• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Guys, great news!

I just learned today from a dude that works as a developer (would rather not say his name to keep him safe) some news about the upcoming Super Smash Brothers 4 game!
Take this with a grain of salt as always but I have confidence in it:

-Little Mac has a power meter which fills and allows him a one-shot KO. He turns into a "Giga Mac" when he possesses the franchise's super attack item known as the Smash Orb!
-Rosaline (a mario character) is paired with a luma (from the wii video game Super Mario Galaxy) and they can attack separately!
-Master ball items will be in the game and release powerful Pokemon creatures like Palkia, Arceus and maybe a whale called Kyroge!
-Charzard (a dragon-like Pokemon character) makes an appearance as his own controllable fighter! He breathes fire!
-Grenninja is a newcomer from the recently popular Pokemon X and Y video games!
-There is a new assist trophy based off the hit video game Elite Beat Agents! They work similarly to DK's (Donkey Kong for those of you not familiar with the abbreviation) final smash but are less powerful and move around the stage!

I hope these are true. Who knows who, or even how, to trust these days...
Sorry, friend.

Your time machine is 4 hours too late.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Guys, great news!

I just learned today from a dude that works as a developer (would rather not say his name to keep him safe) some news about the upcoming Super Smash Brothers 4 game!

-Little Mac has a power meter which fills and allows him a one-shot KO. He turns into a "Giga Mac" when he possesses the franchise's super attack item known as the Smash Orb!
-Rosaline (a mario character) is paired with a luma (from the wii video game Super Mario Galaxy) and they can attack separately!
-Master ball items will be in the game and release powerful Pokemon creatures like Palkia, Arceus and maybe a whale called Kyroge!
-Charzard (a dragon-like Pokemon character) makes an appearance as his own controllable fighter! He breathes fire!
-There is a new assist trophy based off the hit video game Elite Beat Agents! They work similarly to DK's (Donkey Kong for those of you not familiar with the abbreviation) final smash but are less powerful and move around the stage!

Not sure if I should believe this...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Guys, great news!

Please tell me you're trolling...

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
So if the characters are the same that means that we should be seeing the rest of the cast pretty soon. Which means that the leaks can't survive much longer. Max, they have until summer.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Sooo tons of leaks destroyed by Greninja.

I have to totally revamp my roster predictions but I'm more optimistic about the overall roster more than ever (ridley deconfirmed or not...im still not entirely convinced since we were "teased" by a shadow instead of shown outright and of course toon link showed stage hazards can become playable... but I dont want to get into that argument).

Gematsu rumor DID just call "pokemon from x and y" (i know its vague but few people thought we were getting an x and y rep beyond mega forms) and given that Gematsu is also the one who "called" Wii fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, AND Little Mac so far (Pac-Man and Mii as well but we haven't seen them yet).

combined with Gematsu's new "leak" we are supposedly getting:

Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Chorus Men
Pacman
Mii

View attachment 11723

Is this our final roster?
I would be perfectly happy with that roster. And it looks very feasible.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Great Depression is more appropriate.

If the double Sal leak is true and no other newcomer is in...

The only new features in this game in my eyes are:
-Samus gets bigger womanly pairs and high heels, obviously shows how she's a badass bounty hunter with a stone-cold attitude.
-Squirtle and Bulbasaur are not as important as Charizard
-No newcomer that really makes you go 'Wow, I can't believe they did that' in a good way other than Mega Man.

Man, I was so hopeful this time around that he would service the long-time Nintendo fans at least a little. I guess that's just not the case this time with all these reveals for the newer audiences they're aiming for... Rosalina, Greninja... Come on.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Glad you posted this. Kind of wanted to tackle it.

I have been a big proponent of the leak was fake. I have to give credit where credit is due. He did get Greninja right (sort of). He also actually posted this as a leak rather than saying "I'm making this prediction on a message board. OH LOOK GUYS. I'M RIGHT." This gives it some legitimacy. However, one problem was that all the other characters were very specific except the Pokemon was was "Pokemon from X and Y." That could have been any Pokemon. As X and Y are the new game, you're basically saying "A New Pokemon character will be added." So this is a little suspicious. He was specific when it came to the other characters, or at least he actually described the character that would be in "Chorus Boy, Animal Crossing Boy." But here he isn't. There is also the fact the characters were still not at E3 and the potential Mii stages are different series and were shown before the character.

It might be real, but, as always, take it with a grain of salt.
I agree with a lot of what you said. Sadly for me, I'm already believing it even though I shouldn't. All of the newcomers except Rosalina so far....it's eerie. While X and Y pokemon was vague, we have no idea how he's getting his information , and just how specific his information is, or if he's familiar with pokemon for that matter. All of the other points you made still make this suspect. As I've said before, it's always possible that he could be lying with some information that he's gotten correct, and real with others. We'll never know until the game is out though.

Shroob

Sup?

-Samus gets bigger womanly pairs and high heels, obviously shows how she's a badass bounty hunter with a stone-cold attitude.
-No newcomer that really makes you go 'Wow, I can't believe they did that' in a good way other than Mega Man.

Man, I was so hopeful this time around that he would service the long-time Nintendo fans at least a little. I guess that's just not the case this time with all these reveals for the newer audiences they're aiming for... Rosalina, Greninja... Come on.
Not to *****, but all I've seen you do is complain. Isn't that more suited for the social thread and not the rumor thread?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

I'm alright with this roster, but it's not wowing me either.

I'm still not sure about the Chorus Men. I mean, if they get in before Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, I'll be pissed...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Glad you posted this. Kind of wanted to tackle it.

I have been a big proponent of the leak was fake. I have to give credit where credit is due. He did get Greninja right (sort of). He also actually posted this as a leak rather than saying "I'm making this prediction on a message board. OH LOOK GUYS. I'M RIGHT." This gives it some legitimacy. However, one problem was that all the other characters were very specific except the Pokemon was was "Pokemon from X and Y." That could have been any Pokemon. As X and Y are the new game, you're basically saying "A New Pokemon character will be added." So this is a little suspicious. He was specific when it came to the other characters, or at least he actually described the character that would be in "Chorus Boy, Animal Crossing Boy." But here he isn't. There is also the fact the characters were still not at E3 and the potential Mii stages are different series and were shown before the character.

It might be real, but, as always, take it with a grain of salt.
"Animal Crossing Guy."

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It just accured to me there was a rumor with a second WTF character

I think greninja qualifys for that character
But saying "there will be a second WTF character" is extremely vague.

Had he said there'd be a WTF POKEMON specifically, then I might be more inclined (still not a total shot in the dark, however).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh god. Tanooki Suit!

I need images of Tanooki Suit Everyone Now!

What happens to character's with tails when they get the Tanooki Leaf?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Greninja's not as WTF as you might think. Could be Sakurai's new favorite or something.

So ****ing cool.

Chorus men fits WTF so much better.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Looks fake to me. Where's the shadow? Besides, it was probably ripped from a frame of MK8 footage.

Edit: The Tanooki Leaf and Blue Shell were from the same guy? Then it's probably legit. The Bullet Bill pic looked weird to me.
The guy uploaded images that we haven't seen of the master ball and the Blue Shell. Both were confirmed in the direct. Chances are the Bullet Bill picture might be real.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The guy uploaded images that we haven't seen of the master ball and the Blue Shell. Both were confirmed in the direct. Chances are the Bullet Bill picture might be real.
A BB assist trophy isn't much of a stretch, especially since there's a chain chomp, too.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Whoah. This one is crazy. He sort of did get Greninja right... but we'll have to see. He did get more right then "wrong" and he hasn't been shot down in stone either, aside from reveal dates and what not. But as much as I might believe this guy... Chorus Boy? What? I had to look that one up. There'd be too much grief if that was true. And predicting Platuena isn't too hard with all the evidence we've gotten and the leak about her before this guy spoke up again.

But who knows? I'll remember this one for the future... and he's right for sure if Chorus Boy makes it in. That's even a bigger prediction then getting WFT right.
It's hard to disprove (defiantly, I mean), because you either have to wait till the game comes out or have one of the characters he predicted be deconfirmed. Mii and Pac-Man are hard to do that for because they are either in or not.

I was wondering if someone could help me locate a rumor! (I've tried the search function but I can't get it to narrow down under an overwhelming number of results in this thread alone.)

There was an old one that said Jigglypuff was cut because of the Villager, something we all thought was ghastly. But now that we see the Villager's balloon recovery in motion, it is most certainly creeping up into Jigglypuff's air maneuvering niche.

I just want to see the rumor again in case it had anything else right. Anyone remember it?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to disprove (defiantly, I mean), because you either have to wait till the game comes out or have one of the characters he predicted be deconfirmed. Mii and Pac-Man are hard to do that for because they are either in or not.
You never liked the Sal rumor anyway. So it's no surprise that you're not ready to eat your crow...

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
^ I remember that leak too, but I don't remember where it is...

Serebii get's those pictures from some sort of public developers room thingy right? I remember him posting that picture of Sonic and Peach a while ago as well.
And it looks like that the brawl era leaker in the op has been correct on everything so far.

Hmmm Does anybody remember which leak this was? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68986546

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I was wondering if someone could help me locate a rumor! (I've tried the search function but I can't get it to narrow down under an overwhelming number of results in this thread alone.)

There was an old one that said Jigglypuff was cut because of the Villager, something we all thought was ghastly. But now that we see the Villager's balloon recovery in motion, it is most certainly creeping up into Jigglypuff's air maneuvering niche.

I just want to see the rumor again in case it had anything else right. Anyone remember it?
Check page 11 of this thread.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The bottom screen is grey in the Direct, in Palutena leak it is white. All i'm gonna get is BLAH BLAH BLAH PRODUCTION CHANGES but whatever. Also the Pseudo Palutena tease and Pit's new final smash really hint at Palutena, I just don't believe it from the leak.

Lecruix

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Greninja? Sakurai is ****ing ********. This sure killed an ass ton of leaks, including the ever popular Betternet leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom