• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Rule 1 of Fake Smash Leaks: If 1 attack does 70% damage, it's INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS THAT IT'S FAKE.

It's an obvious joke, Ice Climbers are essentially confirmed due to there being a statement saying they had trouble with the Ice Climbers.

And if it wasn't a joke, this leaker sucks.
If I'm thinking of the same interview you are, it was actually the interviewer who specifically mentioned the Ice Climbers; Sakurai only used a term like "multi-character fighters" or something to that effect, which could also encompass Olimar, Rosalina, or Dedede's minions.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If I'm thinking of the same interview you are, it was actually the interviewer who specifically mentioned the Ice Climbers; Sakurai only used a term like "multi-character fighters" or something to that effect, which could also encompass Olimar, Rosalina, or Dedede's minions.
And Rosalina and Luma are a walking desync, almost. I'm sure the Ice Climbers are fine if Rosalina and Luma are on the 3DS.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Even so, it was basically confirmed Ice Climbers will be in. That's basically a given. That entire leak just sounds impossible to me.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Billy Hatcher was cut out of Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed because bugs with his development forced them to scrap him. Don't think it can't happen in Smash. Smash ain't no joke. Anything could go wrong with a character. Probably not, though.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Billy Hatcher was cut out of Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed because bugs with his development forced them to scrap him. Don't think it can't happen in Smash. Smash ain't no joke. Anything could go wrong with a character. Probably not, though.
Billy was cut because of lack of vehicle ideas. You're thinking of motorcycles and more than one character in a car.

Besides, Smash can't really be compared to a racing game.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Little Mac has an instant KO move..
So? Falcon Punch won't do 70% damage. Little Mac's requires a meter to fill up, which takes forever. It took a while in the video and it was sped up by a ton.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So? Falcon Punch won't do 70% damage. Little Mac's requires a meter to fill up, which takes forever. It took a while in the video and it was sped up by a ton.
Takes forever....you mean it's slow? :troll:
I dont believe the leak, but I just wanted a reason to use a troll face :laugh:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The Mario Kart 8 being pushed to April seems.. real. I pre-ordered it on Amazon weeks ago and they gave me an update on its status. It says it'll ship 2-4 weeks with an estimate between April 16th-26th

Before the page listed it as May 31st but now it says "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks" which is very odd. Could be a mistake for all I know. Stuff like that happens.

I just hope Amazon honors that and either releases it early or they send out the game as early as possible instead of the projected June 4th delivery I got.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
The Mario Kart 8 being pushed to April seems.. real. I pre-ordered it on Amazon weeks ago and they gave me an update on its status. It says it'll ship 2-4 weeks with an estimate between April 16th-26th

Before the page listed it as May 31st but now it says "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks" which is very odd. Could be a mistake for all I know. Stuff like that happens.

I just hope Amazon honors that and either releases it early or they send out the game as early as possible instead of the projected June 4th delivery I got.
Nintendo already denied it. Looks like Amazon screwed up.

Last edited:

One_4_U

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Interesting. I don't suppose you could mention something more specific that could prove you right or wrong? A lot of what you've said has been guessed at some point or seems likely enough that it could be guessed.

Edit: Ninja'd by a mod... Question: I know we're not supposed to post new leaks here, but is asking for more info on them alright?
I just got done emailing my friend, and here's what I was told.

Miis will be in the game.

The development team are making and effort to add two more characters to the roster of 48, but my friend has stated he honestly cannot get any more information of who those two characters are.

Pacman will be the last 3rd party character.

I've also been told that that Shulk will make an appearance as a character.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina for each the Pokemon is now no longer.

Both versions of the games online will be great. There will be a feature to invite players and join games on the Wii U version by the time this game comes out.

The 3DS version will feature less retro stages. The 3DS version will have 3 retro stages from the Nintendo 64, and the Wii U version will have 5 stages from the Gamecube and Wii.

Skins will make an appearance for many characters. Dr. Mario will return as a skin, Luigi will have a skin as Dr. Luigi, etc.

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western will become a character.

Chrom will be the only added Fire Emblem character.

Yoshi's neutral special attack has been give more range.

I've been told new attack mechanics like tilts will NOT be exclusive to Little Mac.

He also wanted me to emphasise the fact that the release date for both versions will be in the same month, which he says will be during the holiday season. (I would guess November.)

Also, Nintendo plans to support this game for a VERY long time.

This is just about as much information I could get right now. I'll check back again after the Nintendo Direct in April.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I just got done emailing my friend, and here's what I was told.

Miis will be in the game.

The development team are making and effort to add two more characters to the roster of 48, but my friend has stated he honestly cannot get any more information of who those two characters are.

Pacman will be the last 3rd party character.

I've also been told that that Shulk will make an appearance as a character.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina for each the Pokemon is now no longer.

Both versions of the games online will be great. There will be a feature to invite players and join games on the Wii U version by the time this game comes out.

The 3DS version will feature less retro stages. The 3DS version will have 3 retro stages from the Nintendo 64, and the Wii U version will have 5 stages from the Gamecube and Wii.

Skins will make an appearance for many characters. Dr. Mario will return as a skin, Luigi will have a skin as Dr. Luigi, etc.

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western will become a character.

Chrom will be the only added Fire Emblem character.

Yoshi's neutral special attack has been give more range.

I've been told new attack mechanics like tilts will NOT be exclusive to Little Mac.

He also wanted me to emphasise the fact that the release date for both versions will be in the same month, which he says will be during the holiday season. (I would guess November.)

Also, Nintendo plans to support this game for a VERY long time.

This is just about as much information I could get right now. I'll check back again after the Nintendo Direct in April.
No more sharing stamina between 3 characters? OP, fake.

And no Ridley even more fake :(

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Claim a leak fake because it has no Ridley it's sooo stupid.
What I want to say is : Ridley has his chance in everygame SSB game (at least after Melee), and nothing.
Even in SSBB, Zero Suit was prefered...
I really don't think he fits in, and expect he not appear in SSB4 , but respect the suporters and can see a nice potential.
But don't come to me with "No Ridley, fake" ... He is not, I don't know... Mario ? He is , and will never be, a so confirmed newcomer.

Abou that last leak, no information about the DK newcomer , one_4_u ?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
What I want to say is : Ridley has his chance in everygame SSB game (at least after Melee), and nothing.
I really don't think he fits in, and expect he not appear in SSB4 , but respect the suporters and can see a nice potential.
But don't come to me with "No Ridley, fake" ... He is not, I don't know... Mario ? He is , and will never be, a so confirmed newcomer.

I was being sarcastic :I

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I like how so many leakers contradict themselves within the first two sentences. "I have a relationship with the person... but I can't tell you how I know them!" ...fake.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
No stamina sharing would be cool and a bit overpowered... I guess. Anyways all I care about is if the characters that have switches (zelda/pkmn trainer) have their switched model preloaded. Ugh so useless to switch pokemon unless you get a kill. I want it to take less time for a transformation.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hi guys, I made an account to share some info with you. The upcoming game Smash Bros is planned to feature about 48 characters, and from what my friend has told me it Sakurai is pushing for 50, but time constraints may not allow that. This has lead Sakurai to think about adding DLC, (free of course) but he really wants to get those last two characters in the game.

He (my friend) told me that this is going to be the last Smash Bros game that Sakurai will work on, and that he wants to focus on other projects.

Ridley is not a character in Smash Bros, but Sakurai did consider adding him.
The game is going through a fast paced development, and will be done by the holiday season of this year. Nintendo is aiming for a November release date.
I'm going to have to ask: How does your friend know all of this? Sakurai is not the type of developer who would spill all of these exclusive details to just anyone, at best only the highest ring of his team knows that. Even if it's just the development team, they're still not going to spill much inside information about the game, particularly when it comes to the potential roster changes as that's not really important for translation or playtesting.

All in all, I can't say I really believe this, there's too much "the team/Sakurai want/are doing this" when they'd probably not share that information.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I want that Sheriff/Tin Star leak to be true SO bad... It just doesn't have K Rool which makes me sad but whatever.

One_4_U

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to ask: How does your friend know all of this? Sakurai is not the type of developer who would spill all of these exclusive details to just anyone, at best only the highest ring of his team knows that.
This is not coming
No Ike or Marth fake. :troll:

Leakers give us no reason to believe them. They make it so obvious.
I stated in a previous post that all Brawl characters are returning, so that would mean that Ike and Marth are coming back. By that, I mean Chrom is the only newcomer. As for the issue with Sakurai spilling the details, he's not. This is coming from people working at Namco. Nintendo themselves has been pretty hush-hush about the leaks.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yes, but, here's the question, One_4_U.

What of Palutena? What of the one leak everyone (almost everyone) believes?

One_4_U

Smash Rookie

I do not know if DK will have a newcomer. I can only get the information that my friend provides to me. I don't know any more about the game than you guys do at this point, due to me saying all that I know. My friend is going back to Japan in about 2 weeks, so maybe I'll get more info then.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I stated in a previous post that all Brawl characters are returning, so that would mean that Ike and Marth are coming back. By that, I mean Chrom is the only newcomer. As for the issue with Sakurai spilling the details, he's not. This is coming from people working at Namco. Nintendo themselves has been pretty hush-hush about the leaks.
Except you're still giving the thought process of Sakurai by saying things such as "he considered this character" or "he's planning on not working on any other Smash games." Those are not things Namco would know offhand.

Last edited:

One_4_U

Smash Rookie
To be clear, my friend has relations to two people at Namco, and doesn't actually WORK there. He will update me on information when he can.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
To be clear, my friend has relations to two people at Namco, and doesn't actually WORK there. He will update me on information when he can.
Well I'm not holding my breath. :/

Any surprise character that no one sees coming?
How many characters are in the starting roster? How many are unlockable?
How will the Dev team go about DLC after they finish and release the game?

That's all I got to ask besides questions only devs would get (aspiring game dev (student) here).

One_4_U

Smash Rookie
This is just
Except you're still giving the thought process of Sakurai by saying things such as "he considered this character" or "he's planning on not working on any other Smash games." Those are not things Namco would know offhand.
This is just my personal opinion on it, but I believe Namco would know what Sakurai is doing during development, since they are helping to develop the game. Maybe Namco's and Nintendo's relation is closer than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom