• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I was doing an analysis on the direct, when I found this when looking at the footage frame by frame. Take a look here.

I don't think Ridley is white guys.

Well his tail matches up here... I know nothing about the Metroid series, but this seems to be Ridley's "Other M" design, which is where the Pyrosphere and Samus' design are pulled from

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Bear in mind that I haven't wanted this, but I honestly believe now that Ridley is playable.

The shadow was too tricky.. Why not just say it? I mean, they blatantly deconfirmed a dozen other chars..

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Incredible, the Palutena leak survives even this massacre.
I knew that leak was "real" once the photoshopper experts couldn't nix it. On top of that, we knew so little of the Battlefield's background.

So far, that's the only 100% true legit leak for Smash 4. Everything else is half-truths or just straight out wrong.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
yea but the move with the boxing gloves doesn't directly reference Punch-Out like Balloon Trip recovery does, also: what else other than float about is Balloon Fighter known for? Mac is at least an actual boxer
Ok, fair enough.

Shadow is not going to be playable. I will cut off my balls, eat them on camera, and post the video here if he is. Balloon fighter is highly unlikely too, Sakurai has said previously that he has no idea how to make him functional without the balloons, and Villager already stole his only gimmick. Everybody else, sure. And if NOT appearing as an assist trophy is enough to confirm Isaac, it's worth mentioning that Tingle didn't appear either and Zelda already has two assists...
I guess but as stated before while very unlikely, second 3rd party reps aren't to impossible. As for balloon fighter, ok, nice to see hi get homage though. I have a feeling that the retro is mac rider but that's just me. Also tingle isn't impossible as a new zelda rep, i would much rather have girihiam though.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Okay, good show then. Unfortunately this is leaning to an disconfirmation. Although, Sakurai not showing him is quite bizarre. I reserve judgement until we know for certain.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I really think Issac has a bigger shot now. I mean, using the Tingle wasn't there argument isn't really valid. Issac in the only representation of his series. He wasn't shown, and his series wasn't shown or mentioned. That's why its a little bit bigger of a deal, as opposed to Tingle/Shadow

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
But Shadow is 3rd party and Helirin never had a chance of being playable. Also...please don't kill my hype...please
That's why I used them as examples. Just because someone was an assist trophy in Brawl and hasn't been revealed yet means nothing

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Glad you posted this. Kind of wanted to tackle it.

I have been a big proponent of the leak was fake. I have to give credit where credit is due. He did get Greninja right (sort of). He also actually posted this as a leak rather than saying "I'm making this prediction on a message board. OH LOOK GUYS. I'M RIGHT." This gives it some legitimacy. However, one problem was that all the other characters were very specific except the Pokemon was was "Pokemon from X and Y." That could have been any Pokemon. As X and Y are the new game, you're basically saying "A New Pokemon character will be added." So this is a little suspicious. He was specific when it came to the other characters, or at least he actually described the character that would be in "Chorus Boy, Animal Crossing Boy." But here he isn't. There is also the fact the characters were still not at E3 and the potential Mii stages are different series and were shown before the character.

It might be real, but, as always, take it with a grain of salt.
Whoah. This one is crazy. He sort of did get Greninja right... but we'll have to see. He did get more right then "wrong" and he hasn't been shot down in stone either, aside from reveal dates and what not. But as much as I might believe this guy... Chorus Boy? What? I had to look that one up. There'd be too much grief if that was true. And predicting Platuena isn't too hard with all the evidence we've gotten and the leak about her before this guy spoke up again.

But who knows? I'll remember this one for the future... and he's right for sure if Chorus Boy makes it in. That's even a bigger prediction then getting WFT right.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Whoah. This one is crazy. He sort of did get Greninja right... but we'll have to see. He did get more right then "wrong" and he hasn't been shot down in stone either, aside from reveal dates and what not. But as much as I might believe this guy... Chorus Boy? What? I had to look that one up. There'd be too much grief if that was true. And predicting Platuena isn't too hard with all the evidence we've gotten and the leak about her before this guy spoke up again.

But who knows? I'll remember this one for the future... and he's right for sure if Chorus Boy makes it in. That's even a bigger prediction then getting WFT right.
Speak for yourself. There's a small but definitely present group of people here that are looking forward to Rhythm Heaven representation in Smash. I think it's a bit more expected in that sense than WFT ever was.

Sakurai loves to tease. The glimpse at the Ridley clone, the Palutena trophy fake-out, and that brief moment where he told us Zero Suit Samus was "not participating."

Since the ZSS example ended with relief, I hope the others do, too.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

It's hard to disprove (definatly, I mean), because you either have to wait till the game comes out or have one of the characters he predicted be deconfirmed. Mii and Pac-Man are hard to do that for because they are either in or not.

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet
Dedede only uses gordos now so does that boost bandana dees chances while generic waddle dees are in that new 3ds mode?

Dedede only uses gordos now so does that boost bandana dees chances while generic waddle dees are in that new 3ds mode?
That change was likely to free up memory, so the game won't have to load Waddle Dee and Doo data every time someone spams that move. I would say it doesn't affect the Bandana Dee's chances either way.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
And once again, the only leak that hasn't been killed is classified as dead on our front page (SAL)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sooo tons of leaks destroyed by Greninja.

I have to totally revamp my roster predictions but I'm more optimistic about the overall roster more than ever (ridley deconfirmed or not...im still not entirely convinced since we were "teased" by a shadow instead of shown outright and of course toon link showed stage hazards can become playable... but I dont want to get into that argument).

Gematsu rumor DID just call "pokemon from x and y" (i know its vague but few people thought we were getting an x and y rep beyond mega forms) and given that Gematsu's source is also the one who "called" Wii fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, AND Little Mac so far (Pac-Man and Mii as well but we haven't seen them yet).

If you combine the "leaky three" with Gematsu's new "leak" we are supposedly getting:

Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Chorus Men
Pacman
Mii

GematsuRoster.png

Is this our final roster?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...

It was Greninja that killed Betternet. Well, frankly, I'm incredibly happy.

And stay dead.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
We're not here to argue semantics. Light-hearted or not, off topic is off topic. Mind you most peoples' ideas of fun are completely ignoring the Global Rules, and that the majority of people follow this topic to keep up with leaks and rumors, not to see the users have fun.
That's what I said. Message boards are serious business. No fun allowed etc, etc.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Speak for yourself. There's a small but definitely present group of people here that are looking forward to Rhythm Heaven representation in Smash. I think it's a bit more expected in that sense than WFT ever was.
I know nothing about Rhythm Heaven but after that leak came out I'm kinda looking forward to it. Just thinking about his look/his unique gameplay features, etc. It could be a sort of Mr Game & Watch 2.0

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Greninja is a lucario clone right?

edit: just watched the reveal. Looks like he only shares a few moves kind of like luigi and mario....

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I have to totally revamp my roster predictions but I'm more optimistic about the overall roster more than ever (ridley deconfirmed or not...im still not entirely convinced since we were "teased" by a shadow instead of shown outright and of course toon link showed stage hazards can become playable... but I dont want to get into that argument).

Gematsu rumor DID just call "pokemon from x and y" (i know its vague but few people thought we were getting an x and y rep beyond mega forms) and given that Gematsu is also the one who "called" Wii fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, AND Little Mac so far (Pac-Man and Mii as well but we haven't seen them yet).

combined with Gematsu's new "leak" we are supposedly getting:

Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Chorus Men
Pacman
Mii

View attachment 11723

Gematsu had another leak? From the same source?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm going to add that he very clearly wanted us to think that Greninja was Mewtwo at first.
I don't know about that.

Gren was charging up something that was obviously a blade of some kind and not a shadowball.

Also, I actually went "WHA?!" for a moment when I saw Samurai Goro, but then I realized, "Oh, wait...AT, yeah..."

I think the obvious teasing for Ridley and Palutena confirm them. If he was going to deconfirm Ridley, he would've shown us Ridley instead of just his shadow.

And the goal was to make everyone think "OMG PALUTENA TROPHY!!! DECONFIRMED!!!" before he spun her around and we saw she was the pseudo.

He CAN'T troll this hard and then not include these characters. Like I said earlier, he'd be in danger of being beaten senseless by angry SSB "fans" pretty much everywhere he went.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

Gematsu rumor DID just call "pokemon from x and y" (i know its vague but few people thought we were getting an x and y rep beyond mega forms) and given that Gematsu is also the one who "called" Wii fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, AND Little Mac so far (Pac-Man and Mii as well but we haven't seen them yet).

combined with Gematsu's new "leak" we are supposedly getting:

Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Chorus Men
Pacman
Mii

View attachment 11723

What happened to Shulk's face?!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
The amount of leaks that were killed... Its scary... This reminds me, wasnt there a leak that stated that charizard will be on his own?

xxTailsxx

Smash Cadet
Zoroarks now a pokeball so hes deconfirmed. Wasnt there a leak that said zoroark was a pokeball pokemon and would transform into another fighter or something

Mewter

Smash Master
Guys, great news!

I just learned today from a dude that works as a developer (would rather not say his name to keep him safe) some news about the upcoming Super Smash Brothers 4 game!
Take this with a grain of salt as always but I have confidence in it:

-Little Mac has a power meter which fills and allows him a one-shot KO. He turns into a "Giga Mac" when he possesses the franchise's super attack item known as the Smash Orb!
-Rosaline (a mario character) is paired with a luma (from the wii video game Super Mario Galaxy) and they can attack separately!
-Master ball items will be in the game and release powerful Pokemon creatures like Palkia, Arceus and maybe a whale called Kyroge!
-Charzard (a dragon-like Pokemon character) makes an appearance as his own controllable fighter! He breathes fire!
-Grenninja is a newcomer from the recently popular Pokemon X and Y video games!
-There is a new assist trophy based off the hit video game Elite Beat Agents! They work similarly to DK's (Donkey Kong for those of you not familiar with the abbreviation) final smash but are less powerful and move around the stage!
-Skull Kid from Zelda is an assist trophy!(I hope not... I wanted him to be playable)
-the final boss of the new adventure mode is non other than the owner of the two Hands. You fight him in Shadow of the Collossus style.
-Homer Simpson Jumps the Couch!

I hope these are true. Who knows who, or even how, to trust these days...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom