• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Everybody keeps bringing up that the 3DS models' outlines are equally thick everywhere in regards to the Jiggs/Ness picture, which isn't true:

Look at Pikachu's ears. Then look at the tail.

I don't believe that the Jiggs/Ness picture is real, because there's plenty to disprove it otherwise, like the lack of differing colors of the outlines which is very apparent in this picture too, but the outlines aren't equally thick all around even in official images. Just making this comment to hinder spreading more misinformation.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I believe that pic is fake simply because it's too shallow. I mean it's just Ness... And Jigglypuff... Standing there... OK?
Too ****ing easy. You want to leak a picture, at least make it hard: a character making a move, or a stage we haven't seen.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1qs3py/a_little_birdie_told_me/

heard some more stuff
there’s only one new gameplay mechanic. an invisible meter fills whenever you hit the opponent and when the opponent hits you. when it maxes out the word ‘burst!’ appears on your hud and you can press a+b together on the ground or in the air to strike a pose and send a shockwave out of your character, knocking back anyone in the immediate vicinity. it doesn’t do any damage and is intended to get out of combos or make room between you and the opponents.
little mac is still an assist trophy. my friend has also seen shulk from xenoblade and rosalina as assist trophies.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

heard some more stuff
there’s only one new gameplay mechanic. an invisible meter fills whenever you hit the opponent and when the opponent hits you. when it maxes out the word ‘burst!’ appears on your hud and you can press a+b together on the ground or in the air to strike a pose and send a shockwave out of your character, knocking back anyone in the immediate vicinity. it doesn’t do any damage and is intended to get out of combos or make room between you and the opponents.
little mac is still an assist trophy. my friend has also seen shulk from xenoblade and rosalina as assist trophies.
I hope this is fake......Although I'm 100% sure it is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I could see Shulk ending up as an Assist Trophy, but no way they're going to pass out on Little Mac this time around. Of course it's always possible, but it makes me very skeptic of the rumor.

Plus, the knockback thing just sounds like he made his own mechanic by taking inspiration from WFT's announcement video.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

heard some more stuff
The leaky 3 rumor and now this. This just does not coordinate.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
There's this one...

throwaway account here! i heard some pretty big smash bros news through the grapevine..
-the game’s single player component is an adventure mode very similar to the one found in super smash bros melee
-you can create custom mii characters with different costumes, moves and taunts, and these miis can be saved to individual slots. you can trade miis between platforms and with friends, and you can upload, download and rate miis online. most of the mii parts, like new costumes and attacks, are unlockable.
-stage builder has been greatly expanded upon and has a similar online feature set to the miis
-nintendo will be producing packs of smash bros ar trading cards with original artwork, classic art, character bios, stage descriptions, item descriptions and so on. these cards can be scanned to unlock new mii parts, stage builder parts, music, trophies and other goodies.
-august 2014 is the target release date on both platforms
from what i hear, a little bit of the above is going to be shown off next month in a nintendo direct. so i suppose that’s the best proof i can give you all for now. ignore this post in the meantime if you like, but check back in a month to see how i did. ;)
i believe there's an option to disable miis. they're more a fun distraction than anything else. something for the casual crowd.
heard some more stuff

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The rumor would have more longevity if he didn't pick Little Mac to confirm as still an AT, considering he's probably one of the newcomers next in line to be revealed when the time comes. Should've gone with a much more unlikely character to deconfirm.

Also, Mii's having customizable movesets seems pretty fishy.

Shulk could end up an AT though.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
what credibility does this guy have anyway?? i could make and account and say a bunch of things with no proof and it would be the same thing

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The rumor would have more longevity if he didn't pick Little Mac to confirm as still an AT, considering he's probably one of the newcomers next in line to be revealed when the time comes. Should've gone with a much more unlikely character to deconfirm.
Though I'd imagine that if Little Mac kept his AT status, everyone would view it as totally true like people did with the E3 rumor.

The Smash 4 forum would go crazy!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
what credibility does this guy have anyway?? i could make and account and say a bunch of things with no proof and it would be the same thing

from what i hear, a little bit of the above is going to be shown off next month in a nintendo direct. so i suppose that’s the best proof i can give you all for now. ignore this post in the meantime if you like, but check back in a month to see how i did. ;)
Thast's when we will know how much credibility this person has. :|

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Though I'd imagine that if Little Mac kept his AT status, everyone would view it as totally true like people did with the E3 rumor.

The Smash 4 forum would go crazy!
I suppose it's possible, because people on here will jump at anything that seems remotely plausible, but I don't know if it'd be quite on the level of predicting all three newcomers, including WFT (plus the other three rumored characters were and still are possible).

Honestly though, even though this rumor wouldn't be horrible if true (though disappointing for Mac and Shulk supporters), any rumor that states someone's friend/relative/whoever actually saw in depth elements of the game and knows what is going to be shown in upcoming Directs is likely fake. Those are two completely different and likely unrelated roles in development, unless this "friend" is some high ranking developer on the team, which is obviously pretty unlikely. Especially since this person managed to see three ATs and only one new character, someone that high up would be able to leak much more information.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If I was indeed a leaker, I wouldn't just reveal straight off the bat the predicted newcomers. If I was able to, I'd probably never mention Mega Man, only Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. It gains trust in you, rather than being a "lucky guess" if they were to, say, leak a returning veteran/ highly predicted newcomer.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Although I honestly believe they should add a new thing for the A+B command.
I always thought they should make A+B used to activate your Final Smash. Sometimes when I have Final Smash inside my character, I do want to use the regular B move before I activate the Final Smash.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I always thought they should make A+B used to activate your Final Smash. Something when I have Final Smash inside my character, I do want to use the regular B move before I activate the Final Smash.
I can't actually think of a better use for that. I agree wholeheartedly. If anything, it really should be used to remove the restricted Neutral special thing that takes place.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I always thought they should make A+B used to activate your Final Smash. Something when I have Final Smash inside my character, I do want to use the regular B move before I activate the Final Smash.
Same here. A lot of times there are moments where I need or would like to rack up damage b4 busting out the Final smash and the neutral B button is required in such situations.

Shin F.

Smash Master

I agree completely. Sometimes when I get a Smash Ball, my opponent is already at high damage and I want to KO them and unleash it when they come back to try for a zero-to-death kill. Neutral B can useful for that with many characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Also, Mii's having customizable movesets seems pretty fishy.

Shulk could end up an AT though.
I agree that it would be a huge upset (understatement of the year) if Little Mac ended up being an AT but I wouldn't say it was completley out of the realm of possibility. I actually find this interesting because virtually every other "leaker" has put Little Mac on their respective lists as playable. As for Shulk, him being an AT is totally believable and that's probably going to be the case anyways.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I agree that it would be a huge upset (understatement of the year) if Little Mac ended up being an AT but I wouldn't say it was completley out of the realm of possibility. I actually find this interesting because virtually every other "leaker" has put Little Mac on their respective lists as playable. As for Shulk, him being an AT is totally believable and that's probably going to be the case anyways.
If Little Mac was an Assist Trophy, I would only be relieved that it would mean that the horrible rumor that Pacman is playable is false. However, if Little Mac AND Shulk are assist trophies, and Miis are as robust as he says, it spells terrible things for the roster. I'd imagine we won't even get 10 newcomers if that's the case.

Assist Trophy? Meh. Still better than being a meat shield or a certain character that's2big4smash

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's hope December passes without any of this guy's "leaks" coming true. Every false SSB4 leaker thus far has dated their leaks in the hopes of getting lucky and fallen short, so for Little Mac's sake, I'm hoping this guy meets the same fate.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Little Pac-Mii (NOT the Leaky 3, I despise that name) should hopefully come true. C'mon, VGX...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Why all the Pac Hate?

:( Makes me sad/
He's an uninteresting character and hasn't been in a relevant game since 1980. There are things that make Sonic and Megaman and they have unique abilities and a deep connection with Nintendo. Pac-Man doesn't have this and his signature ability, eating, is done by 4 characters already in Smash.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
As a huge little mac supporter I hope this new rumor is false.

Of course I'm not too worried, little mac supporters have the best leak on their side (as do pac man and mii supporters) the only leak that actually happened... and there is no reason to believe this guy yet, so i'll just wait it out and hope it doesn't start to hold any ground.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Shulk is Top 2? The main character from a niche game that was sold exclusively by the *******s at GameStop in the US?

Fu*k no.
I know, right? It certainly doesn't matter that both Europe and Japan had regular retail releases for the title nor that the game got a lot of publicity here thanks to Operation Rainfall, which convinced Nintendo of America to even give it a chance! Oh wait... :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Shulk isn't impossible, but he isn't incredibly likely either, he kind of falls in the middle. Personally not expecting him.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I know, right? It certainly doesn't matter that both Europe and Japan had regular retail releases for the title nor that the game got a lot of publicity here thanks to Operation Rainfall, which convinced Nintendo of America to even give it a chance! Oh wait... :p
How well did it sell? How recognizable is Shulk for the general audiences?

Not enough to be in the Top 2, that's how much.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

Personally, I'm not sure and I've never played it (too rare and expensive right now), so he is certainly not one of my top picks. I just wanted to point out that your reason was flawed, as it assumed that US sales are the only thing that matter regarding a character's likelihood. Sales in general is a much better argument.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

To answer your first question it did sell well enough that now is very rare to find a copy, at least in America (counting the whole continent).

How recognizable is the character? Well that one is hard to tell, I think it stands with Geno, Dillon, Isaac in that regard, here in America our Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Ridley and Little Mac, in Japan is another story he has a big following their Elite Four are Palutena, King K. Rool, Mega Man and Shulk.

.n_n.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To answer your first question it did sell well enough that now is very rare to find a copy, at least in America (counting the whole continent).
Don't have the game to express my opinion on Shulk but I plan to get that game at GameStop this week (they'll have it for $40 this Black Friday). But from what I've heard of the game, I'm having doubts on his chances (doesn't sound like a bad character either).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Shulk is probably the most recognizable character from an unrepresented series (with feasible characters) after Mii, Little Mac, Isaac, and Starfy in that order (not counting retros or third-parties). Remember that just because we know him well it doesn't mean the majority of people do, because other than Mii, and maybe Little Mac, all those characters are pretty niche. (Though the level of recognition doesn't necessarily reflect respective chances).

That doesn't mean it sold well, that means it was made in limited production. By that logic Mario games should be nearly impossible to find.

To answer the question, it didn't do great in NA in part due to exclusivity to Gamestop, very minimal official promotion, and limited production. In Japan it did fare better, but it still didn't do phenomenally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom