• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why people think veterans are getting revealed in a direct.
It makes sense. They definitely should have both newcomers and veterans revealed. The fact that you even question that happening makes me question your common sense.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Paint? I'm currently doing my school while listening to music. I don't have time to toy around with paint. That'd require a lot of work for me. I have tests, buddy.
k. Next time you try and start hype, use a Chrom picture that isn't as well-known.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
You mean like Luigi and Sonic? Or like the ones in Brawl? It will be a Direct, it will include much more than a single newcomer trailer. It will have footage for example, and that can easely include some veteranjs

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
When did this become the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct thread?

lightdasher

Smash Lord
It makes sense. They definitely should have both newcomers and veterans revealed. The fact that you even question that happening makes me question your common sense.
Excuse ****ing me?

The only veterans revealed were Luigi because of "Year of Luigi" and Sonic because he's a third party, ever other single veteran was revealed in a PotD.

Makes me question YOUR common sense.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Excuse ****ing me?

The only veterans revealed were Luigi because of "Year of Luigi" and Sonic because he's a third party, ever other single veteran was revealed in a PotD.

Makes me question YOUR common sense.
Hey, you know what we've never had? A Nintendo Direct focused JUST on Smash Bros., so your previous experiences with directs that had at most 3 minutes of Smash info aren't really comparable. It's going to be (most likely) around 20 minutes of JUST Smash news. We also just had a huuuuuge veteran reveal drought, most likely because Sakurai was holding back for this direct. It makes sense that we would see a new veteran or two in this reveal.

Edit: This came out sounding more aggressive then I wanted. Not my intent at all, just trying to point out why people are thinking we might see some veterans (although it is by no means a guarantee.)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If it was a regular direct I'd agree with you but since it's all about smash I don't see why they wouldn't slip in a couple veterans.

I don't think they'll be officially revealed in the direct but will appear in gameplay trailers and then put up on the website afterwards.

Morbi

Scavenger
So guys, here's our first supposed leak. This one coming from a longtime GameFAQs user by the name of User728 aka not a new account.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68952401

"It has been leaked that they will be revealing Pac-man."

"I can't provide the source unfortunately. You will see on Tuesday though"
The "no source" portion obviously entails that the user is making baseless claims. I guess we will see on Tuesday though (not really)!

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
So guys, here's our first supposed leak. This one coming from a longtime GameFAQs user by the name of User728 aka not a new account.

So who the hell do we get at E3? And I hope it's not just Pac-Man. No one gives enough of a damn about him to have him be the ONLY reveal.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So who the hell do we get at E3? And I hope it's not just Pac-Man. No one gives enough of a damn about him to have him be the ONLY reveal.
We typically get more than a single reveal during E3, I wouldn't worry about that.

Edit- I misunderstood; never mind. I speculate that E3 is going to be reserved for more hype inducing candidates such as Ridley and/or K. Rool, Mewtwo, etc.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Morbi

Scavenger
Pac-Man eeh?...
Makes sense, especially for a Smash Bros. specific direct.
We'll have to see.
Honestly, I thought that a Pac-Man reveal for a Smash Bros. specific Direct was somewhat antithetical. I suppose it is more likely (than I originally anticipated) as Namco is co-developing the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pac-Man being revealed on this direct means an eliminated space for Ridley, Shulk, Layton and/or Palutena at E3.
This will be the second member of the Leaky 3 to be revealed. Me thinks Miis are next after this if it is true.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS; I MISREAD

However, User728 is a dense mofo.
Anything that comes out of his mouth shouldn't be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, it seems Nintendo gives certain news outlets a heads up of what's going to be revealed in a trailer, perhaps even some pre-written news blurbs on their press site prior to Directs.

Remember those earlier pre-Direct leaks on small latin news sites? That could happen, so whatever that's going to be revealed on Tuesday could leak earlier.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If the direct reveals online hosting rooms with item edits I'm personally going believe the PoR debunks of Ridley and K. Rool and mark them off of my possible expectations.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pac-man would be as much of a hype killer as Miis. It's not that I don't want him, but I'd prefer to see them also revealed with other popular characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom