• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, but even the very first Donkey Kong had a story.

Did the first Pac Man have any kind of story to it?

I dunno. I just don't see any reason to like Pac-Man as a character.
Well, that's true, I suppose.

But as Pac-Man is one of the most iconic and recognizable characters in gaming (or at least on the level of Charizard and the like, being well-known by non-gamers), as well as Namco's mascot, plus a new game on the WiiU/3DS, he's probably the most likely. I'm fine with that, though, because Pac-Man World 2 was a major part of my childhood.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'd love it for someone to lie and say they made the Palutena leak in Photoshop or something. Post a picture of them making the picture but its just them editing it to look less detailed. Cut out some stuff just make like lines of the Palutena model. Idk. just someone fake that they made it. lol. That'd be pretty funny. Its not like it eliminates Palutena from being a playable character. lol. (i know most of you guys would disagree with my statement.)

But then again. Lying is wrong. So don't do that lurkers. :mad:

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
But as Pac-Man is one of the most iconic and recognizable characters in gaming (or at least on the level of Charizard and the like, being well-known by non-gamers), as well as Namco's mascot, plus a new game on the WiiU/3DS, he's probably the most likely. I'm fine with that, though, because Pac-Man World 2 was a major part of my childhood.
I just never learned to like him in the same way, but I can understand where you're coming from.

It's actually a shame that they're capping 3rd party entries at 3. Assuming Snake is out, we're missing a Konami rep (Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures or Simon Belmont, anyone?) and I think Bomberman could've also made a cool edition.

Also, I'm guessing that WILL be the final roster (or close to it), but it's just disappointing for so many reasons...

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I just never learned to like him in the same way, but I can understand where you're coming from.

It's actually a shame that they're capping 3rd party entries at 3. Assuming Snake is out, we're missing a Konami rep (Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures or Simon Belmont, anyone?) and I think Bomberman could've also made a cool edition.

Also, I'm guessing that WILL be the final roster (or close to it), but it's just disappointing for so many reasons...
Who ever said they're capping 3rd party entries at 3? Sakurai said they were keeping 3rd party characters to a minimum, but I think he said that so people would stop requesting Shadow and Goku. Maybe I'm in denial by thinking Snake's gonna return, but I think him, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man is perfectly reasonable to expect. Bomberman would also be nice, and is probably one of the most deserving third-party characters, but Konami owns him now and if Snake gets cut but Konami still gets a rep, I doubt they'd pick a character they acquired in a buyout over one of their original properties.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
If there were a new Zelda character, I'd want Vaati.

@ the argument about video vs picture. I realize it's slightly old, but I'd just like to point out that not everyone has a phone capable of video like an iphone. Plenty of people are fine with phones that just take photos, and I know a large number of people who don't bother with getting a more advanced phone, myself included, because their older ones suffice. You can't know whether the leaker has a phone capable of that, because they (like others) may just not care to upgrade.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I really wish Sakurai would cut to the chase and show off an image of a 3DS AT to see if they have outlines (Which they probably won't, but it'd be nice to be sure).

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Can someone do me a favour? Find the ORIGINAL posting of the Palutena leak. Everybody says it was originally posted on 2ch and later posted on 4ch. However, all the sites talking about only source it back to 4ch or Neogaf, neither of which source it back to 2ch. If I can see what the original poster said (if anything) about it, it might help get to the bottom of it. As of now, it's like it appeared out of thin air.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can someone do me a favour? Find the ORIGINAL posting of the Palutena leak. Everybody says it was originally posted on 2ch and later posted on 4ch. However, all the sites talking about only source it back to 4ch or Neogaf, neither of which source it back to 2ch. If I can see what the original poster said (if anything) about it, it might help get to the bottom of it. As of now, it's like it appeared out of thin air.
I wish we could help you, truly I do. But the original 2chan thread this was posted to is long gone.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd like to see that, as well, but it seems to be lost to time.

By the way, Touhou avatars FTW.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina & Luma

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra OR Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) OR Kalos Trainer (Chespin, Frogadier Delphox)
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Chrom

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Palutena

Earthbound Series
Ness
Lucas

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Namco Reps
Pac-Man
Dig Dug

Solo Reps
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Wario
Sonic
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac

Cut Characters
Snake
R.O.B.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why cut ROB? There's seriously no reason. That leak is most likely fake because two Namco reps.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Smash ended up not coming out til March of next year or later.
I doubt it the game looks pretty far into completion based on the POTD's I'll say the earliest it comes out is October.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd say that 4chan "leak" is fake because the leaker didn't even bother to list which characters. And of course, 2 Namco reps are not gonna happen, as Sakurai as explicitly stated that he wouldn't give special treatment to the company developing the game.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I refuse to believe that we would get Delphox over Greninja. Greninja is WAAAAYY more popular than Delphox. Heres how I see it if we get a Kalos trainer: Chespin, Braixen, Greninja. Though I doubt we will get a Kalos trainer.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Who ever said they're capping 3rd party entries at 3? Sakurai said they were keeping 3rd party characters to a minimum, but I think he said that so people would stop requesting Shadow and Goku. Maybe I'm in denial by thinking Snake's gonna return, but I think him, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man is perfectly reasonable to expect. Bomberman would also be nice, and is probably one of the most deserving third-party characters, but Konami owns him now and if Snake gets cut but Konami still gets a rep, I doubt they'd pick a character they acquired in a buyout over one of their original properties.
Oh damn, I forgot about the Hudson/Konami thing. Good catch.

It would almost certainly be Belmont, then, if Snake gets cut.

And what about Square? I'd love to see Mog from FF6/US3, or just a moogle in general, as they'd be the easiest way to represent the FF franchise.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that 4chan "leak" is fake because the leaker didn't even bother to list which characters. And of course, 2 Namco reps are not gonna happen, as Sakurai as explicitly stated that he wouldn't give special treatment to the company developing the game.
Why do people constantly use Sakurai's quote regarding no "special treatment" as if they know exactly what 'special treatment' entails? How do we know that 2 Namco reps doesn't fall under the line of special treatment?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd sooner believe the asinine reasoning for Ice Climbers being cut because of 3DS limitations than R.O.B. being cut.
What limitations were these?

Why do people constantly use Sakurai's quote regarding no "special treatment" as if they know exactly what 'special treatment' entails? How do we know that 2 Namco reps doesn't fall under the line of special treatment?
The greatest irony in all of this is that Sakurai has heaped mountains of "special treatment" upon himself.

Would a character from a game as obscure as Earthbound have ever made it into SSB otherwise, let alone 2? And I think 3 Kirby reps is a bit much as well...

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Some of the first party characters can't even get two reps after 15 years. Why would Namco get two third party additions?

D

Deleted member

If Bamco has two characters while Konami, Sega, and Capcom only have one, that's special treatment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Special treatment regarding characters, obviously. Just because Namco is developing the game, it doesn't mean they will get characters in the game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What limitations were these?
Something about the 3DS being unable to have two people doing the same thing at the same time. Plus, what if you had four people playing Ice Climbers? That'd be bad.

That's what people say, anyway. I don't buy it, though.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Something about the 3DS being unable to have two people doing the same thing at the same time. Plus, what if you had four people playing Ice Climbers? That'd be bad.

That's what people say, anyway. I don't buy it, though.
Yeah, I don't buy that either.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Rosalina and Luma should prove that the Ice Climbers are fine.

4 Rosalinas with 4 Lumas should theoretically be much more of a nightmare than 4 Ice Climbers, especially with Rosalina's ability to force a desync of sorts with Luma.

Last edited:

Sonicshuffle

Smash Rookie
I found the missing Cucco guys. It's at the end of the Sonic Lost World Zelda DLC trailer. It... traveled through games...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If Konami gets a rep I hope it's Simon Belmont. That would be so bad ass.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Personally, I'd prefer Bomberman, as I think he'd fit extremely well with the game's style of colorful and sorta cartoony. Not to mention I've wanted Bomberman ever since I played my first Bomberman game.

Of course, best case scenario is that Snake doesn't get cut in the first place.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
You know i kinda wish konami got 3 reps, with snake, belmont, and bomberman as all 3 of these franchises have had major Nintendo history

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
With how much R.O.B. is cut in leaks. I need him to come back and be super mega top tier.

I need him to replace Fox in the eyes of Smashers.

''No items. R.O.B. only. Final Destination."

Only then will the robotic operating buddy have justice!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I refuse to believe that we would get Delphox over Greninja. Greninja is WAAAAYY more popular than Delphox. Heres how I see it if we get a Kalos trainer: Chespin, Braixen, Greninja. Though I doubt we will get a Kalos trainer.
Not sure if this is even worth mentioning since the leak has more glaring problems anyway, but if we got a Kalos trainer I don't think popularity would have much to do with who got in. I'm guessing the character list was finalized well before X/Y actually released so I'm assuming Sakurai would have gone into any such decision blind to fan opinion, like he did with Roy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Any leak with a new Pokemon Trainer is fake. I guarantee you all. It wouldn't make any sense to add a new one.

3 newcomers to develop for a game that isn't getting as many. Why do that when we can get 3 different newcomers from other series?

Sets precedent to update trainer every game. That will get old.

It's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
hey i havent been around or a while. what is this sourceless leak people are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom