• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

There was a character called Redacted in...something.
#roosterteethreferencewaitwhatamidoing

Anyway, does anyone know how many picture leaks we've gotten? Fake or not. There's Palutena, fakeShulk, fakeMagnus(?)...were there any more?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's just a fun topic to discuss. At least for me. Almost all leaks we get in here are crap, so it can be fun to look back at stuff that hasn't been shown fake yet. Maybe see if we can find something we didn't before.
What topic?
That we can reaffirm that Palutena's in fact, a playable character?
So that's it's, in fact, "legit" as you all say?

What left is there to look at? We've already said our peace.
Why must we keep pulling at up if nothing ever comes out of it?

BECAUSE I NEED IT, YOU [REDACTED]. :laugh:
Apparently.
It's like we can't go a page unless Palutena is referenced in some way.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know what I don't get?

When people say that the Kid Icarus franchise doesn't really need two characters because it's only three games. What about Mother with Ness and Lucas?

Anyway, I'm glad it's almost April.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What topic?
That we can reaffirm that Palutena's in fact, a playable character?
So that's it's, in fact, "legit" as you all say?

What left is there to look at? We've already said our peace.
Why must we keep pulling at up if nothing ever comes out of it?

Apparently.
It's like we can't go a page unless Palutena is referenced in some way.
The topic of whether anybody can find anything to pick apart or bring up. I'm pretty sure everytime I stop in here and we talk about it, something new comes up, and we shoot it down. People reply to it, so it's a good topic. Especially when there isn't anything else but terrible leaks to talk about.
I mean if the game is being developed, they can also always access her when they want, just saying.

I made it my signature (below) The picture came from Sakurai's twitter. U guys should check out his twitter page. He thanked somebody about acknowledging the anniversary of Paulentena and he said ssb is being developed at a fast pace.
That would be if it came straight from a programmer. If we're talking a beta tester, then it would likely be straight up gameplay, meaning that the player wouldn't have access to what would appear and what wouldn't.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
It's very light around some parts. But it's there.

It's just a fun topic to discuss. At least for me. Almost all leaks we get in here are crap, so it can be fun to look back at stuff that hasn't been shown fake yet. Maybe see if we can find something we didn't before.
Maybe its my eyes but I can't see it :/

T

Trick or Treat

You know what I don't get?

When people say that the Kid Icarus franchise doesn't really need two characters because it's only three games. What about Mother with Ness and Lucas?

Anyway, I'm glad it's almost April.
Not to mention, KI has been revived and more relevant to recent years. Sure Earthbound got on the Virtual Console which is cool, but the point is KI deserves 2 spots just as much as the PSI-kids do.

April needs to get here now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Not to mention, KI has been revived and more relevant to recent years. Sure Earthbound got on the Virtual Console which is cool, but the point is KI deserves 2 spots just as much as the PSI-kids do.

Not to mention that Japan got access to Of Myths and Monsters through the 3DS eShop, while America still only has one Mother game.

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice

To be the devil's advocate, if Lucas gets cut then its 1 Earthbound Rep.....

T

Trick or Treat

To be the devil's advocate, if Lucas gets cut then its 1 Earthbound Rep.....
Fair enough. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with him.

Anyway, I think it's your eyes or screen. I can see the outlines just fine.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Despite what a lot of leaks say, I doubt Lucas will get the axe so easily. Ness represents the home console, Lucas the handhelds. With the Wii U and 3DS splitting things up, it's be a waste if one of them gets cut.

But agreed, April needs to get here. Maybe then we'll get something huge. Perhaps even a legit leak. :smirk:

T

Trick or Treat

Perhaps even a surprise release of the game itself!!

I'm not counting out that possibility. I'm getting vibes. And I watch How I Met Your Mother. So...vibes.

I'm willing to bet on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Ness isn't really enough to represent the series since Mother 3 is so different from the others. But I doubt that's part of Sakurai's thought process.

LF2K

Floor Diver
April has a lot going for it.

The 15th anniversary of Smash 64's US release.
Fire Emblem's 24th anniversary.
Kirby's 22nd anniversary.
Murasame Castle's 28th anniversary.
One month until Mario Kart 8, which itself may bring in some leaks about it.

Speaking of leaks, has anything even pointed to April or May announcements?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Hey, with Sakurai at the helm, anything can happen.

Even though it happens to be on a Saturday this year. :glare:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Anniversaries mean NOTHING to Sakurai :p

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

I believe one says Mii will be revealed sometime before E3

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
I will say this and it is a quote right from sakurai's twitter "The person who was sending me a message celebration "New Parutena" of the second anniversary, thank you. ...... You did not notice. Looking back then, the development of "Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU" It is a fast pace fine." (his post translated)
"『新パルテナ』2周年のお祝いメッセージを送ってくださったかた、ありがとうございます。気が付かなかった……。 その後を振り返ると、『スマブラ3DS/WiiU』の開発は結構急ピッチですね。" (the post that he made)
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Are we seriously going back to Palutena?
You say stuff like this every time the Palutena leak is brought up, I've realized. It's the only picture leak that smash bros has gotten that is the least bit realistic and isn't disproven immediately... so why are you so shocked/angry whenever it is brought up again? this is a leak discussion thread, and the palutena leak is a HUGE one. Yes it is brought up a lot , and it does get old, but you complaining about it gets old too.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You say stuff like this every time the Palutena leak is brought up, I've realized. It's the only picture leak that smash bros has gotten that is the least bit realistic and isn't disproven immediately... so why are you so shocked/angry whenever it is brought up again? this is a leak discussion thread, and the palutena leak is a HUGE one. Yes it is brought up a lot , and it does get old, but you complaining about it gets old too.
It's one of the many reasons I hope she's revealed soon, so that people in general will not need to bring it up OR be bothered by it any longer.

Sakurai! April is the time! (Though I'd also settle for Takamaru...)

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical

April/May announcements?
As far as I know, from looking at several forums:
Chrom, Palutena, and Bowser Jr are the most likely newcomers.
Yoshi, Wario, ZSS, and Meta Knight are the most likely veterans.

Edit: Falco is also in the running.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
If I were to guess what Sakurai might do.... Which I totally am! I would say that takamaru may be our next big reveal.

I suspect that the next nintendo direct will be in early April slightly before if not the same day as the release of nes remix 2. It will show takamarus game as one of the games showcased within nes remix 2. As such Sakurai will announce takamaru as the newcomer.

I base this on nothing but wild speculation. Also I have never predicted anything right so I have a great track record.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
If I were to guess what Sakurai might do.... Which I totally am! I would say that takamaru may be our next big reveal.

I suspect that the next nintendo direct will be in early April slightly before if not the same day as the release of nes remix 2. It will show takamarus game as one of the games showcased within nes remix 2. As such Sakurai will announce takamaru as the newcomer.

I base this on nothing but wild speculation. Also I have never predicted anything right so I have a great track record.
I admire your humor. :)
You make a valid point, i'd be excited to see that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I'm totally down. There are no words to describe my pure happiness. Also, it'd be great to see us finally get MMC in some form. Like really.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Palutena fan, but then again I've only ever played the NES Kid Icarus game. So, I'm not exactly as knowledgeable of the character as most people here. But still, the pictures seem real enough. I guess we'll find out the story eventually. Either it's real or someone needs to do an epic expose of some dude tricking the entire internet for this long with a hoax.

I still think the period of time right after e3 could be interesting in terms of leaks. There's definitely going to be people seeing Smash in action outside of just what is released officially.

As long as this game doesn't get an early demo that spoils everything months in advance like some games I've bought in recent years...(I'm looking at you, Sonic Generations).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm not a Palutena fan, but then again I've only ever played the NES Kid Icarus game. So, I'm not exactly as knowledgeable of the character as most people here. But still, the pictures seem real enough. I guess we'll find out the story eventually. Either it's real or someone needs to do an epic expose of some dude tricking the entire internet for this long with a hoax.

I still think the period of time right after e3 could be interesting in terms of leaks. There's definitely going to be people seeing Smash in action outside of just what is released officially.

As long as this game doesn't get an early demo that spoils everything months in advance like some games I've bought in recent years...(I'm looking at you, Sonic Generations).
Sonic Generations was leaked? I didn't even know that.

Yeah, I think it's more likely we could see real leaks after E3 instead of just before. *cough* *cough*

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
In regards to the Palutena leak, Scoliosis Jones is my dude, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn. We are pretty much bros for life and I would share all my sun flower seeds with him

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
And the background comes from here. They just lazily pasted Mewtwo on top of Samus.

Are you people even trying anymore?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I would hope that they make him sized to his actual Pokemon dimensions instead of him having a gigantic head like in Melee. Like Snake sized. Maybe not that big but you know what I mean. Head=too big. just like in Melee. But its not unheard of that Nintendo reuses models. I mean... look at Mario, Luigi, and Fox. Still its fake.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The real irony here is that these people making image "leaks" probably think that makes them more credible, when if anything we're debunking them quicker.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I will say this and it is a quote right from sakurai's twitter "The person who was sending me a message celebration "New Parutena" of the second anniversary, thank you. ...... You did not notice. Looking back then, the development of "Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU" It is a fast pace fine." (his post translated)
"『新パルテナ』2周年のお祝いメッセージを送ってくださったかた、ありがとうございます。気が付かなかった……。 その後を振り返ると、『スマブラ3DS/WiiU』の開発は結構急ピッチですね。" (the post that he made)
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai
had a friend that lives in japan translate it
Thank you for your message about the 2nd year celebration of the new Baruten. I didn't even notice it.....I was thinking back to then and I realized the smash bros 3ds/wiiu is coming at quite a fast pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom