• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So about the Choir Kids, I've never heard of them. How important are they to Nintendo? Are their games really popular or critically acclaimed?

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
So about the Choir Kids, I've never heard of them. How important are they to Nintendo? Are their games really popular or critically acclaimed?
I think they came from Rhythm Heaven. A game from like 5 years back. Not hugely popular or critically acclaimed. But... it's Nintendo they can do what they want and often do the unexpected.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
First off, I'm in the camp that believes Ridley could still be playable. I always found it a lil' silly when people would say that Sakurai was trolling us, considering I didn't believe he spend a significant amount of time lurking about and seeing what's happening in the smash community. Surely this direct puts that into question? Between the ZSS joke, the nod to Palutena, the fact that Ridley still hasn't been shown off and I'm sure 99% expected Greninja to be Mewtwo in that trailer and that got totally flipped on our heads. To say Ridley is de-confirmed considering he still hasn't been shown off is premature IMO.
100% agreed. And I'm not even a Ridley supporter... something feels off to this.

I also believe this does raise Isaac's chances considering he was the only Assist that could make the jump from assist to character, other than Mac, that would actually make sense, not saying it confirms him just saying it can't hurt his case.
I agree with you, except Isaac isn't the only former AT with a chance... I posted this in the direct thread:

Regarding AT's...

"Because they factor into All Star Mode, we want to include as many AT's as possible" - Paraphrased from the Direct
Fact: they already had working models and attack patterns for all AT's from Brawl, so there is minimal work from just porting ALL of them.

AT's from Brawl that WEREN'T shown in the AT reel of the direct (or the pictures after) - from my memory:

Barbara from the DS Band Brothers game - Eh... I'm guessing this is a one-off and she might not be back. No real relevance
Gray Fox - This would give Snake away, so I imagine if Snake's in, we'll get a Metal Gear AT. If not, obviously we won't.
Hammer Bro - He'll either be back, or just treated as an enemy in the Smash Run game... possibly replaced by Chain Chomp?
Helirin - who knows? Maybe replaced by Pong and Galaga?
Jill (Drill Dozer) - Might just be gone, since Drill Dozer is pretty dead at this point.
Kat & Ana - Presumably replaced by Ashley
Lakitu and Spinies - Same as Hammer Bro
Mr. Resetti - Eh who knows? he might be back.
Jeff (Earthbound) - My personal guess is that he'll be back as an AT, but I really don't know. with the EB re-release, I could actually see him playable, but I doubt it.
Shadow the Hedgehog - I'm guessing sonic will get an AT.. and I'm double guessing that Shadow wouldn't be playable
Excitebikes - interesting exclusion... although they could be replacing him with Galaga, but I doubt it
Tingle - Another interesting exclusion to me...
Ray MK III - I have to imagine Custom Robo will get some representation...
Advanced Wars troops - I always found them to be a fairly boring AT, so it's possible they are gone, but I bet the series gets some representation
Isaac - This is the conflicting one for me... I really am hoping for playable, but I don't know what to expect. Can't imagine he wouldn't show up somehow
Little Mac - Converted to Playable

I've colored them by how likely I would expect they are to be converted to playable characters. Obviously, Little Mac gives this as a possibility for all former AT's, so fingers crossed.

Legend:
Not at all likely
Possible as a huge WTF moment, but incredibly unlikely
Some likelihood. Still doubtful, but more likely
Really a coin flip. All three are from popular, non-represented series' that could be due for a BIG comeback. Advance Wars and Golden Sun also just got a lot of new recognition with the virtual console.
Float like a butterfly...sting like a bee.

I'm not with you on this. There are like 70 pokemon in X and Y and everyone had been suspecting at least one would show up in some playable form. It's not impressive at all to say "One of 70 pokemon" But yeah, we'll find out soon enough.
The leak didn't even say "starter Pokemon" or anything that isn't just a guess with a huge pool of possibilities. Color me incredibly skeptical.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's also possible that it used to be white, but changed to grey. Not really a good reason to disconfirm a leak that for all intents and purposes seems to be legitimate.
Bottom Screen actually shows pictures of the stage now I think

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
It's also possible that it used to be white, but changed to grey. Not really a good reason to disconfirm a leak that for all intents and purposes seems to be legitimate.
See. Now it's legitimately impossible to debunk this leak because prodution changes. Yeah sure they made Mario's model different and changed it right back, and changed his idle position there and back again. Sure they couldn't get any poses other than generic ones. Sure a video was impossible. The only thing that can debunk it in the Smash fandom is the real model. OH WAIT PRODUTION CHANGES! OH WAIT NOBODY CARES AND WILL DEFEND IT BY THAT POINT! But production changes in the model could easily happen, so yeah change her model. I can accept that the bottom screen wasn't hard hitting. But people still will defend it like crazy. No point.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai's comment that Wireframe Mac would be one of the alternate costumes we can choose from was interesting. Have any leaks mentioned alternate costumes for everybody as a feature? I don't remember seeing that prediction often.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fwiw, in the past I poo-pooed the idea of any leaks considering how the game wasn't anywhere close to release, but with both the 3DS and Wii U more than likely being predominantly finished come Summer, I think now is the time we might start getting some legitimate leaks if they are to happen.

Sakurai's comment that Wireframe Mac would be one of the alternate costumes we can choose from was interesting. Have any leaks mentioned alternate costumes for everybody as a feature? I don't remember seeing that prediction often.
There's been some, but most of them have Dark Samus as an alt for Samus; which we know is not credible now.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm not with you on this. There are like 70 pokemon in X and Y and everyone had been suspecting at least one would show up in some playable form. It's not impressive at all to say "One of 70 pokemon" But yeah, we'll find out soon enough.
Of course you say this right after the direct when in reality, nobody had an XY pokemon on their rosters or predictions, especially Greninja by himself and before Mewtwo. In hindsight it was obvious, but none of us still saw it coming. Where is your proof that "everyone" saw an XY pokemon being playable, especially before Mewtwo? This happened when he leaked Villager and WFT. Supposedly even after Sakurai's comment, "everyone" saw Villager coming and WFT was a lucky guess. Yet nobody had either on their rosters or most likely for smash in any discussion on most websites I've (I frequent Gamefaqs,Neoseeker, Neogaf, and sometimes even 4chan) seen. Some people had Hawlucha, but even that wasn't a majority. I agree that we should be suspicious, but this guy has leaked 5/6 newcomers correct so far and with it being right before the direct, it says a lot.

Mind you, the guy said that his remaining e3 predictions were "on the way" while he was sure that one of the other 5 newcomers were sure to appear in the direct. But that's just why I find this a lot more credible than it is suspicious. I think Muster brings up a good point.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Of course you say this right after the direct when in reality, nobody had an XY pokemon on their rosters or predictions, especially Greninja by himself and before Mewtwo. In hindsight it was obvious, but none of us still saw it coming. Where is your proof that "everyone" saw an XY pokemon being playable, especially before Mewtwo? This happened when he leaked Villager and WFT. Supposedly even after Sakurai's comment, "everyone" saw Villager coming and WFT was a lucky guess. Yet nobody had either on their rosters or most likely for smash in any discussion on most websites I've (I frequent Gamefaqs,Neoseeker, Neogaf, and sometimes even 4chan) seen. Some people had Hawlucha, but even that wasn't a majority. I agree that we should be suspicious, but this guy has leaked 5/6 newcomers correct so far and with it being right before the direct, it says a lot.

Mind you, the guy said that his remaining e3 predictions were "on the way" while he was sure that one of the other 5 newcomers were sure to appear in the direct. But that's just why I find this a lot more credible than it is suspicious. I think Muster brings up a good point.
At least one person on /r/smashbros guessed that Greninja would be revealed in the Direct.

This guy hasn't gotten 5/6 newcomers, because he didn't predict Greninja. He predicted "a Pokemon from X & Y" to be revealed at an unspecified time. Every Smash game has included Pokemon from the latest gen as playable. It's simply not a convincing prediction.

It's also important to remember that the leaker's information, while possibly partially true, is not 100% accurate. The leaker predicted 6 E3 reveals and we got 3. Whoever he is, he's not that in the know. You could debatably consider missing Rosalina further proof that he doesn't know everything.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
At least one person on /r/smashbros guessed that Greninja would be revealed in the Direct.

This guy hasn't gotten 5/6 newcomers, because he didn't predict Greninja. He predicted "a Pokemon from X & Y" to be revealed at an unspecified time. Every Smash game has included Pokemon from the latest gen as playable. It's simply not a convincing prediction.
I agree. That is like saying "I predict there will be a secondary Fire Emblem character revealed".

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Guys please, tell me, where's the crazy leak that says that Sakurai will show us first the Ridley's clone as a boss, and after the original Ridley as Playble? I guess that Greninja was in this leak.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Guys please, tell me, where's the crazy leak that says that Sakurai will show us first the Ridley's clone as a boss, and after the original Ridley as Playble? I guess that Greninja was in this leak.
Sakurai said that Ridley would be a possible boss character (I am not sure if he said possible or not), then showed Ridley's shadow. Someone else had the picture Print Screened, but I forgot who it was.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
See. Now it's legitimately impossible to debunk this leak because prodution changes. Yeah sure they made Mario's model different and changed it right back, and changed his idle position there and back again. Sure they couldn't get any poses other than generic ones. Sure a video was impossible. The only thing that can debunk it in the Smash fandom is the real model. OH WAIT PRODUTION CHANGES! OH WAIT NOBODY CARES AND WILL DEFEND IT BY THAT POINT! But production changes in the model could easily happen, so yeah change her model. I can accept that the bottom screen wasn't hard hitting. But people still will defend it like crazy. No point.
I can't speak for everyone, but if the Palutena model in the game looks wildly different, I'd say the leak was fake. But so far, nothing has been very convincing in proving it is fake to me.

It's already been covered, but I saw people predict Greninja in this very board, and that is more than the leaker predicted. He literally predicted that one of 70 new pokemon would be in the game. Awesome, real specific.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well i went back and found the leak that talked about ridley being both a hazard and a playable character debunked by the fact it lists dixe as a transformation

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I can't speak for everyone, but if the Palutena model in the game looks wildly different, I'd say the leak was fake. But so far, nothing has been very convincing in proving it is fake to me.

It's already been covered, but I saw people predict Greninja in this very board, and that is more than the leaker predicted. He literally predicted that one of 70 new pokemon would be in the game. Awesome, real specific.
Exactly. If the leaker knew that a pokemon X/Y was included in smash, he should have known which one too.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Regarding this rumour

Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage (my friend was right about it)
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard (Masahiro wants to show before the hazard) - I could see that work but only if the playable Ridley was normal ridley and the stage hazard was Meta Ridley
Palutena is playable
King K Rool isn't playable - A bit Dissapointed but also expected. King K Rool hasn't be really that relevent lately
Geno isn't playable - Predictable
Sami (advance wars) is an assist trophy - Possible as well but i wonder if this means that Andy will be playable
Primid is an assist trophy - Who?
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a stage (fairy type appears) - I wonder what the Fairy Type stage is going to look like
Miiverse is a stage - How is this going to work?
Nintendo Land is a stage - I am really exicted to see how this is going to work out..
There will be a playable character from a Nintendo E-Shop series ... my friends said that Dillon and Tempo are possible but not sure - I bet it will be Dillion.
@KenithTheGatherer, I found! It's not dead.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So apparently Galaga SPRITES are an assist trophy. Um...yeah. (A LOT OF SCREENS ON GAF RIGHT NOW)

BEES!

FAKE! ErenJeager CLEARLY pointed out that Bees were Villager's Final Smash, so they can't be an item. Also, multiple final smashes confirmed!

.....seriously though, the Namco items don't confirm anything, but they definitely help pro Pacman leaks at least a bit.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Palutena vanishing from Pit's moveset and the Pseudo-Palutena trophy both seem to point toward Palutena's inclusion as a playable fighter, though I'm still very skeptical of the leak.

Namco items lend a bit more credence to Pac as they show that Namco is indeed getting some love in SSB4. Namco items without a character would just feel off. Given that the Namco items all appear to be retro, I'm hoping for Retro Pac if we get him, as that's the iconic version of the character and the only one who really has any business in Smash at all.

Well, any leaks have Wireframe Mac?
Not that I know of.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 Very true.

I think they came from Rhythm Heaven. A game from like 5 years back. Not hugely popular or critically acclaimed. But... it's Nintendo they can do what they want and often do the unexpected.
The Rhythm series has three games, one on GBA, one on DS, and one on Wii. Same amount of games as Kid Icarus, right?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Rhythm Heaven would be a pretty oddball inclusion given the apparent nature of the series, but weirder things have indeed happened.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Namco items lend a bit more credence to Pac as they show that Namco is indeed getting some love in SSB4. Namco items without a character would just feel off. Given that the Namco items all appear to be retro, I'm hoping for Retro Pac if we get him, as that's the iconic version of the character and the only one who really has any business in Smash at all.
Pac-Man or Taizohori/Dig Dug. (I feel like those two are even now)

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Pac-Man or Taizohori/Dig Dug. (I feel like those two are even now)
There's also always the possibility that the Tales guy could push heavily for one of his characters, as IIRC he expressed a desire to see a Tales character in Smash. We've already seen firsthand the potency of personal appeals when it comes to third parties.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wouldn't tag-team rumors/leaks be bust now too, since there are no transformation characters anymore? Unless they don't count as ones... I'm not really sure. Diddy + Dixie was already proved wrong but what about Chrom + Lucina?

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There's also always the possibility that the Tales guy could push heavily for one of his characters, as IIRC he expressed a desire to see a Tales character in Smash. We've already seen firsthand the potency of personal appeals when it comes to third parties.
True. It's honestly only Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Lloyd/Cress that have a chance anyway.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
@KenithTheGatherer, I found! It's not dead.
I'm a giant Advance Wars fan and even I'm super skeptical of that leak. :p Ridley as a hazard and playable would be both ridiculous and the single greatest troll Sakurai has ever accomplished.

Still, it's not dead, so the leaker chose his guesses/predictions a little better than many others, I suppose.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well we are probably going to be getting real leaks now. If we haven't gotten real leaks already.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm a giant Advance Wars fan and even I'm super skeptical of that leak. :p Ridley as a hazard and playable would be both ridiculous and the single greatest troll Sakurai has ever accomplished.

Still, it's not dead, so the leaker chose his guesses/predictions a little better than many others, I suppose.
Didn't Capcom do that with Red Arremer in UMvC3? Or was he just in the background?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well we are probably going to be getting real leaks now. If we haven't gotten real leaks already.
With the 3DS version probably coming after E3, we are definitely going to see some very detailed leaks very soon.

Didn't Capcom do that with Red Arremer in UMvC3? Or was he just in the background?
UMvC3 doesn't have any actual stage hazards, so the comparison doesn't really work.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

so thats the second leak mentioning ridley as both a hazard and a playable character

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Some did mention that there might not be so many characters because of the 3DS?

A regular Wii game held 4 GB, whilst Brawl took 8 GB. A 3DS game card can hold up to 8 GB. MK7 is 1 GB. Why would there be any technical limitations?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Another peeve is ZSS being a rep. Not only did they add her again, they enlarged her breasts and gave her high heels... I'm not a feminist but, even if ZSS's first appearance is Fusion, you feel like she's the whiny, insecure girl she was in Other M... Spandex isn't helping that view.
I think you're over analyzing things. When I saw ZSS I was focusing on her gameplay. I would have never thought her boobs were bigger if no one mentioned it (I havent check and dont plan to because it doesnt and shouldnt matter to me) and as far as I know they just seem bigger because of a thicker suit or are simply rounder because "Yay! higher poly count". And her face didnt look insecure or whiny in the gameplay imo.

It just sounds like your distaste for one game affected your view of her as a whole. Dont let the bias flow through you.

-Meow

EDIT: I cant believe that word is censored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom