• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Ok, thanks this are a bit ridiculous and why are they focused on Layton?
Layton/Phoenix crossover is on the frontpage. Whoever gets the frontpage/big spread tends to get a daft section at the back. Last issue had something about Mario Kart I believe. It's not a bad magazine, but sometimes they tend to stray too far into the absurd.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can only guess that not much in the way of leaks is going on now. Since we seem to be going back to talking about Palutena. So far I don't think we've seen too much to discredit the leak being real. I wonder if the leaker can snuff out more information. I doubt it, heck, I'm not even sure if I want to be spoiled even further. It's just that it would be interesting as all.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I can only guess that not much in the way of leaks is going on now. Since we seem to be going back to talking about Palutena. So far I don't think we've seen too much to discredit the leak being real. I wonder if the leaker can snuff out more information. I doubt it, heck, I'm not even sure if I want to be spoiled even further. It's just that it would be interesting as all.
More like a stubborn person really wants to debunk a leak because they think it doesn't look right.
That's me, by the way.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Layton/Phoenix crossover is on the frontpage. Whoever gets the frontpage/big spread tends to get a daft section at the back. Last issue had something about Mario Kart I believe. It's not a bad magazine, but sometimes they tend to stray too far into the absurd.
I wanted to subscribe but they wanted to charge 100 bucks for a american subscription.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If I were to guess what Sakurai might do.... Which I totally am! I would say that takamaru may be our next big reveal.

I suspect that the next nintendo direct will be in early April slightly before if not the same day as the release of nes remix 2. It will show takamarus game as one of the games showcased within nes remix 2. As such Sakurai will announce takamaru as the newcomer.

I base this on nothing but wild speculation. Also I have never predicted anything right so I have a great track record.
Imagine if Mii gets revealed in April and everyone will dry hump Salmorono?Salamence.. Whatever his name is the LeakyE3Peroid juice will be everywhere all over again and PeePz will be talking about that instead of Pale-Tuna's leak and the build up of what there is to talk about till E3 2014 would be sooo dry........

Well i think this is the worse newcomer outcome that could happen for April thats if we get a newcomer because it will be so crap and it will string along soo much over crap aswell...

RealTalk

What you guys think?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Imagine if Mii gets revealed in April and everyone will dry hump Salmorono?Salamence.. Whatever his name is the LeakyE3Peroid juice will be everywhere all over again and PeePz will be talking about that instead of Pale-Tuna's leak and the build up of what there is to talk about till E3 2014 would be sooo dry........

Well i think this is the worse newcomer outcome that could happen for April thats if we get a newcomer because it will be so crap and it will string along soo much over crap aswell...

RealTalk

What you guys think?
Eh, idk, I honestly see Chrom or Palutena coming in before Mii.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Personally, I want Miis to die in a fire, but that's just me, can't stop other people from supporting them.

Regardless, I don't expect Miis in April. I don't exactly have a newcomer set in my mind, but I don't think it'll be Miis.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wait, what about a Layton leak? Did someone use that little snippit from ONM as a leak?

Goodness and I even said in the Profesor Layton support thread to not mistake it for a leak......
Oh, and before a misunderstanding arises like that one "Layton joins the grand Smash tournament" stuff. This is not a leak. It's just ONM poking some fun.
Ah well, at least it has been cleared up now...

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I really don't want Mii as a newcomer and I'm really unimpressed with the newcomers so far other than Mega Man and Little Mac BUT,

What if Sakurai is doing this on purpose? He wants to get the least impressive newcomers out of the way first... Think about it, Little Mac (aside from Mega Man, he's a special case) is probably the most requested newcomer revealed so far.

Think about it (Again, Mega Man being a special case)... Villager is probably the least popular because he's absurd but not way too absurd, Wii Fit Trainer is next to be revealed which blows Villager out of the water in terms of absurdity then comes Rosalina for the waifu lovers/genuine Rosalina likers, she's quite popular and then of course the most popular/hyped out of those three... Little Mac.

I'd say Chrom will be revealed next then Ridley, Pac Man & maybe Mii for e3.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Nice try (I guess). Here are few pointers for the next leak you make:

I just got done emailing my friend, and here's what I was told.
Too basic of a distraction here. You succeed in getting attention away from yourself, but you fail to seem credible. Nest time mention your friend's position.

Miis will be in the game.
Perfect. Completely vague.

The development team are making and effort to add two more characters to the roster of 48, but my friend has stated he honestly cannot get any more information of who those two characters are.
This sort of vague idea is common among leaks. Lack of information on some characters. Giving away a number seems suspicious when you only give us 5 newcomers. With 22 characters already confirmed, 6 (counting PT) more gives us 28. If there are 48, that leaves 18 unaccounted for. Brawl had 37 characters, so 48 in this game means 11 newcomers. With 5 revealed newcomers and the 5 you gave us that leaves one unaccounted for. Sloppy math here, fella. Also, the other 2 characters that are unknown to even your friend. Seems unlikely that characters are still being added, but it is possible.

Pacman will be the last 3rd party character.
Too specific. You should have kept this as simple as "Pacman will be in the game."

I've also been told that that Shulk will make an appearance as a character.
Beautifully vague.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina for each the Pokemon is now no longer.
This sentence is worded very awkwardly; please try to avoid the use of passive voice. Also, too specific. You should have said, "Pokemon Trainer's stamina system has been altered."

Both versions of the games online will be great. There will be a feature to invite players and join games on the Wii U version by the time this game comes out
Opinion. "By the time the game comes out" is a pointless thing to say, obviously the online system is not currently up and running before the game releases.

The 3DS version will feature less retro stages. The 3DS version will have 3 retro stages from the Nintendo 64, and the Wii U version will have 5 stages from the Gamecube and Wii.
Too specific. Simple should have said, "Retro stages return."

Skins will make an appearance for many characters. Dr. Mario will return as a skin, Luigi will have a skin as Dr. Luigi, etc
This idea is too fan-based. Calls to mind Project M, not Sakurai.

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western will become a character.
Perfect.

Chrom will be the only added Fire Emblem character.
Awkward wording. Saying, "the only added Fire Emblem character" implies the leaker's knowledge of the fan split between Awakening representatives.

Yoshi's neutral special attack has been give more range.
Vague enough, I suppose.

I've been told new attack mechanics like tilts will NOT be exclusive to Little Mac
Tilting on Side Smashes is already present to some degree, though not to the extent of Mac's. Overall sounds like a comment on a fan theories.

He also wanted me to emphasise the fact that the release date for both versions will be in the same month, which he says will be during the holiday season. (I would guess November.)
In the same month? But not the same day? Seems highly unlikely that would be the case. They would just stagger one to release on the same date as the other if that were the case.

Also, Nintendo plans to support this game for a VERY long time
Perfectly vague. Implies DLC and patches but states nothing. Great job.

This is just about as much information I could get right now. I'll check back again after the Nintendo Direct in April.
Yes, to comment on a newcomer you supposedly knew of the whole time.

Overall, I give this leak a 3/10. Try again. Remember the vaguer the better. That way your leak can defend itself if something is slightly off. Also, attempting to defend the leak yourself is suspicious. You should post and never look back, or disregard responses completely and post more information if you must. Also, post outside of a leak discussion topic - way too suspicious.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Leave it to the internet to take a comedic tongue in cheek joke writing and blow it completely out of proportion into some sort of legit game leak.... :/

Ah well, at least you know that it isn't actually a real leak of some sort. ^^

Edit: In case it hasn't been posted yet, here is the whole page ONM made, they even admitted it themselves that it's just their own ideas of with what Layton could crossover next at the very top.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1. Comparing Luigi, Peach, and Bowser to Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik in the sense of being iconic is understandable, but to be included in a game bringing together Nintendo's all stars is a completely different story.. Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all in because they are the mainstays of Nintendo's most well known and influential series. This same logic would apply to their Sega counterparts, if this was a Sega crossover game, not a Nintendo one.
2. It is obvious that Sega is a huge part of Nintendo's history. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that they deserve a 2nd character. Sakurai himself has stated that Namco, the team developing the game, will not get special priority over other third party companies, for having characters in the game (meaning that they for example won't get 2 characters just because they are helping develop the game). Now if Namco, the devs of the game, don't get 2 characters in the game, why would Sega? Sure, they have history and have been in good terms for years, but that should only be enough to justify Sonic in the game alone. Nintendo IP's have many characters per franchise because they are important first party Nintendo characters, so they belong in a Nintendo all stars game. Sonic, along with Mega Man, Snake, or any other third party character, is there as a guest character, representing not only their franchise, but their whole company's relevancy and history with Nintendo alone, deeming a second character unnecessary.
3. Can you imagine the ****storm from the fans if a second Sonic character got in, but not a second Mega Man or Metal Gear character. (Or even worse, a first party fan favorite not making the cut)
I know right can you imagine they delay the game last minute to put in shadow and there for couldnt finish Ridley and Mewtwo.

Lmao its so messed up its funny....

How mad people would be...ow my......seriously....lol people thought the brawl thing was bad......

andimidna

Smash Master
Huh. I still think it's kind of funny that they'd talk about Professor Layton relating to Smash Bros though. I'm not surprised at all that people overreacted.

Not the most likely or my top wanted, but he'd be pretty neat.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Considering all of Sonic's close ties with Nintendo, it can happen. Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding, provided I see absolutely no reason to just assume any leak with a second sonic character to be a fake that recklessly, that's just stupid. A second MegaMan or Metal gear character leak would be fake, but a second sonic character is by no means questionable.
To be honest the only way i see Sonic getting another Rep is if Ninty buys out Sega or the Sonic IP or whatever it is or how it works....

RealTalk

Just my opnion on it though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Huh. I still think it's kind of funny that they'd talk about Professor Layton relating to Smash Bros though. I'm not surprised at all that people overreacted.
Well they did discuss Layton in other games to crossover since that was what the subject was about as the Ace Attorney crossover will come out in a few days here in Europe. And since they are a Nintendo based magazine, they would naturally include the Super Smash Bros series into this.

Not to mention that Professor Layton is one of ONM's most wanted characters too. So I guess including it in there was more than a given.

Though I do think people overreacted a little too much, if only those who posted this had just read the part at the very top of the page... Or maybe they wanted to see what sort of reaction they could get from the internet....

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Considering all of Sonic's close ties with Nintendo, it can happen. Some people even consider the Sonic franchise only non Nintendo by branding, provided I see absolutely no reason to just assume any leak with a second sonic character to be a fake that recklessly, that's just stupid. A second MegaMan or Metal gear character leak would be fake, but a second sonic character is by no means questionable.
What people? The 100 other fans you created in your head? Seriously, you could argue the same thing about PacMan and the ghost cause he is in Mario Kart. Stop spreading this BS.

NNID
aiw1198
What people? The 100 other fans you created in your head? Seriously, you could argue the same thing about PacMan and the ghost cause he is in Mario Kart. Stop spreading this BS.
It begins.
Listen, it's over now. This has already been covered, albeit on the wrong topic, now can we stay on track. :dizzy:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
To be honest the only way i see Sonic getting another Rep is if Ninty buys out Sega or the Sonic IP or whatever it is or how it works....

RealTalk

Just my opnion on it though.
That's not impossible either considering how Nintendo is great friends with SEGA. Either way, Dark Phazon, if you're gonna scold me, do it in the second sonic rep thread

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Stop the stupid second Sonic character argument. It ended about 10 pages ago, and some of you were warned not to bring it up again.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just for future reference. If we get another picture leak and the character doesn't have an outline don't assume its not a character or an assist trophy. Remember the outlines can be removed.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Fake leaks are okay IMO, but not when they happen each and every day. thisthreadusedtobequiet

Dear Diary, today I revealed the Cucco Assist Trophy, I had chicken for dinner in celebration. I began recording my lines for King Dedede, I don't English very well, but I hope I nailed "Dat Dhere Kirby." Miyamoto stopped by again to make fun of me. He's such a bully, but I'll show him, all the Mario characters will still be low tier except for Geno. "laughs" Iwata still won't stop calling me every hour to tell me that the fate of the company is in my hands. I told him to name it the "Super Wii" but no he chose listen to Reggie instead. Speaking of which, he sent me another petition for him to be in the game. It's getting annoying at this point, I mean I already told him that Bandai Namco already called dibs with Bravoman. I want to tell him there's no room left, but I know his body isn't ready and it was already hard enough telling Kojima no to Snake. It's days like this that make me glad I waited for the Ridley reveal. It's going to read "A top Pyrosphere, an old enemy ambushes Samus. He's too big to be playable, but Ridley appears nonetheless." "laughs" Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.
Wow...LMAOOOO that got more likes then when i first posted this LOOOOOOL.

l6s8j.jpg

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but this info does sound believable.
Well...thats the point xD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah ok, sounds funny though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Guys, try to stay on topic. I know there aren't a whole lot of leaks available, but try to keep it on topic.

I wish I knew what the Cucco leak looked like, because I've heard quite a bit about it but have never seen.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Guys, try to stay on topic. I know there aren't a whole lot of leaks available, but try to keep it on topic.

I wish I knew what the Cucco leak looked like, because I've heard quite a bit about it but have never seen.
You've never seen it because it never existed to begin with.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
So, that June 24th leak sounds promising.

It also matches up with the Novermber 25th 3DS leak too, 4 months after the Wiii U version almost exactly. And keep in mind the 31st is usually the place-holder date, not the 24/5th. 4 months is long enough for people to pick up a Wii U for it.

I'd literally cry if April direct starts off with Palutena/Shulk/Pacman/Mii and we finally hear those Engrish words, "Super Smash Brothers for Wii U will be released on June 24th and the 3DS version on November 25th."

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489

It also matches up with the Novermber 25th 3DS leak too, 4 months after the Wiii U version almost exactly. And keep in mind the 31st is usually the place-holder date, not the 24/5th. 4 months is long enough for people to pick up a Wii U for it.

I'd literally cry if April direct starts off with Palutena/Shulk/Pacman/Mii and we finally hear those Engrish words, "Super Smash Brothers for Wii U will be released on June 24th and the 3DS version on November 25th."
A leak stating that Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is coming out June 24th? Do you have a link to that leak?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

November is 5 months after June, not 4.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Nice try (I guess). Here are few pointers for the next leak you make:

Too basic of a distraction here. You succeed in getting attention away from yourself, but you fail to seem credible. Nest time mention your friend's position.

Perfect. Completely vague.

This sort of vague idea is common among leaks. Lack of information on some characters. Giving away a number seems suspicious when you only give us 5 newcomers. With 22 characters already confirmed, 6 (counting PT) more gives us 28. If there are 48, that leaves 18 unaccounted for. Brawl had 37 characters, so 48 in this game means 11 newcomers. With 5 revealed newcomers and the 5 you gave us that leaves one unaccounted for. Sloppy math here, fella. Also, the other 2 characters that are unknown to even your friend. Seems unlikely that characters are still being added, but it is possible.

Too specific. You should have kept this as simple as "Pacman will be in the game."

Beautifully vague.

This sentence is worded very awkwardly; please try to avoid the use of passive voice. Also, too specific. You should have said, "Pokemon Trainer's stamina system has been altered."

Opinion. "By the time the game comes out" is a pointless thing to say, obviously the online system is not currently up and running before the game releases.

Too specific. Simple should have said, "Retro stages return."

This idea is too fan-based. Calls to mind Project M, not Sakurai.

Perfect.

Awkward wording. Saying, "the only added Fire Emblem character" implies the leaker's knowledge of the fan split between Awakening representatives.

Vague enough, I suppose.

Tilting on Side Smashes is already present to some degree, though not to the extent of Mac's. Overall sounds like a comment on a fan theories.

In the same month? But not the same day? Seems highly unlikely that would be the case. They would just stagger one to release on the same date as the other if that were the case.

Perfectly vague. Implies DLC and patches but states nothing. Great job.

Yes, to comment on a newcomer you supposedly knew of the whole time.

Overall, I give this leak a 3/10. Try again. Remember the vaguer the better. That way your leak can defend itself if something is slightly off. Also, attempting to defend the leak yourself is suspicious. You should post and never look back, or disregard responses completely and post more information if you must. Also, post outside of a leak discussion topic - way too suspicious.

This was painful to read.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman

It's a great idea, in my opinion. It spaces the games evenly enough so that people are more likely to buy both.

There are the insatiable Wii U owners dying for their "killer app", and the 3DS people who easily have enough games to tide them over until the holiday season. I know I'll be one of the ones who goes for both, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom