• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whelp, that one's fake.

See, this is what would've happened to the Palutena leak if there wasn't something genuine about it.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
April has a lot going for it.

The 15th anniversary of Smash 64's US release.
Fire Emblem's 24th anniversary.
Kirby's 22nd anniversary.
Murasame Castle's 28th anniversary.
One month until Mario Kart 8, which itself may bring in some leaks about it.

Speaking of leaks, has anything even pointed to April or May announcements?
15th anniversary of Smash 64's US release: I dont see anything being revealed for this

Fire Emblem's 24th anniversary: This is on a Sunday, so unless Sakurai plans to make a reveal on Friday or on Monday, the day after, then we'll probably see Ike announced. There's also the possibility of Sakurai going in depth about Arena Ferox like he did with Super Mario 3D Land.

Kirby's 22nd anniversary: Again, this is on a Sunday, so we'll either get Meta-Knight on either Friday or Monday. If not, then we'll probably get nothing special or some Kirby related picture of either an item or a stage

Murasame Castle's 28th anniversary: Unless next months Nintendo Direct is on the same date then we'll probably not see Takamaru revealed. However, i am curious to see who they'll reveal next month in the direct if it isn't him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Character polls in Japan if it steers you opinion on leaks.
Toad above Peach is a little surprising(albeit not that surprising given how popular Toad actually is in Japan) but that Ike is more popular than Chrom is pretty shocking considering how badly Ike's games apparently tanked compared to the rest of the series over there especially considering how well Awakening did.

Not entirely sure if this tells us anything other than Japan want N more than they want Mewtwo and they want Hatsune Miku more than Sonic. Also Phoenix Wright more than Megaman.

Is that King Boo picture down there the last place out of all characters or just 30th?

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Toad above Peach is a little surprising(albeit not that surprising given how popular Toad actually is in Japan) but that Ike is more popular than Chrom is pretty shocking considering how badly Ike's games apparently tanked compared to the rest of the series over there especially considering how well Awakening did.

Not entirely sure if this tells us anything other than Japan want N more than they want Mewtwo and they want Hatsune Miku more than Sonic. Also Phoenix Wright more than Megaman.

Is that King Boo picture down there the last place out of all characters or just 30th?
If memory serves right there are several polls in those magazines, I remember Viridi being higher then Palutena, then few weeks later Palutena was in the top 5 or 10 & also random stuff like Black Kyurem were appearing on the 20th-25th place, so its safe to say those things are not that credible to base popularity on for Smash Bros characters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would hope that they make him sized to his actual Pokemon dimensions instead of him having a gigantic head like in Melee. Like Snake sized. Maybe not that big but you know what I mean. Head=too big. just like in Melee. But its not unheard of that Nintendo reuses models. I mean... look at Mario, Luigi, and Fox. Still its fake.
I personally always prefered the bigger headed Mewtwo from 1st Generation, he looks much more like a human created experiment. The anime Mewtwo looks silly to me, his feet are much bigger than his tiny head. However, I'm not expecting us to get 1st Gen Mewtwo, since his design has evolved a lot over the years, which imo is a shame.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Warning Received
I doubt Lucas would be cut.

If you'll all notice, Sakurai has never just cut a character without one from its franchise replacing it. Roy-Ike, Pichu-PT, Mewtwo-Lucario, DrMario-Wario, YoungLink-ToonLink.

I realize that a few of those were set to return, but my point is that a franchise has never had less reps in the following game.

Oh and as for an April newcomer. Dixie Kong seems most likely to me.

Rosalina was announced following her appearance on SM3DW at the following direct, and with Tropical Freeze being the last major release of a Nintendo game (on the home console), it's easy to guess that she'll be next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

Rosalina was announced following her appearance on SM3DW at the following direct, and with Tropical Freeze being the last major release of a Nintendo game (on the home console), it's easy to guess that she'll be next.
I don't know, I think that if Dixie is in the game, she'll be one of the few secret newcomers. Seems like overcooking it if they announce yet another character from the Mario universe (with Yoshi and Wario obviously being starter characters).

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
Whelp, that one's fake.

See, this is what would've happened to the Palutena leak if there wasn't something genuine about it.
These kinds of leaks are literally the first google image of a character that comes up plastered over an existing picture. The person who made the leak (if it's fake) took the time to make a decent looking model. If someone else took the time to make their leak look decent maybe it wouldn't get debunked in two seconds. (See Pacman leak, Shulk leak, Mewtwo leak, etc. etc.)

Parmite

Smash Apprentice

I just wanted to say something about this picture. If you look closely at the bottom of Palutena's dress, you can see that a Starman from Mario is one of the gold medallions. This, obviously, isn't in her original design.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
And the background comes from here. They just lazily pasted Mewtwo on top of Samus.

Are you people even trying anymore?
Off topic but damn this game looks so good in gameplay pictures (I mean, the ones that are zoomed out. As it will be when you actually play the game. Coulnd't care less about that some pause-zoom-in-pics looks a bit of, jagged or whatever. This game is glorious when it's played).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You say stuff like this every time the Palutena leak is brought up, I've realized. It's the only picture leak that smash bros has gotten that is the least bit realistic and isn't disproven immediately... so why are you so shocked/angry whenever it is brought up again? this is a leak discussion thread, and the palutena leak is a HUGE one. Yes it is brought up a lot , and it does get old, but you complaining about it gets old too.
Maybe it's because I hate running in circles.
That we never go anywhere new with it. But yet somehow were compelled to keep at it every single day.
Look, I don't mind it if someone finds something new about it.

But we haven't, and it only feels like we just have to make sure it's real.
And I understand it's a huge leak, but we've done nothing to crack it. Heck, we've barely tried.

But then again, I'm just cynical like that.

Staarih

Smash Master

Now this is a new theory to me, haha, and I could actually see it happening! I think the general consensus is that it'll be either an FE-character or Takamaru (because of their anniversaries), or maybe Palutena, Mii or a Pokémon character to some extent (some think stages tease with newcomer releases (Galaxy with Rosalina and Boxing Ring with Little Mac) and we've had Palutena's Temple, Lumiose City and that Mii stage now)... but Dixie Kong is a fun idea! However, I'd rather not look at patterns (if you can even call these things "patterns" as they've basically only happened once) and I'm betting Sakurai will throw us a curveball with the next newcomer, so I'm thinking it'll be something quite random really.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Now this is a new theory to me, haha, and I could actually see it happening! I think the general consensus is that it'll be either an FE-character or Takamaru (because of their anniversaries), or maybe Palutena, Mii or a Pokémon character to some extent (some think stages tease with newcomer releases (Galaxy with Rosalina and Boxing Ring with Little Mac) and we've had Palutena's Temple, Lumiose City and that Mii stage now)... but Dixie Kong is a fun idea! However, I'd rather not look at patterns (if you can even call these things "patterns" as they've basically only happened once) and I'm betting Sakurai will throw us a curveball with the next newcomer, so I'm thinking it'll be something quite random really.
I see it more as a promotional tool. People who had SM3DW would have unlocked Rosalina and played as her by the time she was revealed so it builds hype all around, and it doesn't steal thunder from the new game release. Same could be said for Dixie Kong from TF.

With the Wii U faltering in sales, they could really do with as many promotional tools as possible. Even if we were to get another FE newcomer (which seems highly unlikely to me), I don't see why people would expect one next. We've already had tons of human-y newcomers.

I guess I'm saying that they've got more to gain by showing Dixie off next, rather than waiting. Even if there was another FE rep, they haven't got anything to gain by showing it off next... The crossover game doesn't even have a release date yet.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned that in the month Little Mac was revealed, the Nintendo game of the month or whatever was Punch out. This month (and until April 6th) it's Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters. It's just a rumor/speculation though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm still loving how that Palutena leak is still strong. However, I hope she gets revealed soon so it can end.

EDIT: April 6 for Of Myths and Monsters, huh? Well that actually isn't bad, but remember Japan gotten that game so much later than we did, but hey, it can still be relevant, provided we get an early direct, even though the 6th is a Sunday.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm still loving how that Palutena leak is still strong. However, I hope she gets revealed soon so it can end.

EDIT: April 6 for Of Myths and Monsters, huh? Well that actually isn't bad, but remember Japan gotten that game so much later than we did, but hey, it can still be relevant, provided we get an early direct, even though the 6th is a Sunday.
Well we might get palutena in April but that's only if any of the other possible ones and unexpected ones and if sakurai quotes about the direct on twitter we might get her in April.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Haha, let's hope we'll get Palutena in April then. XD And then Medusa and Hades... just because.

Also, that's one sad Mewtwo fake. :/ But don't worry, Mewtwo. You will still be in this game.

T

Trick or Treat

Perhaps even a surprise release of the game itself!!

I'm not counting out that possibility. I'm getting vibes. And I watch How I Met Your Mother. So...vibes.

I'm willing to bet on it.
Believe it or not, I'm actually serious about this. I'll be play Smash 4 before by May! :D

I don't see Dixie being revealed in April though. I also don't think she'll be playable but if she is, she'd probably appear later. The hype and novelty of Tropical Freeze has pretty much faded.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman

I just wanted to say something about this picture. If you look closely at the bottom of Palutena's dress, you can see that a Starman from Mario is one of the gold medallions. This, obviously, isn't in her original design.
I would like to clear up that that isn't a starman. It's actually the beginning of a longer charm on her dress as seen here:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, I'm actually serious about this. I'll be play Smash 4 before by May! :D

I don't see Dixie being revealed in April though. I also don't think she'll be playable but if she is, she'd probably appear later. The hype and novelty of Tropical Freeze has pretty much faded.
"Nintendo has stated that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze "sold more than 130,000 combined physical and digital units in its first eight days on the market". That launch helped Wii U hardware sales to increase by 25% compared to February 2013."

That's US alone. So, considering the Wii U's install base, TF is still hype. After she was nearly included in Brawl (considering the DK series was nearly non-existent at the time) and she was just in TF. I'd say she's as close to being a shoo-in as any character could be.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I doubt Lucas would be cut.

If you'll all notice, Sakurai has never just cut a character without one from its franchise replacing it. Roy-Ike, Pichu-PT, Mewtwo-Lucario, DrMario-Wario, YoungLink-ToonLink.

I realize that a few of those were set to return, but my point is that a franchise has never had less reps in the following game.
The Mario series had 5 characters in Melee: Doc, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach.

Brawl lost Doc, leaving Mario with 4 characters.

Mind, I don't think Lucas will be cut, just saying that it has happened before.

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
The Mario series had 5 characters in Melee: Doc, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach.

Realy depends on how you want to look at it. Diddy kong and Wario both are/have been/originate somewhat from the mario universe.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

"Nintendo has stated that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze "sold more than 130,000 combined physical and digital units in its first eight days on the market". That launch helped Wii U hardware sales to increase by 25% compared to February 2013."

That's US alone. So, considering the Wii U's install base, TF is still hype. After she was nearly included in Brawl (considering the DK series was nearly non-existent at the time) and she was just in TF. I'd say she's as close to being a shoo-in as any character could be.
I'm saying that, Rosalina was revealed a little after 3D World because she of the unlockablehype thing right? It was either you or someone else who said that and compared it to Dixie.

But it's not the same because Dixie was available from the beginning, so it would've been most likely to be revealed around TF's release.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Realy depends on how you want to look atit. Diddy kong and Wario both are/have been/originate somewhat from the mario universe.
But they aren't Mario characters in Smash, hence why they have an icon that isn't a Mushroom.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't think 2 transitions (64 to Melee, Melee to Brawl) is enough to make a pattern when it comes to cuts/additions. At the very least, we'd need to wait until Sm4sh comes out. 3 makes a pattern. Not 2.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm saying that, Rosalina was revealed a little after 3D World because she of the unlockablehype thing right? It was either you or someone else who said that and compared it to Dixie.

But it's not the same because Dixie was available from the beginning, so it would've been most likely to be revealed around TF's release.
I don't think that really makes any difference. I'm sure the teams that worked on the SM3DW and TF games wouldn't want Smash Bros stealing any thunder away from their releases. Announcing a new character a month or two after the game releases is the perfect time, as it gives the (just released) game a shot in the arm in terms of hype.

"Oh cool, Dixie's in Smash I'm gonna go pick up Tropical Freeze to try her out/find out more about her".
"Oh cool, Rosalina's in Smash I'm gonna go pick up Super Mario 3D World to try her out/find out more about her".

Technically Wario is still a Mario character. Mostly. Just like Frasier was still a cheers character.

I don't think 2 transitions (64 to Melee, Melee to Brawl) is enough to make a pattern when it comes to cuts/additions. At the very least, we'd need to wait until Sm4sh comes out. 3 makes a pattern. Not 2.
I agree with this though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/212uv3/smash_bros_3ds_possible_date/
Guy who works at a store says that the release date for the 3ds version is said to be November 25 currently.
Seems like an accurate date. They already have MK heading into summer so Smash for christmas seems about right.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Technically Wario is still a Mario character. Mostly. Just like Frasier was still a cheers character.
His icon isn't a Mushroom, and his trophy isn't the Mario category, but a category of it's own.

As far as Smash is concerned, Wario represents WarioWare, not the Mario series.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
But they aren't Mario characters in Smash, hence why they have an icon that isn't a Mushroom.
Indeed. I agree. Just wanted to point out that if you look at it in a different way Mario got some new representation. Through other franchises sure, but that originate from the Mario universe. Two of those maybe make up for one character lost? (especially considering it was Doctor Mario. A character from the the Mario unvierse who only appeared in one game, that has relation to the Mario universe).

But yeah, in Smash, the Mario roster (aka characters using the mushroom icon) did for sure lose on rep in the transition Melee - Brawl. Regardless if one think Mario lost or gained reps, it mostly comes down to semantics ^^

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Indeed. I agree. Just wanted to point out that if you look at it in a different Mario got some new representation. Through other franchises sure, but that originate from the Mario universe. Two of those maybe make up for one character lost? (especially considering it was Doctor Mario. A character from the the Mario unvierse who only appeared in one game, that has relation to the Mario universe).

But yeah, in Smash, the Mario roster (aka characters using the mushroom icon) did for sure lose on rep in the transition Melee - Brawl. Semantics ^^
Doctor Mario has had a game on practically every console, not just the NES.

Diddy also originated in DKC, though I understand what you mean by his series spinning off from Mario.

So guys, how about that Palutena leak? :troll:

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Doctor Mario has had a game on practically every console, not just the NES.

Diddy also originated in DKC, though I understand what you mean by his series spinning off from Mario.

So guys, how about that Palutena leak? :troll:
Oh, my bad then. Never knew Dr.Mario had more iterations than the NES one, excluding the new Dr.Lugi (wich is a different character anyways. I don't have the game, maybe Dr.Mario is in it?).

And yeah, staying on topic in this thread can be so hard sometimes XD Gotta say that atm I'm much more interested in credible leaks concerning release dates than characters tho. I really, really want to know that damn release date!

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
had a friend that lives in japan translate it
Thank you for your message about the 2nd year celebration of the new Baruten. I didn't even notice it.....I was thinking back to then and I realized the smash bros 3ds/wiiu is coming at quite a fast pace
Well I just kinda used google auto translate so I guess your source is abit more reliable then mine, Thank you

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Stay and topic and talk about character reveal dates in the character discussion threads. Contrary to what some may have you believe, this isn't the social thread.

Also, this is Smashboards, not GameFAQs. Baseless allegations that Chrom has no chance and that Dixie is a shoo-in are not welcome here, much less in the wrong thread.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Have any leaks supported this rumoured surprise April release date? Seeing it pretty much all over the place. Is it just speculation more than anything?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I seem to have a vicious cycle with this thread. Every day I read through several pages of Palutena, obviously fake leaks, and random off-topicness.

"But Snag, why don't you just leave this thread?" Because I know the second I do, something big will come up and I'll miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom