• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still expect K. Rool. I know I keep going on and on about it, but including the Kritters in Smash Run is just so interesting to me. Maybe it isn't to Sakurai, but as someone who's felt Kremling-starved for years now, it makes me think he's got something planned for the King more than just a trophy. I don't expect Isaac though, so hey.

A grass starter would be interesting, but I'm gonna warn people not to think it's coming just because Greninja and Zard make it seem plausible. As a said in another thread, we do tend to tunnel vision, which may be the reason we've been wrong 5/6 times on announcements.

ICs, Wario, C. Falcon and Meta Knight are most definitely confirmed based on things in the direct.

It's pretty unsurprising, but nice to see.
We also see the Franklin badge in the press photos, so Ness (and maybe Lucas) should be coming back.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Am I the only one getting pretty tired of all the speculation? It's starting to wear on my brain. I'd really just like the whole roster to be leaked rather than having to guess if Mewtwo/K. Rool/Isaac/whoever will fill the cracks and which veterans are getting axed besides the 2 mons.

Just...just end it.
If they do that, then there will be nothing to hype the game more. And we know Sakurai, of all people, will be hyping this game to no end.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Assuming Sal's buddy is credible, here is what the roster could end up looking like right now.

Here's a "pure" Sal's roster with no characters added in or cut:

SalsRoster.png

Everyone from Brawl returning PLUS the newcomers from Sal looks like this.

I have a feeling someone will get cut (Snake) and that there will be some unknown newcomer or 2 still to be seen...greninja makes me think sakurai has more tricks up his sleeve and is harder to guess then we think... but anyway thats sals leak plus brawl and it could very well be the final roster.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If they do that, then there will be nothing to hype the game more. And we know Sakurai, of all people, will be hyping this game to no end.
But we're so close! If we don't already know the final roster via legitimate visual leaks around the time E3 hits, I'm going to be very surprised.

Besides, I'd rather discuss how the new characters are going to work rather than sit around hoping they'll even be in the game. Which is why I'm pretty glad I don't need to worry at all about Palutena anymore. I dunno, I feel stupid saying it, but I think I'm getting too old for all this stress, hahaha.

We also see the Franklin badge in the press photos, so Ness (and maybe Lucas) should be coming back.
You're right! Forgot about that bit!

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Good to see that barnett leak was fake. That one sucked.

I don't see Mewtwo coming back. Six seperate pokemon seems like a lot.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I the only one getting pretty tired of all the speculation? It's starting to wear on my brain. I'd really just like the whole roster to be leaked rather than having to guess if Mewtwo/K. Rool/Isaac/whoever will fill the cracks and which veterans are getting axed besides the 2 mons.

Just...just end it.
I'm kind of in this boat now too. Especially now that transformations being seperate roster slots has been revealed. I've been worried ''What does this mean for a new Metroid rep? Zelda rep? ETC ETC."

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
If there ever is a legit leak nobody will ever believe it. How knows, maybe there is a leak with all the right characters, no tag teams, etc. that we've skipped on, and it has been lost in time. hat's the point of text leaks if nobody believes them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I dunno. For the sheer amount of characters Pokemon has, pinpointing 6 important, diverse ones seems like a reasonable idea.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But we're so close! If we don't already know the final roster via legitimate visual leaks around the time E3 hits, I'm going to be very surprised.

Besides, I'd rather discuss how the new characters are going to work rather than sit around hoping they'll even be in the game. Which is why I'm pretty glad I don't need to worry at all about Palutena anymore. I dunno, I feel stupid saying it, but I think I'm getting too old for all this stress, hahaha.

You're right! Forgot about that bit!
Hype is hype. I wonder how the new comers play too, but I am curious on who gets in. If I had to guess our most likely candidates for newcomers are:

Dixie Kong / King K. Rool: If there is more than 3 roster spots available for the DK series, then I see both getting in. Otherwise, the Kremlings in Smash Run may not help King K. Rool's chances.

Palutena: The direct helps her and all her bases, Final Smash (no longer part of Pits), Stage Hazard (Viridi), Assist Trophy would be covered by Hades, Phosphora, or Eggplant Wizard.

Shulk: Xenoblade Chronicles is a Nintendo first party game and nothing related to Xenoblade Chronicles has been revealed yet.

Isaac: He survived the Assist Trophy Massacre and nothing related to Golden Sun has popped up.

Chrom/Lucina: Either or, or they have an alternate costume change like Wii Fit Trainers. Only Marth has been revealed as a playable character and Lyn is confirmed as Assist Trophy.

Takamaru: Has not been deconfirmed.

Jigglypuff / Mewtwo: If Pokemon has six roster spaces, then I see both getting in; otherwise, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo's competition is each other.

Kat & Ana: They were not shown as assist trophies during the Direct and were Assist Trophies in the past installment, and Ashley is an assist trophy now, making their chances of being playable more likely. They would make a good secondary Warioware rep.

Edit: Forgot to mention Kat & Ana.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hype is hype. I wonder how the new comers play too, but I am curious on who gets in. If I had to guess our most likely candidates for newcomers are:

Dixie Kong / King K. Rool: If there is more than 3 roster spots available for the DK series, then I see both getting in. Otherwise, the Kremlings in Smash Run may not help King K. Rool's chances.

Palutena: The direct helps her and all her bases, Final Smash (no longer part of Pits), Stage Hazard (Viridi), Assist Trophy would be covered by Hades, Phosphora, or Eggplant Wizard.

Shulk: Xenoblade Chronicles is a Nintendo first party game and nothing related to Xenoblade Chronicles has been revealed yet.

Isaac: He survived the Assist Trophy Massacre and nothing related to Golden Sun has popped up.

Chrom/Lucina: Either or, or they have an alternate costume change like Wii Fit Trainers. Only Marth has been revealed as a playable character and Lyn is confirmed as Assist Trophy.

Jigglypuff / Mewtwo: If Pokemon has six roster spaces, then I see both getting in; otherwise, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo's competition is each other.
And unless Sakurai throws us another curveball (I'm still anticipating that Chorus guy) I think these are the only remaining legit choices.

But who even knows anymore. Greninja smokescreened our expectations hard.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
And unless Sakurai throws us another curveball (I'm still anticipating that Chorus guy) I think these are the only remaining legit choices.

But who even knows anymore. Greninja smokescreened our expectations hard.
Yeah, I would be lying if I said I was expecting Greninja.

I also forgot to add Krystal.

Edit: Did anybody see Jeff from Earthbound as an assist trophy? If not, then he is a possible candidate.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Here's a "pure" Sal's roster with no characters added in or cut:

View attachment 11787

Everyone from Brawl returning PLUS the newcomers from Sal looks like this.

I have a feeling someone will get cut (Snake) and that there will be some unknown newcomer or 2 still to be seen...greninja makes me think sakurai has more tricks up his sleeve and is harder to guess then we think... but anyway thats sals leak plus brawl and it could very well be the final roster.
I really hope his new leak isn't true. 7/12 of the newcomers are Wii era characters, there's only a couple non-humanoid characters, and no villains. I'm hoping for more variety than that.

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
For the sake of playing devil's advocate with the second coming of Sal Romano...

If we look at this leak outside the context of last year's E3 leak, doesn't it seem as though the leaker is casting a pretty wide net? They said that one of the five newcomers in that list would be announced during the Direct, and they were correct, yes. But is that confirmation especially impressive on its own merits? They cited three characters that many consider to be shoo-ins, a shock character (because, let's face it, there's a shock character on nearly every leak), and the frustratingly vague 'Pokemon from X/Y'. If the E3 leak had never occurred, would a confirmation from that list under the present circumstances be impressive? Personally, I don't think I'd be sold just yet. Like others have stated, if the leaker had pinpointed Greninja as the Pokemon, the leak would be much, much more believable, but that simply isn't the case.

Of course, we can't realistically look at this leak without considering the weight of the E3 leak since they supposedly originate from the same source, but it does provide some food for thought.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I would be lying if I said I was expecting Greninja.

I also forgot to add Krystal.

Edit: Did anybody see Jeff from Earthbound as an assist trophy? If not, then he is a possible candidate.
I'd take a Mother 3 candidate like Kumatora over Jeff.

That being said neither is likely, and the leaks themselves have been all to unfriendly too the Mother series as a whole.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
lol what if Isaac is just a trophy .......................
maybe not all returning AT's have been revealed.:crazy:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
My shot in the dark regarding the Ridley twist is that the Ridley we all know and love, or more likely the Other M Ridley, is on Pyrosphere.
But we can play as the 2D pixellated Ridley from the original Metroid. "All the other incarnations were too big, so we settled on this one".

Just seems like something Sakurai would do.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really hope his new leak isn't true. 7/12 of the newcomers are Wii era characters, there's only a couple non-humanoid characters, and no villains. I'm hoping for more variety than that.
Keep in mind, the leak doesn't even try to say it's the whole roster. And sadly Snake is likely to be missing, so if that's the final roster, there's at least one additional slot if they keep the same number. So a DK newcomer, Isaac, whatever can fill the gap, which fits in better with what we at SWF are looking for I think.

Frankly, I'd be fine with Greninja and Palutena and Shulk, but I certainly want me some K. Rool.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

i don't get why people think mewtwo won't come back. its clear that pokemon trainer is out and squirtle and ivysaur are very unlikely to come back now. jigllypuff and mewtwo would fill the last 2 spots for the pokemon series. there will still be 6 pokemon reps just like in brawl. plus jigglypuff and mewtwo have important attributes introduced in gen. 6 (fairy type for jigglypuff, and 2 mega evos for mewtwo.)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
maybe not all returning AT's have been revealed.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wow. Ridley being deconfirmed is a huge shocker to me. I thought for sure he'd be playable.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'd take a Mother 3 candidate like Kumatora over Jeff.

That being said neither is likely, and the leaks themselves have been all to unfriendly too the Mother series as a whole.
I understand. Me personally, I would like a Mother/Earthbound character that does not use PSI or PK for diversity.

I believe that the Mother/Earthbound series will be talked about or things related to it will be shown weeks or days before the 3DS versions release.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
i don't get why people think mewtwo won't come back. its clear that pokemon trainer is out and squirtle and ivysaur are very unlikely to come back now. jigllypuff and mewtwo would fill the last 2 spots for the pokemon series. there will still be 6 pokemon reps just like in brawl. plus jigglypuff and mewtwo have important attributes introduced in gen. 6 (fairy type for jigglypuff, and 2 mega evos for mewtwo.)
greninja already took one of those 2....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering this roster so far has been curveball central.

I don't think we're out of the way of another curveball at all. We're going to get hit by at least another couple. I'd be willing to bet money.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Mewtwo's niche is he's a LEGENDARY Pokemon who can Mega Evolve, not just the 2 mega evolutions, since Charizard can do that too. Mewtwo is the only Legendary pokemon 'evolving'.

Well, until the Latios/Latias mega evolution come out.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
maybe not all returning AT's have been revealed.
What about Barabara? I didn't see her, so she's playable right?

Surprise wise I think:
-FE character that isn't Chrom
-A retro that isn't Takumaru
-A 3rd Party that isn't Pacman

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Mii still has a huge chance of making it as well.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
For the sake of playing devil's advocate with the second coming of Sal Romano...

If we look at this leak outside the context of last year's E3 leak, doesn't it seem as though the leaker is casting a pretty wide net? They said that one of the five newcomers in that list would be announced during the Direct, and they were correct, yes. But is that confirmation especially impressive on its own merits? They cited three characters that many consider to be shoo-ins, a shock character (because, let's face it, there's a shock character on nearly every leak), and the frustratingly vague 'Pokemon from X/Y'. If the E3 leak had never occurred, would a confirmation from that list under the present circumstances be impressive? Personally, I don't think I'd be sold just yet. Like others have stated, if the leaker had pinpointed Greninja as the Pokemon, the leak would be much, much more believable, but that simply isn't the case.

Of course, we can't realistically look at this leak without considering the weight of the E3 leak since they supposedly originate from the same source, but it does provide some food for thought.

after the E3 leak sal said he got his info from another source he left anonymous.

the E3 leak got a lot of hate for saying it's six characters would be revealed at E3 and only 3 were shown there but since the info is second hand its possible sals source told him everyone he saw at E3 behind the scenes, and sal leaked them assuming they would all get revealed OR his source saw them and assumed they'd get revealed and told sal they would.

its very possible that this time sals friend told him more characters and then said something like "a pokemon from x and y, just watch the direct ;)" or something... OR its equally possible sal's source knew/saw it was greninja but didnt know the pokemon by name since many people do not know the new pokemon very well...there is 700+ at this point.

basically what im saying is that although sal was vague this time, his credibility has added up so much that i think scenarios like the ones i've described are likely.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
after the E3 leak sal said he got his info from another source he left anonymous.

the E3 leak got a lot of hate for saying it's six characters would be revealed at E3 and only 3 were shown there but since the info is second hand its possible sals source told him everyone he saw at E3 behind the scenes, and sal leaked them assuming they would all get revealed OR his source saw them and assumed they'd get revealed and told sal they would.

its very possible that this time sals friend told him more characters and then said something like "a pokemon from x and y, just watch the direct ;)" or something... OR its equally possible sal's source knew/saw it was greninja but didnt know the pokemon by name since many people do not know the new pokemon very well...there is 700+ at this point.

basically what im saying is that although sal was vague this time, his credibility has added up so much that i think scenarios like the ones i've described are likely.
Yeah, it's also possible that Waluigi isn't an assist, and Sakurai made him low poly abit, but has a better model of him just to blow our minds! Or maybe Squritle and Ivisaur are playable with Charizard, but only in final smash.
This is as hypothetical as it gets. The leaky 3 one especially.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, it's also possible that Waluigi isn't an assist, and Sakurai made him low poly abit, but has a better model of him just to blow our minds! Or maybe Squritle and Ivisaur are playable with Charizard, but only in final smash.
This is as hypothetical as it gets. The leaky 3 one especially.
wow it's not THAT hypothetical, nor am i trying to argue deconfirmed characters are still in the game, your strawmaning me hard here. what I'm describing are actual plausible situations where someone would have info but it would be somewhat "fuzzy" on the exact details.

legit leakers are NOT going to be the people working on the game, leakers are the friends of the people who might be sort-of involved with/working on the game because anyone directly working on it wont risk their job to leak info.

likely situation is sal knows real info but hes getting it second hand so he hasnt just seen the roster or played the game or hung out with skaurai and stuff that the FAKE leakers claim.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
wow it's not THAT hypothetical, nor am i trying to argue deconfirmed characters are still in the game, your strawmaning me hard here. what I'm describing are actual plausible situations where someone would have info but it would be somewhat "fuzzy" on the exact details.

legit leakers are NOT going to be the people working on the game, leakers are the friends of the people who might be sort-of involved with/working on the game because anyone directly working on it wont risk their job to leak info.

likely situation is sal knows real info but hes getting it second hand so he hasnt just seen the roster or played the game or hung out with skaurai and stuff that the FAKE leakers claim.
Still, these scenarios have absolutely no real proof to them at all. Several leaks can be reconfirmed by simply the leaker having second hand information. For now, we can't randomly assume this stuff. It cannot be proven. So for now it should be debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom