• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So how is it fake? That render looks pretty good. I mean if people could believe that dumb *** white kid Nester could be a legit inclusion then why not this one?
Well, aren't there huge crop lines underneath the eyes?

Either way, the whole thing was super fishy, and didn't the guy admit it was fake? Even if that wasn't the case, the similarities between it and the Marth picture were hilarious.

Well, aren't there huge crop lines underneath the eyes?

Either way, the whole thing was super fishy, and didn't the guy admit it was fake? Even if that wasn't the case, the similarities between it and the Marth picture were hilarious.
Yeah he is similar to Marth. It's funny because they are ancestors so it's relatively easy to render them from one another.

So the dude admitted it was fake huh? Shame. It looks good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah he is similar to Marth. It's funny because they are ancestors so it's relatively easy to render them from one another.

So the dude admitted it was fake huh? Shame. It looks good.
Yeah, they are, although I found them a bit too similar.

It was a damn good model though. If he's in, which is probable, I expect it'll look like that anyway, so it's all good.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Yeah, they are, although I found them a bit too similar.

It was a damn good model though. If he's in, which is probable, I expect it'll look like that anyway, so it's all good.
That's a very big 'if'...

Please let him be in. Sakurai can have my money if that turns out to be the case.

NotSakurai rumor (Jan 3)
Copying its content over because the dumbarse GameFAQs mods delete all "leaks."

Pardon if the English I use is not the best.

Before I go on and discuss what I know, I am not Sakurai. I am not claiming to have worked on the game, though I have seen some production sketches and even heard about the game progress over dinner with a few of my friends who work on the game. If you do not wish to be spoiled or disappointed, I suggest to stop reading. Now here is what I know for sure.

New Items:

Barrel Cannon from Melee and Donkey Kong

Tiki's Tear, which increases damage given by 1.1X and damage taken .9X. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Baby Yoshi that blocks projectiles, can wander off stage and can be KO'd. From New Super Mario Brothers U

New Stages Include

Lor Starcutter, which is a peaceful stage that can tilt due to Landia and Magalor Fighting over the Master Crown. This stage is on the Wii U.

Pokemon World Tournament, in which certain Pokemon like Garchomp and Tyranitar will battle. They become a stage hazard when Mega Evolution is in play though! This stage is on the 3DS.

A Chimera Factory stage from Mother 3, in which different chimeras roam, waiting for snack! This stage is on the 3DS

An 8 bit version of Ice Climber, in which players can destroy platforms and use enemies to KO opponents, This stage is on both Wii U and 3DS

Prison Island from Xenoblade, in which Metal Face appears in the background, and is fought in adventure mode. The music is to die for on this stage. This Stage is on the Wii U

No Melee Stage is returning unless you count Battlefield and Final Destination.

New Assist Trophies

Sallya, who uses Dark Magic to damage the opponent and heal her summoner. From Fire Emblem Kakusei

Tails, who can save a summoner from being knocked off only once, but can be KO'd himself.

Magnus from Kid Icarus, who uses his sword to do two strikes, but can be dodged easily.

Character Details

My Unit from Fire Emblem Kakusei is a newcomer. My Unit uses a unique stance change moveset, in order to diversify the Fire Emblem newcomers. There are costumes for both a male and female My Unit. The final smash involves Grima, though Grima is also an adventure mode boss.

Shulk, who uses the Monodo to strengthen his own attributes in battle, and is about as fast as link normally. He is the most recent character to be added into Smash Bros.

Ridley, who Sakurai added in order to please Western Fans. He is the largest character in the game, a bit taller than Bowser. He focuses on aerial combat, and has a hover much like Peach's, His final smash is Meta Ridley

The Pokemon Lineup is Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer, who reprises his pokemon.

Discussion on Snakes return are vague. The possibility of replacing Solid Snake with Naked Snake is there...

There are no other Mario characters besides Rosalina added, though Dr Mario is a Mario Skin...

The only cut characters are Pichu, Young Link, and Roy. Snake is possible at this point, if only to be replaced by his father, who would be called Snake.

Keep in mind that this is all i know, and this is a throwaway account.
Belief:
  • Says the Ice Climber stage will be on both the 3DS and Wii U, since there are no handheld Ice Climber games to draw from. This has shown to be the case with the Punch-Out stage as well.
Disbelief:
  • The rumor didn't mention Little Mac, who, at the time, was the most polished newcomer about to be shown.
  • This rumor says the 3DS Pokémon stage is the Pokémon World Tournament from Black2 and White2. It's not impossible for the 3DS to get two Pokémon stages, so I won't knock him for not mentioning Prism Tower. However, the problem with PWT is that it's nothing but a flat battle arena with a jumbotron in the background. We now know the Punch-Out!! stadium appears on the 3DS, making that a little redundant.
  • The rumor reads that Snake was still in talks as late as January. It's more probable that all third-party negotiations would be done in order to begin the character from the very start of development. However, a counterpoint may be Sonic's late entrance into Brawl, which is seemingly what delayed that game.
  • The rumor mentions Adventure Mode twice, speaking of Metal Face and Grima as bosses. However, we've seen no evidence that the Wii U version even has an Adventure Mode, and we've seen articles that, depending on the interpretor, cast it into doubt.
Ad hominems:
  • The leakster implies English is not his native language. Seems to be doing just fine, though.
  • Uses a lot of anglicized versions of Japanese names—which are easily found on wikis—but never uses any Japanese writing system. From what we've seen, he also hasn't tried to share his information with any Japanese-speaking community.
  • The leakster seems to know more about Fire Emblem and Xenoblade properties than the other series. Sounds like an RPG fan.
I hope my thoughts on an arbitrarily chosen rumor were of value to someone. :]

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This rumor says the 3DS Pokémon stage is the Pokémon World Tournament from Black2 and White2. It's not impossible for the 3DS to get two Pokémon stages, so I won't knock him for not mentioning Prism Tower. However, the problem with PWT is that it's nothing but a flat battle arena with a jumbotron in the background. We now know the Punch-Out!! stadium appears on the 3DS, making that a little redundant.
Final Destination didn't make either of the Pokemon Stadiums redundant. Nor did Battlefield/Fountain of Dreams.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Okay so! Are they any relevant Nintendo anniversaries in April that might shed some speculation on who might be revealed in the direct?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Okay so! Are they any relevant Nintendo anniversaries in April that might shed some speculation on who might be revealed in the direct?
Fire Emblem, though that's near the end of the month I think.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we look at the "pattern" of stages being revealed before characters then it could easily be Ridley or Palutena but there's so many stages that it could be anyone, even a freakin' Nintendog.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I better stay away from this thread until after Tuesday. We could get a legit leak.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
If we look at the "pattern" of stages being revealed before characters then it could easily be Ridley or Palutena but there's so many stages that it could be anyone, even a freakin' Nintendog.
Chrom with or without Lucina is also possible due Arena Ferox

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*wishes for a Duck Hunt stage* :awesome:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Sean Schemmel is voicing Lucario this time around and not Goku. Neat!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68955559
It's nothing overly exciting or anything, but my friend went to Comic Con in Adelaide today and got to meet Sean Schemmel (Voice of Goku). He did Lucario in the movie and apparently they're getting him to voice Lucario for this.

also, he didn't mention anything about Goku in Smash 4. Sorry Miiverse fans.

And evidence he actually met the guy.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Looks like Sean Schemmel is voicing Lucario this time around and not Goku. Neat!
It's nothing overly exciting or anything, but my friend went to Comic Con in Adelaide today and got to meet Sean Schemmel (Voice of Goku). He did Lucario in the movie and apparently they're getting him to voice Lucario for this.

i love the last line sorry miiverse lol.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Cool. Was a fan Lucario's voice in brawl and I'm fine with it returning.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Well, Super Metroid's NA anniversary is the 18th and Fire Emblem's is the 20th.

So, there can be quite a few possibilities on a newcomer.

It can even be Palutena so Nintendo doesn't have a leak hindering them.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Anniversaries mean nothing for character reveals.
Little Mac & Lucario

btw my predictions are :
2/3 newcomer or 1 newcomer and some veterans
many items and assist tropies and pokeballs
some infos about the single mode and the internet battles and other things Cuccos
Maybe the date of release

and these are my predections about the characters :
veterans - Ganondorf ,Wario ,Yoshi ,Jigglypuff ,Ness ,Captain Falcon ,Ike
newcomers - Ridley ,Chrom ,Palutena ,Mii ,PacMan

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Anniversaries mean nothing for character reveals.
except little mac...punch out anniversary trumped donkey kong tropical freeze release...if DK is even getting a new rep that is...

Fire emblem, Metroid, Nazo no Murasame Jō (takamaru) all have april anniversaries.

though I'm hedging my bets on Palutena, Mii, or Pac-Man to be revealed.

Palutena just seems like she might be the next newcomer (the leak along with a good stream of kid icarus stuff being revealed lately).

Mii's if they are in the game (and I believe they almost certainly are at this point) it would be good to get them revealed and out of the way and if they do have some interesting mechanic the direct would be a great time to show how they "work" (customizability even if its just faces).

Pac-Man would be 3rd party and that usually means they HAVE to show him early to "hype" the game (Namco would want them to) so this could be a time to reveal him, but E3 would also be good for that.

Now of course we are just as likely to get thrown a curveball. Anyway it's times like this right before the direct where information and videos might be floating around and we might get a leak so I'll be watching this thread like a hawk until Tuesday.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm guessing Sakurai has something up his sleeve a little better than another generic FE rep...

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
My prediction for the SSB4 Direct:

• The opening sequence of the game to start the direct off which reveals a couple veteran characters. (Possibly Wario, Ice Climbers, Yoshi and Meta Knight)
  • 3-5 new stages not officially announced but shown through the various trailers.
  • 1-3 Newcomers shown. This will depend on the length of the direct; possibly 1 newcomer every 10 minutes. (My fingers are crossed for Issac but I sense my disappointment as I believe Miis will be announced as playable.)
  • Info on Adventure mode as we all know it's coming back just not with the cutscenes like in brawl.
  • A quick gameplay match featuring one of the newcomers vs Mario with a look at the Victory screen and hearing Mario's new victory music or the music of the newcomer.
  • Maybe a new Single player mode.
  • And finally the release date!
It might seem like expecting a lot but I don't see the point of a Smash Direct if not even half of these things I mentioned aren't covered.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still stand by my statement.

The only times Sakruai ever talked about anniversaries were Super Smash Bros (64), Super Smash Bros. Brawl, & Kid Icarus: Uprising (AKA games Sakurai created). Any other anniversary is pretty much guaranteed to be ignored on Pic of the Day (just like the countless other anniversaries that have passed since Sakurai started PotD). And nothing was said about the Punch-Out!! anniversary during the Little Mac reveal, so you can't prove it was for the anniversary.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
The fact that people have made the connect between release dates and anniversaries make me think they're not as significant as people think anymore.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
And nothing was said about the Punch-Out!! anniversary during the Little Mac reveal, so you can't prove it was for the anniversary.
And you have no proof that it wasn't for the anniversary.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with Wario Bros., the only anniversaries that we're 100% certain that mattered are the Smash ones, maybe Uprising but Sakurai did say he didn't really notice on Twitter, so that one's even debatable. Little Mac was revealed on his anniversary month, but outside of that there was no attention drawn to it whether by Nintendo or Sakurai, so it could be coincidence.

Plus, we've had Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Earthbound, Ice Climbers along with others completely ignored. One (debatably two) anniversaries being adhered to does not make a pattern in the face of many counterexamples.

That's really cool to hear. I enjoyed his take on the character in the movie, so I'm glad they're bringing him in for Smash 4.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
My predictions are, a few veteran reveals like Yoshi, Wario, Mewtwo and Ice Climbers.

Then, 2-3 newcomers to blow us out of the water. (Ridley, Chrom, Palutena, Chibi Robo, Ghirahim, Tingle, Isaac, Shulk, Saki, Pac Man or Mii are all strong candidates)

Then they'll leave 2-3 for an E3 reveal and maybe 2-3 for us to find on release.

If this Direct is all about Sm4sh... It's safe to say the release is near.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The middle finger was supposed to be along the lines of "look at me I'm so edgy and confrontational. That's how you know my leak is legit, because anyone with a forged leak wouldn't have the balls to insult their viewing audience! I'm so confident!"

Then of course the leak turned out to be fake anyway.
He was flipping off Chrom, not the audience. It was included as a joke. It was April Fool's Day.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

That's really cool. Did your friend mention whether Schemmel said he had already voiced Lucario, or he was set to voice Lucario and hadn't started recording yet?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
@ ToothiestAura ToothiestAura

Are you the one posting leaks on 4chan saying they have media copies of the game already and Chrom/Robin, Hatsune Miku and a random space pirate is playable? -.-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom