• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Fake leaks are okay IMO, but not when they happen each and every day. thisthreadusedtobequiet

Dear Diary, today I revealed the Cucco Assist Trophy, I had chicken for dinner in celebration. I began recording my lines for King Dedede, I don't English very well, but I hope I nailed "Dat Dhere Kirby." Miyamoto stopped by again to make fun of me. He's such a bully, but I'll show him, all the Mario characters will still be low tier except for Geno. "laughs" Iwata still won't stop calling me every hour to tell me that the fate of the company is in my hands. I told him to name it the "Super Wii" but no he chose listen to Reggie instead. Speaking of which, he sent me another petition for him to be in the game. It's getting annoying at this point, I mean I already told him that Bandai Namco already called dibs with Bravoman. I want to tell him there's no room left, but I know his body isn't ready and it was already hard enough telling Kojima no to Snake. It's days like this that make me glad I waited for the Ridley reveal. It's going to read "A top Pyrosphere, an old enemy ambushes Samus. He's too big to be playable, but Ridley appears nonetheless." "laughs" Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.
Great Diary, 13/10 would read again.

One_4_U

Smash Rookie
All these questions are great. Most of these I can't answer by myself, since I'm not the one with the answers. Keep asking, and I will see what I can get in the next two weeks. I'll be sure to ask as many questions as I can.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just got done emailing my friend, and here's what I was told.

Miis will be in the game.

The development team are making and effort to add two more characters to the roster of 48, but my friend has stated he honestly cannot get any more information of who those two characters are.

Pacman will be the last 3rd party character.

I've also been told that that Shulk will make an appearance as a character.

Pokemon Trainer's stamina for each the Pokemon is now no longer.

Both versions of the games online will be great. There will be a feature to invite players and join games on the Wii U version by the time this game comes out.

The 3DS version will feature less retro stages. The 3DS version will have 3 retro stages from the Nintendo 64, and the Wii U version will have 5 stages from the Gamecube and Wii.

Skins will make an appearance for many characters. Dr. Mario will return as a skin, Luigi will have a skin as Dr. Luigi, etc.

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western will become a character.

Chrom will be the only added Fire Emblem character.

Yoshi's neutral special attack has been give more range.

I've been told new attack mechanics like tilts will NOT be exclusive to Little Mac.

He also wanted me to emphasise the fact that the release date for both versions will be in the same month, which he says will be during the holiday season. (I would guess November.)

Also, Nintendo plans to support this game for a VERY long time.

This is just about as much information I could get right now. I'll check back again after the Nintendo Direct in April.
I have already given you a warning about creating and posting leaks. They make the SWF community look bad. Please seize and desist.

Mod edit: It's cease and desist.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As Try said, posting fake leaks or leaks consisting of "Hey I got this friend who knows a dude who works in Namco" are not allowed here. This also includes creating and planning fake leaks to spread to other sites such as GameFaqs.

Unless you have undeniable proof that your leak is 100% true, it will be treated as a fake leak. Feel free to take it to private messages though.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I doubt the release date rumor, not so much because of me wanting the game sooner but because after mario kart 8 what else is there for summer? Bayonetta does not have a release quater X doesn't look close to done. Hyrule Warriors looks like it needs MAJOR work. Are they giving that to us for a summer release? Wouldn't a fall release for that be better? Smash will have long legs, a Zelda spinoff is a risk that should be placed in the holiday quarter for a boost.

Last edited:

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I doubt the release date rumor, not so much because of me wanting the game sooner but because after mario kart 8 what else is there for summer? Bayonetta does not have a release quater X doesn't look close to done. Hyrule Warriors looks like it needs MAJOR work. Are they giving that to us for a summer release? Wouldn't a fall release for that be better? Smash will have long legs, a Zelda spinoff is a risk that should be placed in the holiday quarter for a boost.
Here's how I imagine it. May is Mario Kart, June or July for Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi gets August, X in September, and Smash Bros. for the holiday release.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I remember when the Brawl roster was leaked on NeoGaf, the leakers confirmed their source with a mod, who then backed them up. Couldn't we do something like that here? Either One_4_U gives proof of his source privately to the mods, or he shuts up. You guys CAN be trusted, right?

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I remember when the Brawl roster was leaked on NeoGaf, the leakers confirmed their source with a mod, who then backed them up. Couldn't we do something like that here? Either One_4_U gives proof of his source privately to the mods, or he shuts up. You guys CAN be trusted, right?
Yea, but wouldn't that put the people who he gets the info from in trouble?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I imagine it. May is Mario Kart, June or July for Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi gets August, X in September, and Smash Bros. for the holiday release.
X has to be translated, they are still messing around with the battle mechanics. That doesn't even have a date.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but wouldn't that put the people who he gets the info from in trouble?
Er...no. The idea is that the mods don't tell anybody who the source is but just confirm to the rest of the board that they received sufficient proof of its legitimacy.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Except you're still giving the thought process of Sakurai by saying things such as "he considered this character" or "he's planning on not working on any other Smash games." Those are not things Namco would know offhand.
This is BS and I hate that everyone on these boards have somehow started parroting this. Sakurai is the lead developer. Meaning everything trickles down from him. If he once considered Ridley and now doesn't I don't see why his team wouldn't know that. You guys realize they have something called a production cycle. In which there are numerous meetings, discussions and concept art done. Sakurai doesn't make this game by himself and he wouldn't keep all these ideas to himself either. There's no inner circle of people privy to info. Everyone is working to model characters, design stages, polish and design sound/voice work, program moves, and insert text into the game. Why do you guys act like the creative director/producer or whatever he is wouldn't share his plans with the team. How can he even make the game without telling them his plans.

I don't necessarily believe the guy but I'm getting sick of people acting like a leaker can't say what Sakurai planned to do but didn't. Yets its superfluous information for the end consumer but it doesn't mean its fake.

If you guys have watched any sort of developer diary detailing the process of a game's production you'll see why it makes no sense to say "No one knows Sakurai's thought process" --- errrr yes we do. We can clearly see his thought process and the game that it produces. I'm sure Sakurai has lengthy discussions about his thought process with his team/Namco and that team relays his wishes, ideas, and thought process to other teams/Namco

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Sakurai's got the final say in what gets in the game and what doesn't, but he's not responsible for (or to blame for) every last thing that happens in the series.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
This is BS and I hate that everyone on these boards have somehow started parroting this. Sakurai is the lead developer. Meaning everything trickles down from him. If he once considered Ridley and now doesn't I don't see why his team wouldn't know that. You guys realize they have something called a production cycle. In which there are numerous meetings, discussions and concept art done. Sakurai doesn't make this game by himself and he wouldn't keep all these ideas to himself either. There's no inner circle of people privy to info. Everyone is working to model characters, design stages, polish and design sound/voice work, program moves, and insert text into the game. Why do you guys act like the creative director/producer or whatever he is wouldn't share his plans with the team. How can he even make the game without telling them his plans.

I don't necessarily believe the guy but I'm getting sick of people acting like a leaker can't say what Sakurai planned to do but didn't. Yets its superfluous information for the end consumer but it doesn't mean its fake.

If you guys have watched any sort of developer diary detailing the process of a game's production you'll see why it makes no sense to say "No one knows Sakurai's thought process" --- errrr yes we do. We can clearly see his thought process and the game that it produces. I'm sure Sakurai has lengthy discussions about his thought process with his team/Namco and that team relays his wishes, ideas, and thought process to other teams/Namco
As a game dev student, I can attest to this. Lead Programmers, Directors, and producers all know what's going into the game and are the ones who decide how things go (aside from some butthole publishers trying to put things in to milk money out of players or DRM). Every programmer, artist, sound guy, translator, or other person working on the game knows what's going on with the game and would have a general idea on the Lead Programmer's, Director's, and producer's thought processes are due to them having to use their notes and designs to make the game in question.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Regarding the Cucco leak, pages 1-400 are declared dead.
The post must reside somewhere in the later posts.
We shall continue once we have more recruits.

For anyone lost, due to yesterday's potd,
we have been looking for an old leak in these forums,
that claims the Cucco was in the game in some form.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Pic of the day is a new 3D view of Mario. Perhaps this can be used to compare to the Palutena Leak

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

What does this mean for the Palutena leak?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So....

What does this mean for the Palutena leak?
I'd say it leans more towards it being real, to be completely honest.

EDIT: The outline seems to add some extra shadowing around the outer regions of the character models.

EDIT 2: The shading on Mario in the PoTD matches the one in the leaked image.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This is BS and I hate that everyone on these boards have somehow started parroting this. Sakurai is the lead developer. Meaning everything trickles down to him. If he once considered Ridley and now doesn't I don't see why his team wouldn't know that. You guys realize they have something called a production cycle. In which there are numerous meetings discussions and conceptuals art done. Sakurai doesn't make this game by himself and he wouldn't keep all these ideas to himself either. There's no inner circle of people privy to info. Everyone is working to model characters, design stages, polish and design sound/voice work, program moves, and insert text into the game. Why do you guys act like the creative director/producer or whatever he is wouldn't share his plans with the team. How can he even make the game without telling them his plans.
I won't pretend to be a developer so I won't argue that point. The thing is though I'm still skeptical based on what we've seen in the past. If we take a look at the leaks of recent years, none of them tried to say what the developer's mindset was. The Pokémon leaks just documented the Pokémon, their names, moves, etc., the Brawl leaks gave us the characters along with items and stages, and the MvC3 leaks also only gave us characters and movesets. None of them really tried to touch on the mindset of the developer, just what was in the game. So even if the information is easily spread throughout the team, it's not something commonly shared to those outside of it, whether that would be the leaker themselves or the fans.

So even though that particular thought process may be wrong, I can't say it's completely misguided. With leaks, less does seem to be more, the legitimate leaks of the past didn't delve into why something was done, just what was done and what's in the game. So more then likely, the leak that we're looking for won't try to delve into the mindset of the developers either, just what's in the game and maybe what it does at that.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
looking at it closer, you can see the other side of the magazine page it's printed on, so... maybe it's a speculation of how Layton's trailer would go if he was to be a character, like how the trailer for his games go.

It'll start with his anime style then eventually go to gameplay and show him off a bit, but then got back to the anime style again at the end, like how Little Mac's trailer was. At least, that's how I see it.

...I don't get it. :dizzy:

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
layton would be an awesome character to add.

also hoping the leaker on here is fake no ridley makes me sad

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I was already 100% sure the Palutena leak was real.

So now I guess I am 125% sure it's real. ^^ I will main her.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
On the mod verification thing, that can be a negative impact for the mods in real life. I was a mod at mtgsalvation, there was a guy that did rumors back in the day (granted, long before I was modded) that was actually sued by Hasbro. It all turned out ok in the end, but I don't think that's a road that anybody here wants to go down.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68872958
I only heard this from a friend who has a few connections (I can't say who, it'd put their position in jeopardy, just trust me they're reliable) so I can't say this is true for sure. Take this with a huge grain of salt. I know you probably won't believe this anyway, but this could be true so I feel like I should share it anyway.

First of all he told me that Palutena is in the game. Sakurai originally wasn't planning on her but he was pretty flattered after seeing the massive fan support for one of his own characters, so he decided to add her.

He also told me that Ridley is playable. He's the largest character in the game. Basically the polar opposite of Little Mac. He is slow on the ground but gains speed in the air, his aerials are seriously powerful, I was told he's definitely at least going to be B tier. Sakurai started considering him after the interview where he was asked about Ridley, and decided that he was unique enough and Metroid deserved it.

Chrom is the Fire Emblem newcomer, and he will in fact be revealed in the April Nintendo Direct. He actually plays a lot differently from Marth and Ike from what I was told. He uses a system where he can switch between his sword and lance, it seems very interesting.

Takamaru is the retro rep, added because of his popularity. His design looks like a mix of his original NES appearance and his appearance in Dynasty Warriors, with some of Sakurai's own original things thrown into it. He looks really great. I couldn't get any information on his moveset, they're likely still working on adding him to the game.

Pac-Man and Miis are also both in the game, and both will most likely be revealed at E3. He hinted at a Pokemon newcomer too, but I don't know who it is.

Shulk was considered at one point but Sakurai didn't think it would be a good idea since he's only been in one game.

Aside from newcomers I have confirmation that Ice Climbers, Ness, Yoshi, Wario, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus are all starting characters and will be revealed sometime before release. Ganondorf, Ike, Captain Falcon, Falco, Wolf, Mr. Game & Watch and even Mewtwo are all fully programmed into the game right now, but they are unlockable characters and won't be revealed until after the game comes out. Jigglypuff and R.O.B. are planned to be added at a later time. Ganondorf is decloned but I'm not sure how he was changed. They're trying very hard to bring back all of the characters even better than they were before.

Mewtwo and Lucario both have their Mega evolutions as their new Final Smash.

Realgam Tower, Bowser's Castle, Nintendo Land, and a stage based on Pac-Man World are all stages for the Wii U version.

Pac-Man's 3DS stage is simply the maze from the original arcade game.

In total, there are about 50 characters, excluding transformations, so there are a few newcomers I was not told about.

He mentions Sakurai's thoughts a lot.
"One of his own characters" <- totally wrong.
Sakurai isn't the creator of the original Kid Icarus NES game and therefore this has already lost credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom