• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ohey, the Urina and Screw Attack.

Also

FRANKLIN BADGE! THE FIRST MOTHER RELATED CONTENT! And Mr.Saturn!

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Thankfully, this isn't the whole lineup and it's apparent there's WAY more to come. The most encouraging part of the Direct was shockingly the fact the 3DS was stated to only have two songs to a stage. As someone clarified to me ages ago a lot of the data was spent on music and sounds so I can totally buy a roster of 45-50 characters now.

And Greninja. I'm so glad a character was thrown in that none of these "leakers" seen coming. I'd say it's safe to say just about all of these leaks are dead and any future ones might have even less credibility before. It's only gonna be bigger and bigger laughs at this point.
I'm annoyed at the possibility that we may get less characters due to the limitations of the 3DS. Or at least that's what Sakurai hinted at in an interview a while ago.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, go look at that link. If I didn't know any better, I'd say close to EVERY item just got revealed.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
We got rid of Betternet and this "PoR" one is gonna take it's place till E3/whenever Ridley is revealed.

That shadow and the entire direct being trolly is just putting off to any non-explicit deconfirmations in the direct.

I mean starting off by saying, 'Yes, I'm still alive." is just basically him going "trolololol troll time".

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm pretty skeptical of the Gematsu leaker if he can nail ~10 characters but not Greninja.

Anyways, with the 3DS version releasing this summer we can expect an accurate leaked roster in the next month or two, probably. Very exciting!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My condolences...im not entirely convinced ridleys out, could be meta ridley as a stage hazard OR ridley pulls a toon link like we have all been predicting anyway. seems odd for sakurai to show his shadow and not just show him so i still feel this is a tease because the real (character) reveal is yet to come... yeah i know i feel like im grasping at straws at this point 2 but whatever it keeps the hope alive.

as for the new sal romano leak its here:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

If you take all his leaked remaining newcomers: Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus men
cut Snake and you get a 48 character roster (now counting Sheik and Zero suit Samus as their own spots).

Seems likely to me at this point after this guy has called Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, AND Wii Fit Trainer; and now vaguely guessing Greninja (no one was guessing X and Y pokemon beyond mega forms of lucario, mewtwo, and charizard).

But hey, Isaac wasn't shown as an assist no Lip Stick shown Takamaru's still got a chance and like I said before Ridley seems like a tease more than a disconfirmed character and sakurai clearly trolled in the direct about zero suit samus AND the palutena trophy so maybe it's a 50 character roster with some characters Sal doesn't know about yet...he never mentioned Rosalina so I still got some hope that even if he's right we could get some surprises.
The only hope that we have now is if Ridley pulls out a Toon Link / Alfonzo situation, for the moment for me at least is now grasping to a thin rope that I know it will break in any moment, I prefer to expect the fall and recover as faster as I can than getting my hopes up in believing that it will sustain much longer.

The tail of Ridley that is show in the Direct compared to the Other M Ridley Tail are the same, seeing so far in this game most of the content from Metroid is from Other M, like Samus and ZSS design, Pyrosphere, etc. the most logical solution is that Ridley is in his Other M form to get with the art style of the series and is current form, so the only hope for a playable Ridley is in his Classic design (Super Metroid) and for me is the least reasonable situation for the reasons above.

Yeah I think we can get two more characters at most and get 14 new playable characters but is a stretch, for now I will take out Ridley from my prediction roster, possible characters that are missing from that list probably Takamaru and a WTF that not one is suspecting, I still think Lip´s Stick is a item to be confirmed and was saved for later Pic of the Day".

.n_n.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That man is playing Galaga.

Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did.

Maybe I missed something, but what validity does the Mario Kart 8 guy have? Did he just drop into that NeoGAF thread and say "Uh, yeah, 48 characters, 4 cuts," or did he have other information to grant him more credibility?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. I had to have a memory refresher there, but there that's proof that Namco has a playable rep at the least.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

Maybe I missed something, but what validity does the Mario Kart 8 guy have? Did he just drop into that NeoGAF thread and say "Uh, yeah, 48 characters, 4 cuts," or did he have other information to grant him more credibility?
Not much at all honestly. I don't think he was on NeoGAF unless you're talking about someone else. I myself gave him more credibility because he was an ex (admin/staff actually) mod, site creator/helper, community/event creator, etc and more. He didn't say much about smash other than the cuts and roster #, and everything he's said about MK8 has been right so far if my memory proves correct.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
From PoR rumor

"Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups."

As I suspected, this was dead on. I feel sorry for the chick, even throwing out a bone, her credit was given to chaos zero
Anyway no K. Rool, No Ridley. Anything with K.Rool and Ridley is fake to me.
Most of these predictions are pretty vague, but if the leaker is actually credible that lends them a bit more believability.

It's really a shame that she was bullied for giving accurate information. Sadly, the same is likely to happen when the real SSB4 roster hits.

I do agree that we're not likely to see K. Rool.

Oh, snap. Yeah, hang it up Pac haters. All this retro Namco content. He's playable.

I for one welcome our new yellow ghost munching overlord with open arms.
I could deal with Retro Pac. Anything but 3D Pac.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I thought the Pong assist was actually a reference to the color TV games Nintendo made a long time ago. It's not actually called Pong either.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Isn´t that the person that was leaking content from the Mario Kart 8 and did have some extra info from Smash and decide to post it too, by the way all that info that was posted was in a Mario Kart fan site. is that the one you are referring?

.n_n.

Mode

Smash Cadet
Most of these predictions are pretty vague, but if the leaker is actually credible that lends them a bit more believability.

It's really a shame that she was bullied for giving accurate information. Sadly, the same is likely to happen when the real SSB4 roster hits.

I could deal with Retro Pac. Anything but 3D Pac.
Vague? How so? If anything I'd say it's pretty specific

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Retro Namco stuff?

Welcome to Smash Bros. Packers!

Sal Romano's two leaks gives us 11 newcomers + Rosalina (12). Two cuts from Brawl would be 37. +12 newcomers = 49, which makes a lot of sense in terms of numbers.

I think I'm really sold on this leak. The fact that he's five-for-six on the newcomers cannot be ignored.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Vague? How so? If anything I'd say it's pretty specific
"Obvious" or "easily guessable" would perhaps be a better term. The rumor revolves around character deconfirms, far easier to guess due to the wide variety of possible newcomers, and expanded online was also a fairly obvious guess.

I'm not saying that she's not potentially credible, mind you, just that her credibility will have to come from somewhere besides that leak.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
247 screenshots from press kit. (Thank Farvin111 from gamefaqs for showing)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/
As we've been talking about on the Pac-Man support thread, I think this pretty much confirms Pac-Man's inclusion. Why have classic Namco franchises represented with items if you don't have a classic Namco franchise represented with a character? Are there any other items in the game that are taken from something but don't have a character? Besides the Smash Bros. themed items, all I can think of is the Steel Diver.

Oh, snap. Yeah, hang it up Pac haters. All this retro Namco content. He's playable.

I for one welcome our new yellow ghost munching overlord with open arms.
I like you.

Last edited:

Mode

Smash Cadet
"Obvious" or "easily guessable" would perhaps be a better term. The rumor revolves around character deconfirms, far easier to guess due to the wide variety of possible newcomers, and expanded online was also a fairly obvious guess.

I'm not saying that she's not potentially credible, mind you, just that her credibility will have to come from somewhere besides that leak.
Yea I'll definitely give you that. The Ridley stage hazard is quite specific however. I don't think a Dixie confirmation would make me buy it though. Could just be a lucky guesser for all we know

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not much at all honestly. I don't think he was on NeoGAF unless you're talking about someone else. I myself gave him more credibility because he was an ex (admin/staff actually) mod, site creator/helper, community/event creator, etc and more. He didn't say much about smash other than the cuts and roster #, and everything he's said about MK8 has been right so far if my memory proves correct.
What did he say about Mario Kart and how easy to guess was his information?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Retro Namco stuff?

Welcome to Smash Bros. Packers!

Sal Romano's two leaks gives us 11 newcomers + Rosalina (12). Two cuts from Brawl would be 37. +12 newcomers = 49, which makes a lot of sense in terms of numbers.

I think I'm really sold on this leak. The fact that he's five-for-six on the newcomers cannot be ignored.
Saying "an X & Y rep" when he predicts every other character exactly is not going five for six on newcomers.

X&Y was the only area where the leaker had real potential to make a bad guess due to the three different starters with equal chances, and so he may have hedged his bets. Every other series has an obvious newcomer, so he doesn't. He also leaks right before the Direct, but doesn't mention which rep will hit during the Direct or that PT has been cut and Charizard will appear as a "newcomer"? It's all very fishy.

Yea I'll definitely give you that. The Ridley stage hazard is quite specific however. I don't think a Dixie confirmation would make me buy it though. Could just be a lucky guesser for all we know
Ridley stage hazard was guessable from the moment the Yellow Devil appeared, though I'll grant that it's a less likely guess.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mind, though, that Sakurai recognizes the Kremlings thanks to Smash Run on the 3DS, and also resurged their relevance (despite them being in Super Sluggers alongside K. Rool).

So King K. Rool really doesn't seem unlikely to me.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
4 cuts and 48 spots could refer to Ivysaur and squirtle now that sheik and zero-suit samus count for spots. cut snake and that means only one more mystery cut.

Add the characters from the Sal/Gematsu leaks and it give us this, 48 character roster:

SalRoster.png

however thats with only 3 cuts (ivysaur, squirtle, and snake).
Sooo possibly one more character cut and one more mystery newcomer... or it's mewtwo over jigglypuff and that counts as a cut.... I kinda doubt that though (the original 12 just seem sacred to me) but who knows.

for better or for worse I feel the days are approaching when these "real" leaks will add up and actually reveal the final roster. It's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom