• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Since that nintendo employee said that we missed something... I think it was just the palutena hints... "Veteran fighters" pit doll; that psuedo-palutena; pit getting 4 clips in credits while everyone has 2... Maybe its just me but I think palutena's next

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ok new screenshot rumor

From a new guy ragna22

Captain falcon shots

Doesn't matter if fake he's locked due to gorah being a assist trophy again
There's that "locked" again.
Was Villager locked for Brawl because Resetti was an AT?

If anything helps the Captain's chances, it's the fact he was in the original 12.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
There's that "locked" again.
Was Villager locked for Brawl because Resetti was an AT?

If anything helps the Captain's chances, it's the fact he was in the original 12.
Villager still appeared in the game as a stage element. Captain Falcon will appear in the game in some way. You can't have a side character, without having the main character appear somewhere in the game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not doubting you, but what are you referring to? Did he say something about this?
On the Dojo, they only have one page, while Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS have separate pages.
He did talk about it. The number he used to list the total characters in the game included the three Pokemon bundled with PT as seperate characters.
Ask someone else for a source, though. I can't be bothered to look it up.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So.. are Miis really that likely? I guess I can see why Nintendo would push to include them, but the Find Mii stage uses a crown Icon, which for sure won't be the Mii's icon. It also has a Mii character on it. (Yes, I know that didn't mean anything for Toon Link). I find them difficult to believe also because of balancing, with different body shapes, although I suppose they could restrict the height/weight of the Mii to a generic one, but that defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it? Although I have full faith in the development team to make it work regardless.
I agree. Either Miis are restricted in height and weight and have default moves, or, are completely custom characters. Make your character and store them, and you can transfer them from 3DS to Wii U. I think Soul Calibur has something similar, and I can see this being the case.
Ok new screenshot rumor

From a new guy ragna22

Captain falcon shots

Doesn't matter if fake he's locked due to gorah being a assist trophy again
I think it does matter if it's legit, so we can ask him to show us other characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Villager still appeared in the game as a stage element. Captain Falcon will appear in the game in some way. You can't have a side character, without having the main character appear somewhere in the game.
You are right. Captain Falcon Assist Trophy confirmed. :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think he was referring to Captain Falcon being anything but a playable character.
But if you insist on his wording including things that aren't just playable characters...

Diskun was locked for melee :troll:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Im not counting on that just yet. I think that we might see someone more unexpected, because thats just the way Sakurai has played the game so far.
I really hope you're right. Knowing Sakurai.........eh he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't think he was referring to Captain Falcon being anything but a playable character.
But if you insist on his wording including things that aren't just playable characters...

Diskun was locked for melee :troll:

No I know he meant playable, I was just saying that in cases like Villager in brawl, the main character will appear if a side character does.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
People are still expecting Mewtwo after Greninja? How, and why?
I think mewtwo is a guarantee since sakurai teased him in the greenninja trailer he be a total **** if he did that and did not iinclude him( well I geuss he did that to ridlrey fans :( )

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I think mewtwo is a guarantee since sakurai teased him in the greenninja trailer he be a total **** if he did that and did not iinclude him( well I geuss he did that to ridlrey fans :( )
Wait did I miss something? How was Mewtwo teased in the Greninja trailer? Is it just because he didn't make an appearance?

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Wait did I miss something? How was Mewtwo teased in the Greninja trailer? Is it just because he didn't make an appearance?
Metwo was not teased in the trailer. I think Metwo have a chance, since not even appears as PokéBall Pokémon

I'm still holding out a little hope for a playable Mewtwo. When Sakurai did that cute Mega Evolution gesture and said they had player expectations to fulfill, my first thought went to Mewtwo and his Mega Evolutions appearing. So much of the Smash community wants and expects him back, I can't see any reason for him not to do it!

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I had to laugh at the "Captain Falcon isn't a lock" comments because he is locked, hell Sakurai accidentally leaked him in an interview + Goroh is an assist trophy.

Also, anyone else think that June 24th rumored release date is true? Because that matches fine with the release window :D

Also, anyone not explicitly shown or stated to be something is never deconfirmed. Ridley, Mewtwo etc aren't deconfirmed, it's in Sakurai's nature to troll lol.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I'm the only one who thinks that will be diferents Megaevolutions in the 3DS version and Wii U version

Last edited:

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What Im thinking about right now is that how can you guys get worried and think mewtwo's chances are low? (Not all of you, just some) I mean, its true that sakurai is a pure troll, but isnt it obvious that mewtwo's chance of getting in are like 90%? I dont have any evidence, its just that feeling you know

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Is there anything that can confirm Falcon is real and/or fake?

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh and about that pic, I think its obvious that's brawl, prob pm with a bit of texture changes

Edit: plus he isnt showing them on any platforms because, most likely, he doesnt want us to know that its just pm's stage

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Also, anyone else think that June 24th rumored release date is true? Because that matches fine with the release window :D
If they knew their release date, we'd probably know by now. Does Nintendo no good withholding the date if they know it for sure. There isn't a release date yet because they are still tweaking the game.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Especially with the introduction of the Masterball item you'd expect to see Mewtwo as one of those legendaries if he isn't playable, the trailer seemingly showed every pokeball pkmn in ssb4 so the lack of Mewtwo there kinda ups his chances. I don't feel like Greninja's reveal hurt its chances at all since he's quite a different than Mewtwo and the seemingly cut Ivysaur and Squirtle leaves space for two new pokes to be playable, one for Greninja and one for a possible Mewtwo. The interest in mega-evolution in the smash direct also improves Mewtwo's chances imo.

4 pokes are confirmed, so with the expectation of 6 in the game (like Brawl had) the most likely scenario is that the last 2 are Jigglypuff (as a smash original) and Mewtwo (most requested veteran). Of course this is all speculation, but to people that say that Greninja killed Mewtwo's chances I can only shake my head.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Especially with the introduction of the Masterball item you'd expect to see Mewtwo as one of those legendaries if he isn't playable, the trailer seemingly showed every pokeball pkmn in ssb4 so the lack of Mewtwo there kinda ups his chances. I don't feel like Greninja's reveal hurt its chances at all since he's quite a different than Mewtwo and the seemingly cut Ivysaur and Squirtle leaves space for two new pokes to be playable, one for Greninja and one for a possible Mewtwo. The interest in mega-evolution in the smash direct also improves Mewtwo's chances imo.

4 pokes are confirmed, so with the expectation of 6 in the game (like Brawl had) the most likely scenario is that the last 2 are Jigglypuff (as a smash original) and Mewtwo (most requested veteran). Of course this is all speculation, but to people that say that Greninja killed Mewtwo's chances I can only shake my head.
Here's the thing:
Sakurai did't say anything about Mewtwo so... he's hiding Mewtwo (Maybe for something more important)...
For me:
60% chances for Mewtwo

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh wait, those pics were already debunked .-. Why did you post them here

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
If Pac-man is in the game at all, I doubt he will be the next newcomer released.
Probably someone who is first-party Nintendo is more likely :laugh:.
I agree. I fully expect Pac-Man in the game now, but I think they're saving him for E3. I believe we'll get a couple veteran reveals before then.

Also, those Falcon pictures look fantastic! I'm pretty certain he'll be in the game, but these pics look different and new. A much more vivid and bright Captain Falcon. :D

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Am I the only one that watched the trailer before grenninja was revealed, it was obv we were supposed to think mewtwo with the aura sphere thing.

also I don't necessary believe this but I guess he could have watched the direct

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I fully expect Pac-Man in the game now, but I think they're saving him for E3. I believe we'll get a couple veteran reveals before then.

Also, those Falcon pictures look fantastic! I'm pretty certain he'll be in the game, but these pics look different and new. A much more vivid and bright Captain Falcon. :D
But obviously that Nintendo saved the best for E3. (Mewtwo? Pac-Man?)

EDIT: 61% of Chances for Mewtwo. Mewtwo is very very very requested (based on Megaman).

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I have to admit, I thought it was Mewtwo as well, but only because of the hype.

I still think Mewtwo and Ridley are gonna get in the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom