• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
please people, for you own good quit speculating regarding Ridley. with the pain of my hearth i have to say that is cleary a stage hazard or boss. probably sakurai revealed it as a way also to not get our hopes too high regarding ridley and be crushed afterwards.

Why they show only the shadow? did you realized that its animation was pretty choppy, and you forget thats this is game under development? most probably sakurai didnt directly showed Ridley due to it Not being ready yet. with 3ds version coming this summer, they have probably bigger priorities like finishing the roster rather than finishing Wii-u stages. the same reason could be said regarding the late appereance of Yoshi. Everyone knew yoshi was going to be in, so it wasnt shown earlier due to hype factor, but because all its animations were reworked, and probably early wasnt ready to be shown.

And Greninja isnt that WTF, the 3 most influential 6th gen pokes in the pokemon metagame are Talonflame, Aegislash and Greninja. of those 3 Greninja certainly was the most fighterish...

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I wish this Gematsu leaker would remain silent. I'm inclined to believe that the leaker is true, but if it means putting a Rhythm Heaven character in my prediction rosters, then I'm just not going to make prediction rosters anymore.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Do you guys think the boss in Pyrosphere can be Meta Ridley? Come on, guys. You should know by now how much of a troll Sakurai is. It's totally possible that he wants us to think Ridley is just a Boss.

Greninja's not as WTF as you might think. Could be Sakurai's new favorite or something.

So ****ing cool.

Chorus men fits WTF so much better.
I don't think Greninja is a wtf at all. I don't keep track of Pokemon too much anymore and I know it is incredibly popular. Charizard being on his own opens the doors for popular starters being playable (it was never really a rule, but it felt like it was) With those Charizard and Greninja we have what is easily the most popular starter ever and the most popular current gen starter. It also helps that none of the new Pokemon really pulled away this time around aside from Greninja. Hawlucha and Pangoro really being the only two that came close.

Greninja makes sense, and if he wasn't putting Mewtwo into jeopardy I think most people would like him. I'm not a massive fan (I don't dislike him at all, but he's not one of my favorites) and I'm fine with him in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Do you guys think the boss in Pyrosphere can be Meta Ridley? Come on, guys. You should know by now how much of a troll Sakurai is. It's totally possible that he wants us to think Ridley is just a Boss.
I'm pretty sure the tail we get a glimpse of is Other-M's tail.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
Let's just all assume that [insert character] is unplayable until proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they are. Then when or if they are revealed we can e super excited. Yay.

(I haven't lost faith, Oh Glorious Purple One. But the nonbelievers, they are many, and I am weary.)

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think Greninja is a wtf at all. I don't keep track of Pokemon too much anymore and I know it is incredibly popular. Charizard being on his own opens the doors for popular starters being playable (it was never really a rule, but it felt like it was) With those Charizard and Greninja we have what is easily the most popular starter ever and the most popular current gen starter. It also helps that none of the new Pokemon really pulled away this time around aside from Greninja. Hawlucha and Pangoro really being the only two that came close.

Greninja makes sense, and if he wasn't putting Mewtwo into jeopardy I think most people would like him. I'm not a massive fan (I don't dislike him at all, but he's not one of my favorites) and I'm fine with him in the game.
Mewtwo isn't in jeopardy. He's as plausible now as he's ever been. If Mewtwo is in jeopardy, then Jiggly would be as well, and I'm fairly confident about her.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
let me assure you all I have major expirence in predicting smash ..........accurately predicted rosaluma revealed months before it happened(go toign wiki guys......).

also haven't been wrong on who will get in, until now. (ghitrahim, ridley yada yada)
and I officially say that sakurai is extremely hard to predict.
and I wont be bothered as much to do so anyway.....

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
The Neoseeker Leak needs to be updated.

• Ridley is playable
    • Ridley is the largest character
    • Ridley's Final Smash is Omega Ridley
    • Pyrosphere is Ridley's home stage
    • Metroid returns as an Assist Trophy
    • Anthony Higgs is an Assist Trophy
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Little Mac is quick and has good recovery (Little Mac does not appear to have good recovery, however pending more information it can't be verified)
    • The boxing ring is Little Mac's home stage
    • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy
    • Nabbit is an Assist Trophy
    • Toadsworth is an Assist Trophy
    • Kamek is an Assist Trophy
    • Cranky Kong is an Assist Trophy
    • Tingle is an Assist Trophy
    • Beedle is an Assist Trophy/
    • Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy/ is villagers Final smash.
    • Hector is an Assist Trophy

Betternet Roster Leak (12/20/13) is dead.

• Dixie Kong is playable
    • Mewtwo returns
    • Toon Zelda is playable
    • Palutena is playable
    • Krystal is playable
    • Chrom & Lucina are playable
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Takamaru is playable
    • Pac-Man is playable
    • Ike does not return
    • Lucas does not return
    • Wolf does not return
    • Snake does not return
    • Mewtwo was the final character "solidified" on the roster (can't be proven)
    • Mewtwo uses neither Mega Evolution
    • Mewtwo's Final Smash is "Psycho Break"
    • Lucario's Final Smash has not been finalized (can't be proven)
    • Zelda's transformation into Sheik has not been changed
    • Samus's transformation into Zero Suit Samus has not been changed
    • Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard (leaker did not specify who replaces them)
    • Pac-Man and Ganondorf will be announced E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct
    • Release date will be announced at E3 2014
    • Wii U release date is "early autumn"
    • 3DS release date is during the holidays
    • Chrom & Lucina are a duo character, with either character being able to be selected on the CSS
    • Chrom and Lucina each have their individual moveset and fight separately, bar special moves in which the partner materializes and the duo swaps. The specials are the same in name but function slightly differently depending on character
    • Chrom & Lucina share the Final Smash
    • Krystal uses her staff
    • Krystal's Final Smash has not been decided yet (can't be proven)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Mewtwo isn't in jeopardy. He's as plausible now as he's ever been. If Mewtwo is in jeopardy, then Jiggly would be as well, and I'm fairly confident about her.
I hope your right, about Mewtwo and Jiggs, I'm more worried about Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wish this Gematsu leaker would remain silent. I'm inclined to believe that the leaker is true, but if it means putting a Rhythm Heaven character in my prediction rosters, then I'm just not going to make prediction rosters anymore.
Now just what the hell is wrong with a Rhythm Heaven character?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I saw that no one has done this here yet, so allow me to point out a few details. Upon close examination of the Pseudo-Palutena trophy, I see that it is an exact replica of the Uprising model down to every detail, such as the belt ornaments and the tops of her stockings.

Comparing it to the supposed leaked images, it is clear that the Palutena model is not an exact replica.

It is debatable whether these changes would be made to the character model but not the trophy, but personally I am leaning towards "they wouldn't." I am definitely a believer in the notion that Palutena is playable, but along with the Mario model differences pointed out before, I feel like there is a very real chance that these two "leaked" images are actually just incredible forgeries.

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
I know this is a stretch, but I predict a new Mother character (Jeff, Paula, Poo, Klaus, Flint, Kumatora), K. Rool, Isaac, Chrom or Robin, Shulk, and (sadly) Mii.

I definitely don't think Ridley is down for the count. The fact they didn't show him just hints and Sakurai's master troll plan in the making.
Palutena is basically confirmed at this point. After the surprising Greninja reveal, I think any wacky prediction is quite possible. Who saw that one coming?

Shroob

Sup?
I hope your right, about Mewtwo and Jiggs, I'm more worried about Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch.
Why on Earth would they cut Ganondorf? And Samurai Goroh was shown as an Assist Trophy once again before Captain Falcon's reveal, so he's a lock as well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm really happy Greninja is playable.

I don't get why you all think he's such a bad addition.
If your only reason is "OMG I COULDN'T PREDICT IT SO ITS AUTOMATICALLY STUPID" or "NEW POKEMON ARE DUMB DURHGDURHURGF" then your argument is invalid.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, before Greninja, people complained that we weren't getting a newer gen rep outside Lucario. Now people are mad over Greninja?

Gaxel

Smash Ace

• Ridley is playable
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Little Mac is quick and has good recovery (Little Mac does not appear to have good recovery, however pending more information it can't be verified)
    • Beedle is an Assist Trophy/Is an item.

• Dixie Kong is playable
    • Mewtwo returns
    • Toon Zelda is playable
    • Palutena is playable
    • Krystal is playable
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Takamaru is playable
    • Pac-Man is playable
    • Ike does not return
    • Lucas does not return
    • Wolf does not return
    • Snake does not return
    • Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard (leaker did not specify who replaces them)
    • Chrom & Lucina are a duo character, with either character being able to be selected on the CSS
    • Chrom and Lucina each have their individual moveset and fight separately, bar special moves in which the partner materializes and the duo swaps. The specials are the same in name but function slightly differently depending on character
    • Krystal uses her staff
Metroid is an AT though.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Why on Earth would they cut Ganondorf? And Samurai Goroh was shown as an Assist Trophy once again before Captain Falcon's reveal, so he's a lock as well.
LoZ has 4 characters at most (with Sheik and Zelda combining to serve as a dual character), with Sheik now having her own slot rather than sharing 1 with Zelda it kinda hurts Ganondorf's chances a little bit, although I'm confident him, and Falcon will return whether they be the May reveal, or the E3 reveal along with the rumored Pac-man, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Chrom, and Shulk (and possibly Palutena).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would have preferred Meowth... but I suppose Greninja works for now. But damn, did Sakurai really have to add this ugly Pokemon? I still don't like the tongue scarf... I'd have rather Sakurai add Hawlucha or Mega Ampharos... oh well, what's done is done. But ultimately, I am just glad that we are not getting the boring "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo" roster.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Not to *****, but all I've seen you do is complain. Isn't that more suited for the social thread and not the rumor thread?
Sorry, my last two posts were complaints. But, for a day dedicated to Sm4sh, a lot of people are underwhelmed.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
So happy the Super Leaf is an item. I always imagined how it would work in a Smash Bros game since Melee.

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry, my last two posts were complaints. But, for a day dedicated to Sm4sh, a lot of people are underwhelmed.
The only people I've seen be 'underwhelmed' are diehard Ridley fans, to be frank. I think you're taking the Sal leak a little too personally. Look, the Sal leak did not predict Rosalina, obviously meaning even if it's right, there's still things he doesn't know.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

• Ridley is playable
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Beedle is an Assist Trophy/Is an item.

• Dixie Kong is playable
    • Mewtwo returns
    • Toon Zelda is playable
    • Palutena is playable
    • Krystal is playable
    • Little Mac is playable
    • Takamaru is playable
    • Pac-Man is playable
    • Ike does not return
    • Lucas does not return
    • Wolf does not return
    • Snake does not return
    • Krystal uses her staff
Not only that, but the release dates are wrong as well.

It appears this kills LOTS of leaks. I'm very happy about that.

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
Underwhelmed? I actually think this may have been the best direct out yet.
There were so many new things thrown into the mix. First off, the character reveals were great, with Greninja being pretty WTF for a lot of us.
Secondly, the release windows was a nice touch; now we know what to expect.
Third, I thoroughly enjoyed the explanation of online, rankings, and Smash Run modes. This added a nicce twist to the usual "items and characters" feeling we usually get.
I dunno. Could just be me, but I thoroughly enjoyed this Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom