• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
You apparently didn't read the entire post, because the person you replied to earlier (papagenos) said the occasional left field choice was okay. :facepalm:
Yeah I know, but I was against the critical and theatrical tone. About Nintendo all star and stuff. And I don´t think that is already a lot of wtf chars besides Wii Trainer.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly what I don't get is when people see a roster leak, if it does not look safe (Like having characters like Dixie, Ridley, Pac man, etc) then it is automatically fake. If the final roster for SSB4 is just a bunch of boring characters and nothing new or surprising then I will be really disappointed in the roster. Throw in some characters no one will see coming (Like ROB, Lucas, Pit from ssbb for example), the roster is looking good so far, but I hope it's not just a bunch of safe options. I could care less about Dixie Kong being in Smash, same with Ridley and so on. Throw in some random *** Japan exclusive character that will make us want to know "Who the **** is that guy". Honestly the characters I want to see in SSB4 that are safe is Mewtwo, and Chrom, everyone else should surprise me I hope.

tldr; I hope they put in characters in smash that are not safe options.
So you'd rather have a bunch of characters nobody gives a **** about over a bunch of characters that should be in a game celebrating Nintendo's history?

....cause you know that makes any sense at all.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah I know, but I was againt the critical and theatrical tone. About Nintendo all star and stuff
Yeah, but you can't just ignore half of the post to make a point.

Smash is a Nintendo All-Star game. That's pretty much what its Japanese name translates to.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah no way will there be 2 Namco reps. I can't even think of another worthy Namco character other than Pacman to be included to be honest (well, maybe Ms Pac Man but I highly doubt we're going to be getting clones of 3rd parties).

I also highly doubt that Fire Emblem would get the same amount of representation as Kirby, Donkey Kong and Star Fox at this point in time. Unless they're bringing back the Melee cuts, but the "5 pokemon reps" kills that anyway.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Yeah, but you can't just ignore half of the post to make a point.

Smash is a Nintendo All-Star game. That's pretty much what its Japanese name translates to.
I will not continue to not lost focus on this topic. But Smash Bros. is not nintendo all star because it is impossible in reality. There is no more all star left. Little Mac is ALMOST in that level, but his fame died after the 80´s. Is just a fun game for nintendo fans and I am not ignoring half of his post, he thinks that little strange chars is all right. I think there is no such thing as strange, everyone deserve IF the gameplay, personality and nintendo background is there.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Yeah I know, but I was against the critical and theatrical tone. About Nintendo all star and stuff. And I don´t think that is already a lot of wtf chars besides Wii Trainer.
There shouldn't be "a lot" of wtf characters, there should only be a couple.

I will not continue to not lost focus on this topic. But Smash Bros. is not nintendo all star because it is impossible in reality. There is no more all star left. Little Mac is ALMOST in that level, but his fame died after the 80´s. Is just a fun game for nintendo fans and I am not ignoring half of his post, he thinks that little strange chars is all right. I think there is no such thing as strange, everyone deserve IF the gameplay, personality and nintendo background is there.
That's not true at all. That basically means that any character from a Nintendo series can get in. All of Paper Mario's partners? Sure, I can think of movesets for them. Every single Pokemon? No problem! Any one-shot character from a Zelda game? Hell, let's add Epona too!

No.

That just wouldn't work. I don't want just "any character with personality and a moveset" to make it in. Obviously I want fun characters, but that doesn't mean filling the roster with a bunch of wacky characters that no one cares much about.

Though I would so love it if Vivian was playable <3
Quick, someone find a leak with Vivian in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
His fame died after the 80s? What about Punch-Out Wii?

The Ice Climbers represented the NES. Game and Watch is the grandfather of all video games. ROB saved the entire industry in the 80s. They're all massively important to Nintendo's history.

Smash IS a Nintendo All-Star game, and it's been that way for 15 years.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
His fame died after the 80s? What about Punch-Out Wii?

The Ice Climbers represented the NES. Game and Watch is the grandfather of all video games. ROB saved the entire industry in the 80s. They're all massively important to Nintendo's history.

Smash IS a Nintendo All-Star game, and it's been that way for 15 years.
Little Mac fame died dude, I know I was in the funeral :/ I tryed show Punch Out Wii to my friends and how awesome it is. Everybody just want call of duty, never gave little mac a chance. I mean sold well, like Pikmin. But if you show Olimar to somebody good luck finding anyone that knows who he is. He ain´t all star either.
This talk about all star is toxic to the franchise, sorry. MOST of the roster is not all star.

And rob saved the industry? What? I didn´t knew that.

That just wouldn't work. I don't want just "any character with personality and a moveset" to make it in. Obviously I want fun characters, but that doesn't mean filling the roster with a bunch of wacky characters that no one cares much about.

Though I would so love it if Vivian was playable <3
Quick, someone find a leak with Vivian in it.
Epona can´t be in because don´t have personality and rich nintendo background. You see, there is some parameters but not this crazy all star hierarchy.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As unique as the Ice Climbers are, I feel like they need a popular NES game to really represent the NES... Let's face it, a lot of us had never heard of the Ice Climbers before Melee. I don't want them cut, but I don't think that they can truly represent the console.

Duck Hunt Dog would perfectly represent the NES, due to the overwhelming success and infamy of the Duck Hunt game (28 million copies sold, c'mon).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe your friends aren't the best examples on what makes a Nintendo character an all star. :p

I found this ... it looks like a rumor but the person who wrote it didn't say he knew for sure those informations ...

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1999203-just-speculation/

what do you think ?
What does it say. :p

Well I read the info. :p
Hi I only want to do some ""speculation"" about Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS

I ""think"" there will be a newcomer from The Legend of Zeldaseries ,I ""think"" Tingle will be great

I ""think"" Shulk will be playable due to Japanese demand and I ""think"" they will confirm him during the E3 2014

I ""think"" Mach Rider will be playable ,I ""think"" because Nintendo wants to make another game from that series

I ""think"" Nintendo is making an Ice Climbers game for the 3DS Nintendo E-Shop and I ""think"" Masahiro will confirm Popo & Nana when it will come out

I ""think"" the Wonder Red ,Saki ,Isaac ,Ashley Robbins and the StreetPass Quest Heroes will be some assist trophies

I ""think"" Cookie Country ,Sector 6 ,Katina and Fallen Arm will be stages

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I can't believe someone tried to pass this off as legit...
That's just sad. And I'll break it down because I'm bored:

1: Finn isn't Nintendo.
2: The Pit/Pika pic is from months ago (forgot the date), talking about how Pika's T-jolt won't stop the Upperdash Arm and all.
3: That's also the same pic used for Pit on that Famitsu thing, right?

It's like ppl aren't even trying anymore since the Palutena leak, which actually happens to be the best one that hasn't been topped yet.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Little Mac fame died dude, I know I was in the funeral :/ I tryed show Punch Out Wii to my friends and how awesome it is. Everybody just want call of duty, never gave little mac a chance. I mean sold well, like Pikmin. But if you show Olimar to somebody good luck finding anyone that knows who he is. He ain´t all star either.
This talk about all star is toxic to the franchise, sorry. MOST of the roster is not all star.

If a series is successful, that means it's popular.

Every character is an All-Star, some in different ways. If your friends just want to play CoD, of course they aren't going to give Little Mac or Olimar a chance; they want to shoot things, not play a real-time strategy game or a boxing game.

And ROB enabled video games to be branded as toys in a time when video games were new and people weren't keen on buying them. ROB was single-handedly the savior of the NES and, in turn, the industry.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
If a series is successful, that means it's popular.

Every character is an All-Star, some in different ways. If your friends just want to play CoD, of course they aren't going to give Little Mac or Olimar a chance; they want to shoot things, not play a real-time strategy game or a boxing game.

And ROB enabled video games to be branded as toys in a time when video games were new and people weren't keen on buying them. ROB was single-handedly the savior of the NES and, in turn, the industry.
What I am trying to talk is that all star approach kills any out the box thought. Of course I don´t want Epona, but Wii Fit Trainer is awesome. And needs a lot to a char be WTF in my view (like epona) Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer are not in this category.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, that's a lot of quotation mark abuse.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes

Epona can´t be in because don´t have personality and rich nintendo background. You see, there is some parameters but not this crazy all star hierarchy.
This argument is ridiculous. Why would you advocate the inclusion of niche characters over popular characters? From a business standpoint it's senseless - beyond bringing back the odd retro character, a game flooded with niche characters isn't going to attract the same audience, nor would it promote their games due to the knock-on smaller audience. Smash has always been about including the most prominent representatives of their respective franchise - just because you personally don't recognize said franchise doesn't negate it's significance. Both Pikmin and Punch Out Wii were very popular - Olimar and Little Mac therefore fitting the Smash template. To suggest including simply unpredictable characters is absurd from both a business perspective, and with the opinions of fans in mind. I personally don't want a game populated by the likes of Toad, Animal Crossing townsperson #16, etc. Popular characters, that the fans respond well to, and the odd retro, series-reviving character, are my pick.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What I am trying to talk is that all star approach kills any out the box thought. Of course I don´t want Epona, but Wii Fit Trainer is awesome. And needs a lot to a char be WTF in my view (like epona) Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer are not in this category.
Wii Fit was massively successful. Wii Fit Trainer is an All-Star.

Rosalina has become a big part of the Mario universe since Galaxy. Rosalina's an All-Star.

There is not a SINGLE character in Smash that isn't an All-Star in some way.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
This argument is ridiculous. Why would you advocate the inclusion of niche characters over popular characters? From a business standpoint it's senseless - beyond bringing back the odd retro character, a game flooded with niche characters isn't going to attract the same audience, nor would it promote their games due to the knock-on smaller audience. Smash has always been about including the most prominent representatives of their respective franchise - just because you personally don't recognize said franchise doesn't negate it's significance. Both Pikmin and Punch Out Wii were very popular - Olimar and Little Mac therefore fitting the Smash template. To suggest including simply unpredictable characters is absurd from both a business perspective, and with the opinions of fans in mind. I personally don't want a game populated by the likes of Toad, Animal Crossing townsperson #16, etc. Popular characters, that the fans respond well to, and the odd retro, series-reviving character, are my pick.
I not saying to add everyone, AGAIN I am just saying that beyond metroid, pokemon, Mario and Zelda there is no more all star. This way of thinking is toxic.
Oh yeah, I forgot Donkey Kong and Kirby. Please kill me.
Let´s agree on disagree them

There is not a SINGLE character in Smash that isn't an All-Star in some way.
Wolf.
You: But he is a major anti-hero on a HUGE revolutionary franchise. He adds so much to the plot and gameplay on Star Fox franchise.
Me: ok ok. Every char that I say will be made a saint. Let´s agree on disagree all right?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I not saying to add everyone, AGAIN I am just saying that beyond metroid, pokemon, Mario and Zelda there is no more all star. This way of thinking is toxic.
Donkey Kong and Kirby apparently aren't All-Stars anymore. Or Marth.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
You have a very narrow view of Nintendo's illustrious history in the gaming industry. I have no doubt that Nintendo could double the roster and pack it full of characters equally deserving of the title All-Stars. Hell, Shulk already fits that bill, having fronted one of the most critically acclaimed games in recent memory, and he's currently been in one game.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Looks like something a college kid made as a project for his Autodesk Maya class. :laugh:

Besides, does that leaker even care about making his forged pic seem the least bit authentic? No shadow, shading is non-existent, as well as the blue Wii U label in the top left.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm just say one more thing about this for a while.

There's a reason that you unlock ALL-STAR mode after unlocking EVERY character.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
You have a very narrow view of Nintendo's illustrious history in the gaming industry. I have no doubt that Nintendo could double the roster and pack it full of characters equally deserving of the title All-Stars. Hell, Shulk already fits that bill, having fronted one of the most critically acclaimed games in recent memory, and he's currently been in one game.
All star is something almost impossible to achive, like tetris, mario or minecraft. Is something that everybody knows.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I forgot Donkey Kong and Kirby. Please kill me.

Wolf.
You: But he is a major anti-hero on a HUGE revolutionary franchise. He adds so much to the plot and gameplay on Star Fox franchise.
Me: ok ok. Every char that I say will be made a saint. Let´s agree on disagree all right?
Uhh... Wolf is most certainly an all-star.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
All star is something almost impossible to achive, like tetris, mario or minecraft. Is something that everybody knows.
And something Nintendo have achieved consistently in the past, more than any other gaming company. The argument that Smash Bros is running out of All-Stars is ludicrous. Ask a parent to name ten gaming franchises. I'd bet you 5 or more are Nintendo franchises.

Anyway, pointless argument is pointless. Any new leaks floating around?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
PRETTY FAKE IF I SAY SO MYSELF OLD CHAP.
I had to play catch-up because i wasn't on in a week, and i must say, nothing has been impressive. The best one was the Mewtwo sub-space looking pic, but apparently his japanese name was spelled wrong. Go figure.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I had to play catch-up because i wasn't on in a week, and i must say, nothing has been impressive. The best one was the Mewtwo sub-space looking pic, but apparently his japanese name was spelled wrong. Go figure.
I feel like every convincing leak is always screwed up by the smallest thing like "name spelled wrong", "Lighting is bad" and other jazz.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
>"Roster is stacked."
>45 characters.

I saw this when it was first posted to /v/, but it was so bad that I didn't bother posting it here. The guy did not do his math or he is one of the chumps who legitimately thinks that the roster is going to be about the same size as Brawl's so 45 characters is "stacked" to him.

Also, this may not be an appropriate thread, but why do people think that Dixie Kong makes a rumor a "safe bet"? Is it because of "The Forbidden 7" where she only was going to be included tacked onto Diddy and was never considered as her own character? Or is it because she's playable in Tropical Freeze, which was revealed (and most likely decided) long after Sakurai finalized the roster?

It may just be me, but I think it's ridiculous to let Dixie's presence on a "leak" make anyone deem it as "too safe." Also, as has been said earlier, I don't think "too safe" is a legitimate excuse. Sure, I think Sakurai loves surprising people. However, his past games and his comments about Smash 4 have proven that he still wants to please the fans. It would be an insult if he disregarded what people wanted and put out a roster that isn't mostly "safe."
I've always figured it was because DK is one of the franchises that was brought back recently. She is likely who we will get if another DK character gets in that isn't K. Rool. Since K. Rool is an "irrelevenant character" people just throw Dixie in.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I've always figured it was because DK is one of the franchises that was brought back recently. She is likely who we will get if another DK character gets in that isn't K. Rool. Since K. Rool is an "irrelevenant character" people just throw Dixie in.
But Dixie actually stands a chance. K. Rool does too. If we got both, i wouldn't complain...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Lol, miiverse would have a field day with these.

Also your right guys Namco isn't getting special treatment, Capcom is. Hence why they are getting megaman and monster hunter:troll:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
So you'd rather have a bunch of characters nobody gives a **** about over a bunch of characters that should be in a game celebrating Nintendo's history?

....cause you know that makes any sense at all.
You obviously don't understand what I am saying. My point is if the roster ends up being full of a bunch of characters that we will see coming, I will be very disappointed. I am NOT saying that the entire roster should be a bunch of "nobody type characters" just have some characters we don't already are guessing on. (So far I am liking the roster so far)

No.

The majority of the roster SHOULD be deserving obvious characters that are indeed guessable because they SHOULD be in an "ultimate nintendo character fighting game".

A few out there choices is good to keep things fresh but honestly I dont want "sakurai's wacky fighters" I want super smash bros aka nintendo all stars battling it out. NOT random choices sakurai makes with the sole purpose of us being surprised at the roster cause we have to then LIVE with that roster and wait YEARS for another smash game to possibly see characters who should be in the game by now, given the number of characters in the roster, make an appearance.

Sorry if im coming off harsh I just strongly disagree with this type of thinking, your not looking beyond right now when guessing interesting characters is fun, eventually the game exists and ages and thats what we have to live with as our super smash bros game.

The list of characters this time around already has a lot of out there choices: WFT, Rosalina was pretty out there for a mario rep, with the high possibility from leaks of Mii who although is very nintendo at this point does fill that "weird" character spot. Honestly since i'm not expecting too many reps beyond this I'm hoping for more "guessable" obvious characters to finally make it in along with a retro or possibly one more strange choice (retro could fill both) but only if we are getting a good amount of newcomers. If there isnt many new character reveals left (and im doubting there is a ton left) than lets hope those deserving nintendo all stars get in over sakurai sending us curve balls for "fun".
You don't seem to understand at all what I am saying. I will go further than I intended to make my point though. Honestly who are we missing of these "Allstar Nintendo Cast" We got them all basically. We got all the characters needed in most of series. People are begging for "icing on the cake characters" (ex. Daisy, Toad, Prince Fluff.... lol) which I don't understand at all. What I ment to say is I want characters that people are not guessing on, characters that do not have existing series on Smash, Like Wonder Red, Dillion, Hell even Captain Rainbow I would be ok with. But do we NEED characters like daisy, toad, toon zelda, dark samus and soo on, characters that are not really all stars. Now I am ok with choices like Chrom, Mewtwo, Palutena, maybe even Ridley, because they are technically important and requested a lot more for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom