• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know what? Not to bring up ErenJager again (Alright one more time I promise, but this time I'm trying to put it down for good.)

The fact that the guy's reason to doubt the Palutena image was "the rope wasn't hanging off the shield." (especially when we have evidence that she grips it in a combat stance in her Brawl trophy, or...it was from somewhere, I've seen it, but can't remember.)

If I was him, and had seen what ATs on the 3DS were like, I would have said whether or not they had outlines, or just said they have outlines too, or...

Rather than focusing something easily handwaved by all the evidence.

I'm sorry to bring that up again, it was just my final thought on the matter.
Wait...what?

THAT is what made somebody think it was fake??? That's such a bad argument. It's a unique model. That's irrelevant. It's a part of the model.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait...what?

THAT is what made somebody think it was fake??? That's such a bad argument. It's a unique model. That's irrelevant. It's a part of the model.
It's also worth noting that:

A. Unlike in Uprising, she's going to be fighting ALOT more than just in one chapter, and animating a tassel to be flailing around while she's fighting would be dumb.
B. See the above. Extra needless bones are dumb when they'd just get in the way.

We've of course discussed this before, but GAH, such a stupid reason.

Also, there's no one backing this supposed demo besides the two instances right? (I'm ignoring the other guy who was here to cause trouble)

I think I'm done with that one.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know what? Not to bring up ErenJager again (Alright one more time I promise, but this time I'm trying to put it down for good.)

The fact that the guy's reason to doubt the Palutena image was "the rope wasn't hanging off the shield." (especially when we have evidence that she grips it in a combat stance in her Brawl trophy, or...it was from somewhere, I've seen it, but can't remember.)

If I was him, and had seen what ATs on the 3DS were like, I would have said whether or not they had outlines, or just said they have outlines too, or...

Rather than focusing something easily handwaved by all the evidence.

I'm sorry to bring that up again, it was just my final thought on the matter.
That's the dumbest excuse I have ever seen!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

A. Unlike in Uprising, she's going to be fighting ALOT more than just in one chapter, and animating a tassel to be flailing around while she's fighting would be dumb.
B. See the above. Extra needless bones are dumb when they'd just get in the way.

Also, there's no one backing this supposed demo besides the two instances right? (I'm ignoring the other guy who was here to cause trouble)

Having the tassel flap around is no different than Zelda's hair, ZSS's ponytail, Sheik's hair, Snake/Ike and their headbands flying around. There. Reasoning is invalid.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Wait...what?

Just observing and saw this, and I had to respond (as I stopped going here because leak quality dipped massively). I agree. There's no absolute source material that we can really drag from because it's a unique model not based specifically on one single version of Palutena. We can't use model comparison as per the circumstances.
This is a common thought as to how people have attempted to debunk this leak. It simply doesn't work.
(as for pretty much every other image leak, there's usually a model that's ripped and it's simply too easy to smash.)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Hey! Princess Peach almost never fights, so your reasoning is bonkers!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Having the tassel flap around is no different than Zelda's hair, ZSS's ponytail, Sheik's hair, Snake/Ike and their headbands flying around. There. Reasoning is invalid.
That was actually my reason for it not being present in the model :(

Though it's true, and the fact that her fingers clipped through to the bottom of the shield makes it seem super alpha-modely.

It'll either be there or it won't, but I honestly think in this case she's going to hold it, that's what it's FOR anyway, to increase her ease of grip on the shield.

Hey! Princess Peach almost never fights, so your reasoning is bonkers!
Whatcha mean? I was really just saying it makes more sense for her to hold onto it if she's going to be fighting so much, especially since it's purpose is to increase her grip on the shield.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still fail to see anything coming close to debunking the Palutena leak. I'm convinced. Now, if somebody were able to find the origin of the model, then I would see it as fake. But we've been through this since this thing came up.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I still fail to see anything coming close to debunking the Palutena leak. I'm convinced. Now, if somebody were able to find the origin of the model, then I would see it as fake. But we've been through this since this thing came up.
The closest I found was Mario's model. But even then, it wasn't even conclusive. I've tried harder for no other leak and even seen any inkling to debunk it. Either it's real or it's one of the greatest and most elaborate leaks I've ever seen.
Everything else has easily just been shot down as bandwagon, dream, or simply just too impossible to occur. Or their "facts" were shot down.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh, we'll see the source of the model whenever she's revealed. :shades:

Oh my god, watch Sakurai use one of the ****ing leak images as one of her 3DS pics. I'll literally die of laughter. :joyful:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That was actually my reason for it not being present in the model :(

Though it's true, and the fact that her fingers clipped through to the bottom of the shield makes it seem super alpha-modely.

It'll either be there or it won't, but I honestly think in this case she's going to hold it, that's what it's FOR anyway, to increase her ease of grip on the shield.

Whatcha mean? I was really just saying it makes more sense for her to hold onto it if she's going to be fighting so much, especially since it's purpose is to increase her grip on the shield.
We aren't getting anywhere with this argument. I'm outta here!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How are we supposed to find the origin of an original model~?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
How are we supposed to find the origin of an original model~?
That's precisely my point. If the model was used elsewhere and was used for the picture, then it would be deemed fake. However, that has not been possible since the premiere of this leak.

If you ask me, that's the smoking gun of this leak. If there were a source for the models, then that would be back breaking for the images. But there are simply no source materials available at the time of the leak to use in those pictures.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi I think Banjo was replying to me after I shot down his thoughts :awesome:. Aren't I great?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Where it came from?

It was Sakurai.
It's always Sakurai. All models that have ever existed were made by Sakurai.

That's precisely my point. If the model was used elsewhere and was used for the picture, then it would be deemed fake. However, that has not been possible since the premiere of this leak.

If you ask me, that's the smoking gun of this leak. If there were a source for the models, then that would be back breaking for the images. But there are simply no source materials available at the time of the leak to use in those pictures.
Well, it does take influence from both Brawl and Uprising, plus some original content, so tracing it to one source is all but impossible.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Well, it does take influence from both Brawl and Uprising, plus some original content, so tracing it to one source is all but impossible.
That's exactly why I think it's real. There IS no origin to it. You can search the internet for almost anything, so because there is no source model, I think it's safe to say that there is no arguing the model.

I'll admit this is the only leak I basically talk about, but that's because it's the only one I believe is truly solid.
The closest I found was Mario's model. But even then, it wasn't even conclusive. I've tried harder for no other leak and even seen any inkling to debunk it. Either it's real or it's one of the greatest and most elaborate leaks I've ever seen.
Everything else has easily just been shot down as bandwagon, dream, or simply just too impossible to occur. Or their "facts" were shot down.
Pray tell, dear Axle. What did you find? I'm interested.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep! Finally someone else who understands! :shades:

In all seriousness, if we're speaking of the exact origins of the model itself, we're never going to find one, because they don't exist.

I apologize for initially reading it as "Where did the exact model from the leaks" come from.

So yeah.

And out of pure curiousity, have any of the "big leaker guys" commented on the Palutena screens? Just simply wondering, it won't make me any more sure of it than I am now anyway.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yep! Finally someone else who understands! :shades:

In all seriousness, if we're speaking of the exact origins of the model itself, we're never going to find one, because they don't exist.

I apologize for initially reading it as "Where did the exact model from the leaks" come from.

So yeah.

And out of pure curiousity, have any of the "big leaker guys" commented on the Palutena screens? Just simply wondering, it won't make me any more sure of it than I am now anyway.
It was mainly a rhetorical statement. I mean the fact that the model is unique is a major blow to those saying "IT'S FAKE. NOPENOPENOPENOPE."

Maybe I'll pick the entire leak apart in a big post. But I have Bravely Default to be playing.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Regarding the comment I saw earlier about just seeing if ATs have outlines or not:

Sakurai made a PotD talking about how you can change the outline to the point of removing it completely, didn't he?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Regarding the comment I saw earlier about just seeing if ATs have outlines or not:

Sakurai made a PotD talking about how you can change the outline to the point of removing it completely, didn't he?
Yeah, but I think the more important thing to consider is...why would AT's have an outline? It would complicate things with playable characters. I could have sworn there was something said about how only playable characters had outlines, but if that were true, this wouldn't even be an argument.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Pray tell, dear Axle. What did you find? I'm interested.
There's some minor inconsistencies with Mario's model, regarding shading ratios, in the picture and the current 3DS model.

The shading area around Mario's hat, gloves and the chest area seems a tad different. Though this could either be a fine tuning within the game's development or a camera glare issue.
While I pondered upon the issue of his model, I decided that it was far too wide open to answer with a debunk or truth. As a result, I've became 100% neutral as opposed to disbelieving the leak.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Indeed he did.

Pic of the day. I guess we haven't shown the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS until now. By the way, their outlines can be made thinner or made to disappear completely.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Which I really doubt pertains to ATs even if they have outlines. It's certainly possible, but from the moment he introduced them, didn't he say their purpose was to help you identify your (playable) character on the smaller screen?

That right there is a big slap in the face to the idea that she's an AT in that image.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There's some minor inconsistencies with Mario's model, regarding shading, in the picture and the current 3DS model.

The shading area around Mario's hat, gloves and the chest area seems a tad different. Though this could either be a fine tuning within the game's development or a camera glare issue.
While I pondered upon the issue of his model, I decided that it was far too wide open to answer with a debunk or truth. As a result, I've became 100% neutral as opposed to disbelieving the leak.
Interesting, however, I raise you:

Mario's overalls definitely look darker, a bit more consistent with the Palutena pic. This was revealed like 2 days before the Palutena leak, and the Mario in this picture is far too small to blow up and use. Or maybe I'm smoking too much crack.

I think this is a matter of minor changes over time through development myself, but as you said, I don't think this matter all that much. It isn't as significant as a major texture change or something.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mario's overalls definitely look darker, a bit more consistent with the Palutena pic. This was revealed like 2 days before the Palutena leak, and the Mario in this picture is far too small to blow up and use. Or maybe I'm smoking too much crack.

I think this is a matter of minor changes over time through development myself, but as you said, I don't think this matter all that much. It isn't as significant as a major texture change or something.
If that small Mario had been enlarged to be bigger in the Palutena leak, wouldn't it be blurry compared to Palutena, as well?

Besides, the smaller Mario is in a different frame of the animation. The gloves are in different positions.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gah! I really hope he decides to reveal her in April, so that all this can just be over with. This big huge circle is starting to get to me, and I'll bet I'm not alone!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Palutena is actually the only character I strongly support these days, so I hope this leak is real.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Gah! I really hope he decides to reveal her in April, so that all this can just be over with. This big huge circle is starting to get to me, and I'll bet I'm not alone!
We just keep going in circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles and circles. Never-ending until the day Palutena is confirmed (or deconfirmed, nightmareish as that thought may be). I just want the torment to be over.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's my whole problem with Palutena being an Assist Trophy. Notice in the pictures:

K. First off, she has a consistent outline with MARIO, who can have the outline, or can have it disabled. Take that for what you will.

However, notice the backgrounds. One is day, one is night.

If she's an Assist Trophy, can you imagine how many matches this person had to have played to get these perfect images? Not only would he have had to collect these images by getting her to appear, but they would have needed her to appear once at night, and once during the day. Highly unlikely if you ask me.

I don't buy the Assist Trophy thing. Not one bit.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Palutena, I think, is the only character that could make me change my main.

Though my Smash 4 mains will probably be Villager, Palutena, Jigglypuff, and ROB, so yeah.

Please Palutena, be in Smash...

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

There's some minor inconsistencies with Mario's model, regarding shading ratios, in the picture and the current 3DS model.

I feel like I'm one of the only people who simply doesn't think that Pale Tuna picture looks real. I don't know if "awkward" is the right word, but looking at it, it just doesn't look right. Not saying it's fake, because there's definitely a lot going for it. Just doesn't look right to me. Sue me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like I'm one of the only people who simply doesn't think that Pale Tuna picture looks real. I don't know if "awkward" is the right word, but looking at it, it just doesn't look right. Not saying it's fake, because there's definitely a lot going for it. Just doesn't look right to me. Sue me.
The reason it probably looks strange, which I can understand, may be because it's in early beta stages. As in it's an early model. Friends of mine had the same feelings on it, but even when I gave them the additional info, like about the model, they changed their stance on it.

T

Trick or Treat

Are we seriously going back to Palutena?
It's not like she ever really left.

The reason it probably looks strange, which I can understand, may be because it's in early beta stages. As in it's an early model. Friends of mine had the same feelings on it, but even when I gave them the additional info, like about the model, they changed their stance on it.
At least you can understand where I'm coming from. I'm not crazy.

It definitely does have a lot going for it. Let's just get a confirmation one way or another please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deitylord13

Banned via Warnings
Here's my whole problem with Palutena being an Assist Trophy. Notice in the pictures:

K. First off, she has a consistent outline with MARIO, who can have the outline, or can have it disabled. Take that for what you will.

If she's an Assist Trophy, can you imagine how many matches this person had to have played to get these perfect images? Not only would he have had to collect these images by getting her to appear, but they would have needed her to appear once at night, and once during the day. Highly unlikely if you ask me.

I mean if the game is being developed, they can also always access her when they want, just saying.

I made it my signature (below) The picture came from Sakurai's twitter. U guys should check out his twitter page. He thanked somebody about acknowledging the anniversary of Paulentena and he said ssb is being developed at a fast pace.

Attachments

Last edited:

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice

Um. I dont see the outline around palutena...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Um. I dont see the outline around palutena...
It's very light around some parts. But it's there.
This is like what? The tenth time it's been brought up?
We've already gone in circles with this leak, why continue?
It's just a fun topic to discuss. At least for me. Almost all leaks we get in here are crap, so it can be fun to look back at stuff that hasn't been shown fake yet. Maybe see if we can find something we didn't before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom