• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd argue this isn't true, but I don't really care if it is.

Obscure characters that never got a chance to shine deserve representation too, IMO. :)
Well, who would you say isn't? Because I explained the Ice Climbers, Game and Watch and ROB.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
All star is something almost impossible to achive, like tetris, mario or minecraft. Is something that everybody knows.
No it's not. Just because a bunch of little kids don't know a game, it doesn't mean it won't be All Star. To begin with, a cod crowd wouldn't even knew the most famous ones since they don't truly care about games but only care to what media tells them it's the trendy thing to like in order to fit in. They are not a good example of anything

To exemplify, many people who don't read comics won't even know who The Atom is. But inside DC Comics roster, he can STILL be considered an All-Star, for his status as a silver-age classic, hero of many stories and being well-known by real comic readers. It doesn't matter if the trendy crowd only know about the ones that appear im movies because the trendy crowd only know about 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of all there is to know anyway.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
You obviously don't understand what I am saying. My point is if the roster ends up being full of a bunch of characters that we will see coming, I will be very disappointed. I am NOT saying that the entire roster should be a bunch of "nobody type characters" just have some characters we don't already are guessing on. (So far I am liking the roster so far)
The fact that we're all on Smashboards and people suggest characters as obscure as Daitoryo and Prince Sable means chances are none of us are going to be surprised at the final roster...

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
So you'd rather have a bunch of characters nobody gives a **** about over a bunch of characters that should be in a game celebrating Nintendo's history?

....cause you know that makes any sense at all.
I mean I would. When Melee came out I didn't recognize a good chunk of the roster (I was 11 at the time and nowhere near as versed in Nintendo lore as I am now) but I think the fun of Smash Bros is getting to know characters you know nothing about. I never played Kid Icarus for the NES til after Brawl came out and i downloaded it from the Wii eshop. So why shouldn't lesser knowns from unique franchises be worthy? I'd rather have 10 obscure characters that I could play as and learn about than the ability to play as Ridley or Cranky Kong or Toad

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Don't want to break out the numbers again, but Punch-Out Wii was a big success, it sold over 1.12 million copies and was the second most pirated Wii game the year it came out, being downloaded 950,000 times in 2009.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Well, who would you say isn't? Because I explained the Ice Climbers, Game and Watch and ROB.
I think we'd be arguing semantics, but I wouldn't stretch the term "All-Star" to cover any of those characters.

In sports, "All-Star" usually refers to a player in the top 1% of their game. Think Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Bo Jackson, etc. I would say "All-Star" only applies to Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Megaman and Pikachu (maybe Samus), out of the current lineup.

It's not just selling a lot of games, but to be around and relevant over the years. Even Samus and Pit, while very recognizable, went for periods during which they had 0 new games and just wound up falling to the backburner.

But again, this is semantics and "All-Star" may mean something different to you than it does to me and I'm not about to tell you you're wrong in your interpretation of it. :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Don't want to break out the numbers again, but Punch-Out Wii was a big success, it sold over 1.12 million copies and was the second most pirated Wii game the year it came out, being downloaded 950,000 times in 2009.
What was the first? 0.o

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What was the first? 0.o
New Super Mario Bros. Wii was downloaded 1,150,000 times in 2009, and I'm sure multiple millions of times since then. It also sold like 27 million copies though.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I think we'd be arguing semantics, but I wouldn't stretch the term "All-Star" to cover any of those characters.

In sports, "All-Star" usually refers to a player in the top 1% of their game. Think Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Bo Jackson, etc. I would say "All-Star" only applies to Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Megaman and Pikachu (maybe Samus), out of the current lineup.

It's not just selling a lot of games, but to be around and relevant over the years. Even Samus and Pit, while very recognizable, went for periods during which they had 0 new games and just wound up falling to the backburner.

But again, this is semantics and "All-Star" may mean something different to you than it does to me and I'm not about to tell you you're wrong in your interpretation of it. :)
So is there a reason you dropped Kirby and Sonic in the epoch of all-star Smash mascots?

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Warning Received

This is what I am trying to say. People try to defend there loved ones but we are not saying that they are irrelevant. They are just not inside the god tier club. You like them, all right. But they are not Mario or Pikachu famous.

So is there a reason you dropped Kirby and Sonic in the epoch of all-star Smash mascots?
Sonic is, Kirby is not. Sorry, auahua everyone ask to me which pokemon Kirby is.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Like I said in the post, semantics.

My opinion of Kirby, Sonic and their games is completely irrelevant to anything, including anyone else's enjoyment of those games, and even if I did want to beat my head bloody against that brick wall (which I absolutely do not want to do), this isn't the thread for it. ;)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Uhh... Wolf is most certainly an all-star.
I wouldn't have considered him an all-star. Even by purely Nintendo standards (as opposed to all of gaming culture) I figured an all-star character would be very hard to ignore or miss even if you don't play their game.

Coming from someone who isn't a starfox fan I had never heard of Wolf before Brawl, I knew Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Andross (vaguely, I identified him as the main villain of starfox) and Krystal before brawl......heck I even knew prince Tricky before brawl.

Wolf completely blindsided me.

(Personally I don't think smash characters have to be gaming all-stars. Just being Nintendo all-stars is enough)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sonic is, Kirby is not. Sorry, auahua everyone ask to me which pokemon Kirby is.
Kirby is DEFINITELY an All-Star. He's been around for longer than Pikachu on every handheld and console Nintendo has made, selling well in every installation he's been in.

T

Trick or Treat

"I don't want to derail the thread, but I'll do it anyway."

Seriously. Character discussion and this thread should not mix.
So just start giving out warnings already. Posting about it isn't much better and obviously doesn't work, as you can see.

Anyway, who wants to talk about Palutena again?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Warning Received
So just start giving out warnings already. Posting about it isn't much better and obviously doesn't work, as you can see.

Anyway, who wants to talk about Palutena again?
>KJHF<NDSUI<BGFJ<NDUEFILKWILHBIDFUKJURNOILafhlkdjgkhitulsdnfihlq3o;er';algkjpwhro4w5eilrjkggi54unPALUTENAerwkhjILUKHGBKUITFLEAKYUKURKIL>UYIUFKJH$I*RFJK><JYFEMARIOSHDHLKJFLDOEHJGFLKDJ&JKHFEOUUUFEI$JNWKGRWY$FNKJ LK>FEHWSMASHFEJK*EIKMFNEW(E$#L?GKHN<

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Let´s go back to the topic.

If Palutena rumour is true, you think that she gonna be show in April direct or E3? Those months to come gonna kill almost ALL rumours...

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The funny thing is, if Lady Palutena is confirmed, she's just gonna support almost every leak that existed after her leak was shown. :laugh:

Except Eren. I look forward to seeing his leak die a slow, painful death. :demon:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If Palutena rumour is true, you think that she gonna be show in April direct or E3? Those months to come gonna kill almost ALL rumours...
I hope that the newcomer confirmed is Isaac as Golden Sun is getting released on VC in April. Plus I don't see Palutena getting confirmed until after the games release like all the unlockable characters will be.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want to see some new comer final smashes, a couple leaks could die if they are really unexpected.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If Isaac and/or Palutena get confirmed and are secret characters, what way would you guys like to unlock them? What events or conditions would you like to be required to unlock/get a chance to fight them?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I have a feeling it will be the true oddball of this game, since sakurai loves trolling and April 1st is the day of trolling.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Hyuck! Come everybodyyyy! Let's go over the Palutena leak for the 1000th time. It'll be oodles of fun!

But seriously, why not hunt for leaks in corners of the net? Would be way more constructive.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Probably April Direct is the best time for Palutena.
Hyuck! Come everybodyyyy! Let's go over the Palutena leak for the 1000th time. It'll be oodles of fun!

But seriously, why not hunt for leaks in corners of the net? Would be way more constructive.
And more progressive.

The funny thing is, if Lady Palutena is confirmed, she's just gonna support almost every leak that existed after her leak was shown. :laugh:

Except Eren. I look forward to seeing his leak die a slow, painful death. :demon:
And it won't benefit any leak at all.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You obviously don't understand what I am saying. My point is if the roster ends up being full of a bunch of characters that we will see coming, I will be very disappointed. I am NOT saying that the entire roster should be a bunch of "nobody type characters" just have some characters we don't already are guessing on. (So far I am liking the roster so far)

You don't seem to understand at all what I am saying. I will go further than I intended to make my point though. Honestly who are we missing of these "Allstar Nintendo Cast" We got them all basically. We got all the characters needed in most of series. People are begging for "icing on the cake characters" (ex. Daisy, Toad, Prince Fluff.... lol) which I don't understand at all. What I ment to say is I want characters that people are not guessing on, characters that do not have existing series on Smash, Like Wonder Red, Dillion, Hell even Captain Rainbow I would be ok with. But do we NEED characters like daisy, toad, toon zelda, dark samus and soo on, characters that are not really all stars. Now I am ok with choices like Chrom, Mewtwo, Palutena, maybe even Ridley, because they are technically important and requested a lot more for the game.
Makes more sense when you put it that way, I agree.

You made it seem like the crazier more out there more UNguessable the better! where as I'm in the boat that still thinks there are some key nintendo all stars that should be repped before we go WAY out there with character choices...

Sakurai however goes out there sometimes before getting the necessary stars in first and that bugs me because those necessary stars have fans and feel like they should be in the game where as the crazy characters don't so much.

Again, I feel like there are still some key "holes" in the roster and people are waiting on those characters (ridley, dixie kong, mewtwo come to mind).

I'm the type who after melee AND brawl didn't have my most wanted character(little mac) and would look at characters like ice climbers and think "Why! Why them and not someone far more deserving!?", Not that I don't like some of the out there choices it's just they really need to take a back seat to the all time star characters. Again, one or two out there choices is fun but too many picked over characters people are waiting for JUST for the sole purpose of being unguessable irks me to no end.

I agree we are getting to the point where the roster will have every main series nicely repped and theres plenty of room for other interesting choices (infact some of my most wanted characters are weird retro reps), but we are not there yet and despite me WANTING some out there stuff that doesn't mean I want them in OVER those last few remaining "necessary" characters. The roster will feel "off" without them... that was one of my biggest problems with brawl it felt...almost there... all im hoping for this time is the brawl roster that should have been and we are already almost there (if there aren't massive cuts of course).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wouldn't have considered him an all-star. Even by purely Nintendo standards (as opposed to all of gaming culture) I figured an all-star character would be very hard to ignore or miss even if you don't play their game.

Coming from someone who isn't a starfox fan I had never heard of Wolf before Brawl, I knew Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Andross (vaguely, I identified him as the main villain of starfox) and Krystal before brawl......heck I even knew prince Tricky before brawl.

Wolf completely blindsided me.

(Personally I don't think smash characters have to be gaming all-stars. Just being Nintendo all-stars is enough)
I'm pretty sure most people know who Star Wolf are. Essentially they're the main rivals of Star Fox, and Wolf is obviously the leader of the crew.

If anything Wolf is in the games more than Andross (due to multiple encounters with him in several games).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Those months to come gonna kill almost ALL rumours...
I'm sure there will be some leftover unlockable newcomers we've not seen yet and won't be absolutely confirmed until release.

We didn't know the real full roster of Brawl until after the game was released in Japan and they were unlocking all of the characters.

I seem to recall wearing out my F5 key that night, heh...

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm sure there will be some leftover unlockable newcomers we've not seen yet and won't be absolutely confirmed until release.

We didn't know the real full roster of Brawl until after the game was released in Japan and they were unlocking all of the characters.
And that's why I hope the game comes out everywhere at the same time so I can be genuinely surprised about some of the roster.

@Above leak: Owain? Honestly, that's the only real oddity for this roster.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
From 4chan so take with a grain of salt.

Hello! Recently I was able to get a lot of info on the upcoming Smash Bros from my friend who is a higher up on the development team. Here is some info that I have.

Mario Newcomers
1. Rosalina and Luma *
2. Bowser Jr

Pokemon Newcomers
No newcomers, however Mewtwo is back.

Zelda Newcomers
No newcomers

Donkey Kong Newcomers
3. King K Rool

Kirby Newcomers
No newcomers.

Animal Crossing Newcomers
4. Villager

Metroid Newcomers
5. Ridley

Wario Newcomers
No newcomers

Yoshi Newcomers
No newcomers

Star Fox Newcomers
No newcomers

Fire Emblem Newcomers
6. Owain **

F-Zero Newcomers
No newcomers

Earthbound Newcomers
No newcomers

Kid Icarus Newcomers
7. Palutena

Pikmin Newcomers
No newcomers

Wii Newcomers
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Mii

Punch Out Newcomers
10. Little Mac

Golden Sun newcomers
11. Isaac

X Newcomers
12. Shulk ***

Retro Newcomers
13. Lip

3rd Party Newcomer
14. Mega Man
15. Pac Man

I wasn't able to get any info on things like Assist Trophies or stages etc, but I was able to find out that each character will have an alternate costume. On top of that some other info that my friend was able to find out while working on development.

*Rosalina will be in a game of her own, and it should be released this year. The game has been in the works for a while now and it was a key reason to her inclusion. No clue on what the game is about yet.

**The reason Owain was added was because he will be the main character of the next Fire Emblem game. Apparently they wanted the next game to have close ties to Awakening thanks to its success and will focus closely on 2nd gen characters. They used Owain thanks to his popularity and to branch a little bit from Chrom's exact line of family. Game should be out next year.

***Shulk is going to play a large part in the next X game. They want to have a face for the series, and felt Shulk was a good direction. He was most likely added to Smash for those reasons.

That is all I was able to get for now. If I ever get more info in the future from my friend I will try my best to tell you guys what I have.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Hello! Recently I was able to get a lot of info on the upcoming Smash Bros from my friend who is a higher up on the development team.
Yeah, because they don't sign non-disclosure contracts or anything.

God, these fake leakers really need to get more creative than this. :glare:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
What does it say?
"Hello! Recently I was able to get a lot of info on the upcoming Smash Bros from my friend who is a higher up on the development team. Here is some info that I have.

Mario Newcomers
1. Rosalina and Luma *
2. Bowser Jr

Pokemon Newcomers
No newcomers, however Mewtwo is back.

Zelda Newcomers
No newcomers

Donkey Kong Newcomers
3. King K Rool

Kirby Newcomers
No newcomers.

Animal Crossing Newcomers
4. Villager

Metroid Newcomers
5. Ridley

Wario Newcomers
No newcomers

Yoshi Newcomers
No newcomers

Star Fox Newcomers
No newcomers

Fire Emblem Newcomers
6. Owain **

F-Zero Newcomers
No newcomers

Earthbound Newcomers
No newcomers

Kid Icarus Newcomers
7. Palutena

Pikmin Newcomers
No newcomers

Wii Newcomers
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Mii

Punch Out Newcomers
10. Little Mac

Golden Sun newcomers
11. Isaac

X Newcomers
12. Shulk ***

Retro Newcomers
13. Lip

3rd Party Newcomer
14. Mega Man
15. Pac Man

I wasn't able to get any info on things like Assist Trophies or stages etc, but I was able to find out that each character will have an alternate costume. On top of that some other info that my friend was able to find out while working on development.

*Rosalina will be in a game of her own, and it should be released this year. The game has been in the works for a while now and it was a key reason to her inclusion. No clue on what the game is about yet.

**The reason Owain was added was because he will be the main character of the next Fire Emblem game. Apparently they wanted the next game to have close ties to Awakening thanks to its success and will focus closely on 2nd gen characters. They used Owain thanks to his popularity and to branch a little bit from Chrom's exact line of family. Game should be out next year.

***Shulk is going to play a large part in the next X game. They want to have a face for the series, and felt Shulk was a good direction. He was most likely added to Smash for those reasons.

That is all I was able to get for now. If I ever get more info in the future from my friend I will try my best to tell you guys what I have."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom