• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Some did mention that there might not be so many characters because of the 3DS?

A regular Wii game held 4 GB, whilst Brawl took 8 GB. A 3DS game card can hold up to 8 GB. MK7 is 1 GB. Why would there be any technical limitations?
the thing with brawl i think most of the memory was the sse.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Some did mention that there might not be so many characters because of the 3DS?

A regular Wii game held 4 GB, whilst Brawl took 8 GB. A 3DS game card can hold up to 8 GB. MK7 is 1 GB. Why would there be any technical limitations?
2 music tracks per stage on 3DS is pretty definitive proof that Sakurai's not going to allow the 3DS cartridge size to limit the roster.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Well this game seems to have about as much content as SSE without having SSE. Bosses that are just parts of the stages, tons of enemies with unique attacks, etc. It would seem to me that they might not be saving that much space, if any, even with the lack of SSE since the alternative modes and all the new content seems to be a huge amount.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Inside drifting is in, but like he said, it looks like it's being tweaked still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2spvQjYyH4

"I'm not sure if/how sparks can indicate whether or not the drift is inside. Also, new footage from preview outlets such as GameXplain show bikes with a drift that have an incredibly inside appearance to them, so my bet is that they are returning. In this video Metal Mario uses one of those bikes."
*Based on this footage, it looks like the drift for the Mario Kart 8 bike is inside, but with a more outward appearance.*

Also, I'm not sure how you also did not notice a tweaked indrift on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TksRNqzDk
To me it adds up perfectly to what he said. It look's like a tweaked version of indrifting, but yes, it's still inside drifting. It's nowhere near as sharp and overpowering as it used to be, but it's sharper than most of the karts still. In the rainbow road video,at the 0:14 mark, you can clearly see a tweaked indrift indicated by his bike that's clearly drifting sharper and more inward than Rosalina's kart. Rosalina's even goes outward a bit at the beggining of her drift, while Metal Mario's does not (a little but, but not as much as her). This is the video people are discussing at the moment in regards to it returning.I'm not even sure if that bike in the first video is the correct one, more-so look at the second video I linked.
Take a look at this too. http://www.mariokartwii.com/f105/inside-drift-133682-post6004607.html#post6004607
Once again, it's tweaked inside drifting.
-More discussion that proves it's in the game-
"I lot of people seem to think inward drift will be the same as it was in MKW. even if it did return, with the removal of the stationary mini-turbo and possibly the wheelie, inward drift wont NEARLY be as good as it used to be. *This also indicates a tweak in indrifting based on the other above updates* yes, inward drift is absolutely best when cornering, but if drifting..."
"GameXplain confirmed in their Q&A that inward drift was not present as they were playing it, just some really tight outward drift. Can this be placed under a tweaked indrift (a tight outward drift) still? I'm not entirely sure.That's not 100% absolute though, as they didn't have a chance to go through all the vehicles, but a good bunch of them with their time with the game."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkslNWnOQ84#t=35
^ The folks at MKW says that it's not indrift, but more of a hybrid between outward and inward. This to me, still classifies as a tweak/change because it involves indrifting. " It's very tight, and angles to an inside drift but slides in an outward way."

In conclusion, I'm still going to view RosalinaX's leak as real.
Well then, that leak is still on then. I would still advise caution, but I still wouldn't be surprised if that's the number of characters and cuts we're getting.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Where's this MK8 leak at?

If he hasn't leaked anything concrete about SSB we have no reason to believe him, even if he has demonstrated knowledge of other games.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Where's this MK8 leak at?

If he hasn't leaked anything concrete about SSB we have no reason to believe him, even if he has demonstrated knowledge of other games.
Nothing except the roster # and amount of cuts. Information we won't know until this summer. I think someone leaked it a few pages back.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Are you saying cuts are impossible (for both newcomers and veterans)?
Cuts aren't impossible, but again, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai told us the roster was a lock almost a year ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. With release for 3DS a few months away, the roster certainly shouldn't be changing at this point.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It's already been covered, but I saw people predict Greninja in this very board, and that is more than the leaker predicted. He literally predicted that one of 70 new pokemon would be in the game. Awesome, real specific.
Of course some people predicted Greninja, some that actually wanted him. The general conscious was that it would be Mewtwo x/y, Kalos trainer, or even a pokemon of a previous generation though. Even though he vaguely predicted one of 70 pokemon , he's predicted 5 of the 6 newcomers (one being WFT) so far. I'd assume that has to have some sort of credibility to you, right?
Cuts aren't impossible, but again, I'm pretty sure that Sakurai told us the roster was a lock almost a year ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. With release for 3DS a few months away, the roster certainly shouldn't be changing at this point.
True, I'm sure he's had the list of newcomers for a while now. It explains Greninja a lot, as he was the IT pokemon at the time. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-time-bring-back-entire-smash-roster-wii-3ds/
I don't know how the development process works, so I can't speak on the possibility of a character still possibly undergoing difficulties or being in a gray area. Certainly not impossible though.

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
2 music tracks per stage on 3DS is pretty definitive proof that Sakurai's not going to allow the 3DS cartridge size to limit the roster.
That, and the city trial game mode being exponentially less resource intensive than SSE was. I don't think Sakurai would be happy if he wasn't allowed to include each character he wanted because of technical limitations.

Zorgunos

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone broughtt this up already, I haven't read the last 4 pages, but I'm hearing a lot about Sal leaks and gematsu.com leaks. These seems to be the most accepted leaks here. Well correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't even be both true?

The Sal leak said there would be 48 slots in the roster, and 4 cuts from Brawl.
That would give us 40-4= 36 slots, so 12 newcommers. However, ZSS, Sheik and Charizard are considered verterans and now have there own slots.
So 36+3= 39 slots, leaves us room for 9 newcommers.

The Gematsu leak said this would be newcommers:
* Little Mac
* Wii Fit Trainer
* Pac-Man
* Mii
* Villager
* MegaMan
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
That are 11 newcommers, and Rosalina isn't there, so 12 newcommers.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this proves that they can't possibly be both true?
The character roster has to be bigger, or there have to be more cuts if the Gematsu leak is true

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone broughtt this up already, I haven't read the last 4 pages, but I'm hearing a lot about Sal leaks and gematsu.com leaks. These seems to be the most accepted leaks here. Well correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't even be both true?

That would give us 40-4= 36 slots, so 12 newcommers. However, ZSS, Sheik and Charizard are considered verterans and now have there own slots.

* Little Mac
* Wii Fit Trainer
* Pac-Man
* Mii
* Villager
* MegaMan
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Again, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this proves that they can't possibly be both true?
The character roster has to be bigger, or there have to be more cuts if the Gematsu leak is true
Sal's leak did not specify roster count or cuts. That was an entirely different leak.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Of course some people predicted Greninja, some that actually wanted him. The general conscious was that it would be Mewtwo x/y, Kalos trainer, or even a pokemon of a previous generation though. Even though he vaguely predicted one of 70 pokemon , he's predicted 5 of the 6 newcomers (one being WFT) so far. I'd assume that has to have some sort of credibility to you, right?

No.

And 5? I count 4.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

* Little Mac
* Wii Fit Trainer
* Pac-Man
* Mii
* Villager
* MegaMan
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)

And Sal's leak has never specified if those are all of the remaining newcomers.
Fair enough.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Combining Sal's leak with the Rosalina one is a mistake. Sal's leaker already missed one character and didn't know another, which suggests that there's more he doesn't know about. Best to hold them as separate, especially since RosalinaX's leak apparently comes from someone on the MK8 team.

True, I'm sure he's had the list of newcomers for a while now. It explains Greninja a lot, as he was the IT pokemon at the time. http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-time-bring-back-entire-smash-roster-wii-3ds/
I don't know how the development process works, so I can't speak on the possibility of a character still possibly undergoing difficulties or being in a gray area. Certainly not impossible though.
I suppose it's not impossible that a character could be cut at this point, but I'm extremely skeptical that the roster is still up in the air after nearly 2 years of development (maybe more? ) and with release a scant few months away.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Didn't he say in the original email that a lot of those would be revealed at E3 2013? And then a lot weren't.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Rhythm Heaven would be a pretty oddball inclusion given the apparent nature of the series, but weirder things have indeed happened.
Actually i've got an idea that would be cool..all of the special moves in Choir Boys movelist are based around timing to the beat like DK's Final Smash

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I was a believer in Leake3, but this new Gematsu leak seems sketchy to me. It's not that I dislike it, it just doesn't seem real to me.

Plus, I think Mii took just as big a hit as Ridley did in terms of likelyness after the Direct. Not just the Mii in the background, but the lack of a series icon and the customization features make Mii less likely.

Mind you, I still think Ridley has a shot so the Mii isn't dead in my eyes. But he's looking less likely, which affects the Romano leak.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Didn't he say in the original email that a lot of those would be revealed at E3 2013? And then a lot weren't.
Three of them weren't revealed at e3. In Gematu's newest email from the tipper, the tipper has said that "Pacman and Mii" are still on there way while one of the leaked characters would be in the direct. That's how it's worded anyways, later Greninja was revealed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sal's leak is a bit of an odd one.

Sal's initial leak predicted Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager's reveals correctly, but predicted Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii's reveals incorrectly. All 6 were supposed to be at E3 "barring impromptu change". Yes, Mac has since been revealed to be on the roster, but the initial prediction specified an E3 reveal.

Even if he does have legitimate inside information, which is the likeliest explanation for his WFT guess, Sal clearly does not have a wholly accurate source. The inability of Sal's source to identify Greninja further testifies to the incomplete nature of his source's knowledge.

Three of them weren't revealed at e3. In Gematu's newest email from the tipper, the tipper has said that "Pacman and Mii" are still on there way while one of the leaked characters would be in the direct. That's how it's worded anyways, later Greninja was revealed.
Sal said that one of the new 5 predictions might be revealed in the Direct, not the leaker. All the leaker predicted is that "Pokemon from X & Y" would be in the final game.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't the Gematsu leak bring the roster count to 48?
Brawl's roster of 40-4=36
36+12(Newcomers+leaked ones)=48, which coincides with the MK8 roster. Am I adding something wrong? I thought it was 47 before.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
there should have been at least 5 tracks per stage on the 3ds version imo but characters are more important.....

I see myself playing with music off on the 3ds and game music fplaying from youtube lol

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Brawl didn't have 40 characters but 35. Sheik and ZSS are on their own now so that makes 37 slots. PkMnTrainer is replaced by Charizard, so Ivysaur and
Squirtle are (probably) cut, meaning that there are 2 cuts left (37 - 2 = 35). Add the 12 newcomers and we have 47 --> which could mean that there's still
one character left that is unknown to the leaker --> in total that would make 48 characters.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think there will be cuts..........even if its just squirtle and ivysaur....
though snake is in the danger zone.......and possibily others.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That's my point. 40-4 cuts makes 36 + the Gematsu leaks + Rosalina would be 48. Which fits the MK8 leaks(I thought Sal but it was MK8). BUT Charizard, ZSS and Sheik now have their own slots, so that would make 51 slots. Which proves that Gematsu and MK8 can't be both true
Brawl has 39 characters, not 40. There's 35 slots plus Squirtle, Ivysaur, Sheik, and ZSS. Charizard, Sheik, and ZSS were already counted in the total Brawl roster size (Charizard taking PKMN Trainer's slot), so adding them again is a mistake. 39 + 12 brings us to 51 characters, minus 4 is 47. The leaks still don't work together, though.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
That's my point. 40-4 cuts makes 36 + the Gematsu leaks + Rosalina would be 48. Which fits the MK8 leaks(I thought Sal but it was MK8). BUT Charizard, ZSS and Sheik now have their own slots, so that would make 51 slots. Which proves that Gematsu and MK8 can't be both true
Ohh, I see what you mean. So one of them is fake. I'm still worried that Gematu's tipper could simply be telling the truth with some of his information and lying about the rest. It's obvious he has information, and like Turninator said, is either inaccurate or faulty. Maybe to mess with us, or keep Nintendo of his tail.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has 39 characters, not 40. There's 35 slots plus Squirtle, Ivysaur, Sheik, and ZSS. Charizard, Sheik, and ZSS were already counted in the total Brawl roster size (Charizard taking PKMN Trainer's slot), so adding them again is a mistake. 39 + 12 brings us to 51 characters, minus 4 is 47. The leaks still don't work together, though.
Is it possible there is one other newcomer gematsu's tipper doesn't know about, like Rosalina?
And oops double post:(

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm still of the opinion that the Gematsu guy likely found out about Wii Fit Trainer through E3 somehow and BS'd some/all of the rest of his guesses for fun, given both his misses and the fact that "Pokemon from X & Y" just doesn't jive with his pattern of predictions in the past.

Zorgunos

Smash Rookie
Yeah I counted the Random slot, so I was wrong indeed.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
PortraitofRuin leak is still alive and kickin. It predicted the online options for For Fun. Deconfirmed K. Rool and Ridley. People are in full blown denail though and stomping it out.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
PortraitofRuin leak is still alive and kickin. It predicted the online options for For Fun. Deconfirmed K. Rool and Ridley. People are in full blown denail though and stomping it out.
where was k.rool deconfirmed again heck kremlings being in smash 4 make him more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom