• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Shulk has been in only one game so not a good idea.

----> Ice Climbers

I ****ing hate bad written leaks.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Shulk has been in only one game so not a good idea.

----> Ice Climbers

I ****ing hate bad written leaks.

I'd love Shulk, and I'd be advocating his addition even more had he been announced to play some role in Monolith Soft's X. However, without details on that, and only one game in his library, he may not be recognizable enough. That, and I worry he'd play too similarly to the Fire Emblem reps. Personally, I'm not a fan of sword-wielding fighters at all. I very rarely played as Marth, Ike or Roy.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
How the hell is that proof that she's in it looks different. Leak looks better, skin tone is off, overall straps are different lengths.
Nobody listens anyways. I want Palutena, and hope this leak is true, but it seems off.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fake leaks are okay IMO, but not when they happen each and every day. thisthreadusedtobequiet

Dear Diary, today I revealed the Cucco Assist Trophy, I had chicken for dinner in celebration. I began recording my lines for King Dedede, I don't English very well, but I hope I nailed "Dat Dhere Kirby." Miyamoto stopped by again to make fun of me. He's such a bully, but I'll show him, all the Mario characters will still be low tier except for Geno. "laughs" Iwata still won't stop calling me every hour to tell me that the fate of the company is in my hands. I told him to name it the "Super Wii" but no he chose listen to Reggie instead. Speaking of which, he sent me another petition for him to be in the game. It's getting annoying at this point, I mean I already told him that Bandai Namco already called dibs with Bravoman. I want to tell him there's no room left, but I know his body isn't ready and it was already hard enough telling Kojima no to Snake. It's days like this that make me glad I waited for the Ridley reveal. It's going to read "A top Pyrosphere, an old enemy ambushes Samus. He's too big to be playable, but Ridley appears nonetheless." "laughs" Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.
Lol, this probably exactly how he thinks.

Billy was cut because of lack of vehicle ideas. You're thinking of motorcycles and more than one character in a car.
Besides, Smash can't really be compared to a racing game.
How dare they cut billy for such a stupid reason!

Now onto the leaks, that new one is cool, but the stage ideas are cool. As for that Layton idea lol, nintedno is involved in a big conspiracy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'd love Shulk, and I'd be advocating his addition even more had he been announced to play some role in Monolith Soft's X. However, without details on that, and only one game in his library, he may not be recognizable enough. That, and I worry he'd play too similarly to the Fire Emblem reps. Personally, I'm not a fan of sword-wielding fighters at all. I very rarely played as Marth, Ike or Roy.
He can have very different moves, but that depends on Sakurai. For Sakurai, Falcon and Ganondorf battle the same.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
He can have very different moves, but that depends on Sakurai. For Sakurai, Falcon and Ganondorf battle the same.
If he were to ditch sword combat that'd be great - but that's just personal preference. Also, kinda doesn't work too well when he'd be Xenoblade's rep. ;)

Sadly, I just don't see him getting in with just the one game, as you said.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If he were to ditch sword combat that'd be great - but that's just personal preference. Also, kinda doesn't work too well when he'd be Xenoblade's rep. ;)

Sadly, I just don't see him getting in with just the one game, as you said.
Have you played Xenoblade? Why would he fight without the Monado?
Would you like to see Link fighting without sword and shield? Come on.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Shulk is from one of the most highly rated Nintendo games of all time. That's got to count for something, right? Yes, Shulk does have a sword, but the manado is quite different from any other sword I've seen.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It gives Shulk a consideration that will prevent most people from dismissing him entirely when he appears in Leaks. Other then that not much in the way of evidence going for or against him so he's just a possiblity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember when the Brawl roster was leaked on NeoGaf, the leakers confirmed their source with a mod, who then backed them up. Couldn't we do something like that here? Either One_4_U gives proof of his source privately to the mods, or he shuts up. You guys CAN be trusted, right?
I doubt we'd be able to confirm it publicly and I'm sure Nintendo reps would be in here within hours of it happening, interrogating us about who leaked it and what their info was (since we have access to IPs and all that jazz). Nintendo's cracked down harder on leaks in recent years and if even major fan sites like Serebii are intimidated the idea of releasing stuff early, it probably wouldn't be in a our best interest to either.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Have you played Xenoblade? Why would he fight without the Monado?
Would you like to see Link fighting without sword and shield? Come on.
That's what I'm saying. Chances are one way or another we'd have the Monado, as it's his most recognizable combat form. For me, from a personal preference, sword wielding characters just haven't done it for me in the past. That's not to say with a few tweaks it couldn't be very different this time round, of course. I'd still love to see Shulk make the game, with Xenoblade being my most memorable game of the past 10 years.

Edit: Yeah, sorry, no more Shulk chat.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Undoubtedly just the paranoia talking, but watch the Cucco leak actually be legit and we'll never know about it. The one that got away...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If it was posted on Gamefaqs, they delete the topic, so it probably disappeared forever.
It's kinda useless anyway, the Cucco prediction wasn't exactly as bold as Wii Fit Trainer.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'd be able to confirm it publicly and I'm sure Nintendo reps would be in here within hours of it happening, interrogating us about who leaked it and what their info was (since we have access to IPs and all that jazz). Nintendo's cracked down harder on leaks in recent years and if even major fan sites like Serebii are intimidated the idea of releasing stuff early, it probably wouldn't be in a our best interest to either.
Nintendo would have no right to force you to reveal who gave you the info. Whoever posted it could be forced to take it down however.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Looking at the pic of the day, Mario's overall strips are off. And his stance is also off....

Look in a mirror and shift between these two positions like Mario does. Look, nobody will listen because hey, it's Palutena. You could slap Ridley's model in a pic, nobody objects and it is defended tenfold.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Let's move on from the Cucco leak guys haha. I'm pretty sure someone just said "Hey, wasnt there a leak with Cuccos?" and everyone just assumed he was right without any acual knowledge of one. Unless some of you guys actually saw it. It also could have been a joke. People have jokingly predicted POD's many times on this very thread. ;)

@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1 , I see what you're saying, but the angle and distance are completely different, and Mario usually moves his hands back and forth. I personally don't believe the Palutena pic, but I don't think that pic disproves it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking at the pic of the day, Mario's overall strips are off. And his stance is also off....

Look in a mirror and shift between these two positions like Mario does. Look, nobody will listen because hey, it's Palutena. You could slap Ridley's model in a pic, nobody objects and it is defended tenfold.
I have not a clue what's supposed to be wrong with this picture. Anyone got a video of the idle animations from Brawl?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mario moves a lot when not moving (that sounded contradictionary, but I'm sure you know what I mean), and yeah, that looks a lot like one of his hand motions me makes.

I'd say Today's pic(s) is a LOT in Palutena's favour. Glad to have you even more "confirmed" (for me), Palutena~

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I have not clue what's supposed to be wrong with this picture. Anyone got a video of the idle animations from Brawl?
As much faith as I have in the Palutena leak, I can't help but think that Mario is far too sharp in the image - the characters have been noticeably more jagged in Sakurai's shots. As far as the comparison above goes, however, could Mario not be simply in a different frame of the idle animation, hence the shadowing and positioning differences?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I know he moves alot, but what I'm saying is the leaky one looks more like a circular motion.

As much faith as I have in the Palutena leak, I can't help but think that Mario is far too sharp in the image - the characters have been noticeably more jagged in Sakurai's shots. As far as the comparison above goes, however, could Mario not be simply in a different frame of the idle animation, hence the shadowing and positioning differences?
It's something that I can't really show. You'd have to in vision Mario shifting like that. Mario's hand is never side ways like that, it's always up and down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This video has Mario's idle animations around the 30 second mark, and remember that all characters switch up their idle animation every once in a while.

Edit: Thank Smash Wiki

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Take a look at this picture:

Rosalina looks a lot sharper than Zelda because she's closer to the screen. Mario in the Palutena pic probably looks sharper than normal because he's extremely close up. Also he probably looks less jagged because of the blur from the camera. There are some spots that you can still kinda see jagged edges (most noticeably on his forehead and overalls).

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
This video has Mario's idle animations around the 30 second mark, and remember that all characters switch up their idle animation every once in a while.

Edit: Thank Smash Wiki

I do not see where his hand is in the exact position I am looking for. Close but not quite.
EDIT:
The hand here is facing the screen more than it should.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Take a look at this picture:

Rosalina looks a lot sharper than Zelda because she's closer to the screen. Mario in the Palutena pic probably looks sharper than normal because he's extremely close up. Also he probably looks less jagged because of the blur from the camera. There are some spots that you can still kinda see jagged edges (most noticeably on his forehead and overalls).
Hadn't seen that shot before. Seems to tally in quality with the Palutena leak pretty consistently. Chances are it's just a distance issue then. :)

@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1
Could that not just be down to the fact that we're comparing a video in motion to a still image? It's much harder to pick out a single frame to compare side by side from a video with a static image. From how close it comes in the video, I'd hazard saying that if we were to tear the video into frames you'd find the same positioning.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I am deffinatively (spelled hat wrong) sure about Palutena now. Thank you, guys. Or, Girls. Possibly both.

Can't wait to see her in motion.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Also, while obviously not drastically different, I'm sure Mario's idle animation here isn't precisely like it was in Brawl. So put that into account as well.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
@ Luigi#1 Luigi#1
Could that not just be down to the fact that we're comparing a video in motion to a still image? It's much harder to pick out a single frame to compare side by side from a video with a static image. From how close it comes in the video, I'd hazard saying that if we were to tear the video into frames you'd find the same positioning.
I doubt there is like 5 miliseconds where he changes his position entirely. Unless Mario has a twitching problem.
@ Snagrio Snagrio , I am comparing to Developer's direct.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
For the Palutena leak to be fake, a few things would have to be true:

1. A full perfect-looking Palutena model with textures was created solely for the leak.
2. Mario's Smash Bros. model was also perfectly recreated.
3. The leaker perfectly recreated the Battlefield background, guessing parts that hadn't yet been seen.
4. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to just troll the community.

Of course, all those things could be true, but it's so much more likely that the leak is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom