• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If we're to believe the Mario Kart forum leaker, we can assume two of his proposed four cuts to be Sqirtle and Ivysaur. Snake would likely be third. Who else? Probably Wolf or Lucas?
or Ike so that Fire Emblem continues its "two reps each game", not saying THAT has to be how it happens (personally i'd cut wolf over ike or lucas) but its another possibility... i dont see any other characters being as "cuttable" as those 3 (wolf lucas ike) for a 4th cut character after snake squirtle and ivysaur.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Double Post Warning Received
If we're to believe the Mario Kart forum leaker, we can assume two of his proposed four cuts to be Sqirtle and Ivysaur. Snake would likely be third. Who else? Probably Wolf or Lucas?
lucas.
now im fine with all those 4 cut...no.......MEGA HAPPY(100% about the snake and lucas opart).....wolf should stay. (or krystel replaces falco ;p)

or Ike so that Fire Emblem continues its "two reps each game", not saying THAT has to be how it happens (personally i'd cut wolf over ike or lucas) but its another possibility... i dont see any other characters being as "cuttable" as those 3 (wolf lucas ike) for a 4th cut character after snake squirtle and ivysaur.
wow this board is so against wolf.....he is a VILLAIN of course he will stay,..............

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think hyperbole is impeding our ability to fairly critique the romano rumor.

For anyone who actually looked at sales figures while trying to guess who would be in the next Smash, Wii Fit was the elephant in the room. It isn't that no one entertained the notion of a WFT being playable; it's that no one liked the idea of their parents' workout mannequin mingling with our Mario, Zelda and Pokémon characters.

I had a txt file where I had listed "Wii Fit instructor, male or female" and ultimately wrote them off as better Assist Trophy material. That doesn't mean I didn't think about how they'd be playable and fight with workout poses and equipment. I'm sure many Smash fans did a similar thing, since I'm not exactly a special snowflake. When Wii Fit Trainer was announced at E3, I think I gave a wistful sigh and thought, "That Sakurai! Should have known!"

So let's choose careful language when attacking or defending the rumor. I really want to see battle cries like "No one could have predicted WFT" be retired, because WFT is the tenuous thread the rumor dangles by and it's not being soundly defended.

And now I await sal apologists to bombard me with "hindsight!"
I completely agree with you here. I think people treating her as this "unfathomable" character is wrong. Roster making incorporates a LOT of wishful thinking, and we all do it. I think even on a subconscious level we all do it. Even my sig is a kind of "best case scenario" for me.

No one really wanted her, that's a lot of the reason why she never made it to any lists.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Who the hell is Andy?
Andy is from Advance Wars that is from the Wars Games a really big series that began in the NES era and have spawn more than 10 games in all the time of it existence (there is even an Assist Trophy of them in Brawl are the little pixelated soldiers), by the way is from the same developers of Fire Emblem, I´m a little bias with that series but when it comes to my mind is one of the biggest that still dosen't have a playable character.

.n_n.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
wow this board is so against wolf.....he is a VILLAIN of course he will stay,..............
I wouldn't mind if he stayed, but Starfox isn't a core series any more. It doesn't need more than two reps when so many Nintendo series get no reps whatsoever.

They could at least give a more unique moveset...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I could say the same about you being so anxious to cut Lucas though.

Lucas is just as important to Mother/Earthbound as Wolf is to Star Fox.
well no. not as long as f zero is kept at 1 rep which it looks like it.......unless someone other than the obvious choice goroh is the second rep.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I could say the same about you being so anxious to cut Lucas though.

Lucas is just as important to Mother/Earthbound as Wolf is to Star Fox.
Granted I've never played Earthbound but is that true? Wolf is essentially the closest thing to a playable villain as Star Fox has. He's essentially the equal and rival of Fox. And he's only been absent from one Star Fox game.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'd prefer Falco getting cut over Wolf. Wolf was originally going to be in Melee, but was replaced. Wolf is much different from Fox than Falco is, and makes more sense in staying than Falco. Also, we don't need 3 Landmasters as Final Smashes.

Oh, and Lucas should be cut. He was put in Brawl because of Mother 3, and his time has passed. I'd be more favorable to him staying IF Mother 3 came out on the Virtual Console, though.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I wouldn't mind if he stayed, but Starfox isn't a core series any more. It doesn't need more than two reps when so many Nintendo series get no reps whatsoever.

They could at least give a more unique moveset...
well between falco and wolf.......wolf is further away from fox so...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Granted I've never played Earthbound but is that true? Wolf is essentially the closest thing to a playable villain as Star Fox has. He's essentially the equal and rival of Fox. And he's only been absent from one Star Fox game.
Lucas is the main protagonist of Mother 3. He's essentially as important to that series as Ness is and the two different shifts in genre that the franchise has from my understanding of the franchise.

He's basically like how the Fire Emblem passes onto different lords and well we are all pretty much expecting Chrom to get in for this same very reasoning right?

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I seriously see Wolf, Lucas and Ike getting cutted. Those three are bit of... not so much "needed" characters. Their own series are not too popular anymore to have so many reps. Also, their movesets are too clone-ish (expect maybe Ike, but that makes Roy unlikely too).

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Lucas is the main protagonist of Mother 3. He's essentially as important to that series as Ness is and the two different shifts in genre that the franchise has from my understanding of the franchise.

He's basically like how the Fire Emblem passes onto different lords and well we are all pretty much expecting Chrom to get in for this same very reasoning right?
I thought that's what it was, so not quite the equivalent of Wolf. I thought that guy was saying that he was a villain or something.

(I'm personally not expecting Chrom).

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I seriously see Wolf, Lucas and Ike getting cutted. Those three are bit of... not so much "needed" characters. Their own series are not too popular anymore to have so many reps. Also, their movesets are too clone-ish (expect maybe Ike, but that makes Roy unlikely too).
I would argue against that statement purely because I see ike staying. the series is big enough to have ike as a 3rd rep and we know old fe characters are in smash because lyn is still a AT where I once thought she could be replaced.

though I wouldn't be too surprised if indeed he didn't make it in.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this so much. I wish I could just give you medal. And I'm being serious.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I thought that's what it was, so not quite the equivalent of Wolf. I thought that guy was saying that he was a villain or something.

(I'm personally not expecting Chrom).
well your not being realistic at all.

I agree with this so much. I wish I could just give you medal. And I'm being serious.
well hopefully not with the idea of wolf being cut.........since that would be ironic as falco is more "clone-ish" than wolf.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All this discussion of perceived clones and cutting people. Not on topic at all. :)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm sure anything and everything has been said about the leaks being disproven.
Last time I was here wasn't that many days ago, but it was in the 600s page #

But I saw the NotSakurai Leak says Shulk is the newest character, Greninja disproves this. The leak is done.

Once again, this has probably already been said, I just wanted to say something.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
well hopefully not with the idea of wolf being cut.........since that would be ironic as falco is more "clone-ish" than wolf.

I'm sure anything and everything has been said about the leaks being disproven.
Last time I was here wasn't that many days ago, but it was in the 600s page #

But I saw the NotSakurai Leak says Shulk is the newest character, Greninja disproves this. The leak is done.

Once again, this has probably already been said, I just wanted to say something.
hmm but maybe shulk was made before greninja..........

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wrote on a scrap of paper once that Brash the Bear would be a cool character in Smash, but should probably be an Assist Trophy.

"People could have guessed Brash the Bear! People mentioned him!"

Siiiiiiiigh. You'd think after almost a year of this garbage, the Sal deniers would come up with better justifications for their denial.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wrote on a scrap of paper once that Brash the Bear would be a cool character in Smash, but should probably be an Assist Trophy.

Siiiiiiiigh. You'd think after almost a year of this garbage, the Sal deniers would come up with better justifications for their denial.
I know this is rude, but the egg on faces around this joint is going to be so glorious.

Well, your thinly veiled parody of my post leads me to believe that you didn't guess the Wii Fit Trainer and were blown away at E3. I'm just wondering if you ever looked at sales figures. If you did, what thought process made you doubt Wii Fit content in Smash, or think it unlikely?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

as I said before.......the problem with joke characters is that pretty much no one wants them in.thats why they are not on lists ect and I see why.....I didn't do that myself and thought of ones like Dillon especially (seeing as he was in the eshop at the time) to be better be as AT's.......again........not in character lists.

andimidna

Smash Master
So the NeoSeeker Leak is done because it says Tom Nook is an assist trophy, but he's part of a final smash.
And Betternet got a lot right, so good for them, but got Sheik and Zero Suit wrong.

Both are done too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Warning Received
You dont know that.
Rosalina & Luma says hi.
jeez even I predicted her.......though im a minority.

So the NeoSeeker Leak is done because it says Tom Nook is an assist trophy, but he's part of a final smash.
And Betternet got a lot right, so good for them, but got Sheik and Zero Suit wrong.

Both are done too.
but betternet had a ton right.......1 easy thing wrong and that's it now?is that how it works?

andimidna

Smash Master
but betternet had a ton right.......1 easy thing wrong and that's it now?is that how it works?
Yes, that is how it works.
For it to be right, everything has to be right.

PS... nice signature ;)

E Gadd Leak is wrong too because Midna's assist trophy does not include Wolf Link.
There's no Wolf Link there biting people, and she whips her hair back and forth. Not really dark magic.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
First off, sales don't matter.
Can we please not say "sales don't matter?" "Sales aren't as important as people think they are", "Sales don't matter that much", or "You're making sales out to be far more important then they are," are all wonderful alternatives. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one with this pet peeve, in which case continue, but it seems unfair to the other side of the argument to be that hyperbolic. Perhaps they only matter in so far as they correlate to popularity, I don't know. But I think we can all agree that there is statistically significant correlation between sales and likelihood of making it into smash brothers.

So when people start using sales as a metric for who is liable to make it into smash brothers, they aren't completely crazy. Sure, the real process is far more convoluted then that, but making our predictions more convoluted in response to that knowledge isn't going to make us more likely to be right. Honestly, sales probably aren't a terrible predictor compared to most any other alternative, save for waiting for the game to come out and looking at who is in it. Sure they are terrible compared to that, but most everything is.

That said, the posts you were responding too likely did need that reminder.

Anyway, if the Sal leak turns out to be true I really hope there is another character or two. Namely K. Rool. But you know what? I'd be satisfied with it. Are most people in the same boat as me about this leak?

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Yo BKuppa, I don't suppose you could propose to the senators or whoever is above them, that uttering the phrase "Betternet" is grounds for a ban no questions ask? :awesome: Just make sure it isn't retroactive please. I like not being banned.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, your thinly veiled parody of my post leads me to believe that you didn't guess the Wii Fit Trainer and were blown away at E3. I'm just wondering if you ever looked at sales figures. If you did, what thought process made you doubt Wii Fit content in Smash, or think it unlikely?
Okay, the "sales figures" approach. Talk about Wii Fit's sales all you want, that didn't result in anyone else bringing her up online besides one 2008 GameFAQs joker. And you, I suppose, whose writing of Wii Fit Trainer is only now being shared with us now that you're trying to argue that people could have guessed her alongside Mega Man, Villager, Little Mac, and Greninja and still been just lucky.

Also, an observation, "bringing up a character" is synonymous with "people guessed that character for a conference reveal" to deniers.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So if we assume that the Sal leak is true (which at this point it most likely is), then these are our newcomers so far:

Megaman
Villager
WFT
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Chorus Men

Other than Mii and Chorus Men this list pleases me. Just give me Ridley and I'm good to go. :)

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
So if we assume that the Sal leak is true (which at this point it most likely is), then these are our newcomers so far:

Megaman
Villager
WFT
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Shulk
Chorus Men

Other than Mii and Chorus Men this list pleases me. Just give me Ridley and Chrom/Lucina and I'm good to go. :)
Wait, I thought he already said Chrom?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It only got Little Mac right, and for that one, it got more then enough wrong. It was completely off with the Pokémon and transfortmations as it didn't have Greninja, PT didn't return, ZSS and Sheik were changed, and Charizard came back despite supposingly being cut for another. On top of that, the 3DS is releasing earlier then the Wii U version (and not in Winter), and that version isn't releasing in Fall.

So overall, it's very doubtable that it's correct as it's gotten way too much wrong for it to be plausible or waved off as "early in development" changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom