• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well, June 24th is my birthday. So if the game was released on that day... well then.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm doubting a June release. But I totally wouldn't mind that. I feel like they're going to release it in August or September. I mean, it'd be nice to see Smash Bros release a month after MK8 just like in 2008 where MKWii released a month after Brawl's release. It'll also space out Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors and whatever game they're planning on releasing soon.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Then it's going to cost the witness even more problems, as it easily spreads through the internet.
Why would a video cause more or fewer problems than a picture?

If that leak is real, someone should be getting fired/sued for it, regardless. A video just does a MUCH better job in convincing us it's real.

Screenshots are much easier to fake than video.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I discovered this image on tumblr, and I KNOW I haven't seen it before. It's just a sleeping shot of Sonic, with Peach floating nearby, in the Wii U version. I have not gotten the chance to check if it was simply on the Nintendo Wii U Facebook page. If it wasn't anything like that, this image is a leak. While the picture itself reveals nothing outright, it would be indication that leaks can actually happen with this game.

http://bluedudewithatude.tumblr.com/image/80668105910

So I discovered this image on tumblr, and I KNOW I haven't seen it before. It's just a sleeping shot of Sonic, with Peach floating nearby, in the Wii U version. I have not gotten the chance to check if it was simply on the Nintendo Wii U Facebook page. If it wasn't anything like that, this image is a leak. While the picture itself reveals nothing outright, it would be indication that leaks can actually happen with this game.

I might recall that one coming from a zip file of various screenshots from a Nintendo press site. I would try to locate it again but it has probably been removed by now; anyone else want to try, too?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If that zip file is the same batch that had tons of Zelda screenshots right after her reveal, the among others, then this is not from the same batch, I don't think.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Let me point something out here which may or may not be of use in the grand scheme of this discussion...

There are three hypothetical situations where a "leaked" screenshot could've originated:

1. Screencap software on the computer of a developer working on SSB4, where it would just as easily be possible to cap video. This is unlikely, as an actual screencap would readily reveal the fact that someone on the dev team is leaking info.

2. An off-screen picture taken by someone, in which case it would be just as easy (if not easier) to capture video, as I explained earlier.

3. Someone making fake pictures to troll us because pictures are easier to fake than video.

If anyone can name a situation in which a genuine leaked screenshot or video could be generated other than those I've listed, I'm open to suggestions, but I believe this covers it.

Thus, I'm extremely skeptical of any leaked screenshot because the obvious question every leaked screenshot raises is simply "Why did you not take a video?"

This isn't 2001. Bandwidth is plentiful. People can upload video to facebook (or 2chan) directly from their cellphones. There's really no excuse for not getting video instead of screenshots, unless the goal is to troll us with fakes.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
That's not impossible either considering how Nintendo is great friends with SEGA. Either way, Dark Phazon, if you're gonna scold me, do it in the second sonic rep thread
Every single Nintendo IP has a higher priority than having a second third party rep from the same game

#truthhurts

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I have an idea on the Palutena pic. What if it was Nintendo who leaked it to spur up hype on the game and to get it free publicity.

Although why it would need anymore publicity, amirite?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Whoa whoa whoa. The leak said June 24th? Of this year? That's.... soon....

This better not be fake. Too late, I'm over hyped.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
What leak are you guys referring to if I may ask?

It's a different batch IIRC, it popped up some time ago.
Sorry I don't have a link. I just read posts about people saying there's a leak that says the Wii U Smash will be out June 24th and the 3DS Smash will be out November 25th.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Whoa whoa whoa. The leak said June 24th? Of this year? That's.... soon....

This better not be fake. Too late, I'm over hyped.
It better be fake, I plan on buying Mario Kart 8 on May 31st, and Super Smash Bros in November. I need time to get some more money.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I fully expect both SSB4 games to be released for the holiday (Nov-ish).

Unless someone can name something else Nintendo has to be their big holiday seller...?

Last edited:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice

It's from the press site. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100910708&postcount=4913

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I have an idea on the Palutena pic. What if it was Nintendo who leaked it to spur up hype on the game and to get it free publicity.

And certainly not here.

We're the last bunch of people who they need to advertise to. Fake screenshots do nothing to raise awareness of SSB4 in places where it would be needed.

And usually after a Zelda game for the console is announced, it takes another year+ for it to be released. So I doubt Zelda U will be out before 2015.
Also, what would the 3DS' holiday seller be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
And certainly not here.

We're the last bunch of people who they need to advertise to. Fake screenshots do nothing to raise awareness of SSB4 in places where it would be needed.
Exactly. So maybe this was meant to stir up hype elsewhere.

Also, what would the 3DS' holiday seller be?
Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton?

Also, double post dude. :laugh:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Exactly. So maybe this was meant to stir up hype elsewhere.
It wouldn't stir up hype anywhere but with people who had already intended to buy SSB4, though.

The announcement of 3rd party characters is the type of thing that'll stir up hype outside of the group of people who were already going to buy SSB4 anyway, such as Megaman fans.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sorry I don't have a link. I just read posts about people saying there's a leak that says the Wii U Smash will be out June 24th and the 3DS Smash will be out November 25th.
I will legitly cry tears of sorrow if this is true. That is such a gap between release dates. I'm only getting the 3DS version, and if I had to wait five months to try and not spoil the roster, it would be impossible.

Of course, I think all leaks so far are fake sans the Palutena one so yeah, not buying it.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Wasn't Zelda U technically "announced" last year?
And by that I mean announcements with trailers. SB4 had the same treatment. One off-handed 'announcement' and then a trailer a year later, with a release date set for TBA.

And when the Wii U was made to run Zelda U, you'd think they'd have given us a peak of it besides that HD 'demo' 2 years ago at E3 2012.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Let's take it a step further.. What if Nintendo themselves made models for Palutena and then made the leaks just to make everyone think Palutena was going to be playable and then have it turn out she's still only Pit's FS.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Let's take it a step further.. What if Nintendo themselves made models for Palutena and then made the leaks just to make everyone think Palutena was going to be playable and then have it turn out she's still only Pit's FS.
That would piss people off. lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's come down to reality. What sort of major powerful company does this? Let alone the most powerful company in all of video games? Just for ****s and giggles.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Let me point something out here which may or may not be of use in the grand scheme of this discussion...

There are three hypothetical situations where a "leaked" screenshot could've originated:

1. Screencap software on the computer of a developer working on SSB4, where it would just as easily be possible to cap video. This is unlikely, as an actual screencap would readily reveal the fact that someone on the dev team is leaking info.

2. An off-screen picture taken by someone, in which case it would be just as easy (if not easier) to capture video, as I explained earlier.

3. Someone making fake pictures to troll us because pictures are easier to fake than video.

If anyone can name a situation in which a genuine leaked screenshot or video could be generated other than those I've listed, I'm open to suggestions, but I believe this covers it.

Thus, I'm extremely skeptical of any leaked screenshot because the obvious question every leaked screenshot raises is simply "Why did you not take a video?"

This isn't 2001. Bandwidth is plentiful. People can upload video to facebook (or 2chan) directly from their cellphones. There's really no excuse for not getting video instead of screenshots, unless the goal is to troll us with fakes.
Maybe they don't want to comprimze there location, a video also records sounds and harder to make sure you don't get any of the environment around you in the vid.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Let's come down to reality. What sort of major powerful company does this? Let alone the most powerful company in all of video games? Just for ****s and giggles.

I plan to make my own Videogame dev studio and I would do this as often as I could.

And you all have heard of game creepypasta's right? Well I wanna do something like that with one of my games. I'd personally make one copy of this 'creepypasta' game and put it in a regular game case and ship it out with the millions of other copies. It'll play out like a regular haunted game like in all the creepypasta's, but it would start to happen about 15 minutes into the game while the player suspects nothing, then WHAM!, spooky haunted game glitches.

After that, If anyone calls in asking about the game, we'll send him a free copy of the real one, and a couple hundred bucks in exchange for spreading this around the internet and help get the game some notoriety. It's cheap publicity.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
you do know this game could release in July and still be a contender for the holiday season, game wont disappear

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Ore Club. Plus Palutena's statue is in the background.

That makes:
2 Uprising Items
2 Uprising Stages
2 Uprising NPCs

And people keep saying Palutena won't get in, because Uprising doesnt deserve to be repped in this game, and that Sakurai wouldnt favor the games he made.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
That makes:
2 Uprising Items
2 Uprising Stages
2 Uprising NPCs

And people keep saying Palutena won't get in, because Uprising doesnt deserve to be repped in this game, and that Sakurai wouldnt favor the games he made.
Well, all I can say is that only time will tell. I mean I am not against the idea or anything. I am just saying that this is one of those moments where we shall wait and see if Palutena gets in as a character, AT, background character, etc. I mean the possibilities are just endless at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom