• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Not essentially a leak but...

Notice the last sentence. :estatic:
AP but for future reference.
Wait, what about a Layton leak? Did someone use that little snippit from ONM as a leak?

Goodness and I even said in the Profesor Layton support thread to not mistake it for a leak......

Ah well, at least it has been cleared up now...

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'll just leave this here.
Yeah, I thought is cleared this up yesterday. It's just a hypothetical section. They do something like this every month, it just ties in whoever is on the frontpage to whatever daft bit they decide to put in the back. The hypothetical Layton meets Zelda column above the Smash Bros bit should put this one to bed.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It resides past page 400. We just need volunteers who will go page diving for the sake of this forum. If we had 4 people cover 50 pages each, we may find it.
Me and Soviet Prince took a look at 400-500 and didn't find anything, so if it's in the thread, it has to be in the last 100 or so pages.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I thought is cleared this up yesterday. It's just a hypothetical section. They do something like this every month, it just ties in whoever is on the frontpage to whatever daft bit they decide to put in the back. The hypothetical Layton meets Zelda column above the Smash Bros bit should put this one to bed.
Tumblr did get quite hyped out of it though, it is interesting how easily convinced people got out of it despite the text at the top and the other obviously-not-legit-suggestions ONM made...

I think someone should tell them that it's just ONM having some fun and not some legit leak or something....

But yeah, you're right, this has more or less been cleared up here. If someone brings this up again, just show them the cut pic I've brought up.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Saw this on Tumblr. No idea what the source is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
2nd about the CGI trailer, you guys are saying faking a screen shot is much easier than making a trailer like that and guess what: it is. But... Do you know how many people worked on that CGI trailer? How long it took that person? How many tools he had at his disposal (models to upgrade and tweak, etc.)?

Just because something is easier than something else doesn't mean they aren't both real hard and time consuming.

No one can truly say whether the Palutena picture is a fake or not. Some people seem to forget that the models inside the game are made by people not by gods. Normally a model is done by a very small team 1-3 people per model which means it also doesn't require an ungodly number of people to make the model either. What I mean by this is that just the same as Sakurai's staff can make a model from scratch, so can a random person make a model from scratch too, its not a skill exclusive to Sakurai's team.
I never said the CGI trailer was easy to make per se, just easier to make a convincing fake.

And while it's true that someone could make a Palutena model, the model in those screenshots looked too good to be fan made. Making fan made models of say, Sonic or Mario is one thing, because they have cartoony proportions, put Palutena is a different story. Her model is much more complex.

And while I know Palutena is highly requested, a significant amount (not all, but quite a bit) of her requests came after the supposed leak. That, and I highly doubt leakers would make fakes of her of all people. If they wanted a huge hubbub, they'd make a Ridley fake.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You've still yet to show anyone here how taking a picture is harder than a video.
From ~6 pages ago:
1. Start smartphone recording video.

2. Put phone in pocket.

3. As you walk by whatever you want to record, pull out the phone and hold it up for a moment. This requires no tapping of the screen to take a picture or waiting while the phone figures out its camera software.

4. Return phone to pocket.

5. Share leak on internet.
It seems you really just want to say "I told you so" or you just really hate the idea of a faker getting one over on you/the community.
I couldn't care less about saying "I told you so" because it's a ****ty, classless thing to do, but yeah, I DO hate the idea of a faker getting one over on the community.

This isn't exactly my first rodeo. I was doing this years ago with melee and watching the fakes roll in and people going insane over them. It got old.

You saying that you only accepted the idea of someone taking a screenshot instead of video because "they enjoy riling people up "
I'm open to suggestions to the contrary, but why else did someone leak these screenshots? What did they gain from it?

In the stories you linked earlier, the people who leaked those probably got paid to do so (which is the usual enticement to leak) but what about these Palutena shots? Has any major gaming news outlet come forward to "claim" these? Has any major outlet even acknowledged them as real?

Typically, if you're a news outlet, you want to break news before anyone else does because that's how you generate interest in your site and how you in turn generate revenue. One of the shadier ways of doing this is to approach people on the inside about accepting money in exchange for information. This was a problem for Apple as well but, when he was alive, Steve Jobs actually released fake information to ferret out who was leaking info and fire them.

So again, the one thing that strikes me about these Palutena shots is that no news site is acknowledging them as real, unlike the stories you listed in which case some pictures that were vastly blurrier than these were dubbed legit (probably because they came from a trusted source the news outlet knew beforehand).

Does it prove anything either way? No, but it's food for thought and something we need to at least consider when evaluating potential leaks and whatnot.

My guess is still that she's a part of a FS/assist trophy and they just used a modified model from KI:U, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I haven't been reading all of this back-and-forth, but I'll just throw out...Jeez louise, are some of you really that insatiable?? This is more of a GameFAQs thing than a Smashboards one, but you demand pics left and right, claiming that no leak can be valid without them, but then, when we get these two gifts from the goddesses that no one has come close to disproving for months, you're still demanding videos?? Damn...and what would happen if we did get a video?? "Durr, any modder could leak a video, now we need someone to leak a demo." Ugh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to make a small bit of speculation...

...Apart from E3, and maybe one or two more veterans, I do not think we will see any more character reveals before launch, assuming unlockable characters are still a thing.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Um, excuse me, Mr. Smash_Brother? I have no idea how you quoted me in your last post, as I never said what you quoted.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ S_B S_B
Tell me, after 2 Kid Icarus items, a week of Sakurai's trolling, brand new Kid Icarus models confirmed, the fact that Uprising was the last game that Sakurai worked on before Smash 4, a KI stage already revealed for each version, immense popularity, and a very convincing leak, why don't you think that Palutena will be a playable character?
Seriously, there is so much going in her favor.
And have you even played Kid Icarus Uprising? Pit's Final Smash hardly even makes sense anymore, it's bound to be changed.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
From ~6 pages ago:

I couldn't care less about saying "I told you so" because it's a ****ty, classless thing to do, but yeah, I DO hate the idea of a faker getting one over on the community.

This isn't exactly my first rodeo. I was doing this years ago with melee and watching the fakes roll in and people going insane over them. It got old.

I'm open to suggestions to the contrary, but why else did someone leak these screenshots? What did they gain from it?

In the stories you linked earlier, the people who leaked those probably got paid to do so (which is the usual enticement to leak) but what about these Palutena shots? Has any major gaming news outlet come forward to "claim" these? Has any major outlet even acknowledged them as real?

Typically, if you're a news outlet, you want to break news before anyone else does because that's how you generate interest in your site and how you in turn generate revenue. One of the shadier ways of doing this is to approach people on the inside about accepting money in exchange for information. This was a problem for Apple as well but, when he was alive, Steve Jobs actually released fake information to ferret out who was leaking info and fire them.

So again, the one thing that strikes me about these Palutena shots is that no news site is acknowledging them as real, unlike the stories you listed in which case some pictures that were vastly blurrier than these were dubbed legit (probably because they came from a trusted source the news outlet knew beforehand).

Does it prove anything either way? No, but it's food for thought and something we need to at least consider when evaluating potential leaks and whatnot.

My guess is still that she's a part of a FS/assist trophy and they just used a modified model from KI:U, but I guess we'll see.

Why would a news site acknowledge something that might be fake, if it is fake they will lose credibility. It's better to report the news as a "rumor" just like how they've done.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that that this is likely to have been taken in an office full of others with development kits. Holding a phone up for a few seconds of video is going to get you spotted and sacked, and likely sued. Two snapshots taken within a second at seperate times is less likely to. You also ignore the fact that a video is much easier to trace. Essentially, if he uploads a video it must be uploaded somewhere with an account tied to it. If that's spotted it's easily traced. It would also need to be left up longer to allow people to rip it. A photo can be uploaded to a forum, where the forum automatically uploads the picture without a link to your name. It is also far easier for someone to copy and therefore doesn't need to be up nearly as long. All in all, it's far more secure for a guy concerned about losing his job to upload a photograph.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I haven't been reading all of this back-and-forth, but I'll just throw out...Jeez louise, are some of you really that insatiable?? This is more of a GameFAQs thing than a Smashboards one, but you demand pics left and right, claiming that no leak can be valid without them, but then, when we get these two gifts from the goddesses that no one has come close to disproving for months, you're still demanding videos?? Damn...and what would happen if we did get a video?? "Durr, any modder could leak a video, now we need someone to leak a demo." Ugh.
The difference between a still image and a video is HUGE, though.

We wouldn't just be seeing Palutena in a still image, we'd be seeing her animations, her attacks, we'd have an idea of her MOVESET.

The difference between screenshots and video would be the difference between making a still image that looks like it's part of the game and actually designing some of Palutena's moves yourself, creating an animation skeleton for her and actually animating it.

Once again, I think it IS an in game image, but a video would 100X more convincing than a screenshot (as long as it's in focus).

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The leak was first posted to 2/4chan right? Isn't that an image only board?
I haven't really seen many video leaks, not even of pokemon x/y a few months ago, i don't think lack of video is a really legit reason to doubt it.
I still hate that palutena model though.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Now see, I don't hate the model, but I do wish she had more of a Revolting Dinner look to her.
An anime look similar to Pit's.
I hope the leak is true, but if it's not and we get Palutena anyway then I'll be perfectly fine with that.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
And yet you continue to ignore the fact that that this is likely to have been taken in an office full of others with development kits. Holding a phone up for a few seconds of video is going to get you spotted and sacked, and likely sued. Two snapshots taken within a second at seperate times is less likely to. You also ignore the fact that a video is much easier to trace. Essentially, if he uploads a video it must be uploaded somewhere with an account tied to it. If that's spotted it's easily traced. It would also need to be left up longer to allow people to rip it. A photo can be uploaded to a forum, where the forum automatically uploads the picture without a link to your name. It is also far easier for someone to copy and therefore doesn't need to be up nearly as long.
1. They have these things called "cubicles". From what I hear, Japan is pretty big on them.

2. So holding the phone while it focuses and then pushing a button when it's ready is less conspicuous?

3. Whoever did this clearly had time to pause Palutena in two different poses while the pictures were taken.

4. Last I checked, 2chan goers are not commonly referred to as "anonymous" because it's easy to determine who they are. There are dozens of other ways to anonymously upload video. Dropbox account using a yahoo or other free email from a library computer using a safeweb VPN, for example.

All in all, it's far more secure for a guy concerned about losing his job to upload a photograph.
It's actually exactly the same.

Why would a news site acknowledge something that might be fake, if it is fake they will lose credibility. It's better to report the news as a "rumor" just like how they've done.
Exactly my point.

But then why did the news sites he linked immediately acknowledge the other leaks as real? Why did they not post this info as "rumors" instead?

The leak was first posted to 2/4chan right? Isn't that an image only board?
I haven't really seen many video leaks, not even of pokemon x/y a few months ago, i don't think lack of video is a really legit reason to doubt it.
No one is citing it as such and no one has been for ~3 pages now.

Right now, we're arguing the semantics of how much harder it is to take a video vs. a picture. Don't ask me why.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now see, I don't hate the model, but I do wish she had more of a Revolting Dinner look to her.
An anime look similar to Pit's.
I hope the leak is true, but if it's not and we get Palutena anyway then I'll be perfectly fine with that.
To be fair, we've only seen the 3ds model. The WiiU one may be much more expressive.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Um, excuse me, Mr. Smash_Brother? I have no idea how you quoted me in your last post, as I never said what you quoted.
Fixed. I have no idea how that happened... :\

@ S_B S_B
Tell me, after 2 Kid Icarus items, a week of Sakurai's trolling, brand new Kid Icarus models confirmed, the fact that Uprising was the last game that Sakurai worked on before Smash 4, a KI stage already revealed for each version, immense popularity, and a very convincing leak, why don't you think that Palutena will be a playable character?
Seriously, there is so much going in her favor.
And have you even played Kid Icarus Uprising? Pit's Final Smash hardly even makes sense anymore, it's bound to be changed.
What was Sakurai's trolling?

And no, I've not played the game, but it looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
What's the tumblr that has practically every single Smash Bros. leak every found on the internet?

Perhaps the Cuckoo leak is there.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
1. They have these things called "cubicles". From what I hear, Japan is pretty big on them.

2. So holding the phone while it focuses and then pushing a button when it's ready is less conspicuous?

3. Whoever did this clearly had time to pause Palutena in two different poses while the pictures were taken.

4. Last I checked, 2chan goers are not commonly referred to as "anonymous" because it's easy to determine who they are. There are dozens of other ways to anonymously upload video. Dropbox account using a yahoo or other free email from a library computer, for example.

It's actually exactly the same.

Exactly my point.

But then why did the news sites he linked immediately acknowledge the other leaks as real? Why did they not post this info as "rumors" instead?

Right now, we're arguing the semantics of how much harder it is to take a video vs. a picture.
1. It's a dev TEAM. Meaning working together. Meaning people, moving about an office, past cubicles, into cubicles, conversing, etc. Do you envision these people glued to their chairs, free to post videos galore?

2. Whereas with your video in pocket theory, you have to pull from pocket, then wait until it focuses on the screen (after movement blur), THEN you have to shoot a few seconds of viable footage. Steps are exactly the same. Except there's an extra few seconds of actual footage needed on top for video. Or are you suggesting perhaps a swipe past video? A quick moving example of motion blur? I know that'd sure convince me.

3. Pausing a game is hardly suspicious. Especially in a cubicle as you so handily suggest. The focus and shot itself would take perhaps two seconds. Once you're past the motion blur you're at the same with a video, with footage still to shoot.

4. Understand this. There's a limited pool of developers. And so a limited pool of 'suspects', if we're to believe that Sakurai and co. wouldn't likely be pleased to learn somebody inside is leaking. Reckon if Namco/Sakurai sent a polite email to 2chan asking for the IP, the site wouldn't give it to him? Dream on. He posted a picture because he wanted it left up the least time. A video would need to be up longer for fans to rip it. You ignored that point, I see. A photo can be up for a minute or two and gone. Little trace.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
1. It's a dev TEAM. Meaning working together. Meaning people, moving about an office, past cubicles, into cubicles, conversing, etc. Do you envision these people glued to their chairs, free to post videos galore?
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the primary reason to have supervisors is to ensure that the employees actually do their jobs. Typically, you'll have only 1 supervisor to 10 or more employees. Contrary to the universe you're painting here, a supervisor does not check on each of these 10 employees once every 10 seconds.

It would be fully possible to take a short video of the game in action while sitting in a cubical.

3. Pausing a video is hardly suspicious. Especially in a cubicle as you so handily suggest. The focus and shot itself would take perhaps two seconds. Once you're past the motion blur you're at the same with a video, with footage still to shoot.
You're missing the point.

If the guy had the time to do this, he would've had the time to shoot video.

4. Understand this. There's a limited pool of developers. And so a limited pool of 'suspects', if we're to believe that Sakurai and co. wouldn't likely be pleased to learn somebody inside is leaking. Reckon if Namco/Sakurai sent a polite email to 2chan asking for the IP, the site wouldn't give it to him? Dream on. He posted a picture because he wanted it left up the least time. A video would need to be up longer for fans to rip it. You ignored that point, I see. A photo can be up for a minute or two and gone. Little trace.
So what was this guy's motivation for risking his job to post this picture? And I ignored that point because it was a bad one.

There are literally dozens of other ways to get files onto the internet anonymously. Ever heard of safeweb? Overseas servers? They'd love nothing more than for Nintendo to email them a cease and desist. They'd love a good laugh...

Last edited:

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Can you guys please stop arguing the hypothetical process of taking a leak?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
From ~6 pages ago:
Wow. You really are delusional. This makes no sense. How is continuously recording easier? It's a lot messier because it consumes battery and storage. AND you'd have to edit it later before uploading it because if you didn't people would know exactly WHO was recording it. This pocket plan is silly and inefficient. And again you're not paying attention to your own rules of focus and setting up the shot. Taking a picture is not harder than taking a video. You're being dishonest. If you were neck and neck in a race for a million dollars and the last challenge before the finish line was take a video or a picture of a flower are you honestly telling me you'd opt to take video instead? :/

Dude. Dude....I can't believe you're this blind. All of those leaks didn't originate on those news outlets. Again you're just assuming random things. Those are just reports. I can say for the last one featuring L4D that it originated from gaf --- a famous leaker made the thread and posted the images. Other well known sites REPORTED ON IT. Again you're just making stuff up to fit your argument. A lot of these leaks are posted on forums and then picked up by news outlets. Yes sometimes leakers go straight to the outlets like the Assassins Creed leak but thats besides the point. Why would a news site claim its real when it was posted on a forum? They have no idea. How can they even claim it. What are you talking about? What the hell do they have to do with it? You're making no sense. Even worse there were news stories on the Palutena similar to the leaks I posted.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/2...sh-bros-shows-palutena-as-playable-character/
http://mariopartylegacy.com/2014/01/rumor-palutena-leaked-as-playable-in-super-smash-bros/
http://n4g.com/news/1441763/leaked-super-smash-bros-3ds-screens-show-palutena
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/220934-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-is-the-palutena-leak-real

You're literally all over the place. Matter of fact here is a famous Halo 3 leak from the MLG forums with only images. It goes without saying that the guy was telling the truth and the images were real. But I guess according to you:

*he didn't post any videos so its fake, or
*it's fake because no gaming news site claimed it, or
*it could be real but since he didnt post videos he wanted to screw with the fans.

Do I have to keep posting legitimate image leaks for you to stop. Like I said I can find over 100. You'd have to dismiss all 100 on the same looney grounds as you've been doing with this one.

edit: Smash_Brother has to be trolling us. There is no other way. I refuse to believe someone actually believes what he's saying.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the primary reason to have supervisors is to ensure that the employees actually do their jobs. Typically, you'll have only 1 supervisor to 10 or more employees. Contrary to the universe you're painting here, a supervisor does not check on each of these 10 employees once every 10 seconds.

It would be fully possible to take a short video of the game in action while sitting in a cubical.

You're missing the point.

If the guy had the time to do this, he would've had the time to shoot video.

So what was this guy's motivation for risking his job to post this picture?
Again you handily ignore my primary reasoning. A video takes longer to rip. It ain't as easy as a print screen. The man/woman in question is clearly willing to take some level of risk. HOWEVER, considering it was promptly deleted, they obviously try to minimize this risk. This is where your argument falls apart. To minimize said risk, a photo is uploaded to minimize traceable time. A screenshot is a button press. Ripping a video is far less easy. To do so he would have had to have first posted on a site that actually allows videos, such as YouTube, etc. This then limits how easy the video is to find. This would then mean providing a link to said video, waiting for people to find it, and then rip it. By now he has posted on two separate sites, who would be willing to give up his IP if approached forcefully enough in a snap. As opposed to posting a picture for a minute on one site and disappearing. You must be blind not to see the logic in this. It seems to me you will create hypotheticals to support whatever reasoning you put forth, and ignore what you can't respond to.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Again you handily ignore my primary reasoning. A video takes longer to rip. It ain't as easy as a print screen. The man/woman in question is clearly willing to take some level of risk. HOWEVER, considering it was promptly deleted, they obviously try to minimize this risk. This is where your argument falls apart. To minimize said risk, a photo is uploaded to minimize traceable time. A screenshot is a button press. Ripping a video is far less easy. To do so he would have had to have first posted on a site that actually allows videos, such as YouTube, etc. This then limits how easy the video is to find. This would then mean providing a link to said video, waiting for people to find it, and then rip it. By now he has posted on two separate sites, who would be willing to give up his IP if approached forcefully enough in a snap. As opposed to posting a picture for a minute on one site and disappearing. You must be blind not to see the logic in this. It seems to me you will create hypotheticals to support whatever reasoning you put forth, and ignore what you can't respond to.
I already said this but he ignored it. He really doesn't understand. File type, file size, and ease of distribution all make it way more sensible and easier to obtain and leak a picture instead of a video.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Exactly my point.

Right now, we're arguing the semantics of how much harder it is to take a video vs. a picture. Don't ask me why.
I don't see how that helps your point. I haven't seen the "news site" that was linked but think about it logically:

If a news site acknowledges something they have no inside info on they risk being wrong and losing credibility. If a news site acknowledges something they do have info on they risk breach of contract and being sued.

The only 2 reasons they could acknowledge something is either A-) it was already confirmed to be 100% true or they have acquired the same info through a paid illegal insider source which doesn't bind them to a contract which in Palutena's case neither is true but it could be true for the other leaks. (I haven't seen the site).

Also, read my long post in the previous page if you want to understand why a video like the one you are asking is not only much harder to achieve but also takes substantially more time than a good quality picture.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I do believe the spectacle you are describing would be a bit more difficult than breathing, considering it is impossible to get Lady Palutena's Uprising model out of the game, since the 3DS is unhackable as of right now. Not impossible, mind you, but a bit more difficult than what you may think.
I know that it would be difficult, but that still pales in comparison to the trailer.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
K leak time: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/237193447

Hey guys, here with some Smash Bros. Wii U / 3ds news.
I know the full roster, the game's roster was completed months ago.
Instead of revealing character names I instead have decided to just do it based on # of reps for each franchise. Also, before anyone asks, "Lul, why 4chans?" Simply put: I've been a lurker here for many years I'm anonymous.

So here goes (I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any):
>5 Mario reps
>5 Zelda reps
>5 Pokémon reps
>3 Donkey Kong reps
>3 Kirby reps
>3 Fire Emblem reps
>3 Star Fox reps
>2 Kid Icarus reps
>2 Earthbound reps
>2 Metroid reps
>2 Namco reps
>10 Solo reps

Roster is stacked. Only a few characters were cut/replaced.

GUESSING TIME. Here goes, I'll try to crack the characters.

Mario reps:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina

Zelda reps:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim

Pokemon reps:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Donkey Kong reps:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (I want K. Rool but, I feel like Dixie will get in before him)

Kirby reps:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem reps:
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Star Fox reps:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus reps:
Pit
Palutena

Earthbound reps:
Ness
Lucas

Metroid reps:
Samus
Ridley

Namco reps:
Pac Man
Goku
Yoshimitsu (I'm guessing him because he represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur, he's also quirky and my main so I have a bias :O)

Solo reps:
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
ROB

Little Mac
Villager
Mega Man
Sonic
Mr. G&W
Olimar

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Um, excuse me, Mr. Mumbles, lord and master of all he surveys... I have no idea how you quoted me in your last post, as I never said what you quoted.
I have no idea what you're talking about. It is completely impossible to misquote someone on this site.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have no idea what you're talking about. It is completely impossible to misquote someone on this site.
Well, he managed to do it, somehow.

Unless your response is sarcastic, and you're making fun of me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Above leak: 2 Namco reps kills it. They aren't getting special treatment, according to Sakurai.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
K leak time: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/237193447

Hey guys, here with some Smash Bros. Wii U / 3ds news.
I know the full roster, the game's roster was completed months ago.
Instead of revealing character names I instead have decided to just do it based on # of reps for each franchise. Also, before anyone asks, "Lul, why 4chans?" Simply put: I've been a lurker here for many years I'm anonymous.

So here goes (I'm not counting transformations as reps, if any):
>5 Mario reps
>5 Zelda reps
>5 Pokémon reps
>3 Donkey Kong reps
>3 Kirby reps
>3 Fire Emblem reps
>3 Star Fox reps
>2 Kid Icarus reps
>2 Earthbound reps
>2 Metroid reps
>2 Namco reps
>10 Solo reps

Roster is stacked. Only a few characters were cut/replaced.

GUESSING TIME. Here goes, I'll try to crack the characters.

Mario reps:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina

Zelda reps:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim

Pokemon reps:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Donkey Kong reps:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (I want K. Rool but, I feel like Dixie will get in before him)

Kirby reps:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem reps:
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Star Fox reps:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus reps:
Pit
Palutena

Earthbound reps:
Ness
Lucas

Metroid reps:
Samus
Ridley

Namco reps:
Pac Man
Goku
Yoshimitsu (I'm guessing him because he represents both Tekken and Soul Calibur, he's also quirky and my main so I have a bias :O)

Solo reps:
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
ROB

Little Mac
Villager
Mega Man
Sonic
Mr. G&W
Olimar
Why Ghirahim?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Remember when the leak thread argued about and analyzed the actual leak and not hypothetical what-if scenarios

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom