• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And remember the direct footage is still a beta, for one thing Bowser doesn't move his fingers like he does in the Wii version.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I doubt there is like 5 miliseconds where he changes his position entirely. Unless Mario has a twitching problem.
@WingedSnagret , I am comparing to Developer's direct.
From what I can capture (by running through rapidly pausing) it's not really a dramatic positioning difference - more that in the Palutena pic his fist finishes slightly more horizontally/diagonally, where as the best I can get from the video is facing front, vertical tilt. This I could put down to either capturing the wrong frame, or slight idle positioning changes during development. For me it's just not drastic enough that it casts too much doubt on the picture.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
From what I can capture (by running through rapidly pausing) it's not really a dramatic positioning difference - more that in the Palutena pic his fist finishes slightly more horizontally/diagonally, where as the best I can get from the video is facing front, vertical tilt. This I could put down to either capturing the wrong frame, or slight idle positioning changes during development. For me it's just not drastic enough that it casts too much doubt on the picture.
But the transition from the pic of the day position and the leak is like, odd. And it would be a drastic change to make it circular, and the leak really makes it look circular.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yeah, I am deffinatively (spelled hat wrong) sure about Palutena now. Thank you, guys. Or, Girls. Possibly both.

Can't wait to see her in motion.
You could have just said guys, as that works for both sexes as long as one male is present in the group of people you're referring to lol
Anyways, I don't think the pic of the day affects the Palutena leak at all really. Seems like people are reaching to me. we probably won't know about the legitimacy of that leak for awhile.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When was this leak made? It's still in beta though. Also any one care to explain the overall straps?
The Palutena leak was made about mid January. And what about Mario's straps? What's off about them?

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Included the best image I could get as an attachment to the post (I'm on my phone and it ain't letting me upload it anywhere). It's close enough for me that I believe if I went through frame by frame in a program, rather than hitting pause, I reckon I could get closer. I do see what you mean, however, the window that positioning is in seems to be very slim. I think I'm probably more inclined to believe there's been a slight animation change between the video and the picture - the leak itself has a lot going for it.

Attachments

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For the Palutena leak to be fake, a few things would have to be true:

1. A full perfect-looking Palutena model with textures was created solely for the leak.
2. Mario's Smash Bros. model was also perfectly recreated.
3. The leaker perfectly recreated the Battlefield background, guessing parts that hadn't yet been seen.
4. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to just troll the community.

Of course, all those things could be true, but it's so much more likely that the leak is real.
You're missing the most important one that is true regardless of whether or not the leak is legit.

5. Someone has a lot of time on their hands.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The Palutena leak was made about mid January. And what about Mario's straps? What's off about them?
January 22nd, to be exact! So... It's been a little over 2 months.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
As much faith as I have in the Palutena leak, I can't help but think that Mario is far too sharp in the image - the characters have been noticeably more jagged in Sakurai's shots. As far as the comparison above goes, however, could Mario not be simply in a different frame of the idle animation, hence the shadowing and positioning differences?
You said exactly what I was thinking

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why it is that leakers can never seem to get video? Cellphones record video just as easily as take pictures. Even a 4-5 second video would be proof enough for most people.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Why it is that leakers can never seem to get video? Cellphones record video just as easily as take pictures. Even a 4-5 second video would be proof enough for most people.
Because that's be no fun for them! The person who leaked it will be loving us debating it non-stop, and we'll keep on doing it until she's confirmed! A video is far too easy :')

@ Substitution Substitution

Haha, cheers. It should've said pages, not posts. I suck.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
That would cause even more problems for themselves if there was video footage, it's not as easy as record and sneak.
But that's just it: it's actually EASIER to capture video than it is to take a picture...

1. Start smartphone recording video.

2. Put phone in pocket.

3. As you walk by whatever you want to record, pull out the phone and hold it up for a moment. This requires no tapping of the screen to take a picture or waiting while the phone figures out its camera software.

4. Return phone to pocket.

5. Share leak on internet.

A high res image file and a low res movie file are practically going to be the same size. I just don't see it being any harder to leak video these days...

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Too long on the leak.
Yeah, I can definitely see that - there's a difference in the video between where the middle of the overalls stop. Again, though, I'd probably just put it down to minor tweaking. There must be countless edits made to animations and appearance throughout development. I'd be happier if we got another close-up 3DS Mario to compare to Palutena, to be honest.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The it's hard reasoning is kinda flawed. People have gone to lengths to make a leak.
The graphics on that Mewtwo look real old.

But that's just it: it's actually EASIER to capture video than it is to take a picture...

1. Start smartphone recording video.

2. Put phone in pocket.

3. As you walk by whatever you want to record, pull out the phone and hold it up for a moment. This requires no tapping of the screen to take a picture or waiting while the phone figures out its camera software.

4. Return phone to pocket.

5. Share leak on internet.

A high res image file and a low res movie file are practically going to be the same size. I just don't see it being any harder to leak video these days...
Then it's going to cost the witness even more problems, as it easily spreads through the internet.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yeah, I can definitely see that - there's a difference in the video between where the middle of the overalls stop. Again, though, I'd probably just put it down to minor tweaking. There must be countless edits made to animations and appearance throughout development. I'd be happier if we got another close-up 3DS Mario to compare to Palutena, to be honest.
Could be the camera angle, as well. The angle in the PotD is looking more downwards than the leaked picture. Could also account for being unable to find that exact position of his hand facing the screen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One minor thought of the Palutena leak, if true then I think it confirms the option to hide the pause screen UI from Brawl

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Could be the camera angle, as well. The angle in the PotD is looking more downwards than the leaked picture. Could also account for being unable to find that exact position of his hand facing the screen.
Developer's direct also has same length of straps. It's pretty clear they are different lengths. What I don't see, is why would they change the model so much from developer's direct, and then bring that model back. And he is crazy smooth. More than the close up of Rosalina. Also the Mewtwo leak was for Brawl so, yeah.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Then congrats to the crazy person who made it for making a better Mario Model than Nintendo themselves.

I still think this rumour is legit but kudos to who faked it if true.

Shin F.

Smash Master
One minor thought of the Palutena leak, if true then I think it confirms the option to hide the pause screen UI from Brawl
It's possible that the UI appears on the bottom screen, as well.
Developer's direct also has same length of straps. It's pretty clear they are different lengths. What I don't see, is why would they change the model so much from developer's direct, and then bring that model back. And he is crazy smooth. More than the close up of Rosalina. Also the Mewtwo leak was for Brawl so, yeah.
Not really. The straps may appear longer due to different camera angles. With the one facing slightly downwards, his head could be covering them up. In addition, foreshortening at that angle would also make them appear shorter. And again, he may appear smoother because of how close the camera is.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
It's possible that the UI appears on the bottom screen, as well.

Not really. The straps may appear longer due to different camera angles. With the one facing slightly downwards, his head could be covering them up. In addition, foreshortening at that angle would also make them appear shorter.

Pretty clear.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I'm looking at both (the leak and today's PotD), and Mario's overalls look the same size. One Mario is smaller and the camera's at a different angle, is all.

In both pics, the suspenders go down to about the middle of Mario's chest.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The it's hard reasoning is kinda flawed. People have gone to lengths to make a leak.
The main problem with that one is Mewtwo's name being misspelled. The correct spelling is ミュウツー.

About today's picture and the Palutena leak, once again nothing if it's fake or true, but Mario's model is fairly consistent. Mind that the coloring is different, but that's entirely justified thanks to the lighting effects of the stage.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The problem with the Palutena leak is that it has been around for too long and most people have made up their mind on it more or less. The only thing that is going to vastly change the mind of either side is a confirmation/deconfirmation at this point.

Dairz

Smash Ace

Pretty clear.
It looks like the overalls space between the buttons is straighter on the left, while on the right it looks curved. The buttons also look smaller on the right, and in a different spot. Who knows, could be nothing...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The problem with the Palutena leak is that it has been around for too long and most people have made up their mind on it more or less. The only thing that is going to vastly change the mind of either side is a confirmation/deconfirmation at this point.
The people who have made up their mind that the Palutena leak is false are the people who have made up their mind on every leak before they even happen. You know, the ones screaming about how "all leaks are false," opening up the door for others to come in and remind them "Uh...except the ones that weren't false?"

I don't see how anyone can continuously nitpick something as mundane as a wrist strap or an overall button and completely miss every other reason this leak is the single most valid one we've gotten this go around, maybe even in all of Smash history.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The thing with comparing the leak to the Developer Direct is that the Direct is nearly a year old, I think. You know, back when Sakurai said things could be changed.

Plus, Mario is in a different frame in the Direct picture, meaning his body would obviously be in a different position.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The people who have made up their mind that the Palutena leak is false are the people who have made up their mind on every leak before they even happen. You know, the ones screaming about how "all leaks are false," opening up the door for others to come in and remind them "Uh...except the ones that weren't false?"
I don't see how anyone can continuously nitpick something as mundane as a wrist strap or an overall button and completely miss every other reason this leak is the single most valid one we've gotten this go around, maybe even in all of Smash history.
I definitely don't disgree as I think the leak is real myself. I guess my point is more on the discussion itself even if did reveal something more concrete about it being real or fake would it change the minds of the other side outside of a complete confirmation or deconfirmation of Paluetna's role? At this point I'm very much doubting that. I suppose it's more of a round about way of me considering the futility of the converstation in regards ot it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did anyone else notice that, in today's pic of the day, Mario and Link were in the exact same poses when Sakurai showed them with and without outlines?

No idea if this affects anything about any leaks, but maybe just some food for thought.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Did anyone else notice that, in today's pic of the day, Mario and Link were in the exact same poses when Sakurai showed them with and without outlines?

No idea if this affects anything about any leaks, but maybe just some food for thought.
Interesting observation. Can they be changed in-battle, perhaps, using the bottom screen? If so, he may have paused it and changed the outlines while it was paused.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Cue leaks saying you can change the outlines in the pause menu.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Interesting observation. Can they be changed in-battle, perhaps, using the bottom screen? If so, he may have paused it and changed the outlines while it was paused.
That seems like the most likely conclusion. Unless Sakurai is just THAT nit-picky about poses in pics.
Cue leaks saying you can change the outlines in the pause menu.
It'll come. Don't you worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom