• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I think it's just Villager, really distorted

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Exactly. Someone mentioned that he is very vague with names sometimes. He's called Villager "Animal Crossing Guy", and Greninja was referred to as "Pkmn from X and Y". I think this guys not a gamer, not familiar with some characters, or is seeing these characters visually.

I'm kidding if you guys can't tell. :laugh:
In all seriousness, we might just be looking in to some things way too much. The hype gets to some of us.
Looks like the freezie is just transparent and wily castle showing thru

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Soo... we decided that the Mario Kart guy rumor (48 characters, 4 cuts), is untrue, right? Or at the very least really questionable because he got information wrong somewhere? Can someone clarify?

Ok so about the MK8 leak SUPPOSEDLY the leaker was an administrator on the site and so was more credible then some random "i made this account to leak stuff person"

they said they were getting info from a friend who said smash had 48 spots and 4 cuts.

the MK8 leaker was "wrong" because they said "inside drifting was being tweaked", and I guess Mario Kart 8 doesn't have inside drift at all.

thats my understand of the Mario Kart, 48 spots 4 cuts leak. if im off here someone who followed it closer please clear this up.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
If we're going to play the "whose picture is in the ice game," then I might as well go all out here.

I see Toon Link's face on the left of the Freezie's eye (cartoon-shaped eye, distorted hair flip in front, outline of his cap). Check out the pictures enhanced, you can clearly see a Toon-ish figure on the left side.

Though I don't see how the face could get there though. That extra dimension doesn't exist in smash...there's no situation in which a character would be staring at the front of the freezie item.

Attachments

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I think it's just Villager, really distorted

Edit: Ninja'd
That would make sense, actually, but wouldn't we see a little bit of red in the picture, from the Villager's shirt? Here, look at the Ice Climbers from Brawl:

Maybe...it's a Chorus Man instead? Maybe I'm over speculating, but its a thought.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Got this f****ing thread plus the Ridley one gave me a head ache just reading these comments. I think I am done with this thread for a month or two lol. We all know that the final roster will be something no one really expects or predicted. We need something like the sonic cycle called the smash cycle rumor/leak edition.

Shroob

Sup?
I hope this guy's just been getting lucky. The leak sucks. There's so many new series being repped and hardly anyone is getting new additions.
Is that a bad thing? Didn't Sakurai bemoan that there weren't a lot of new Nintendo IPs back during Brawl's All Star Mode?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Here's the gematsu leak:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

basically the guy who leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii (Sal Romano was his name on some forum) leaked Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus men, and "a pokemon from x and y" RIGHT before the direct yesterday...well we got an x and y pokemon, Greninja.

so due to his past credibility PLUS "sort of" predicting greninja, the liklihood this leaker is real is very high.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Here's the gematsu leak:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

basically the guy who leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii (Sal Romano was his name on some forum) leaked Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus men, and "a pokemon from x and y" RIGHT before the direct yesterday...well we got an x and y pokemon, Greninja.

so due to his past credibility PLUS "sort of" predicting greninja, the liklihood this leaker is real is very high.
I see... but everyone is all "he didnt mention Rosalina so there must be other ones he missed too." Of course!

Didn't people find a way to disprove the E3 leaker a really long time ago?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is that a bad thing? Didn't Sakurai bemoan that there weren't a lot of new Nintendo IPs back during Brawl's All Star Mode?
It is a good thing, representing more franchises, but if it's at the expense of a popular series growing... I don't know. Perhaps if it were more balanced. It's not an awful roster, quite creative, but it could be pushed further.

Shroob

Sup?
I see... but everyone is all "he didnt mention Rosalina so there must be other ones he missed too." Of course!

The E3 leak was 'disproven' because Mac, Miis and Pac weren't shown at E3..... Cue a year later and Mac has been revealed, Miis are likely, and there's Namco items in the game, meaning Pac is likely too.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Yeah, he said we'd see six and we saw three. Two of which we still haven't seen. There were miis in the latest direct too. I don't know about it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

the "proof" was that only 3 of the 6 he predicted were shown at e3 tho he said they ALL would be shown.

but then we got little mac.... and pacman and mii still seem super likely. the leaker even said he wasnt positive about them all being revealed he just assumed they would be because those were the characters he was told were "at E3".

and now he "sort of" just predicted greninja when very few people though a pokemon from X and Y was likely at all. so yeah hes probably legit at this point.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
For Chorus Men... a liitle history
"Chorus Men" or Chorus White Men (in the soundtrack)
Chrous Men appears in Night Walk from Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) and Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)
In Glee Club
And Munchy Monk (Wii)

So I think the leak is true

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It is a good thing, representing more franchises, but if it's at the expense of a popular series growing... I don't know. Perhaps if it were more balanced. It's not an awful roster, quite creative, but it could be pushed further.
Who gives a damn about already repped franchises? They have the basic set of fans already.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I don't see why Pokemon can't have 6 reps, especially when Mario and Zelda also have characters that could be added to even it out.

Where did this idea come from that series have these arbitrary limits that can be predicted indefinitely? Sakurai is going to add who he wants, and your "limits" don't mean anything in the long run.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just moreso a general statement.
THANK YOU! The idea of roster 'slots' was re***ded from the beginning. Why would there be arbitrary limits to the amount of characters from certain series? Because there was a pattern between the games? Bah.

Sakurai (and Nintendo) put in what they want. End of story. If Pokemon get's 10 reps or more, so be it. If Mario get's 9? Big deal. Just because you think it's sketchy, doesn't mean it is.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
They had 6 reps in Brawl. People simply don't seem to know how to count. Pokemon Trainer = 3 even to Sakurai.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Now lets say the game comes out and Pokemon does in fact have 6 reps while Mario only has 5. Well...then I'd just have to sing your name from the roof tops as your logic would have clearly bested my own.
Let's make it a two-part harmony. ;) TheFirstPoppyBro by the Smashboards Chorus Kids.
Have there been any leaks with Bayonetta in them?
Yes, but so far all have been debunked. Right now her chances are looking to be extremely slim.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Let's make it a two-part harmony. ;) TheFirstPoppyBro by the Smashboards Chorus Kids.

Yes, but so far all have been debunked. Right now her chances are looking to be extremely slim.
Darn. I wanted to see a Bayonetta Kirby.

Touma

Smash Rookie
Why is the Chrom leak and Betternet leak still in the 'live leaks'? Chrom was admitted fake by it's created and the addition of Greninja has blown Betternet away.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Why is the Chrom leak and Betternet leak still in the 'live leaks'? Chrom was admitted fake by it's created and the addition of Greninja has blown Betternet away.
Our Dear Leaders are extremely busy and incredibly fickle.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The E3 leak was 'disproven' because Mac, Miis and Pac weren't shown at E3..... Cue a year later and Mac has been revealed, Miis are likely, and there's Namco items in the game, meaning Pac is likely too.
Yeah, he said we'd see six and we saw three. Two of which we still haven't seen. There were miis in the latest direct too. I don't know about it.
So.. are Miis really that likely? I guess I can see why Nintendo would push to include them, but the Find Mii stage uses a crown Icon, which for sure won't be the Mii's icon. It also has a Mii character on it. (Yes, I know that didn't mean anything for Toon Link). I find them difficult to believe also because of balancing, with different body shapes, although I suppose they could restrict the height/weight of the Mii to a generic one, but that defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it? Although I have full faith in the development team to make it work regardless.

Otherwise, why do people believe this rumor? Because they got the original 3 right? Little Mac wasn't hard to guess, possibly "Animal Crossing guy" and Megaman.. but Wii Fit Trainer does kinda put seal the deal. I could get behind Shulk being in though.

I fear that people are too quick to accept this though simply because of the lack of belief everyone had for the Brawl roster leak, but it is fairly convincing.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Its kinda hard to say that when this is a nintendo fighting game featuring nintendo's All Star's.

I guess Greninja pissed on that already.....
How do people feel about his inclusion in general?

Deserving?
Yes.
I have yet to see a good reason why he isn't.

EDIT: Let me clarify. I see people saying he's a bad addition and he didn't "deserve" the spot, but nobody has given me a reason other than "the new Pokemon sucks, I want Mewtwo". Which is a really sad excuse, mind you.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So.. are Miis really that likely? I guess I can see why Nintendo would push to include them, but the Find Mii stage uses a crown Icon, which for sure won't be the Mii's icon. It also has a Mii character on it. (Yes, I know that didn't mean anything for Toon Link). I find them difficult to believe also because of balancing, with different body shapes, although I suppose they could restrict the height/weight of the Mii to a generic one, but that defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it? Although I have full faith in the development team to make it work regardless.

Otherwise, why do people believe this rumor? Because they got the original 3 right? Little Mac wasn't hard to guess, possibly "Animal Crossing guy" and Megaman.. but Wii Fit Trainer does kinda put seal the deal. I could get behind Shulk being in though.

I fear that people are too quick to accept this though simply because of the lack of belief everyone had for the Brawl roster leak, but it is fairly convincing.
this leaks gone through TONS of scrutiny since last E3...this is not "too quick to accept" at this point. Too many things going for this one to write it off, its leaning far more towards real than fake.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Im surprised at the lack of Rumors. I guess people stopped getting bold, or they know that Sakurai is way too unpredictable. That being said, I wonder who the next newcomer is....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Who gives a damn about already repped franchises? They have the basic set of fans already.
A lot of people "give a damn," because those franchises typically have characters they care about. Representing new franchises is always a good thing and I'm glad we're getting more of that, but that doesn't mean that the current ones can't get some love either when the characters they offer are also really good choices.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok new screenshot rumor

From a new guy ragna22

Captain falcon shots

Doesn't matter if fake he's locked due to gorah being a assist trophy again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom