• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I believe some leaks listed her as an AT. Too lazy to look back, plus not all leaks are in the first post.
There's the Sandbag one and the Mr. Prediction one (both fake), just from what topic search is telling me. Izzy's a pretty easy guess though.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Well this smash direct will kill quite a few leaks! Maybe even prove one or two right.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This upcoming direct is Snake's best chance I believe. Well technically he was decided long before but it would be the best place to show him if he returns.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
He's also never voiced Raiden before, so picking him up to voice him in the new smash wouldn't make much sense.
If he was in he'd probably used recycled lines like gray fox, slash a few times then disappear, He can't do much else.
Once again, it was mocap.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To keep this thing rumor based, what supposed leaks do you want to see confirmed and ones do you want to die.

I want the Chaos Zero one to die.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Kinda funny how some people are so desperate for the slightest hint of info they are willing to take emails or faked pics out of context. Sure not having a March character reveal sucked, but just sit back and enjoy the anticipation guys. There is a Smash Direct next week. Should be sweet :)

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
No direct-"leaks" and "rumors" yet ?
Now is the time. Not that I want false leaks, never.... :troll:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
4/8, if the newcomer is Chrom... the Tin Star/Sheriff leak will be a step closer.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
No direct-"leaks" and "rumors" yet ?
Now is the time. Not that I want false leaks, never.... :troll:
I can exclusively reveal that every single Nintendo character ever will be confirmed playable next Tuesday during the direct. The roster size will total over 10,000 there'll be a search bar at the top of the character select screen.

Do you feel satisfied?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
But Chrom is one of the safest choices there is. Having him confirmed would kill very few rosters, if it kills any at all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think most of us already predicted that there would be a Direct on April based on the "every other month" pattern. But did any leaks say there would be a Smash Direct? Did they say that there would be a Nintendo Direct that is all about Smash and nothing but Smash? That this Direct would occur exactly on April 8, 2014?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
But Chrom is one of the safest choices there is. Having him confirmed would kill very few rosters, if it kills any at all.
It would be like when Diddy was revealed without Dixie, enough leaks include Chrom and Lucina as a tag team that just Chrom by himself would probably knock out 1/3 of the active leaks.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm 99.9% sure that a **** ton of "leaks" will be slaughtered from this Nintendo Direct. Can't wait!
The gore will be beautiful

A severed assist trophy here
a dismantled item there
fallen characters everywhere
broken dreams littering the ground
the taste of salt clinging to the air
the cries of butthurt fans ringing through the fields
the drums of flame wars echoing through the streets
Forked tongues sliding across the lips of trolls lying in wait
the smell food and drink spilled over keyboards in either anguish or ecstasy

The upcoming days will be bliss for the blood thirsty

You need not hide your wives
You need not hide your kids
For no one will be safe from what is to come

LF2K

Floor Diver
Everyone's hyped for the Direct, so I guess the leaks might be slow for now. :smirk:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It's not so much leaks, as the stupid expectations of people that will be shown. The attitudes of being "hyped" and excited and the cries of "Our Lord Sakurai" will all be turned to the scorning of Sakurai as characters that where never going to make it, do not appear before their eyes.

Look at how many people say that a leaked (even if fake) roster sucks because it doesn't have that ONE character they want. People seriously need to get their minds right.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's not so much leaks, as the stupid expectations of people that will be shown. The attitudes of being "hyped" and excited and the cries of "Our Lord Sakurai" will all be turned to the scorning of Sakurai as characters that where never going to make it, do not appear before their eyes.

Look at how many people say that a leaked (even if fake) roster sucks because it doesn't have that ONE character they want. People seriously need to get their minds right.
I don't understand your mind set. It's the same as with people that always keep there expectations low to not be disappointed. Dreaming about possibilities and talking about them with your friends and peers is an incredibly rewarding social experience. The elation that comes with being right or the disappointment that comes with being wrong are both wonderfully human emotions.... really, what's wrong with feeling? With being excited about something? Yeah, it's just a game.....but aren't we wasting an inordinate amount of time discussing said game on a website?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, I'm super excited when it comes to all the deconfirmations coming up.

I don't know if Ridley will be revealed as a playable character, but I have feeling that we will know whether or not he is a stage hazard, and that right there will knock a few of these leaks out (one way or the other.)

Gaxel

Smash Ace
If the Betternet leak is real... I honestly will think that this might be the worst list of newcomers for any smash game ever made.

Am I really the only one that thinks Chrom + Lucina as one character is a real waste? I want to play as one or the other... Ice Climbers is an exception because if it was just one climber, it wouldn't be as intimidating.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If the Betternet leak is real... I honestly will think that this might be the worst list of newcomers for any smash game ever made.
Of course it would be. It also might be the kick in the teeth the fanbase needs to realize that Sakurai isn't infallible where the roster is concerned.

Doesn't look like Isabelle has any bearing on anything in here, but some "leaks" do still list Tom Nook as an AT. I don't have much faith in those anymore (not that I had much to begin with), considering two new Animal Crossing ATs plus Resetti is probably pushing things a bit.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Am I really the only one that thinks Chrom + Lucina as one character is a real waste? I want to play as one or the other... Ice Climbers is an exception because if it was just one climber, it wouldn't be as intimidating.
Chrom + Lucina seems like a terrible idea, it would water down both characters in my opinion. Who knows though? Could be cool. The betternet new comers aren't all that terrible. Megaman, Villager, Takamaru, Palutena, and Little Mac are all characters I really wanted. A bigger problem is that the cuts + the newcomers equal make the roster seem bland.

Dairz

Smash Ace
If a release date is confirmed next week, then the Betternet leak is fake. C'mon, release date...

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Apparently Hideki Kamiya tweeted about the Direct on his Twitter but, I can't read Japanese... Can someone skim through his tweets? It shouldn't be over 2 days ago.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya

If he did mention the Direct, this might mean W101 or Bayonetta for Sm4sh? Or simply just another trailer for Bayonetta.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Actually the Chrom + Lucina thing is more like a transformation (according to the betternet leak), but I agree that it gives less importance to each character.

The real leak to what'll happen in the direct will probably be posted somewhere an hour before it starts. By that time most people would rather see the direct without being spoiled.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Apparently Hideki Kamiya tweeted about the Direct on his Twitter but, I can't read Japanese... Can someone skim through his tweets? It shouldn't be over 2 days ago.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya

If he did mention the Direct, this might mean W101 or Bayonetta for Sm4sh? Or simply just another trailer for Bayonetta.
IIRC, that was just people messing around. Even ignoring that, the rough translation doesn't pull anything up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom