• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Yeah, unless it's a Toon Link/Alfonzo deal. I think we need to consider him to be deconfirmed, even if it's not 100%.

Speaking of the Toon Link/Alfonzo deal... Did anyone else notice this?

The cage has a Mii in it...

The cage is empty... Hmmm...
The monster ate the Mii. Obviously :troll:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
3. Going off of that, stages in Smash Bros. tend to be unique in their own way. Wily's Castle gimmick appears to be Yellow Devil himself, and the idea of the stage is to "beat Yellow Devil" and get the bonus explosion. If multiple stages were to have similar boss battles, Wily's Castle would lose a lot of its uniqueness, which doesn't strike me as very likely. Also, I don't think Ridley would explode, so killing him would do basically nothing, meaning he probably isn't a "stage boss," but he might be a "stage hazard." However, refer to point 2 above and point 4 below as to why I think this isn't the case.

4. It makes absolutely no sense from a gameplay perspective how a stage background would pick a character up (Pikachu). The player would be punished and unable to play for a short duration, which is horrible gameplay design. Say what you will about tripping, but it didn't actively prevent a player from playing for 5 seconds. This would basically be free hits, which makes for a horrible stage hazard in and of itself.
On the other hand, both Ridley and Yellow Devil are known for having specific weak points. And Ridley picking the player up, could be a chance to target that weak point, assuming it's his mouth like in Other M. I don't know what the reward would be, I can't remember him consistently giving a specific reward in the games.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I didn't mean newcomers, no. And I was including Mewtwo there, who is much more important an inclusion than both Squirtle and Ivysaur. Reuben Langdon's interview may count for something but I'm not putting any chips on it at this point. We might know at E3, but we'll see.
At this point I don't feel like Mewtwo is a given anymore. Greninja was kind of out of left field for me even though I at one time speculated that he may make it as a solo character.

Sakurai is hard to predict lol.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
For various reasons, I still Believe Ridley is quite possible, especiallt after what Nintendo said, and some things shown in the Direct. But, this isn't the Place, so let's go back on topic. ^^

Those Faptain Falcon Pictures I saw on the last pages, someone said they were confirmed fake? Is that true?

EDIT: lol, Faptain Falcon. So good, I will let it stay.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Question.... About the Ridley thing. IS the Shadow flapping at 30FPS or 60FPS? Won't that answer solve all our problems?
That 30 fps thing was only for the 3DS, I believe, because it's a less powerful system.

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is anything of importance but did anyone else notice that all of the trophies in the "Trophy Quiz" were all similar in colors? Possible hint?

Attachments

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
Does Tiki really count as purple, though?
I would say they're all a different shade of purple with a different shade of green. The chances that there's that many Nintendo characters with the EXACT same color palette seems unlikely. But they all seemed similar enough. Idk I'm probably just looking too much into this.

P.S. I love Teen Girl Squad!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Nintendo did say we apparantly 'misses' some things in the Direct. And this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107586344&postcount=20
Could very possibly be true. I won't try to get into any arguments with Ridley, but I will certanly say that he is still very possible. ^^
As to the Ridley shadow, it could be many things. Ridley as a hazard, working like Alfonzo and will be replaced with Another Ridley when Other M Ridley is playable on that stage. It may be something created just to mess with us, as the Ridley shadow DID seem kinda jaggy in it's movements. Or the playable Ridley could simply be one of them ore popular Ridley designs.

Either way, I will have hope for now. And... this Counts as 'rumors', right? If not, sorry. D:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
That Falcon "leak" is just so fake.
I took that photo of Heavy in P:M with my phone and it was pretty decent, the quality of those pics are just godawful. I can only imagine that the person must still use their phone from the late 90s if this was real. Has to be fake, the poor effort in getting a decent looking image must have been on purpose.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why are people talking about Ridley here when there is a thread dedicated to him? I came here to read rumors.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I think you noticed it already, but there really is a bunch of leaks that have been proven unreliable with the recent direct.

Betternet Roster Leak
-> Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are no longer switchable characters

Neoseeker Leak #1 (1/15/14)
-> Tom Nook is no assist Trophy. He's part of Villager's Final Smash

NotSakurai Leak (1/3/14)
-> Melee Stages have returned (DK Stage on 3DS)

E. Gadd Leak (1/28/14) (Maybe)

-> Kamek on his broom was seen as an regular enemy in the 3DS's Smash Run Mode, but could though be an assist.

-> Midna uses not simply dark magic but her "arm thingy"

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I think you noticed it already, but there really is a bunch of leaks that have been proven unreliable with the recent direct.

Betternet Roster Leak
-> Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are no longer switchable characters

Neoseeker Leak #1 (1/15/14)
-> Tom Nook is no assist Trophy. He's part of Villager's Final Smash

NotSakurai Leak (1/3/14)
-> Melee Stages have returned (DK Stage on 3DS)

-> Kamek on his broom was seen as an regular enemy in the 3DS's Smash Run Mode, but could though be an assist.

only to be replaced by a worse one that more then likely true

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491

Worth noting, Hammer Bros. was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but was also an enemy in Subspace Emissary, so the Kamek thing isn't disproven.

However, Midna didn't have Wolf Link, and she didn't use dark magic. So I'd say that kind of kills that part.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
So, as long as this isn't considered off-topic and I somehow missed that, I'd to take this thread like 4 pages back (sorry lol).

In regards to this Freezie picture:

Whoever saw the faces in this, don't feel discouraged by the people comparing this to the "characters in the clouds" thing during Brawl's development. There is definitely some kind of "face" or something being reflected in it. You can actually see it reflected in two places on the Freezie. However, don't get too excited. It appears to simply be a reflection of Toon Link's face, if you ask me. I quickly and roughly traced over the two spots you can see the reflection to show you what I'm talking about. Keep in mind that the one on the right is REALLY wonky, due to the two sharply angled sides of the Freezie the reflection is split between. Also probably due to my artistic ability, but shh.

ANYWAY. Back to the present.

Ugh, I've always hated that one. I'm hating it more now because technically, nothing was disproven.

1) That's actually a generic Magikoopa and not Kamek, so it's possible he could show up as an Assist Trophy, perhaps?
And
2) As Moldy Clay mentioned, Midna shows up without Wolf Link, but that's iffy too, because of the wording in the leak. It's unclear if they're supposed to be separate Assists or function together. Most likely the latter, though. Midna doesn't appear to use any "dark energy" attacks, though.

And as has been said time and time again: Luigi's final smash. It makes E. Gadd less likely than he was to begin with. Ugh, I am really ready to axe that rumor off the list.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Speaking of Hammer Bro, he appears in that Run Mode. :)

Also, neat, lots of leaks breaking, hehe. I hope there's still some reliable ones left.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Wait, Timmy and Tommy (and Nook) are all in Villager's Final Smash. But... you see Timmy/Tommy in the background of the AC stage. D:

Alfono!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Some people here automatically dismiss all leaks, and rage hard to disprove or discredit leaks that aren't easily debunked (and write them off once they can't be debunked, like the current Sal rumor). It's not a terrible stance to take, as 99% (and perhaps 100% of what we've seen) of leaks are fake, but looking back at what happened during Brawl.... some of you are going to be eating some crow eventually.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Sal new comer roster isn't THAT bad, it's just missing a few key characters. Honestly, these are the newcomers according to the leak:

· Little Mac
· Villager
· MegaMan
· Shulk
· Palutena
· Chrom
· Rosalina
· Wii Fit Trainer
· Pac-Man
· Mii
· Chorus Men
· Greninja

I've highlighted the ones I actually wanted before the game was announced. Six out of twelve, not all that bad.

If the newcomers ended up being:
· Little Mac
· Villager
· MegaMan
· Shulk
· Palutena
· Chrom
· Rosalina
· Wii Fit Trainer
· Pac-Man
· Mii
· Chorus Men
· Greninja

and then

· King K. Rool
· Takamaru

Would people still have a problem with the leaked newcomers then?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously hoping chorus men is wrong, there is no history behind this character like Game and Watch or R.O.B. and I would feel bad for people supporting characters with a stronger fanbase having their characters tossed aside for development on this stuff. This is the kind of crap that the AT mechanic should be going towards. Even the release of Rhythm Heaven before Xenoblade during the Wii era was enough to piss most people off. What on earth makes them think a majority of people will appreciate a Rhythm Heaven character?

The Sal new comer roster isn't THAT bad, it's just missing a few key characters. Honestly, these are the newcomers according to the leak:

· Little Mac
· Villager
· MegaMan
· Shulk
· Palutena
· Chrom
· Rosalina
· Wii Fit Trainer
· Pac-Man
· Mii
· Chorus Men
· Greninja

I've highlighted the ones I actually wanted before the game was announced. Six out of twelve, not all that bad.

If the newcomers ended up being:
· Little Mac
· Villager
· MegaMan
· Shulk
· Palutena
· Chrom
· Rosalina
· Wii Fit Trainer
· Pac-Man
· Mii
· Chorus Men
· Greninja

and then

· King K. Rool
· Takamaru

Would people still have a problem with the leaked newcomers then?
What is the consensus on the MK8 leaker, is he wrong, lucky guess?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom