as soon as Jan. 12th 2014 that was allegedly removed!
This is fascinating!!! But how did he get to that page with the list? I'm terrible with wayback machine XD

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I'm still trying to figure out how to get to that specific page (just as I'm trying to figure our why people are still discussing the Sal leak!) People we need some investigation on this leak!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
The Sal Leak... Is it really a leak? To me it's just vague, safe, so far accurate predictions. It may be accurate but not very precise... Every character on the Sal list could make it in and I'd still think it's just well done predictions, not a leak. I just think Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon all had big titles recently. I don't think anyone didn't expect to see new characters to go with them. Palutena and Chrom are obvious choices with huge followings. Animal Crossing is more abscure. But was heavily referenced in Brawl. Vaguely saying "Animal Crossing Guy" could have meant anyone; Nook, KK Slider, Villager, Resetti... Pokemon introduced like 70 new pokemon, thus "Pokemon from XY" not only covers any one of them, it's also ambiguous as Pokemon could be plural and meant the trainer would have XY starters. Little Mac and Shulk had big titles contributing to the Wii and have huge followings as well. Pacman is obvious because Namco is involved. Mii's are everywhere. Wii Fit Trainer is comparable to G&W and ROB, not because they are random and weird, but because they represent hardware. Only Chorus Men seems strange. Rosalina probably wasn't mentioned because she had little going for her; she didn't have the largest next-Mario-rep fanbase, Mario has lots of reps, and she's doesn't make many appearances as say, Bowser Jr. She wasn't a safe guess and that's probably why Sal never mentioned her. That's how it all looks to me. Don't shoot! D:
This is a good point. With Rosalina I was not expecting her and even then he would have to have Luma. If Sal doesn't fully trust this source something is OFF. And remember, he asked the source what the hell went wrong with E3 and did not get an answer, he danced around the question.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm still trying to figure out how to get to that specific page (just as I'm trying to figure our why people are still discussing the Sal leak!) People we need some investigation on this leak!
This is definitely interesting! And leaves up questions like Ocelot (the only thing I've been getting is Revolver Ocelot), Neku Sakuraba (star of The World Ends With You) Kirbamus, Chrome (Chrom?), Big Boss, and Ainsley

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Did you SERIOUSLY just call Wii Fit Trainer a safe guess?
I mean now that people are looking back and thinking about it, yes it does make sense that sakurai chose to represent the wii fit as his next WTF character. But you can't seriously tell me that Wii Fit Trainer was a safe guess.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Here's a tip: Legit leaks tend to include little to NO specific details.
What makes a leak legit, being accurate? Even it's percision is weak (vague, little to NO specific details)? I would think validation of the source would be more defining of a leak's legitimacy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All of this has been speculated before. Are you really implying someone could have easily predicted Villager, Mega Man, WFT to appear at E3 last year (IN THAT SPECIFIC ORDER, no less.) as something short of miraculous? No one was predicting an AC rep, and if they were, it was Tom Nook. This has been stated numerous times, and no, Villager was actually listed in his Brawl trophy as "Animal Crossing Boy", so it was definitely him. Besides, Tom Nook and Ressetti have easily recognizable names, while in a stage of early development, the Villager may not have.

I get that people don't like the list, but honestly, the first prediction was very clearly a solid leak. I dare you to find WFT being predicted anywhere for E3, or at all in the same manner. Let alone with the other two reveals. And if it's the same source, the new prediction is just as likely to be true.

People, this is what I mean about things going in circles. I don't mean to sound rude, especially not to the poster I quoted, but we keep seeing the same things brought up over and over again, and it always sounds like people are reaching.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
All of this has been speculated before. Are you really implying someone could have easily predicted Villager, Mega Man, WFT to appear at E3 last year (IN THAT SPECIFIC ORDER, no less.) as something short of miraculous? No one was predicting an AC rep, and if they were, it was Tom Nook. This has been stated numerous times, and no, Villager was actually listed in his Brawl trophy as "Animal Crossing Boy", so it was definitely him. Besides, Tom Nook and Ressetti have easily recognizable names, while in a stage of early development, the Villager may not have.

I get that people don't like the list, but honestly, the first prediction was very clearly a solid prediction. I dare you to find WFT being predicted anywhere for E3, or at all in the same manner. Let alone with the other two reveals. And if it's the same source, the new prediction is just as likely to be true.

People, this is what I mean about things going in circles. I don't mean to sound rude, especially not to the poster I quoted, but we keep seeing the same things brought up over and over again, and it always sounds like people are reaching.
I think you're BSing on the Animal Crossing one. In the west during the brawl days it was mostly Tom Nook, but there were a fair amount of people choosing the avatar. In Japan where opinions actually matter most it was the avatar mostly.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
He said "kirbamus" is kirby with a samus hat, but that could easily not be true.
Also there is no page for Greninja, Chrarizard, Sheik, Zelda, or ZSS.
It does have Little Mac, though, who redirects properly. And 3 Donkey Kongs (only one worksd)
The thing to note is that all the announced characters have multiple captures and saves.
Except for Little Mac, who has 1 of each, and matches the other characters not verified to be in the game.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
He said "kirbamus" is kirby with a samus hat, but that could easily not be true.
Also there is no page for Greninja, Chrarizard, Sheik, Zelda, or ZSS.
It does have Little Mac, though, who redirects properly. And 3 Donkey Kongs (only one worksd)
The thing to note is that all the announced characters have multiple captures and saves.
Except for Little Mac, who has 1 of each, and matches the other characters not verified to be in the game.
The reason it isn't listing the recent characters I believe is due to the last "screenshot" of the Smash Bros. website, which was before the Direct I believe.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Did you SERIOUSLY just call Wii Fit Trainer a safe guess?
I mean now that people are looking back and thinking about it, yes it does make sense that sakurai chose to represent the wii fit as his next WTF character. But you can't seriously tell me that Wii Fit Trainer was a safe guess.
Not so much safe, but not unpredictable. I just don't think they're WTF characters. Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men are the less safe members of the list. But, if it is just a very smart prediction maker, WFT isn't completely illogical.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This is definitely interesting! And leaves up questions like Ocelot (the only thing I've been getting is Revolver Ocelot), Neku Sakuraba (star of The World Ends With You) Kirbamus, Chrome (Chrom?), Big Boss, and Ainsley
I think Kirbamus is the PotD where KKirby was clipping thorugh Samus

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
So analyzing hundreds of leaks from people who have uncles that work with Nintendo that are simply text with no evidence is a worthwhile effort, but looking at one that has actual information to explore and divulge is foolish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom