• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I like that the leaker at least went the distance to suggest that there would be reasons for Rosalina's, Shulk's and Owain's inclusions. Shows some imagination if nothing else.

If Owain will be the star of the NEXT FE game, it actually does make sense.

And that's why I hope the game comes out everywhere at the same time so I can be genuinely surprised about some of the roster.
Sadly, hasn't happened to date and I doubt it ever will. :\

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
What does it say?
apparently it's from 4chan it says:
Hello! Recently I was able to get a lot of info on the upcoming Smash Bros from my friend who is a higher up on the development team. Here is some info that I have.

Mario Newcomers
1. Rosalina and Luma *
2. Bowser Jr

Pokemon Newcomers
No newcomers, however Mewtwo is back.

Zelda Newcomers
No newcomers

Donkey Kong Newcomers
3. King K Rool

Kirby Newcomers
No newcomers.

Animal Crossing Newcomers
4. Villager

Metroid Newcomers
5. Ridley

Wario Newcomers
No newcomers

Yoshi Newcomers
No newcomers

Star Fox Newcomers
No newcomers

Fire Emblem Newcomers
6. Owain **

F-Zero Newcomers
No newcomers

Earthbound Newcomers
No newcomers

Kid Icarus Newcomers
7. Palutena

Pikmin Newcomers
No newcomers

Wii Newcomers
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Mii

Punch Out Newcomers
10. Little Mac

Golden Sun newcomers
11. Isaac

X Newcomers
12. Shulk ***

Retro Newcomers
13. Lip

3rd Party Newcomer
14. Mega Man
15. Pac Man

I wasn't able to get any info on things like Assist Trophies or stages etc, but I was able to find out that each character will have an alternate costume. On top of that some other info that my friend was able to find out while working on development.

*Rosalina will be in a game of her own, and it should be released this year. The game has been in the works for a while now and it was a key reason to her inclusion. No clue on what the game is about yet.

**The reason Owain was added was because he will be the main character of the next Fire Emblem game. Apparently they wanted the next game to have close ties to Awakening thanks to its success and will focus closely on 2nd gen characters. They used Owain thanks to his popularity and to branch a little bit from Chrom's exact line of family. Game should be out next year.

***Shulk is going to play a large part in the next X game. They want to have a face for the series, and felt Shulk was a good direction. He was most likely added to Smash for those reasons.

That is all I was able to get for now. If I ever get more info in the future from my friend I will try my best to tell you guys what I have.
No reason to trust it but I like it's character choices anyway...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We have seen this leak before, anyway I am calling it fake, although I do believe Rosalina will get her own game.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah Owain being the star of his own game?
Rosalina getting her own game?
As much as I want the latter both of these are very unlikely.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Because I don't think Ridley is going to be playable. Mostly because he's already hinted to be a stage hazard, among some other reasons.
Samus has a lot of enemies, just so you know. Plus, Pyrosphere has been known for months, and no word of a stage hazard.

What are your other reasons?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yeah Owain being the star of his own game?
Rosalina getting her own game?
As much as I want the latter both of these are very unlikely.
I could easily see Rosalina getting her own game and he could be right that Owain is the next FE lord.

As I said, at least he had some imagination and it wasn't just playing it safe.

Though, I agree: the last thing we need is Bowser Jr., especially because I'm sure he'd have all the tools for success that Bowser needed but never got, heh.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Because I don't think Ridley is going to be playable. Mostly because he's already hinted to be a stage hazard, among some other reasons.
I wouldn't automatically dismiss for a not wanted character. I never really debunk for a character I really don't find likely. Even, say, Pac-Man, Shulk, some others.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Samus has a lot of enemies, just so you know. Plus, Pyrosphere has been known for months, and no word of a stage hazard.

Being neutral ground here.
I always find it hilarious that no one ever thinks of Vorash.
You know, the boss of Pyrosphere?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I mean, Ridley is definitely the enemy from Samus's past given her traumatic history with him.
It's just a matter of what Sakurai was trying to accomplish with that statement.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Those holes in the Pyrosphere are also apparently the holes Ridley LEAVES through after being beaten by Samus.

Plus, since when do stage hazards have to be canonically accurate? The Ultimate Chimera comes to mind. Cresselia, too.

Heck, the enemy from Samus's past could even be referring to Phantoon or Nightmare, who both reappeared in Other M.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The problem with that line of thinking is that the stage doesn't just generally take place in the Pyrosphere, it takes place on the arena where you fought Ridley.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The problem with that line of thinking is that the stage doesn't just generally take place in the Pyrosphere, it takes place on the arena where you fought Ridley.
This could easily mean that it's Ridley's home stage.
Like if we got Bowser's castle before we got Bowser and Sakurai hinted about Bowser nobody would jump to the conclusion that he's a stage hazard.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean, Ridley is definitely the enemy from Samus's past given her traumatic history with him.
It's just a matter of what Sakurai was trying to accomplish with that statement.
To be fair, it was vague.
It could really mean anything (past could mean something long ago, or even more recent).

Those holes in the Pyrosphere are also apparently the holes Ridley LEAVES through after being beaten by Samus.
This, contradicts with:
Plus, since when do stage hazards have to be canonically accurate? The Ultimate Chimera comes to mind. Cresselia, too.
Exactly.
The holes could've been put in as a neat little Easter egg.

To be fair.
Smash isn't one close to canon. Look at Ultimate Chimera, or Cresselia.
And hey, who's to say we're getting a stage hazard period?

And trust me, this is all coming from someone who could care less about Ridley.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As much as I'd like Isaac, I don't see him getting in as a playable character. He missed his boat on Brawl. Lip also seems like an extremely unlikely retro rep IMO.

Fake, we don't need a sixth Mario character
Wow... Just wow.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This could easily mean that it's Ridley's home stage.
Like if we got Bowser's castle before we got Bowser and Sakurai hinted about Bowser nobody would jump to the conclusion that he's a stage hazard.
"Bowser's Castle. An enemy from Mario's past may appear at any moment."

:troll:

@ Substitution Substitution You literally said my quotes contradict each other, then used the EXACT SAME examples that I did to prove your point. We're on the same side here, I think.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Guys, do know that what Sakurai said about the thing from 'Samus' Past' IS Ridley, since he used the Japanese name for what Ridley is usually called there. But no, this does not say he's a Hazard, OR Playable. It doesn't hint more to either of them.

So please, let's drop the Ridley talk in this thread, and go back to Rumors, ok?

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera

Samus has a lot of enemies, but Ridley is the fight from that spot in the Pyrosphere, and is also the character most like what Sakurai described. Traumatic characters for Samus: Mother Brain (Assist trophy), Adam (not an enemy), Baby (Possible, but not fitting with the stage), SA-X (Not fitting for the stage), Ridley (fits description, fight him in this spot, Samus has mental breakdown right before fight). It's obviously not 100% Ridley Stage hazard until confirmed, it just seems likely.

I'd rather not discuss other reasons why I don't think Ridley is playable because I feel like that's off topic. You can PM me if you really want to know though.

I wouldn't automatically dismiss for a not wanted character. I never really debunk for a character I really don't find likely. Even, say, Pac-Man, Shulk, some others.
Well not really an unwanted character, just one I don't find likely based on evidence we have (Sakurai implying he's a stage hazard). I don't find Miis or Pac-Man likely but I don't dismiss because of them. I dismiss Ridley because of Sakurai's statement, and because I feel like Ridley is just an attention grabber trolls use. If some other stage hazard is revealed for Pyrosphere, I'll be open to Ridley suggestions again.
Vorash is not even memorable, let alone traumatic. You also don't fight Vorash in the area the stage is modeled after. You fight Ridley.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Vorash is not even memorable, let alone traumatic. You also don't fight Vorash in the area the stage is modeled after. You fight Ridley.
Implying Ridley's scene was tragic.
I don't know about you, but I thought it was a complete mess of a scene.

But enough about awful stories.

Let me reiterate my points.
1. Smash isn't one to follow canon. Look as Cesselia at Spear Pillar.
2. You know Sakurai, he loves detail.
It could be there as a reference.
3. I have a better idea.
Why do we need a stage hazard in the first place?

If you want to talk further, I'll be in the Character Discussion thread.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Implying Ridley's scene was tragic.
I don't know about you, but I thought it was a complete mess of a scene.

But enough about awful stories.

Let me reiterate my points.
1. Smash isn't one to follow canon. Look as Cesselia at Spear Pillar.
2. You know Sakurai, he loves detail.
It could be there as a reference.
3. I have a better idea.
Why do we need a stage hazard in the first place?

If you want to talk further, I'll be in the Character Discussion thread.
I don't think Samus would have a break down at all, so I'm with you. As for everything else, it's completely possible that everything you've said is true. There may be no stage hazard at all, a different hazard, or Sakurai could have never meant to imply a stage hazard. I agree. I just need to see evidence contrary to my interpretation to believe otherwise (Not asking you to find it, sooner or later Ridley will be confirmed or disconfirmed)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ Substitution Substitution You literally said my quotes contradict each other, then used the EXACT SAME examples that I did to prove your point. We're on the same side here, I think.
Exactly.
You bring up how it can only be Ridley, but then you say it doesn't have to be "canonically accurate".
So, are we implying a double standard here?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

Heck, the enemy from Samus's past could even be referring to Phantoon or Nightmare, who both reappeared in Other M.
Not at all referring to anyone but Ridley. Read the Japanese version of the post and it goes into detailing saying "traumatizing".

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Exactly.
You bring up how it can only be Ridley, but then you say it doesn't have to be "canonically accurate".
So, are we implying a double standard here?
I said the Pyrosphere holes were from when Ridley leaves. I'd heard that's what happened in Other M, but I may be wrong.

It was a reason for Ridley to NOT be a stage hazard.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just like he was so out there and unlikely to be playable in Brawl...

What evidence protects him? I'm not saying I expect him to be cut, but he's not a lock. And of all the characters, he's definitely one of the more likely to be cut.
If you must know

1 he's the first robot character (megaman is the second)

2 he's the first real world character (our world)

3 he's a retro and this guys are locks (and from evidence plausable Mach rider could be the 5th but I'm doubtful about It though)

4 believe it or not he got in the same marth and ness got in the series

5 he's extremely loved in usa and more importantly japan so tht favors him (even though mac prove it might be equal this time)

6 R.O.B moveset is easy to implent due to robotic movements

So basicly the only reason rob coud be kicked is because of time contrast

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
As much as I'd like Isaac, I don't see him getting in as a playable character. He missed his boat on Brawl. Lip also seems like an extremely unlikely retro rep IMO.
Could have said that about Little Mac. Could say that about Ridley, too.

"Missing their chance" doesn't apply.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I find it pretty hilarious that someone who is so adamant that Sonic deserves a second rep because it's "so iconic" would look down his nose at... FREAKING MARIO getting another rep.
This is not about the Sonic franchise anymore! Five representatives from one franchise is as much as we've had so far, so we really don't need a sixth mario character, because that would make the Mario franchise bowl over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom