• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the PortraitOfRuin leak, it makes me think K. Rool will become a boss.
Unless online has host rooms and individual item setup (which was implied to be different from how it was in Brawl), I'm not buying it, because that's not how it sounded in the direct.

That leak was easy to fake/guess details like Ridley anyway.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Still, these scenarios have absolutely no real proof to them at all. Several leaks can be reconfirmed by simply the leaker having second hand information. For now, we can't randomly assume this stuff. It cannot be proven. So for now it should be debunked.
There is nothing debunking this rumor.

The fact that he guessed Wii Fit Trainer says something. If we get the Chorus Boys or whatever they're called, then that solidifies yet ANOTHER character.

It might not be provable just yet, but there is no reason to debunk a leak that has nothing shooting it down.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Still, these scenarios have absolutely no real proof to them at all. Several leaks can be reconfirmed by simply the leaker having second hand information. For now, we can't randomly assume this stuff. It cannot be proven. So for now it should be debunked.
No. Sal has the most credibility of any leaker, predicting 4 characters directly(megaman,villager,WFT,little mac), one of which being the unguessable wii fit trainer and now vaguely but still correctly predicting Greninja hours before the direct happened when if he was some faker adding MORE characters was boldly risking his credibility RIGHT before we were about to get a lot of info that could disprove him.

he's stood the test of time and is likely true.

I GET that this page is all about disproving leaks but if you throw everything out the window and then whats the point of compiling the leaks if your not going to at least play with the idea that the credible ones are true?

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Sal's tipper has already said that Pac-Man and Mii are "on there way". He's acknowledged that his information was not fully accurate, but he's still keen on the fact that Mii's and Pac-Man are still playable. He hasn't backtracked at all what he's said. I wouldn't call it debunked just yet. This leak is different from other leaks, and should be treated as such.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
There is nothing debunking this rumor.

The fact that he guessed Wii Fit Trainer says something. If we get the Chorus Boys or whatever they're called, then that solidifies yet ANOTHER character.

It might not be provable just yet, but there is no reason to debunk a leak that has nothing shooting it down.
My guess is that we will find out if this leak is true or make next month when a new Newcomer is annouced

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sure there were easy details, but the fact it's one of the leakers that has leaked Brawl before does raise an eyebrow.
We don't actually know that for sure. Unless PortraitofRuin actually acknowledged it, or the guy even acknowledged his source as PoR (which I doubt) then I have no reason to give it the time of day.

Besides, if K. Rool was a boss alongside Ridley, why not say so? I wouldn't even be mad if it was true, because at least then people could get to experience him again. I'm still betting on playable, but either way.

Still, that leak = full of bull****.

Also, as far as Pac-Mii; as much as I hate to say it, you guys, the Namco items all being from arcade games practically slaps you in the face with a Namco arcade rep.

Gee I wonder who that could be...

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
after the E3 leak sal said he got his info from another source he left anonymous.

the E3 leak got a lot of hate for saying it's six characters would be revealed at E3 and only 3 were shown there but since the info is second hand its possible sals source told him everyone he saw at E3 behind the scenes, and sal leaked them assuming they would all get revealed OR his source saw them and assumed they'd get revealed and told sal they would.

its very possible that this time sals friend told him more characters and then said something like "a pokemon from x and y, just watch the direct ;)" or something... OR its equally possible sal's source knew/saw it was greninja but didnt know the pokemon by name since many people do not know the new pokemon very well...there is 700+ at this point.

basically what im saying is that although sal was vague this time, his credibility has added up so much that i think scenarios like the ones i've described are likely.
My point was less that the vagueness of Sal's second leak was damaging, and more that the second leak isn't especially remarkable on its own merits. I acknowledge that this point probably doesn't mean much, but again, devil's advocate. I'm not quite ready yet to submit to our new Rhythm Heaven overlords, so I'll continue advocating, at least for a bit. :b

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Some random Nintendo employee on Twitter said we were missing things in the latest Direct.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My point was less that the vagueness of Sal's second leak was damaging, and more that the second leak isn't especially remarkable on its own merits. I acknowledge that this point probably doesn't mean much, but again, devil's advocate. I'm not quite ready yet to submit to our new Rhythm Heaven overlords, so I'll continue advocating, at least for a bit. :b
See, if there was no one on the roster I wanted, I'd be devil's advocating it too. As it stands though, since it doesn't disconfirm K. Rool and he hasn't been put in the dust yet, and more or less acknowledges Shulk and Palutena, I have nothing to lose, so I'm at the point where I'm just waiting for it.

It might have to do with me being tired of fighting leaks and speculating about roster slots also though. So circular. Much repetition. Wow.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Unless online has host rooms and individual item setup (which was implied to be different from how it was in Brawl), I'm not buying it, because that's not how it sounded in the direct.

That leak was easy to fake/guess details like Ridley anyway.
That's what for fun is. Were you not listening during the direct and just looking for characters? Come on people.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68373377

The Wii U/3DS PORTRAITofRUIN rumor. She was treated like trash during the Brawl era. I'm looking at some old posts now, and even after everything was said and done, those FAQS crapheads were still ragging on her in the rubble of the Brawl rosters damage to the fandom.
Now I'm really starting to think it's true. Sad for Ridley fans.

But did PortraitOfRuin take her information from ChaosZero, was it the other way around, or were they different leaks entirely?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
palutena is guraneteed trust me im there :p.
(I still haven't decided yet to who out of my wishlist I should support next)

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
We don't actually know that for sure. Unless PortraitofRuin actually acknowledged it, or the guy even acknowledged his source as PoR (which I doubt) then I have no reason to give it the time of day.

Besides, if K. Rool was a boss alongside Ridley, why not say so? I wouldn't even be mad if it was true, because at least then people could get to experience him again. I'm still betting on playable, but either way.

Still, that leak = full of bull****.

Also, as far as Pac-Mii; as much as I hate to say it, you guys, the Namco items all being from arcade games practically slaps you in the face with a Namco arcade rep.

Gee I wonder who that could be...
Nightmare.

:3
But seriously it's most likely going to be a retro arcade namco character, that basically means Pacman.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
About PortraitOfRuin... didn't she just have connections within Konami, hence all the Castlevania leaks? It would make some sense that she would know a bit about Brawl as Snake was in the game and Konami would be somewhat in the loop. I'm probably way off base, I don't really remember much about those leaks.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
About PortraitOfRuin... didn't she just have connection within Konami, hence all the Castlevania leaks? It would make some sense that she would know a bit about Brawl as Snake was in the game and Konami would be somewhat in the loop. I'm probably way off base, I don't really remember much about those leaks.
That does certainly make sense. I really doubt those leakers are as well connected this time around. ChaosZero even said he wasn't.

Though if PoR knows nothing and before it was due to Konami, I think that's another nail in a certain mercenary's Smash coffin. :(

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm really starting to think it's true. Sad for Ridley fans.

But did PortraitOfRuin take her information from ChaosZero, was it the other way around, or were they different leaks entirely?
They were different, they just accused her of stealing from other leakers. ChoasZero was worshiped at the end of the Brawl season, she was STILL treated like crap.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/41332950

You can read through an aftermath topic here.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Im rooting for the Gematsu leak just because I want Shulk, even if it means I have to suffer having Mii on the roster.

The rest of the characters on that list are likely, and if Chorus Men do get revealed then I will be completely sold.

I would be sold right now if he had just listed Greninja by name.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, I thought she did know something? Hence the "no Ridley, no K. Rool" leak. Man I'm confused, LOL.
The person who made that leak said they got it "from somebody who leaked stuff back in the Brawl days" It's on the front page, and is probably fake, and either way is not confirmed to be PoR in any way. Initially, we thought it was ChaosZero, but upon asking him, he basically said it wasn't him and he doesn't get Smash info anymore. So the next thing we all jumped to was PoR, but this is still unconfirmed and like I said, probably a hoax.

The guy's story sounded way too fake.

That said, I'm not defending my position because I want K. Rool, I'm perfectly happy if he gets some other significant role so people have to take notice of him again, but honestly, there's too many sketchy details, and if they're even slightly wrong about the online details, it brings the whole batch of info into question because they tried to sound so matter-of-fact.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The person who made that leak said they got it "from somebody who leaked stuff back in the Brawl days" It's on the front page, and is probably fake, and either way is not confirmed to be PoR in any way. Initially, we thought it was ChaosZero, but upon asking him, he basically said it wasn't him and he doesn't get Smash info anymore. So the next thing we all jumped to was PoR, but this is still unconfirmed and like I said, probably a hoax.

What makes his story sound fake to you? If anything, it sounds more like how ChaosZero got his information as he actually knew someone working on the game. Even though he knew someone, he didn't have that much information except for a character who was not returning, and a newcomer.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
So I decided to see what the game would look like following Sal's and the 48 and 4 cuts leaks:

Roster:
Leaks Roster.png

(Note: The ? icon is the Chorus Men for now)

Starters (Speculation): Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Pit, Marth, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Villager, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Ice Climbers, Olimar, and Mii. Totals to 33 starters.

Unlockables (Speculation): R.O.B., Ganondorf, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Chorus Men, Mega Man, Sonic, and Pac-Man. Totals to 15 unlockables.

Cuts: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Ike.

Mewtwo is in there even though it wasn't mentioned in Sal's leak because if you just cut 4 characters from Brawl, It totals to 47 and not 48. Mewtwo would be considered a veteran because he has appeared in a previous Smash Bros. game and Sal's leak only talked about newcomers.

That leaves 7 characters before release to reveal (including Pac-Man). The third parties are all unlockable as in Brawl. I predict Meta Knight will be revealed on May 2nd, on the U.S. release of Kirby Triple Deluxe and Wario will be revealed on May 29th, the Japanese release of Mario Kart 8. I also predict Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Pac-Man, and Mii will be revealed at E3 and Super Smash Bros. 4 for the 3DS will release sometime in July.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

That said, I'm not defending my position because I want K. Rool, I'm perfectly happy if he gets some other significant role so people have to take notice of him again, but honestly, there's too many sketchy details, and if they're even slightly wrong about the online details, it brings the whole batch of info into question because they tried to sound so matter-of-fact.
No it didn't - they can't get in trouble for saying who's not in the game and were refused an answer about Little Mac. It's fake because it doesn't give you the characters you want? This is just laughable now.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
That leak was from an unreliable source and probably fake. The pure Sal leak is what we have to go on right now.
The source isn't completely unreliable. Suspicious still, but he's an ex admin/staff member and a site helper on a website that's basically the equivalent of this but for Mario Kart. Anyways, it's not like people didn't see a 40-50 character roster coming.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sal's new leak did not predict Greninja. "Pokemon from X & Y" is such a wide net that it can't even be considered a prediction, really. You could even argue that any Pokemon with a mega evolution might fall under that category. It's just not a credible leak.

Sal's leaker also did not predict a Pokemon X&Y reveal for the Direct; Sal himself speculated that one of those characters might be revealed at the Direct.

If the Chorus Men are revealed, then this new prediction is likely accurate, but the Greninja reveal does nothing for it.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
People saying that the leak is "probably fake" or whatever because it omits a character that SEEMS obvious (or that they want) is ridiculous. Lots of "shoe-ins" were left out of Brawl, and I remember the accurate leak that came out with Brawl. People discredited it like crazy because R.O.B and Wolf were in and Ridley and K. Rool weren't, and because it was "only" 36 characters.

Choose to believe what you want, but if it hasn't been debunked officially (character confirmed as AT, stage hazard, whatever conflicting fact it is), then it is still possible. If I claimed a leak that had Snake, Wonderful 101 guy, Scyther, Funky Kong, and Paper Mario, you can't "officially" debunk it.

The lack of logic in this thread at times is funny.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sal's new leak did not predict Greninja. "Pokemon from X & Y" is such a wide net that it can't even be considered a prediction, really. You could even argue that any Pokemon with a mega evolution might fall under that category. It's just not a credible leak.

Sal's leaker also did not predict a Pokemon X&Y reveal for the Direct; Sal himself speculated that one of those characters might be revealed at the Direct.
Man, you really hate this Sal leak, and the Sal leak from before. It's okay man, you'll learn to love the Chorus men in time.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

If the Chorus Men are revealed, then this new prediction is likely accurate, but the Greninja reveal does nothing for it.
Just because a wide net was cast doesn't mean it doesn't have a chance or isn't "credible." He's one of the most accurate so far. Whether you think it's an easy prediction or knowledge of the game, that's for you to interpret. I don't know how you can say it isn't credible, when really all leaks are just from seemingly random people anyway (PoR was pretty random too, and wasn't considered credible).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Man, you really hate this Sal leak, and the Sal leak from before. It's okay man, you'll learn to love the Chorus men in time.
I just don't like how people are apparently throwing skepticism to the wind for such a vague prediction. Like I've said, I find the E3 prediction to have a good deal of credibility. It's the only credible leak so far. "Pokemon from X&Y", on the other hand, is laughably vague.

I have no problem with any rep Sal outlined in this new set of leaks. I just don't find the new leak believable.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
What was he wrong about again? In terms of Mario Kart?
The return of indrifting. Though at the moment, it's completely debatable. He stated that indrifting would return, but would be tweaked/changed. Gameplay has shown this to be true, as indrifting in MK8 looks more like a hybrid of outward drifting and indrifting. Personally, that is enough to be called a tweak/change to indrifting; he is correct so far.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Guys, please stay on topic. This thread is for discussing whether or not the Palutena pictures are real. We've really derailed since that Nintendo Direct.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Ike might be cut seeing as how it would fit into a pattern. Roy in melee, Ike in brawl, and likely Chrom in SSB4. As for the Sal leak, I think it's safe to say that it might be true...except for the Chorus Men part. Seriously, that doesn't even seem SLIGHTLY possible. Maybe the rhythm heaven girl herself, attacking with all the items and such like villager, but just the random chorus men?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I just don't like how people are apparently throwing skepticism to the wind for such a vague prediction. Like I've said, I find the E3 prediction to have a good deal of credibility. It's the only credible leak so far. "Pokemon from X&Y", on the other hand, is laughably vague.

I have no problem with any rep Sal outlined in this new set of leaks. I just don't find the new leak believable.
Your stance is being interpreted as "his leak is awful because of the Pokemon X/Y prediction," when in reality, I think what you're saying is that the Direct doesn't add to his leak at all.

Regardless, a lot of other leaks died with the Direct, and his didn't. Whether his was enhanced by the Direct is an entirely different story (it really wasn't, since he didn't want to take claims at what would happen AT the direct...but that still doesn't discredit his original claims). His still remains unscathed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I personally think Ike might be cut seeing as how it would fit into a pattern. Roy in melee, Ike in brawl, and likely Chrom in SSB4. As for the Sal leak, I think it's safe to say that it might be true...except for the Chorus Men part. Seriously, that doesn't even seem SLIGHTLY possible. Maybe the rhythm heaven girl herself, attacking with all the items and such like villager, but just the random chorus men?
One instance of something isn't a pattern. I ate a tuna sandwich for lunch last Thursday, doesn't mean I'll eat one every Thursday. Now, if you see me eat one this Thursday, you can make a case that a pattern is emerging (although it still wouldn't be a pattern.) There is no Fire Emblem pattern.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
One instance of something isn't a pattern. I ate a tuna sandwich for lunch last Thursday, doesn't mean I'll eat one every Thursday. Now, if you see me eat one this Thursday, you can make a case that a pattern is emerging (although it still wouldn't be a pattern.) There is no Fire Emblem pattern.
Jeez, it was just speculation/observation. No need to be like this about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom