• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm trolling for discussing a leak? What is wrong with you guys? You make a thread title and then when you discuss material pertaining to it, apparently you become a troll. What is this? What have you guys been discussing then? Thats weird because I would like to be informed. Maybe if people would stop trying to argue over who's invalid, annoying, or ignored.... Whatever. The apparent troll is gone ;) Lmao @ SuperMii3D SuperMii3D he didn't even know who Erenjager was in the first place, but yet hes talking ****. How ironic.
I like playing dumb I knew he was a leaker who had the demo, and I like to try and annoy people

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On-Topic, are their any rumours suggesting there'll be an April reveal? I got a lotta hearsay about April being Fire Emblem related somehow.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
On-Topic, are their any rumours suggesting there'll be an April reveal? I got a lotta hearsay about April being Fire Emblem related somehow.
Hm. Does April have any relevance as far as Fire Emblem is concerned? If so, that may be something to look out for.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First off, I would like to mention that if there were an event with a playable demo of Super Smash Bros 4, where anybody and his brother could go, then gaming sites would have covered the living **** out of it.

I haven't seen the leak yet, so maybe I'm wrong. But this already sounds like a load of garbage.

Second, next month is the Awakening anniversary, and the Fire Emblem anniversary. So we could get Chrom. But I would prefer Shulk or Palutena.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm trolling for discussing a leak? What is wrong with you guys? You make a thread title and then when you discuss material pertaining to it, apparently you become a troll. What is this? What have you guys been discussing then? Thats weird because I would like to be informed. Maybe if people would stop trying to argue over who's invalid, annoying, or ignored.... Whatever. The apparent troll is gone ;)
Maybe you shouldn't have called everyone invalid and wrong without any proof to back up your statement that Eren is correct.

You ask for proof it's wrong, we're asking for proof that it's right. The only difference is that you keep calling everyone "invalid", whatever that's supposed to mean.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Hm. Does April have any relevance as far as Fire Emblem is concerned? If so, that may be something to look out for.
It's fire emblem's anniversary. The exact date falls on the 20th, however. (20th is a sunday)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's fire emblem's anniversary. The exact date falls on the 20th, however. (20th is a sunday)
Ah, I see. Well, something could always happen a few days before, like when Peach was revealed a day before SMB1s anniversary.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm, So if it's not in a Direct then watch out for the Friday beforehand?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I never said she was "mean". She was right about Sonic's reveal, and then she proceeded to make a big leak thread detailing many things. When people didn't believe her, she basically said "Well I was right about Sonic....
I hadn't seen a post that questioned him like that...But if that really was asked then yeah, not smart. He may have gotten a few questionable replies but none of them were hostile and/or plain rude in comparison to the nasty responses Nya got, which is why I felt you were being biased. Eren is reacting the same way Nya did with a different more ambiguous diction/tone, that being "You guys can't even tell what's real and what isn't anymore", or "soon you will all see I was right" and "the time will come". In my opinion, he at times comes off as pretentious, and never answer's any replies. I agree completely that he should answer some of the questions.

What got to me about the other only citation (http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/874122-iadamson), was that he hasn't been on ever since he made that post. Not enough to mean much, but the fact it was shortly before/after erens claim (which would make sense actually if they were both at the events, however) is a bit questionable to me. A user pointed out to me that there isn't much to talk about on that website, but it's still something to think about. Another account was found with a similar AoT name that also plays WoW (the site that the other citation is from, WoW is one of the main games there), which points to that account being eren. Though that point is moot with AoT having a big fanbase. I'm under the impression that it is Eren, but he elaborated more in this board, or used it to weedle more trust out of us. If he at least answered some questions, I would be more comfortable with believing him.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please get back on topic everyone. The mods and I are working on trying to grasp what happened.

That said, you all should have reported that ErenJager leak as leaks made on SWF are not allowed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's a sad day when someone well known decides to pose as a flamer and troll to others on this site and have 5 different mods respond to him in a row. Anyway weren't there several leaks depicting ridley or a FE newcomer in April?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not answering questions when asked about a leak, is about equivalent to a guest on Dr.Phil not agreeing to take a polygraph test. You're full of ****.

Especially because it doesn't make much sense otherwise. I would need more info than that to believe it. I could make a bold claim that I saw Ridley as a stage hazard on Pyrosphere at a conference. But I have nothing to back that up and no credibility unless I can prove it.

In the meantime, do not worry about what happened, as --- said, we're taking care of it. Get back on topic guys.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That said, you all should have reported that ErenJager leak as leaks made on SWF are not allowed.
Really? Hm. We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble if we had done that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Really? Hm. We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble if we had done that.
Now I just feel stupid. Yup.

Are there actually any leaks popping up about Ridley, Chrom or Takamaru or Shulk showing up next month? I've seen nothing.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
If I remember correctly, there were a few leaks talking about a Chrom reveal in April. Could just be guesses considering April is the Fire Emblem anniversary, but let's wait and see.

Also, anyone hear anything about a Direct or something for the last week of March?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What's the closest leak to being possibly debunked? Is it still the one with the Nintendo Direct in April at E3 that might show Pac-Man and Ganon?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What's the closest leak to being possibly debunked? Is it still the one with the Nintendo Direct in April that might show Pac-Man and Ganon?
Pardon? I don't remember this leak... Mind showing it to me, s'il vous plait?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If I remember correctly, there were a few leaks talking about a Chrom reveal in April. Could just be guesses considering April is the Fire Emblem anniversary, but let's wait and see.

Also, anyone hear anything about a Direct or something for the last week of March?
As far as I know, the last week of March is a big mystery right now. Everyone's coming up with theories why we haven't seen a character yet, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just felt like skipping out on March. Of course, I could be totally wrong if Ike or Wario show up next week for whatever reason.

What's the closest leak to being possibly debunked? Is it still the one with the Nintendo Direct in April that might show Pac-Man and Ganon?
The Betternet roster mentions them being revealed at E3 this year. Is that the one you're thinking of?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a feeling that April's newcomer would be none of what we expect like little mac was, so we shall have to wait and see. We will probably get rumors about them soon enough though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You should tell everyone now. That you were wrong and this user was not me Kiwi
Yeah I've made a little mistake with the IP check. The two of them are unrelated. So sorry for the misunderstanding.

However, do take care to have a respectable discussion with each other so such a flame war wouldn't happen again alright? Let's get back to discussing rumours and leaks then.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's the first one in the OP, the same one that says Lucas might sadly be cut.
Oh, the Betternet leak? I see. Perhaps I should pay more attention to details of the leak, and not just the name. :laugh:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Oh, the Betternet leak? I see. Perhaps I should pay more attention to details of the leak, and not just the name. :laugh:
Actually I just checked, it's not April, it's E3.

I made a mistake, my bad.

So what really IS the closest leak to being debunked?

Edit:

Oh the leaks with Takamaru and Chrom as planned to be revealed newcomers in April will come soon. :smirk:
Just wait.
Is it the one this guy mentions?

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It'd be the most hilarious thing if there was a surprise Direct before March is out. I would say it could end up killing so many leaks, but you know...

HAIL HYDRA!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I tend to not believe leaks unless there is picture evidence, and that opens up a can of worms that I can't even begin to describe.

The only leaks I believe are the pre E3 leak, and the Palutena one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since we noted that, do you think the leaks that are inspired from here will take Banjodorf's post as something to make their leak believable.
You mean me mentioning how those four newcomers, and Ridley also really, are good potential April reveals, or something else? Sorry I've gotten caught up in the next phase of discussion and am a bit confused.

I tend to not believe leaks unless there is picture evidence, and that opens up a can of worms that I can't even begin to describe.

That's a pretty good (and pretty much my own) policy, really.

Ever since the Palutena statue and the leaked model were incredibly, incredibly similar, I found it really hard to not believe it.

Last edited:

Deitylord13

Banned via Warnings

Not every leak is going to have a picture provided, so I guess this is your way of saying you don't believe most leaks. Also, a lot of leaks will be proved or disproved with the next ND.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, and how "leakers" will use your predictions to turn them into leaks.
Well, it certainly wouldn't be surprising. April's got such a bevvy of potential popular characters. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks, that's for damn sure.

And expect to see more and more ErenJager type leaks once something like the Palutena leak becomes popular, where they exist solely to contradict something everyone's believing in. (Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure.)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That's a pretty good (and pretty much my own) policy, really.

Ever since the Palutena statue and the leaked model were incredibly, incredibly similar, I found it really hard to not believe it.
There is plenty pointing towards it being real honestly.

1) unique Palutena and Mario models, neither with an original source or origin
2) unique backgrounds
3) In my opinion, the clipping of Palutena's hand should lend more credibility, showing that it's an actual 3D model rather than a ripped picture or something.
4) scans have been run on said picture, which haven't picked up any sort or disturbances such as ones that would be left by Photoshop
5) the outlines and parts of the pictures are consistent with many different 3DS pictures that have been on the official website.
6) there are two pictures, not just one

It would have taken a crap ton of effort from the leaker or creator of the images to make these picture from scratch, and they would have to have access to pictures we've never seen before (as far as the backgrounds and such). To me, while the effort could have been made, I do not see why somebody would be putting that sort of effort into Palutena, nor have I ever seen such a well done leak in my life.

If you ask me, it's real.

The only thing people bring up to say it's fake is, "It's fake because I don't believe leaks"

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Character polls in Japan if it steers you opinion on leaks.
>Miku Hatsune
>no Lip in sight

As much as we like to pick on Miiverse for requesting characters who don't have a snowball's chance of getting in, Japan is no better.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which honestly makes no sense to me. You can dislike leaks, but it doesn't make sense to "not believe in them" when they've very clearly happened before.

People, man.

I'd prefer if they didn't happen, because they're just a HUGE source of contention among the fanbase, but the fact of the matter is sometimes they do, and we've gotta be on the lookout for ones that are and ones that are not.

>Miku Hatsune
>no Lip in sight

As much as we like to pick on Miiverse for requesting characters who don't have a snowball's chance of getting in, Japan is no better.
Yeah...

I mean honestly this is pretty much the case. The characters found most wanted from numerous sites after the release of Mac included Daisy and the main character of Monster Hunter.

Sigh.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what? Not to bring up ErenJager again (Alright one more time I promise, but this time I'm trying to put it down for good.)

The fact that the guy's reason to doubt the Palutena image was "the rope wasn't hanging off the shield." (especially when we have evidence that she grips it in a combat stance in her Brawl trophy, or...it was from somewhere, I've seen it, but can't remember.)

If I was him, and had seen what ATs on the 3DS were like, I would have said whether or not they had outlines, or just said they have outlines too, or...

Rather than focusing something easily handwaved by all the evidence.

I'm sorry to bring that up again, it was just my final thought on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom