• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Considering that sakurai said the game is still under development, im sure no one knows the final roster. I think a leaker knowing about the veterans in the game rather than the newcomers is more likely. Just because it's easier to use the movesets and models they already have. They could still be tweaking newcomers. I think all the veterans would be finished up by now and set and stone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please don't get so worked up. This thread is for discussing rumors and leaks, and Sal's leak is both the only credible one and one of the few not only still alive but new.

Nobody wants an apology.

The incredible vagueness and safe nature of the "Pokemon from X & Y" guess is not something that can just be handwaved away. It's not consistent with the rest of the leaker's information or his MO. People absolutely should be asking questions.

I just can't give any credence to such a vague prediction when, as Fenrir observes, every Smash game has Pokemon from the most recent gen as playable. Leaks need specific guesses to be credible.
I'm not worked up, at this point I'm just surprised. The bolded line keeps being said, but I really think it doesn't mean what people think it means. It's totally consistent with his MO, and I'm not sure why you aren't seeing it. You don't know where he's getting his information, and, worst case, he either didn't have the time, or just didn't care enough to know the name. BECAUSE the direct was that day.

Why else would it show up for the first time that morning? His MO so far is to not give much info, and just names. If he doesn't know the name, "X&Y newcomer" which it obvious was, is better for him than "that frog thing with the blue and the pointy head and the tongue scarf." That's just not how he rolls.

But like I said, although the point of the thread should be to see which leaks seem true or false, and then moving on, this one keeps being discussed exactly the same way, with legitimate arguments passed over in favor of "He wasn't specific enough. Couldn't be that he predicted Greninja. Doesn't count." I mean honestly. It's going to keep going like this until the leak is proven true or false, which will likely not be until the final newcomer on it is shown or not.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok so why do leakers leak info? My opinion is to get attention and "watch the world burn".

I don't know how he apparently got the leak, but if he had a japanese name, he should have been able to translate it to get some idea of who it was (to avoid looking like a moron and it actually being a gen 5 pokemon).

If he got a picture or video or whatever... how hard would it have been to include an adjective or two to narrow it down? I'm thinking "Purple", "Ninja-like" "Scarf" "Frog" etc etc etc etc would have added a heck of a lot of credibility (which I would personally want if I were a leaker... this has also been exampled in past real leaks where the leaker wanted people to believe them)

"pokemon from x and y" gives him something like 70 chances to be right (more if you counted the mega evolutions, which I'm sure some people would have)... why not narrow it down if you wanted to be believed?

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Considering that sakurai said the game is still under development, im sure no one knows the final roster. I think a leaker knowing about the veterans in the game rather than the newcomers is more likely. Just because it's easier to use the movesets and models they already have. They could still be tweaking newcomers. I think all the veterans would be finished up by now and set and stone.
The game is coming out in two months, I'm sure almost all of the characters are done at this point, especially
Isn't it possible that, the leaker that said 'Pokémon from X and Y' simply isn't a Pokémon guy, thus maybe didn't know that Pokémon enough and just called it a 'XY Pokémon'?
with all of those reveals in the direct.
My thoughts exactly.

Oh, does this mean anything for the Mii. The game is coming out days before E3 and has a stage (among others) that represent the Mii's in the game already. I still feel like Sal's leak is shaping up quite nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I HOPE that leaker is fake......at least to an extent.

I do NOT want chorus men.......though everyone else is great........but missing krystal and few others but im fine with that.........espeiclaly if there are probably more.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ok so why do leakers leak info? My opinion is to get attention and "watch the world burn".

I don't know how he apparently got the leak, but if he had a japanese name, he should have been able to translate it to get some idea of who it was (to avoid looking like a moron and it actually being a gen 5 pokemon.

If he got a picture or video or whatever... how hard would it have been to include an adjective or two to narrow it down? I'm thinking "Purple", "Ninja-like" "Scarf" "Frog" etc etc etc etc would have added a heck of a lot of credibility (which I would personally want if I were a leaker... this has also been exampled in past real leaks where the leaker wanted people to believe them)

"pokemon from x and y" gives him something like 70 chances to be right (more if you counted the mega evolutions, which I'm sure some people would have)... why not narrow it down if you wanted to be believed?
Then why was the first time it showed up anywhere, the day of the direct Greninja was announced?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think since the initial E3 leak got Wii Fit Trainer, everyone felt confident that Mii would be in the game. The Find Mii stage picture + recent Direct footage of that stage BASICALLY confirmed it being in. Especially when you consider the Alfonzo part confirmation that stages change depending on which characters are active.

And given the amount of Metroid references that are in this Smash, especially compared to previous games, bodes well for another representative.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

I don't know how he apparently got the leak, but if he had a japanese name, he should have been able to translate it to get some idea of who it was (to avoid looking like a moron and it actually being a gen 5 pokemon.

Why be so under the impression that every leaker will be under the exact mindset as us? We don't know how he's getting his information, or how vague it is. "Animal Crossing Guy" suggest that it isn't per say, exact names. I still think that if this is real, he is getting these visually, or is playing a beta version of the game. It isn't impossible that he just doesn't play pokemon or is familiar with it, or again, isn't getting information the way we assume he is.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
So now considering that 6 of the 7 remaining "leaked chars" from salromano's source (Mii, Pac-man, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, and X/Y Pokemon) cast just about the widest possible net of which newcomer could be shown in this direct, and he BARELY rimmed it with Greninja... why exactly WOULDN'T we expect him to get at least one right?
I'm kind of inclined to agree with you here. I REALLY want to believe the leak, but the fact of the matter is that it's very open. Especially with this new information that may or may not even be from the same guy. It's vague enough to be open for interpretation, it combines a lot of the highest-requested and most likely characters into one big leak, and it makes it seem like if one is confirmed, they all are. The Wii Fit Trainer is the glue that holds it all together. If Marshal (who is probably the character being referred to as the "chorus man") from Rhythm Heaven is magically confirmed, I say it's safe to trust the leak. But until then, I'm staying skeptical. On the other hand, I do think it's probably easier to guess the name of the Wii Fit Trainer, who is specifically referred to as your trainer in Wii Fit, than "Villager" for the Animal Crossing player character.

The incredible vagueness and safe nature of the "Pokemon from X & Y" guess is not something that can just be handwaved away. It's not consistent with the rest of the leaker's information or his MO. People absolutely should be asking questions.
I agree with you completely. Far too many people are taking that detail for granted when it's incredibly vague. I would like to hear, however, some other possible ideas you may have had for an X/Y Pokémon that would make a good Smash character? Because I'm looking them over and I'm stumped. Does make you wonder why the leaker didn't say something like "ninja frog pokemon" if they didn't know his name though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Then why was the first time it showed up anywhere, the day of the direct Greninja was announced?
Not sure what you're saying here... I personally saw quite a few new Poke's brought up in wishlists and discussions... including Greninja, honestly.

Why be so under the impression that every leaker will be under the exact mindset as us? We don't know how he's getting his information, or how vague it is. "Animal Crossing Guy" suggest that it isn't per say, exact names. I still think that if this is real, he is getting these visually, or is playing a beta version of the game. It isn't impossible that he just doesn't play pokemon or is familiar with it, or again, isn't getting information the way we assume he is.
still... why leak info if you don't care if people believe it? He had to know that if a poke were shown, people would jump on him for that.

I'm ok with him not saying "Greninja" because truthfully, I don't know if I just spelled it right... however, I expect that if the leaker had ANY info about the reveal, an adjective or 2 would have been used to build credibility. Something simple like "purple" or "water" would completely dispel the arguments that people have here, and would require no knowledge of pokemon.

NOTE: the "well duh this character was revealed" argument that I'm leveraging against the 6 unrevealed characters from salromano's source is the same one that I used against the betternet leak... just because check marks keep appearing beside the listed things in a leak doesn't make it 100% true.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of inclined to agree with you here. I REALLY want to believe the leak, but the fact of the matter is that it's very open. Especially with this new information that may or may not even be from the same guy. It's vague enough to be open for interpretation, it combines a lot of the highest-requested and most likely characters into one big leak, and it makes it seem like if one is confirmed, they all are. The Wii Fit Trainer is the glue that holds it all together. If Marshal (who is probably the character being referred to as the "chorus man") from Rhythm Heaven is magically confirmed, I say it's safe to trust the leak. But until then, I'm staying skeptical. On the other hand, I do think it's probably easier to guess the name of the Wii Fit Trainer, who is specifically referred to as your trainer in Wii Fit, than "Villager" for the Animal Crossing player character.

I agree with you completely. Far too many people are taking that detail for granted when it's incredibly vague. I would like to hear, however, some other possible ideas you may have had for an X/Y Pokémon that would make a good Smash character? Because I'm looking them over and I'm stumped. Does make you wonder why the leaker didn't say something like "ninja frog pokemon" if they didn't know his name though.
That's a good point if he is seeing something visually. Who knows, honestly.
About Marshal, this inclines me even more to believe he's seeing these visually. Hypothetically, if this is real, who's to say that it actually is Marshal and not the Choir men? One could mistake one for the other very easily since they're apart of the same race and look the same from an aesthetic standpoint. It wouldn't be too surprising if Marshal had a moveset that was a big compilation of Rhythm Heaven itself or some of the choir men's aspects.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
I HOPE that leaker is fake......at least to an extent.

I do NOT want chorus men.......though everyone else is great........but missing krystal and few others but im fine with that.........espeiclaly if there are probably more.
If you still want Krystal over a new series representative, I have bad news for you. Not that I think Marshal is a particularly realistic or wonderful representative, but what do I know?

I'm ok with him not saying "Greninja" because truthfully, I don't know if I just spelled it right... however, I expect that if the leaker had ANY info about the reveal, an adjective or 2 would have been used to build credibility. Something simple like "purple" or "water" would completely dispel the arguments that people have here, and would require no knowledge of pokemon.
See, that's the problem with this leak. It's so horribly vague that we don't even know how the leaker received this information. We don't know if he even saw the game at all. This leak is still going strong because of its vagueness, and it's going to have a hard time being put down until one of these characters is specifically revealed to NOT show up, or the entire roster is revealed.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I think since the initial E3 leak got Wii Fit Trainer, everyone felt confident that Mii would be in the game. The Find Mii stage picture + recent Direct footage of that stage BASICALLY confirmed it being in. Especially when you consider the Alfonzo part confirmation that stages change depending on which characters are active.

And given the amount of Metroid references that are in this Smash, especially compared to previous games, bodes well for another representative.
Or they could be making up for lack of any other playable characters from metroid. And I'm concerned that the Find Mii's stage is a crown and not a generic icon for the Mii unless all of its moves will be pulled from Find Mii.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what you're saying here... I personally saw quite a few new Poke's brought up in wishlists and discussions... including Greninja, honestly.

still... why leak info if you don't care if people believe it? He had to know that if a poke were shown, people would jump on him for that.

A lot of time real leakers won't care if people believe them or not. They will put information out and that would be the end of it. I feel like if he was looking for attention he would have said something much sooner than the ND when people were actually crazy for him and when he was gandering attention. The emails he sends (from what we've read) don't even include any real information besides the newcomers. Signs point to the fact that he just doesn't care if people believe him, or he's simply not in the same mindset as us (people in a thread to thoroughly analyze and discuss leaks). He's following the same set up he did last year, which was leak characters right before a big announcement. Problems have came with each leak he's had. The first leak, all were not revealed at e3. This leak, was very vague on Pokemon.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
My main doubt with Mii, personally, is that Villager and some items seem to be stealing his possible moves...
Without the balloons or jetpack, I really have no idea what his upB would be, for example. This isn't a strict deconfirm of course, but I wonder why they would do that, when villager could have had a different move.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
My main doubt with Mii, personally, is that Villager and some items seem to be stealing his possible moves...
Without the balloons or jetpack, I really have no idea what his upB would be, for example. This isn't a strict deconfirm of course, but I wonder why they would do that, when villager could have had a different move.
People said the same thing for Little Mac. Don't doubt Sakurai. Many people have made moveset's for Mii as well, that don't include any of that stuff.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
People are still doubting Sal Romano? Wow. Get over yourselves. Animal Crossing Guy was already ruled 100% out by Sakurai, Wii Fit Trainer was guessed by literally no one on the entire internet and the day of the new Direct, Pokemon XY is leaked? Come on, get real. Stop being little babies and accept that his source has some credibility

All I see are kids writing HUGE posts just to tardy his credibility with outlandish arguments why his choices were "obvious and safe bets anyway." Do you realize how juvenile it sounds

Plus, the argument "He is just a good guesser" is a slipper slope anyway, since you could call pretty much all of these "leakers" good guessers if they manage to get one piece right, when none of them have and more than half are debunked by the Direct. Yet, the TC refuses to edit the OP probably because of an ego trip

Your Animal Crossing Guy point can be countered based on the fact that Sakurai is running out of characters to choose from (unless you honestly believe minor characters and generic enemies would make good characters) unless he really starts digging into the vault. He literally had no choice but to re-evaluate his view of the Villager.
That's irrelevant, missing the point and a poor counter-argument. Its also a big assumption that Sakurai was considering the idea in the first place and clearly Sal Romano would have had to also assume Sakurai changed his mind, which goes against actually making a prediction based on pre-existing facts. PLUS, it is more easy to predict that Sakurai would just include K.K. Slider or Tom Nook, both more recognizable Animal Crossing characters who were represented quite a bit last game, but Sal leaked ANIMAL CROSSING GUY = VILLAGER

Do YOU realize how juvenile it sounds to call everyone trying to disprove a leak a bunch of babies?
No, its something that I have to make people realize that they truly do sound like babies, when it all boils down to them being butthurt about Mii being playable and their character not making the cut

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
People are still doubting Sal Romano? Wow. Get over yourselves. Animal Crossing Guy was already ruled 100% out by Sakurai, Wii Fit Trainer was guessed by literally no one on the entire internet and the day off the new Direct, Pokemon XY is leaked? Come on, get real. Stop being little babies and accept that his source has some credibility
Your Animal Crossing Guy point can be countered based on the fact that Sakurai is running out of characters to choose from (unless you honestly believe minor characters and generic enemies would make good characters) unless he really starts digging into the vault. He literally had no choice but to re-evaluate his view of the Villager.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Considering how many people are raging about different characters being deconfirmed, I'd say Sakurai still has plenty of characters to chose from.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Double Post Warning Received
for all we know bayonetta can be in this game :p
the AC series is very successful though.........

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
People are still doubting Sal Romano? Wow. Get over yourselves. Animal Crossing Guy was already ruled 100% out by Sakurai, Wii Fit Trainer was guessed by literally no one on the entire internet and the day of the new Direct, Pokemon XY is leaked? Come on, get real. Stop being little babies and accept that his source has some credibility

All I see are kids writing HUGE posts just to tardy his credibility with outlandish arguments why his choices were "obvious and safe bets anyway." Do you realize how juvenile it sounds

Plus, the argument "He is just a good guesser" is a slipper slope anyway, since you could call pretty much all of these "leakers" good guessers if they manage to get one piece right, when none of them have and more than half are debunked by the Direct. Yet, the TC refuses to edit the OP probably because of an ego trip
Do YOU realize how juvenile it sounds to call everyone trying to disprove a leak a bunch of babies?

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
I made an account just to say that Sal is the real deal. So there.

but i really hope that miis aren't playable characters...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
People said the same thing for Little Mac. Don't doubt Sakurai. Many people have made moveset's for Mii as well, that don't include any of that stuff.
I'm more saying that Villager seems to be taking Mii's moveset as a replacement for Miis...
I don't think the boxing gloves ever were a concern for Mac's viability.

Lol troll more. healthy skepticism is a good thing, don't ya know.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This thread is about discussing rumors. The buzzkills are just as necessary as the "omg its super real guys" to keep this place running smoothly.

@swordbreaker but you were expecting Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and all the other announced new comers? Please, give us your expected roster if you are so in-tune with Sakurai. (Predicting after the fact isn't a hard thing to do.)

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Been a lot of posts...

1. Capt Falcon is guaranteed because he's the only flippin' rep for F-Zero (and he was in the original 12). Pictures of him mean nothing, IMO. At least show us Ganondorf with a sword.

2. My guess is that the Sal leak is correct because Chorus Men are just crappy enough that Sakurai would put them in and everything else is extremely likely anyway. Apologies for being somewhat bitter, but Ouendan was doing the rhythm thing on the DS before Rhythm Heaven (even the GBA version came out after Ouendan did). The fact that Ouendan/EBA aren't even getting an ASSIST trophy when their games are all about ASSISTING PEOPLE means there's not enough facepalm in the entire universe, but I digress.

3. I believe the Sal roster is correct despite disliking it. There has yet to be a character introduced since Melee that has convinced me to change mains and that's not likely to change anytime soon (maybe Little Mac, but I'm still leaning toward no). Thus, I'm not saying these things with any bias toward or against the roster.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman

That's irrelevant, missing the point and a poor counter-argument. Its also a big assumption that Sakurai was considering the idea in the first place and clearly Sal Romano would have had to also assume Sakurai changed his mind, which goes against actually making a prediction based on pre-existing facts. PLUS, it is more easy to predict that Sakurai would just include K.K. Slider or Tom Nook, both more recognizable Animal Crossing characters who were represented quite a bit last game, but Sal leaked ANIMAL CROSSING GUY = VILLAGER

No, its something that I have to make people realize that they truly do sound like babies, when it all boils down to them being butthurt about Mii being playable and their character not making the cut

This is an example of someone juvenile, in case you need to see it with your own eyes

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

You a tipper?

Guy's you have to watch the Tomodachi Direct. I feel like Mii is going to be in. I just need him to be revealed already to give Sal's leak more credibility. At least a little more so I won't be as skeptical. (That's ZSS and Toon Link if you can't tell)

I'm more saying that Villager seems to be taking Mii's moveset as a replacement for Miis...
I don't think the boxing gloves ever were a concern for Mac's viability.

It's fine, but one attack and a recovery isn't going to stop Mii's from going in. Leaning to off topic, so I digress.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Nintendo employee says there are hidden details in the DIrect. Mentions there might have been 4 more newcomers hinted at.

4 Trophies during the trophy quiz, that seemed random.... a little too random.

Tikki from Fire Emblem = Chrom/Lucina/whoever
Fi from Zelda = Ghirahim/Tingle
Pseudo Palutena from Kid Icarus = Palutena
That Metroid enemy = Ridley

COINCIDENCE?!

I dunno.

D

Deleted member

That's a good point if he is seeing something visually. Who knows, honestly.
About Marshal, this inclines me even more to believe he's seeing these visually. Hypothetically, if this is real, who's to say that it actually is Marshal and not the Choir men? One could mistake one for the other very easily since they're apart of the same race and look the same from an aesthetic standpoint. It wouldn't be too surprising if Marshal had a moveset that was a big compilation of Rhythm Heaven itself or some of the choir men's aspects.
The fact he's using the term Chorus Men as opposed to Chorus Man is a sign he's not talking about an individual like Marshal.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

well stop. because they are.
3 stages...........
tomadochi in the west......
we don't know exactly all of the customizations.......
we don't know the cross-platform thing yet...........
sal leak..........
other leaks.................

they were very likely from the start in my eyes :p

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

You still believe in the Sal Romano leak? Wow. Get over yourself. See? It works both ways. I don't mean to be rude to you towards your opinion, but you shouldn't be rude toward people who do not believe.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
You a tipper?

Guy's you have to watch the Tomodachi Direct. I feel like Mii is going to be in. I just need him to be revealed already to give Sal's leak more credibility. At least a little more so I won't be as skeptical. (That's ZSS and Toon Link if you can't tell)

It's fine, but one attack and a recovery isn't going to stop Mii's from going in. Leaning to off topic, so I digress.

A Mii being revealed would not give it any more credibility since most people seem to be predicting a Mii. You'd get almost as much bonus credibility for "predicting" Mario. (slight exaggeration ;p)

The predictions that give more credibility are the oddball ones like Wii Fit Trainer which most people didn't see coming.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The fact he's using the term Chorus Men as opposed to Chorus Man is a sign he's not talking about an individual like Marshal.
Ah, that's true. How would that even work if he is seeing them visually? Oh well.

A Mii being revealed would not give it any more credibility since most people seem to be predicting a Mii. You'd get almost as much bonus credibility for "predicting" Mario. (slight exaggeration ;p)

The predictions that give more credibility are the oddball ones like Wii Fit Trainer which most people didn't see coming.
People are all waiting for Chorus Men for the real credibility. Personally, it would make it more credible for me alone, only because he was listed among the other characters including Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
With leaks [or anything for that matter] you can't really go hypothetical at all. When something is wrong, you have to say it is debunked until further info released. By now you can't say that he might have been mistaken or he could have not known the name. You have to stick to the facts.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
With leaks [or anything for that matter] you can't really go hypothetical at all. When something is wrong, you have to say it is debunked until further info released. By now you can't say that he might have been mistaken or he could have not known the name. You have to stick to the facts.
Incorrect. I've already said this and I'll say it again. Obviously, this leak is not like other leaks, and should be treated differently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom