• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm new here, I just barely signed up just to join the conversation... but anyway, would anybody care to tell me what's so great about ChaosZero and PortraitofRuin? I don't want to go through over 700 pages to find out...

Zorgunos

Smash Rookie
Well. I still have a feeling this SSB is going to be huge. Sakurai said in the direct he wanted to put as many AT's in it as possible, take that and the ****load of new items we saw yesterday + the fact that even someone like Greninja was confirmed. I mean, Greninja is awesome and we could have seen it comming, cause of it's popularity. But then I wouldn't be suprised if Mewtwo, Jiggly and Blaziken or something are going to be in the roster either. Just everything feels big, so i wouldn't be suprised if the roster is also big, up to 55-60 characters or something.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My thinking is that the source just has a method of finding the information that's sometimes a bit foggy.

I'm not sure why he was called "Animal Crossing Guy" and not "Villager" or "Murabito" in the original leak either, but I don't think we should discount it just because he didn't specify Greninja.

It has yet to be wrong about a newcomer, reveal times supposedly wrong or not. (And for the sake of Shulk, I sure hope it's not wrong about that.)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well. I still have a feeling this SSB is going to be huge. Sakurai said in the direct he wanted to put as many AT's in it as possible, take that and the ****load of new items we saw yesterday + the fact that even someone like Greninja was confirmed. I mean, Greninja is awesome and we could have seen it comming, cause of it's popularity. But then I wouldn't be suprised if Mewtwo, Jiggly and Blaziken or something are going to be in the roster either. Just everything feels big, so i wouldn't be suprised if the roster is also big, up to 55-60 characters or something.
Speaking of all the new features, Assist Trophies factoring into All-Star Mode is another thing I don't think any leaks predicted.

My thinking is that the source just has a method of finding the information that's sometimes a bit foggy.

I'm not sure why he was called "Animal Crossing Guy" and not "Villager" or "Murabito" in the original leak either, but I don't think we should discount it just because he didn't specify Greninja.

It has yet to be wrong about a newcomer, reveal times supposedly wrong or not. (And for the sake of Shulk, I sure hope it's not wrong about that.)
I'm not arguing for the whole leak to be discounted, just that I don't believe this new wave of predictions because he hedged his bets in an area where it would be very easy to guess wrong.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Speaking of all the new features, Assist Trophies factoring into All-Star Mode is another thing I don't think any leaks predicted.
That's another great point. Man, all those leaks that didn't just predict characters were so totally off this time.

It's like Sakurai saw it coming.

Did he actually ever elaborate on the assist trophies and All-Star mode? I heard that in the direct, but feel like I missed something.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That's another great point. Man, all those leaks that didn't just predict characters were so totally off this time.

It's like Sakurai saw it coming.

Did he actually ever elaborate on the assist trophies and All-Star mode? I heard that in the direct, but feel like I missed something.
Nope. The nature of their role in All-Stars mode is a mystery, and an intriguing one at that.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wouldn't tag-team rumors/leaks be bust now too, since there are no transformation characters anymore? Unless they don't count as ones... I'm not really sure. Diddy + Dixie was already proved wrong but what about Chrom + Lucina?
well chrom lucina has always been described as more of a mix transformation / ice climbers or rosalina ...where you pick who's your main and the other pops in for attacks but regardless, yes i'd say those leaks are dead. anything with a transformation is dead.

I don't know if anyone broughtt this up already, I haven't read the last 4 pages, but I'm hearing a lot about Sal leaks and gematsu.com leaks. These seems to be the most accepted leaks here. Well correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't even be both true?

The Sal leak said there would be 48 slots in the roster, and 4 cuts from Brawl.
That would give us 40-4= 36 slots, so 12 newcommers. However, ZSS, Sheik and Charizard are considered verterans and now have there own slots.
So 36+3= 39 slots, leaves us room for 9 newcommers.

The Gematsu leak said this would be newcommers:
* Little Mac
* Wii Fit Trainer
* Pac-Man
* Mii
* Villager
* MegaMan
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
That are 11 newcommers, and Rosalina isn't there, so 12 newcommers.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this proves that they can't possibly be both true?
The character roster has to be bigger, or there have to be more cuts if the Gematsu leak is true

read some of my back posts with the roster pics and you can see the math there, tho APPARENTLY the MK8 leak that had the 48 characters total and 4 cuts we were adding to the two Sal Romano leaks is false (im still not sure about it being untrue or not though).

but anyway the math of it was cutting ivysaur, squirtle, and snake and then one MORE mystery cut for one more Mystery newcomer (or adding back in mewtwo, which would make sense since he would technically be a veteran you could add in and still make a cut to get to 48).

for example it looks like this if you make the final cut Ike for Mewtwo:

But you could also cut Wolf or Lucas or someone and add in whoever you want for that last spot...
Ike for Mewtwo just keeps all the series from going down a "rep" (except for metal gear solid of course) and makes the mystery of not having enough newcomers/cuts make sense because he is a "veteran".

but of course if your only looking at the Sal Romano leaks and not the MK8 leak than we have no clue how many newcomers and cuts or final number of roster spots so who knows.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what? Cutting Lucas...Or...Falco? Fox getting 64 lasers from custom movesets, and the nature of custom movesets in general makes me question Falco's uniqueness in general compared to Fox, whereas Wolf wasn't even a clone.

I'd miss him, but if I wanted to play Falco in a viable game I'd just go play PM or Melee. In fact, if Ganon gets to be alot more unique this time (actually looks like a possibility), and Falco was the only clone cut, (because he's definitely the most similar), the roster would be preeeeetty diverse.

Edit: Also, is there not another image to use for Palutena? That one up there is terrifying.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You know what? Cutting Lucas...Or...Falco? Fox getting 64 lasers from custom movesets, and the nature of custom movesets in general makes me question Falco's uniqueness in general compared to Fox, whereas Wolf wasn't even a clone.

I'd miss him, but if I wanted to play Falco in a viable game I'd just go play PM or Melee. In fact, if Ganon gets to be alot more unique this time (actually looks like a possibility), and Falco was the only clone cut, (because he's definitely the most similar), the roster would be preeeeetty diverse.

Edit: Also, is there not another image to use for Palutena? That one up there is terrifying.
yeah if you play the 48 slots 4 cuts game i'd rather cut a "space animal" for mewtwo than cut Ike due to uniqueness of Ike's moveset

buuut then fire emblem goes UP to 3 reps and star fox going down to 2 reps...I dunno I cant make this decision haha

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Some did mention that there might not be so many characters because of the 3DS?

A regular Wii game held 4 GB, whilst Brawl took 8 GB. A 3DS game card can hold up to 8 GB. MK7 is 1 GB. Why would there be any technical limitations?
That was me. I was referring to this quote:

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters. So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Maybe he was talking about the new no transformations feature instead? either way in the next few months we'll find out the final roster with the release of the 3ds version.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I just had a thought. With the 3DS version coming out so soon, how likely is it that we will start getting real leaks? The real leaks started coming out as brawl's release started approaching, and we're so close to the 3DS release now.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It seems more likely he is talking about transformations and things like Olimar's number of Pikmin to me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Assuming Sal's buddy is credible, here is what the roster could end up looking like right now.

Zorgunos

Smash Rookie
read some of my back posts with the roster pics and you can see the math there, tho APPARENTLY the MK8 leak that had the 48 characters total and 4 cuts we were adding to the two Sal Romano leaks is false (im still not sure about it being untrue or not though).
for example it looks like this if you make the final cut Ike for Mewtwo:

Good guess, but I just have this feeling this SSB is going to be way bigger then everyone thinks. I think, besides this roster we'll have:

- another new Mario rep; I mean there are so many characters in the Mario series that would fit in SSB, it would be a missed chance to add only Rosalina. Maybe Bowser Jr. (make him at least an AT).
- a new ToZ rep; I still think Girahim has a good change to be in, or maybe a WW character like Tetra or Toon Ganondorf. At least one of them needs to be in.
- a new DK rep; With TF, Dixie has to be in. She was even planned for Brawl, but cancelled. Then there is Cranky, who was placed in a new spotlight with TF, would be a shame not to use him(like Bowser Jr., at least make him an AT). And then I haven't even mentioned King K. Rool, I mean, they can't leave all these 3 DK characters out, can they?
- Starfox stil holds at least 3 reps, I'm pretty sure of that. Maybe they cut wolf or Falco, but I'm sure that if they do they'll put a new rep in
- Fire emble has to get at least 3 reps, it deserves more spotlight. I wouldn't be suprised if they would keep Ike and add Chrom and maybe even bring Roy back or add another new one
- Metroid just has to have a new character in this SSB. It's one of the most loved and biggest IP's Nintendo has and with Dark Samus confirmed as an AT, I think Ridley's chances are pretty high
- Mother Earth and F-zero both have a good chance too to get a new character, based on their popularity
- That leaves me to Pokémon. There are just way too many Pokémon that would fit in to just bring 1 new character. Blaziken for example (don't know why , but the fact that I haven't seen Torchic back as a Pokéball yet and the fact that Blaziken has a Mega-Evolution makes me think Blaziken is in). Besides that, they never added just 1 new Pokémon character I think?
- And then I didn't even talk about characters like Isaac and Layton, maybe new Kirby characters, somone from Yoshi's Island, maybe (even nobody expects it) a new sonic character and so on. There are just to many character for which fans are begging to see in SSB to have only 48 slots in the roster.

Well, little bit offtopic maybe, but this is why I just can't believe the leak that the roster only has 48 slots.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Assuming Sal's buddy is credible, here is what the roster could end up looking like right now.

I would be satisfied with that roster. However, one thing that bugs me is Pokemon having 6 reps as opposed to Mario only having 5. Mario and Pokemon have been Nintendo's biggest franchises in my eyes and I feel that they should have the same amount of reps.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Did any "major" leaker even mention Greninja or Charizard as a separate character? I believe in rumours as soon as i see someone did that.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

If we're basing things off of Sal's leak, Mewtwo and Isaac should get the boot.

At this point I expect a Grass-type starter to round out the trifecta, which if true will kill quite a few leaks.

Sakurai's really starting to mulch through leaks which were overly safe or too influenced by the hivemind. We're in for a fun time! I can't wait for the actual roster leak that we'll have to get soon.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Doesn't look too bad, actuallly. Way to cut Snake and sneak Isaac in... still think if we get that many characters a 3rd DK rep is going to happen.

@TheTuninator Sal didn't say that there wouldn't be MORE new comers, and Mewtwo isn't a newcomer anyway. This roster has a little bias but still complies to that leak.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would be satisfied with that roster. However, one thing that bugs me is Pokemon having 6 reps as opposed to Mario only having 5. Mario and Pokemon have been Nintendo's biggest franchises in my eyes and I feel that they should have the same amount of reps.
Mario had five characters in Melee (six if you consider Yoshi an extension of that) while Pokémon only had four. I don't think Sakurai cares so long as the roster is dominated by, say, nine Pokémon or Mario characters.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
You could easily argue that Yoshi is a Mario character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

At this point I expect a Grass-type starter to round out the trifecta, which if true will kill quite a few leaks.

Sakurai's really starting to mulch through leaks which were overly safe or too influenced by the hivemind. We're in for a fun time! I can't wait for the actual roster leak that we'll have to get soon.
Last time I checked he didn't set any kind of cap on the characters like other rumors.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
If the sal leak is true i will be disappointed... Why add characters that a lot of people dont want, while also ignoring some of the most requested ones.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Looking back at that really vague Xplizit Leak, do you think it's dead now because it says "it will be released much sooner than expected" and we know now that there are different releases for the 2 versions

"Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "*insert character name* is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
  • An unexpected character returns
  • The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
  • It releases much sooner than expected
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity"
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-405#post-16370074

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
PortraitofRuin leak is still alive and kickin. It predicted the online options for For Fun. Deconfirmed K. Rool and Ridley. People are in full blown denail though and stomping it out.
I haven't seen this leak anywhere. Where is it?

Zorgunos

Smash Rookie
Looking back at that really vague Xplizit Leak, do you think it's dead now because it says "it will be released much sooner than expected" and we know now that there are different releases for the 2 versions

"Hello, I am here to give you info. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you, I am not going to try and convince you nor can I prove this info at the moment. Also, the position I am in does not allow me to give extreme details such as the full roster or anything along those lines. I will only be giving hints to things included within the game (Ex. no "*insert character name* is a playable character") This is simply some info I have heard that I hope will help better put you all in the right direction.
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
  • An unexpected character returns
  • The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
  • It releases much sooner than expected
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
That is all the info I have for now. I will be willing to take questions, but I cannot answer them outright. I will only be able to give hints as to there validity"
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-405#post-16370074
If true, I'll bet the unexpected returning character is Roy.
And the hinted characters could be Ridley or Mewtwo?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I'm going to guess:

Sal's leaks are true, putting us at 49. There are three cuts (other than Pokemon Trainer). Possibly Snake, Wolf, and Ike. We get Mewtwo, Ridley, a DK rep, and Takamaru. Putting us at 50.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I still expect K. Rool. I know I keep going on and on about it, but including the Kritters in Smash Run is just so interesting to me. Maybe it isn't to Sakurai, but as someone who's felt Kremling-starved for years now, it makes me think he's got something planned for the King more than just a trophy. I don't expect Isaac though, so hey.

A grass starter would be interesting, but I'm gonna warn people not to think it's coming just because Greninja and Zard make it seem plausible. As a said in another thread, we do tend to tunnel vision, which may be the reason we've been wrong 5/6 times on announcements.

So, with the Polar Bear confirmed for the game's race mode, Ice Climbers confirmed, right?
ICs, Wario, C. Falcon and Meta Knight are most definitely confirmed based on things in the direct.

It's pretty unsurprising, but nice to see.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Why do people want as a Grass stater, and do they honestly think they'll beat Jigglypuff when it gets down to it?

Let me make something very clear about this Smash's selection of playable Pokemon. Every Pokemon picked has been relevant to the 6th generation in some form.

Pikachu: While not as relevant as the other three, Pikeachu is the very first Pokemon in this game to have an actual voice actress, and not just use jumbled up electronic soundbites for it's cry. It actually says "Pika Pika!"

Lucario: Lucario plays a small roll in the story of X and Y and introduces the player to the concept of Mega Evolution.

Charizard: You obtain a Kanto starter in X and Y and you get to Mega Evolve it. Charizard though, unlike the other starters, has TWO Mega Evolutions, a trait only Mewtwo shares.

Greninja: Is the 6th Gen's water starter, and is all around popular because, ninjas.

So, out of all of this, the only real thing the 6th gen is not promoting at the moment, which is something they hyped up to all hell and back.... Is Fairy typing, and guess who one of the first Pokemon confirmed to have Fairy typing was?

Jigglypuff. Say what you will about Jigglypuff, but the damn thing stuck around just long enough for it to be 'relevant' again.

The ONLY Grass starter that even has a chance is Sceptile, and last time I checked, Sceptile's popularity was pretty low... Not only that, but there has yet to be a 3rd gen remake announced.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who do people want as a Grass stater, and do they honestly think they'll beat Jigglypuff when it gets down to it?

Let me make something very clear about this Smash's selection of playable Pokemon. Every Pokemon picked has been relevant to the 6th generation in some form.

Pikachu: While not as relevant as the other three, Pikeachu is the very first Pokemon in this game to have an actual voice actress, and not just use jumbled up electronic soundbites for it's cry. It actually says "Pika Pika!"

Lucario: Lucario plays a small roll in the story of X and Y and introduces the player to the concept of Mega Evolution.

Charizard: You obtain a Kanto starter in X and Y and you get to Mega Evolve it. Charizard though, unlike the other starters, has TWO Mega Evolutions, a trait only Mewtwo shares.

Greninja: Is the 6th Gen's water starter.

So, out of all of this, the only real thing the 6th gen is not promoting at the moment, which is something they hyped up to all hell and back.... Is Fairy typing, and guess who one of the first Pokemon confirmed to have Fairy typing was?

Jigglypuff.
That's an excellent point. This is also another point in Mewtwo's favor. So 6 Pokemon for the 6th generation makes sense to me.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099

The fact that Golden Sun is first party gives the franchise more priority than a third party. Logically speaking. Sakurai loves breathing life into the older games. Though if 48 characters was the maximum I could see characters like Ike, Mewtwo, and Wolf not returning. Since transformations are now taking their own slots. Ganondorf might also get the axe but he's actually got a pretty good following.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Guys please, tell me, where's the crazy leak that says that Sakurai will show us first the Ridley's clone as a boss, and after the original Ridley as Playble? I guess that Greninja was in this leak.
Sakurai said that Ridley would be a possible boss character (I am not sure if he said possible or not), then showed Ridley's shadow. Someone else had the picture Print Screened, but I forgot who it was.
Who do people want as a Grass stater, and do they honestly think they'll beat Jigglypuff when it gets down to it?

Greninja: Is the 6th Gen's water starter.

Jigglypuff.

The ONLY Grass starter that even has a chance is Sceptile, and last time I checked, Sceptile's popularity was pretty low... Not only that, but there has yet to be a 3rd gen remake announced.
I think the only person who stands a chance of taking on Jigglypuff is Mewtwo, because of Mewtwo's Mega evolution form.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Am I the only one getting pretty tired of all the speculation? It's starting to wear on my brain. I'd really just like the whole roster to be leaked rather than having to guess if Mewtwo/K. Rool/Isaac/whoever will fill the cracks and which veterans are getting axed besides the 2 mons.

Just...just end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom