• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, for one I can't fathom why Sakurai would make Sheik's new side-b grenades if another character already used grenades as a unique mechanic.

Kojima's tweets, and a surprising absence (though granted this can be said about some missing veterans as well.) of anything even hinting at him, makes me think he's gone. I'm not going to sit here and honestly believe we'll see 8 Pokemon newcomers (assuming we also get Mewtwo and Jiggs) in the game, let alone 4 third-party characters.

Nothing's adding up in their favor. I just can't see it. I can certainly see why people defend them and wish to see them, but I maintain popularity and relevancy won't save every character.
If anything, things have been directing towards Snake. Reuben Langdon's interview statement, and Kojima's vague "I don't know" comment.

8 pokemon newcomers? I assume that newcomers part is a typo. Who said anything about 8 anyway? Squirtle and Ivysaur would bring the total number of pokemon reps to 7 (obviously Jiggs won't be cut under any circumstances). That's only 1 more than we had in Brawl. Do you really think that a total of playable pokemon that is only one higher than Brawl is unfathomable? Because I don't.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As a returning veteran and one whose status is very much in contention, Snake could easily return as a hidden character with no announcement prior to release.

Plus, it'd be pretty in-character for Solid Snake to stay hidden, don't you think?
I can't see them doing that, Third Party characters are a gold-mine for advertising (which Nintendo really needs) and Konami would probably want their star in the game pushed as much as possible as it gets them attention. Plus, every other Third Party character has been revealed prior to release despite being hidden, Sonic especially shows that considering he's a veteran that was still revealed for fanfare.

If Snake is not revealed prior to release, then unfortunately I fear it's because they couldn't get him back.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As a returning veteran and one whose status is very much in contention, Snake could easily return as a hidden character with no announcement prior to release.

Plus, it'd be pretty in-character for Solid Snake to stay hidden, don't you think?
Pretty sure a Konami copy right on the back would give him away if he was secret.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If anything, things have been directing towards Snake. Reuben Langdon's interview statement, and Kojima's vague "I don't know" comment.

8 pokemon newcomers? I assume that newcomers part is a typo. Who said anything about 8 anyway? Squirtle and Ivysaur would bring the total number of pokemon reps to 7 (obviously Jiggs won't be cut under any circumstances). That's only 1 more than we had in Brawl. Do you really think that a total of playable pokemon that is only one higher than Brawl is unfathomable? Because I don't.
No, it's eight. Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Mewtwo make eight. Plus, Squirtle and Ivysaur have never been as popular as Charizard as been, and especially have not been nearly as pushed as he's been these past few years. They're not a package, especially since now we know starters can be characters separate of their counterparts in the form of Greninja, and thus Charizard could easily have returned without them in tow.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
In my honest opinion, Snake is a 50/50 chance. Probably one of the most debatable characters ever for Smash 4

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I didn't mean newcomers, no. And I was including Mewtwo there, who is much more important an inclusion than both Squirtle and Ivysaur. Reuben Langdon's interview may count for something but I'm not putting any chips on it at this point. We might know at E3, but we'll see.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've been noticing that Gaezhero's leak seems to have become more credible as of late:

GaeozHero Leak (2/1/14)

Claims:

• Diddy Kong returns
  • Minecart Madness is a Wii U stage
  • A newcomer uses Tetris blocks and other puzzle items to fight
  • Diddy Kong and this (Ms. Tetris) newcomer will be revealed this month (Feb. 2014) (Diddy Kong was revealed, but no Tetris-themed character was revealed by February's end) (Reveal possibly moved?)
  • Master Ball is an item
  • Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level (Does Smash Run have these levels?)
  • Shadow Moses Island returns (Possible, but not likely. Depends on Snake returning)
  • Zelda and Rosalina both have the ability to summon a controllable helper *Zelda has a Phantom, pseudo-controllable?*
  • Palutena is playable *More evidence than ever before to her being a newcomer*
  • Lip's Stick returns as an item

If it's right, we're either getting a new character while Lip's Stick has deconfirmed Lip, or Lip's "Ms.Tetris". I think we're about to get the former.
Could we perhaps keep an eye on this again?

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Out of curiosity, have there been ANY leaks that have suggested a Squaresoft rep?

I've not seen any myself and thinking about it now, I'm actually rather surprised by that fact...

Gaxel

Smash Ace
This could be, but not every single newcomer. Remember the guy never spoke a word of Rosalina, and she got in. So even if this is all true, it's probably not everything
How many character slots do you think they can have?

They need room for the important veterans too, if anything, he didn't list 1-3 newcomers on that.

They need room for Wario, Ness and Captain Falcon for sure. R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Ice Climbers are high priority too.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
How many character slots do you think they can have?

They need room for the important veterans too, if anything, he didn't list 1-3 newcomers on that.

They need room for Wario, Ness and Captain Falcon for sure. R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Ice Climbers are high priority too.
Well if you stack up brawls cast, the total amount of newcomers confirmed+Sal's leaks, and subtract 4 to match up with the RosalinaX leak, you get 47 characters, meaning, if these two leaks both turn out to be true, there's still one more character...

But regardless, 47(51 if theres no cuts, which based by charizard being stand-alone seems unlikely) sounds like a strong amount of characters, so I doubt, if Sal's leak is legit, there would be many more if any, possibly just one or two.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They can, but at the end of the day, third party characters are guests, and Nintendo treats them with respect. If Snake is to not get his own trailer like Sonic did, then I don't see him happening.
I'd be more concerned about the fact that Sonic was shown off months ago, and we still have not seen Snake with over half of Brawl's cast revealed to be returning. We're going to have to wait until E3 to find out whether he is making a grand return or not. If he's nowhere to be seen, then it's probably safe to say his ship has sailed. That's one of the beautiful majesties of Sakurai: he creates as many questions as he answers.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Well if you stack up brawls cast, the total amount of newcomers confirmed+Sal's leaks, and subtract 4 to match up with the RosalinaX leak, you get 47 characters, meaning, if these two leaks both turn out to be true, there's still one more character...

But regardless, 47(51 if theres no cuts, which based by charizard being stand-alone seems unlikely) sounds like a strong amount of characters, so I doubt, if Sal's leak is legit, there would be many more if any, possibly just one or two.
That's too much pokemon representation, way too much.

Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario, Charizard and Mewtwo?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Also, SSB4 uses Brawl as a base apparantly, so it shouldn't be too hard putting Snake back in (Other than a few move changes, some copyright stuff, and maybe his looks)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok just some thoughts on sal romano. 1) I 100% believe him, he has given no reason to doubt him. 2) I am betting 20 newcomers with no cuts except ivysaur, trainer, squirtle, and possibly snake. I am betting he missed 8 newcomers or he is holding out on telling them to us. Here are who I see left: Ridley, issac, an advance wars rep, prince fluff, k rool, girhiam, a retro or 2 retros, and another Mario newcomer, plus mewtwo. Any of these are probably left and are in.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I really love Rhythm Heaven, but I seriously, seriously doubt these guys are playable:

For me, this guy is now abusing his lucky Villager/Wii Fit Trainer guess. He did NOT predict Rosalina, he did NOT predict Greninja.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ok just some thoughts on sal romano. 1) I 100% believe him, he has given no reason to doubt him. 2) I am betting 20 newcomers with no cuts except ivysaur, trainer, squirtle, and possibly snake. I am betting he missed 8 newcomers or he is holding out on telling them to us. Here are who I see left: Ridley, issac, an advance wars rep, prince fluff, k rool, girhiam, a retro or 2 retros, and another Mario newcomer, plus mewtwo. Any of these are probably left and are in.
Well, Sal's tipper did miss out Rosalina and Luma.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I really love Rhythm Heaven, but I seriously, seriously doubt these guys are playable:

For me, this guy is now abusing his lucky Villager/Wii Fit Trainer guess. He did NOT predict Rosalina, he did NOT predict Greninja.
There's enough reason to be skeptical of his latest claims, but not mentioning Rosalina is not one of them.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I am betting 20 newcomers with no cuts except ivysaur, trainer, squirtle, and possibly snake. I am betting he missed 8 newcomers or he is holding out on telling them to us. Here are who I see left: Ridley, issac, an advance wars rep, prince fluff, k rool, girhiam, a retro or 2 retros, and another Mario newcomer, plus mewtwo. Any of these are probably left and are in.
No... With release imminent we have more than likely seen a large percentage of our newcomers for this game, especially considering Sakurai's previous comments to not expect too many new additions in these games. I think 12 is about as many as we can realistically hope for. I know it's nice to dream of everyone's favorites lying in wait on the final roster, but it's best not to get delusional.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No... With release imminent we have more than likely seen a large percentage of our newcomers for this game, especially considering Sakurai's previous comments to not expect too many new additions in these games. I think 12 is about as many as we can realistically hope for. I know it's nice to dream of everyone's favorites lying in wait on the final roster, but it's best not to get delusional.
SSB4 will certainly have a good amount of hidden characters.

I don't know that we'll see 20 newcomers, but 12 feels like lowballing it to me. We've already gotten 6, with probably at least 2 or 3 more coming before release, and a good amount sure to be hidden.

Melee had 14 newcomers and Brawl had, what, 18? Sakurai knows that newcomers are the lifeblood of the series. 20 seems optimistic, but 12 at the most perhaps a bit pessimistic.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Regarding Squirtle and Ivysaur, I think it's a possibilty that we'll lose Squirtle completely and replace Ivysaur w/ a different starter grass pokemon. Maybe a another quadruped like Grotle to switch things up. Jiggly is likely to return so that brings us up 5. If Mewtwo returns that's 6, which will put the Pokemon series ahead of the Mario series. As popular as Pokemon is I can't see that happening. (I expect Nintendo's mascot to have the most reps) Won't know for sure until a legit leak.

Wait I forgot Lucario. That's 7.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We also know sakurai likes to change his mind all the time and with 5 studios working on this, one of which is known as the king of fighters and isn't doing anything else right now, there is no reason we can't have as many as brawl. Plus most of them will be secret anyway. I don't think this is completely unrealistic, but like I said give or take a few, and I say that they will be about right.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I've been noticing that Gaezhero's leak seems to have become more credible as of late:

GaeozHero Leak (2/1/14)

Claims:

• Adventure Mode has a desert level, a factory level, and a volcano level (Does Smash Run have these levels?)
I grabbed a shot of the Smash Run map.

I can't say for certain, but that purple bit in the upper right (close to the cliff-face) might be the 'factory' level.

Let's take a stab at the other two, for giggles. I suppose the ruin-looking area next to the purple/factory cliffside could be what he's referring to as a 'desert'.

Possibly the red/fiery looking area with all of the pillars a few levels beneath the above is the 'volcano'?

Probably not, but speculation's fun.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I grabbed a shot of the Smash Run map.

I can't say for certain, but that purple bit in the upper right (close to the cliff-face) might be the 'factory' level.

Let's take a stab at the other two, for giggles. I suppose the ruin-looking area next to the purple/factory cliffside could be what he's referring to as a 'desert'.

Possibly the red/fiery looking area with all of the pillars a few levels beneath the above is the 'volcano'?

Probably not, but speculation's fun.
I hope it's not as I don't want this rumor to be true and I don't think it is, they are all safe bets really, that even I myself thought would happen.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

I don't know that we'll see 20 newcomers, but 12 feels like lowballing it to me. We've already gotten 6, with probably at least 2 or 3 more coming before release, and a good amount sure to be hidden.

Melee had 14 newcomers and Brawl had, what, 18? Sakurai knows that newcomers are the lifeblood of the series. 20 seems optimistic, but 12 at the most perhaps a bit pessimistic.
If Sal is right, I think he did miss a few. I'm guessing 15 newcomers.

I really want that Mario Kart guy's leak to be debunked...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

It'll be interesting if we do get more newcomers, because there really is very little clue whom to expect. This recent direct alone eliminated a lot of candidates, so trying to predict anyone is probably going to result in more shock. Personally, I'm glad Sakurai has continuously flipped the table on us, because at this point I really don't have anymore horses left in the race and just ask for surprises. Sakurai has not failed me yet.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Well Sakuri did say that there would be no alt. skins and now look, I think we may have more characters then we thought since I don't see us getting less newcomers then melee (Brawl is debatable if you include ZSS and the two gen 1 starters).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It'll be interesting if we do get more newcomers, because there really is very little clue whom to expect. This recent direct alone eliminated a lot of candidates, so trying to predict anyone is probably going to result in more shock. Personally, I'm glad Sakurai has continuously flipped the table on us, because at this point I really don't have anymore horses left in the race and just ask for surprises. Sakurai has not failed me yet.
The direct also hinted at like 7 more though, as well as the bonus pics and daily pics. So I believe we will be in for a surprise this time. Also that mk8 leak is definitely fake, I don't care how well known he is, plus he already had one strike against him.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Did anyone ever try to get in touch with the guy on Gamefaqs who gave the supposed PoR leak? It's possible we could get some more information out of him.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
He said that there would be 48 characters, 4 cuts (though I'm not sure how he was counting Pokemon Trainer).
wouldn't be too terrible. That gives a lot more room than you'd think, and 4 cuts isn't that scary considering PT and snake. Hypothetically, if we assume the newcomer leaks are real (the first batch i'm almost 100% positive) that's 35. 13 characters haven't been revealed yet from the brawl roster, but I'll throw in mewtwo for a sake of 14 and being kind. Cut 2 from that number. 12. 47 characters overall being clean cut - still even gives a leeway

Not saying it's true, only thing that'd scare me asides from the cuts is that most of the newcomers for the game no longer being surprising.

Groose

Smash Champion
Guys! Breaking new info! It looks like Greninja was leaked before he was officially revealed!

I speak the truth, not the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom