• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Let me see if I understand this right... have we really gotten to the point where we are rating leaks based on not whether it would be easier or difficult to get footage compared to a picture?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The act of taking a picture takes less than a second. When taking a video you HAVE to stay focused on that subject for however long you want the video to be. I can take a quick picture of something confidential a lot quicker and surreptitiously than you can take a video of that same thing. Don't be obtuse. You take even a 30 second video of something and I'm already gone and out the door. This isn't even addressing file size, file types, ease of distribution, and leaks obtained second hand (e.g. the valve presentation leak).
1. Last I checked, photos need to be focused as well, which this shot clearly was (and it was a close up, meaning that someone had time to hold the camera right in front of the screen).

2. As I already explained, taking a picture requires holding the phone up, waiting for it to focus, then tapping the screen or a button. Unless you have some means of informing your phone when to take a picture ahead of time, this is inescapable.

3. Who needs 30 seconds? 3-4 seconds of Palutena fighting on screen would be more than enough to provide SOLID proof.

You do realize I'm not saying these things because I hate Palutena and don't want her in the game or something, right? I'm saying this because I believe there's a possibility someone is reading this post and laughing their ass off about all the people they've made get their hopes up.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Last I checked, photos need to be focused as well, which this shot clearly was (and it was a close up, meaning that someone had time to hold the camera right in front of the screen).

2. As I already explained, taking a picture requires holding the phone up, waiting for it to focus, then tapping the screen or a button. Unless you have some means of informing your phone when to take a picture ahead of time, this is inescapable.

3. Who needs 30 seconds? 3-4 seconds of Palutena fighting on screen would be more than enough to provide SOLID proof.

You do realize I'm not saying these things because I hate Palutena and don't want her in the game or something, right? I'm saying this because I believe there's a possibility someone is reading this post and laughing their *** off about all the people they've made get their hopes up.
Ok, we understand, it only makes it clearer, but the chances of a video happening is less than a miracle picture leak.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Let me see if I understand this right
The point I'm trying to make is that screenshots are much, MUCH easier to fake than video, which is just as easy (if not easier) to acquire.

I don't know, maybe leakers ENJOY watching people speculate? Maybe they get some kind of demented thrill out of it?

There's really not much other explanation for why someone would leak legit info without doing so in a video which is far more convincing.

Ok, we understand, it only makes it clearer, but the chances of a video happening is less than a miracle picture leak.
Again, the functionality of modern cellphones completely contradicts this.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
New pics in Famitsu (and some other Japanese magazine?)

Diddy's and possibly Little Mac's are new^

Sonic's, Olimar's, and Bowser's are new^

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The point I'm trying to make is that screenshots are much, MUCH easier to fake than video, which is just as easy (if not easier to acquire).

I don't know, maybe leakers ENJOY watching people speculate? Maybe they get some kind of demented thrill out of it?

There's really not much other explanation for why someone would leak legit info without doing so in a video which is far more convincing.
The problem is at that point we're debating things we cannot possiblely know. That's the how and what circumstances the picture was taken. Whoever posted the image did not say anything about how or the source of the original image unlike many of the text leaks we get that often resort to coming up with excuses for how they came about the information.

It makes for a pretty circular debate. We can only speculate based on what's in front of us and what we are provided with, once you go in the direction of assuming an action a person who has said nothing did in a situation becomes a theory and not much else. Your not going to convience many people with it.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

You do realize I'm not saying these things because I hate Palutena and don't want her in the game or something, right? I'm saying this because I believe there's a possibility someone is reading this post and laughing their *** off about all the people they've made get their hopes up.
1. So does video. All things equal, and they usually are (in terms of setting up a shot and actually taking the shot) - a picture is easier to take. A video is still EXTRA time. C'mon man. I have a phone and setting up the shot and pressing the camera button are the same for both pic and video. Stop trying to add all these extra little explanations to make it seem like taking a picture is a long process. It's not. You're being disingenuous. The fact remains that taking a picture is quicker. You can wax poetic all day long about camera settings, focus, aperture or whatever else but those same things still apply to video. If you have to focus for a picture you have to focus for a video. You can't have these things only apply to taking a picture to make it seem longer.
2. So does video.
3. Or you could just take a picture. Quicker and less conspicuous. Lets say people are watching me. An added 3-4 seconds of suspicious behavior is an eternity. If I'm in a compromising position I'd rather take a picture. Video is way more risky. That's why the majority of leaks are images and not videos. It's quicker, easier, and much easier/faster to distribute.
4. I don't care for Palutena. I'm not defending her. I'm attacking your terrible arguments. I'd say the same thing if it were a picture of Master Chief in Smash. Again: "Whether or not it is a fake the lack of video is not at ALL proof of your position."

and like the guy up there said you're assuming a lot. You have no idea if the leaker acquired the image from somewhere else or if he took it himself. And if he took it himself you have no idea what those circumstances are. The proof that your argument is illogical stems from the fact that if we try to apply that same logic to other leaks it still does not hold water. I've been gaming all my life and I've seen plenty of off camera shots of games in development without any video that turned out to be legitimate. Instead of arguing about video vs picture you should start your argument off with how easy it is to fake an image, not the lack of video proves it to be fake.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't underestimate the power of fans.

This video looks very realistic but it's just a very skilled fake. You can't prove anything without official word from the dev team I think

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

@Venus of the Desert Bloom

Can you read what it says underneath Zelda's pic? It might have some info on whether the Dark Nut is a new move or is an Assist Trophy.

EDIT: Maybe also Bowser? As there could be info on his Drop Kick.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Can you read what it says underneath Zelda's pic? It might have some info on whether the Dark Nut is a new move or is an Assist Trophy.
I tried to translate something. The second phrase is actually quite explicit that it's unknown if Sheik returns or not.

This is the text below Zelda's picture with the Phantom. (There might be a few errors from transcribing the text, so don't rely 100% on it.)

ファントムを呼び出して攻撃する新ワザだと恩われる。シークに変身できるかは不明。

Actually, it appears to be merely speculation. The second phrase states that it's unknown if she will transform into Sheik.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

EDIT: Maybe also Bowser? As there could be info on his Drop Kick.

The Wii Fit Trainer scan from that same magazine has some sort of caption for the screenshot with her male counterpart. Wonder what it says?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The hell? What are you talking about? Why is it people on this board just make arbitrary rules that don't follow history or common sense?

These all must be fake according to you right?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/THEDARKKNIGHT1939/news/?a=96488
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...es-Indicate-Assassins-Creed-Game-Set-in-Paris
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/28/source-2-and-left-4-dead-images-leak-from-valve-4280035/
Now that you mention it, the fact that all of these articles from notable sites are CERTAIN of the validity of the images says something about the alleged Palutena leak.

I can't find a news outlet that is confident that the Palutena "leak" is real. Maybe someone else can?

1. So does video. All things equal, and they usually are (in terms of setting up a shot and actually taking the shot) - a picture is easier to take. A video is still EXTRA time. C'mon man. I have a phone and setting up the shot and pressing the camera button are the same for both pic and video. Stop trying to add all these extra little explanations to make it seem like taking a picture is a long process. It's not. You're being disingenuous. The fact remains that taking a picture is quicker. You can wax poetic all day long about camera settings, focus, aperture or whatever else but those same things still apply to video. If you have to focus for a picture you have to focus for a video. You can't have these things only apply to taking a picture to make it seem longer.
2. So does video.
3. Or you could just take a picture. Quicker and less conspicuous. Lets say people are watching me. An added 3-4 seconds of suspicious behavior is an eternity. If I'm in a compromising position I'd rather take a picture. Video is way more risky. That's why the majority of leaks are images and not videos. It's quicker, easier, and much easier/faster to distribute.
4. I don't care for Palutena. I'm not defending her. I'm attacking your terrible arguments. I'd say the same thing if it were a picture of Master Chief in Smash. Again: "Whether or not it is a fake the lack of video is not at ALL proof of your position."
You're clearly not grasping what I'm trying to say here so I don't think there's a point to attempting to discuss it with you further.

Let's talk about what's relevant: these pictures are taken from maybe 3-4 inches off of the screen of what we can assume is a 3DS dev unit. Care to explain the scenario in which these were taken, complete with aiming the camera and waiting for it to focus, in which video couldn't have also been taken?

The fact that these pictures are zoomed in means that this wasn't gameplay footage in action. The game was deliberately paused so this shot could be taken.

What are we assuming happened here? A journalist who was previewing SSB4 shouted "LOOK OVER THERE!" and everyone in the room looked away for the necessary 3-4 seconds for him to whip out his phone, aim it perfectly so it could focus and take a screenshot? Then he did it again later to get the other one?

No, if this is real, it had to be someone who could pause a dev unit on two separate occasions. Could they have taken video? Obviously.

Why didn't they? That I can't answer. It may very well be that they intended to leave us uncertain because they enjoy leaving us to speculate. As I said, a video would be rock-solid proof.

I think I'll take Dragin's advice, however, and wash my hands of this discussion. Not only is poking holes in what could be a fake apparently an unpopular activity, but I'm sure that Sakurai himself could come out tomorrow and state that Palutena is NOT playable and a number of posters would declare it an elaborate hoax to surprise us later.

So yeah, how about that cucco leak? :p

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

Very cool, thanks for posting! Can anyone translate the little box beneath Little Mac? Perhaps it explains how his Star KO works.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

This video looks very realistic but it's just a very skilled fake. You can't prove anything without official word from the dev team I think
Yeah, compared to THAT? Modifying an existing Palutena model and standing it next to Mario would be about as difficult as breathing.

As an aside, have people also considered that Palutena could either be an assist trophy (and Pit has a new final smash from KI:U) or still part of Pit's final smash?

The only two pictures have her facing one direction and the only thing she's doing is extending her staff in the 2nd photo which doesn't look like it's an attack since there are no particle effects around it or anything. The pictures could be legit, but it could a bigger troll than we think.

This might've already been discussed, but I don't think I'll have much luck finding it in 600+ pages...

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

Now that you mention it, the fact that all of these articles from notable sites are CERTAIN of the validity of the images says something about the alleged Palutena leak.

I can't find a news outlet that is confident that the Palutena "leak" is real. Maybe someone else can?

You're clearly not grasping what I'm trying to say here so I don't think there's a point to attempting to discuss it with you further.

Let's talk about what's relevant: these pictures are taken from maybe 3-4 inches off of the screen of what we can assume is a 3DS dev unit. Care to explain the scenario in which these were taken, complete with aiming the camera and waiting for it to focus, in which video couldn't have also been taken?

The fact that these pictures are zoomed in means that this wasn't gameplay footage in action. The game was deliberately paused so this shot could be taken.

What are we assuming happened here? A journalist who was previewing SSB4 shouted "LOOK OVER THERE!" and everyone in the room looked away for the necessary 3-4 seconds for him to whip out his phone, aim it perfectly so it could focus and take a screenshot? Then he did it again later to get the other one?

No, if this is real, it had to be someone who could pause a dev unit on two separate occasions. Could they have taken video? Obviously.

Why didn't they? That I can't answer. It may very well be that they intended to leave us uncertain because they enjoy leaving us to speculate. As I said, a video would be rock-solid proof.

I think I'll take Dragin's advice, however, and wash my hands of this discussion. Not only is poking holes in what could be a fake apparently an unpopular activity, but I'm sure that Sakurai himself could come out tomorrow and state that Palutena is NOT playable and a number of posters would declare it an elaborate hoax to surprise us later.

So yeah, how about that cucco leak? :p
No one's grasping what you're trying to say because you're not saying it well.

You're the one creating a narrative here. Assuming that because of the nature of these shots that a video could or should have been taken. I disagree with your assumption. There's a plethora of explanations that are more logical than what you've put forward. And acting like taking a video is not harder than a picture is totally dishonest. It makes me question your motives.

Again you first started assuming things. You assumed it was fake because the leaker could have taken a video. I argue that's wrong. How do you know what the leaker could and couldn't have done? You weren't there. You don't know the situation. You don't even know if the leaker took the pictures. The leaker could have acquired those pictures from someone else. The leaker could have illegally acquired those pictures from someone on the dev team. The problem is you're so sure of this one scenario. I'm here to say, "No Smash_Brother, you're making assumptions. There are 100 different scenarios here...for instance X and X and X.

You're not a martyr. People are being hostile because your arguments aren't very good and you refuse to see reason. Like I said I don't care about Palutena. I've never played KI: Uprising. I don't have a 3DS. I don't plan on playing KI and I don't play with Pit in Smash. I have absolutely no love for those characters and I wouldn't be sad at all if she weren't in. Time and time again I've mentioned legitimate leaks that were released under similar circumstances yet you've yet to address this. You simply gloss over the fact that other games have had leaks just like this without video and it turned out to be true. What is your explanation? What is your argument for that? Video would be more reputable yes, but that doesn't mean an image is suddenly worthless. That doesn't mean we should only judge videos as real and call all images fake.

And no...people here aren't delusional. You are. Sakurai saying Palutena is not playable is a lot different than some random poster saying these images are fake because they aren't accompanied by a video.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, compared to THAT? Modifying an existing Palutena model and standing it next to Mario would be about as difficult as breathing.
I do believe the spectacle you are describing would be a bit more difficult than breathing, considering it is impossible to get Lady Palutena's Uprising model out of the game, since the 3DS is unhackable as of right now. Not impossible, mind you, but a bit more difficult than what you may think.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
No one's grasping what you're trying to say because you're not saying it well.
I'm saying it perfectly well. The fact that people do not wish to believe it is, however, readily apparent, which is why I'm trying to let it lie but I keep getting dragged back into it.

And acting like taking a video is not harder than a picture is totally dishonest. It makes me question your motives.
I already explained 3 pages ago how it's actually easier. Go find it.

And my MOTIVES? How sinister could my motives be, here? What dark designs could I possibly have that would warrant "questioning my motives"?

Also, I already explained my motives: to introduce doubt so that the creator of these fakes doesn't get to laugh his ass off at people. But, if you want to claim I'm out to do something dastardly, okay...

Again you first started assuming things. You assumed it was fake because the leaker could have taken a video.
And if you'd keep up with the discussion instead of going on a tirade, you'd see that I accepted the idea that someone might've taken a screenshot because they enjoy riling people up and a video would be too concrete for that effect.

You're not a martyr. People are being hostile because your arguments aren't very good and you refuse to see reason.
Who's being hostile toward me, other than you? Everyone else is being perfectly civil, and none of them have conjured up any hallucinations about me being a supervillain.

Sakurai saying Palutena is not playable is a lot different than some random poster saying these images are fake because they aren't accompanied by a video.
And yet we both know that there would be a subset of Palutena fans who would hold out hope.

Seriously, is this your first day on the internet or something? :p

I do believe the spectacle you are describing would be a bit more difficult than breathing, considering it is impossible to get Lady Palutena's Uprising model out of the game, since the 3DS is unhackable as of right now. Not impossible, mind you, but a bit more difficult than what you may think.
How certain are you that the 3DS hasn't been hacked? Google seems to disagree...

And considering all of the textures in that video had to be remade from scratch? Also, the models had to be remade.

Do you have ANY idea how long that would take? You could probably have built 10 brand new Palutena models in the time it would've taken to make that video.

And once again, has the possibly of her being an assist trophy/final smash been discussed already?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So much unecessary fighting.

Anyways, still 100% sure the Palutena leak is legit, and I can't wait to see her in motion.

So, I saw talk of a leak that mentions a Cucco Item? Was that leak ever found again? Cuz' I am positive I DID read it some time ago. D:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
He's not familiar with Occam's Razor.
I'm saying it perfectly well. The fact that people do not wish to believe it is, however, readily apparent.

I already explained 3 pages ago how it's actually easier. Go find it.

And my MOTIVES? How sinister could my motives be, here? What dark designs could I possibly have that would warrant "questioning my motives"?

Also, I already explained my motives: to introduce doubt so that the creator of these fakes doesn't get to laugh his *** off at people. But, if you want to claim I'm out to do something dastardly, okay...

And if you'd keep up with the discussion instead of going on a tirade, you'd see that I accepted the idea that someone might've taken a screenshot because they enjoy riling people up and a video would be too concrete for that effect.

Who's being hostile toward me, other than you? Everyone else is being perfectly civil, and none of them have conjured up any hallucinations about me being a supervillain.

And yet we both know that there would be a subset of Palutena fans who would hold out hope.

Seriously, is this your first day on the internet or something? :p

How certain are you that the 3DS hasn't been hacked?

Google seems to disagree...
You gave a very poor and contrived explanation. I also posted a rebuttal to which you only responded with "Oh well you just don't get it". You've still yet to show anyone here how taking a picture is harder than a video. I never said your motives were sinister. You're the one who is creating another narrative here where youre the unfairly prosecuted martyr. It makes me question your motives because it makes no sense. It seems you really just want to say "I told you so" or you just really hate the idea of a faker getting one over on you/the community. That seems to be a common occurrence on these boards. People get so sick of the fake leaks and the endless lies that they start to build up a wall of irrationality so when things that actually do come along that could potentially be real they make up the most absurd reasons as to why it's fake. Maybe that's you. I don't know. But like I said, your irrationality makes me question your motives.

You saying that you only accepted the idea of someone taking a screenshot instead of video because "they enjoy riling people up " just goes to show I'm not that far off. For some reason you can only accept this leak as real if the leaker is this dastardly villian who can't wait to rile up the Smash Community. Such an evil man that guy. I'm sure that goes for all the other leakers in every industry ever. "Give just a bit of information and nothing too concrete. We want to whip them into a frenzy of speculative purgatory! "

Yes a very very small group of people would. But most would simply be pissed at Sakurai and call him an idiot. Very few if any would actually think Sakurai is lying about Palutena not being playable. If anything people would hold out hope for DLC.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I personally think the inclusion of TWO Kid Icarus items makes Palutena as likely as ever.

Watch us get Palutena but she looks completely different than the leak.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
And once again, has the possibly of her being an assist trophy/final smash been discussed already?
It has, the general consensus is that since Palutena has outlines, she must be playable. Personally I am not totally sold on this. I feel like we can't say for certain either way until we see an assist trophy on 3DS, but that is what's generally accepted.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's also the fact that she's generally more detailed than the usual AT. Every AT so far has had blocky, glued together hands, while Palutena's are individually modeled.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would bet that it's either playable character or bust for Palutena.
Usually popular characters like Palutena either end up playable or as a trophy. Assist trophies are usually meant for lesser characters with a sizable following, but not a huge one.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I would bet that it's either playable character or bust for Palutena.
Usually popular characters like Palutena either end up playable or as a trophy. Assist trophies are usually meant for lesser characters with a sizable following, but not a huge one.
Yeah. If not playable, she'd just remain a part of Pit's FS, most likely...

Unless she's a stage hazard on her stage :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This is going to sound ridiculous at first, but...as far as fakes go, making a CGI trailer, provided you have the skills, is much easier to make believeable than an leaked screenshot, especially if it's done the way that one was. Not only that, but it's likely the creator of that trailer had another purpose in mind, like making it as part of a college project. I myself am developing a 3D Sonic fan game for college.

EDIT: Ridley confirmed, he was scaled down and this is the result:

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
can someone write that old rumor which said Cuccos were in the game somehow ?
I want to read it
Can we continue the search? Pages 400 and onwards still need to be gone through to find the leak. If we are going to be lazy about going back to find out some potential information, then what good are we? There may be some non believers, but I swear I saw the Cucco leak with my own two eyes. o.o

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
So much unecessary fighting.

Anyways, still 100% sure the Palutena leak is legit, and I can't wait to see her in motion.

So, I saw talk of a leak that mentions a Cucco Item? Was that leak ever found again? Cuz' I am positive I DID read it some time ago. D:
I'm positive I read it too but I couldn't find it...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
It seems you really just want to say "I told you so" or you just really hate the idea of a faker getting one over on you/the community. That seems to be a common occurrence on these boards. People get so sick of the fake leaks and the endless lies that they start to build up a wall of irrationality so when things that actually do come along that could potentially be real they make up the most absurd reasons as to why it's fake.
If that's the case, I wouldn't freakin' blame him in the least. Do you *see* the tripe people come up with? Has there been a game where so many people fake leaks to get attention?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
If that's the case, I wouldn't freakin' blame him in the least. Do you *see* the tripe people come up with? Has there been a game where so many people fake leaks to get attention?
Well like I said, if his argument were "There are ton's of amateur modelers, animators, modders etc, it's entirely possible this is a very well made fake" then I would have no problem. But saying it's more than likely fake because the guy could have taken video (insane assumption here) is completely and utterly illogical.

I don't care about people saying it's fake. I care about why they say it's fake. If your why makes sense then I'm unbiased enough and rational enough to be on board with you. Like I said earlier it could be an image of Master Chief from Halo in SmashBros and if you say it's fake because there's no video then I'm going to argue against that. Video has nothing to do with the legitimacy of a fake. I can list off more than 100 image leaks that were legitimate.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Well like I said, if his argument were "There are ton's of amateur modelers, animators, modders etc, it's entirely possible this is a very well made fake" then I would have no problem. But saying it's more than likely fake because the guy could have taken video (insane assumption here) is completely and utterly illogical.
I think we can pretty much write off that theory in two stages:

1. A video takes time to shoot.
2. Does somebody with a development copy of a game in front of them usually have time to shoot?

Essentially, whoever took this photo would likely have been in a situation where other people were around him. Development copies aren't handed out here and there to all and sunder. With other people around, every second of video shot is more time they could be potentially spotted, fired and sued. A photo is a click of a button.

The whole 'video is easier than photo' is a ridiculous argument when applied to the scenario at hand. The point some pages above about distribution is important too. If the leaker intended to delete his leak (which he did) soon after, a photo is the only appropriate choice for fast distribution with minimal risk. Uploading a video would mean leaving it up longer for somebody to rip, increasing the chance of the developers linking the leak to him.

Seriously, this whole argument is nonsensical. It's ridiculous to try to apply pros to video over photo in a situation in which hiding ones actions would be integral.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ok, addressing a few topics.

First to the ones who think people "imagined" the Cuccoo leak, we didn't. The leak was posted in this thread. It might have just been a link but it was here and I am 100% certain of that.

2nd about the CGI trailer, you guys are saying faking a screen shot is much easier than making a trailer like that and guess what: it is. But... Do you know how many people worked on that CGI trailer? How long it took that person? How many tools he had at his disposal (models to upgrade and tweak, etc.)?

Just because something is easier than something else doesn't mean they aren't both real hard and time consuming.

No one can truly say whether the Palutena picture is a fake or not. Some people seem to forget that the models inside the game are made by people not by gods. Normally a model is done by a very small team 1-3 people per model which means it also doesn't require an ungodly number of people to make the model either. What I mean by this is that just the same as Sakurai's staff can make a model from scratch, so can a random person make a model from scratch too, its not a skill exclusive to Sakurai's team.

But... What the other side, people like Smash_Brother, seem to forget is that making a model from scratch, heck just hacking, datamining, and then tweaking an existing model in a way which doesn't look like it was butchered and instead looks like its a new "artistic design" takes a whole lot of time and effort. Heck, making a completely new model and making it match Mario's Smash 4 model perfectly or even taking an old model and upgrading it and making it higher res with a higher number of polys and then tweaking it to look exactly like Smash 4's Mario and let's not forget giving the models animations or at least enough joints in the model to tweak their poses for pictures, all of this takes a lot of time and a whole lot of effort.

Days if not weeks of "free hobby time". And let's not forget the fact that the background was in a completely new angle with a completely new view of the stage that had not been seen at the moment of the leak. This means the leaker also made this view of the stage, so he made a 2d background image from scratch and made it match perfectly to Smash 4's background.

All in all, we cannot truly tell if the image is fake or not. But I am more inclined to believe that someone actually took a picture of the game on the 3DS and uploaded it than that someone spent many days or most probably weeks of hard work making 2 image fakes just to troll the community.

3rd. About the video vs picture debate. If you were to take a video as you are describing Smash_Brother then it wouldn't be focused (unless you took the time to focus after you took the phone out of your pants which renders your whole argument completely null) and the video would be incredibly blurry, plus in order to get a video at all you would also have to make sure the video is on the object you want to record which is something that is done while focusing the picture (so it adds extra time to the video). Not only that but you would have to last some extra seconds in order to record unless all you want is a 1 second video of a still image.

It might be as easy to take a very blurry, way too short and uncentered video as it is to take a good quality picture but taking a convincing video takes much longer to do.

And we aren't even taking into account that you will need 1 hand to hold the 3DS and another to hold the phone, how exactly do you expect the person to "play" while recording, he doesn't have 4 hands. At most he could get a video of the pause screen, but if you are going to do that, then why not take a picture and be done with it? Taking a gameplay video will require him to place the camera and 3DS somewhere where they can "stand", focusing, setting the video up, playing, picking both up. Much, much more time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom