• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I can't say I want the Mii's. We already have 2 "avatar" characters as newcomers. A third seems like overkill to me, especially as The Villager is actually very similar looking to a standard Mii. But I do realize that Mii's are extremely popular, and a huge part of Nintendo's product, so they do deserve to be in.

Pac Man is like a dream come true, he's the only video game character who's popularity and renown is comparable to Mario. And I think he'll be a really unique and interesting character in terms of moveset potential.

Most people only complain about Pac Man because they don't want him taking up a slot that they want for one of their unlikely characters. He fits the style and theme of the game like a dream (unlike some certain blue haired swordsmen...).
Wait, you mean WFT or Little Mac are the second 'avatar' character? ._. Cuz', neither of them is a avatar. I Think?
Also, either way, it won't be overkill, they are still iconic and popular characters. ^^ In a way, a avatar is the same character for everyone, only Changes physically to match you better, haha.

And yes, PacMan is certanly big enough to be playable, and with his owners helping the game, even if they won't get any special treatment, he is bound to be brought up a lot. ^^
And yes again, a character one personally don't want Always steals a spot from someone you DO want. Oddly enough.

But being more on-topic, hopefully we'll get PacMan soon in a Direct. I can see a 'Fake' Pic of the day having Mario stare at a floating White orb, going "What on Earth is this?!"

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
While he's laughable for suggesting it'll come out in April, if Nintendo knows what's good for them, SSB should be showing up Late Summer/Early Fall. It's erroneous to think MK8 alone can keep Wii U out of an early grave.
This is Nintendo they will not a rush a game no matter what so id say smash is probably summer.

T

Trick or Treat

While he's laughable for suggesting it'll come out in April, if Nintendo knows what's good for them, SSB should be showing up Late Summer/Early Fall. It's erroneous to think MK8 alone can keep Wii U out of an early grave.
It's...really not that laughable. Highly unlikely but still possible and unsurprising.

D

Deleted member

Heck, when Namco-Bandai last put him in a fighting game, they made him drive a wooden mecha; it felt like they were throwing up their hands and saying "Okay, we give up. We can't think of a good Pac-Man move set. Have this instead."
Because his Capcom equivalent

Was so reflective of Mega Man. :rolleyes:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Apples to oranges. Pac-Man wasn't modeled after his appearance on his first game's American box art for the sake of a joke.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The ErenJeger "leak" is the worst kind of "leak," which is why I haven't even wanted to give any credibility to it by discussing it. Not only does it seem incredibly fake (with as much as people like to talk on the internet, I'm supposed to believe only this guy is talking about the demo?) but IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY SAY ANYTHING THAT PEOPLE HAVEN'T BEEN GUESSING. The only risky prediction he made was Palutena as an assist, but he even covered himself on that one saying that "I didn't see it, but someone told me." So if she is playable, he can still save face. Very convenient, huh? Skull Kid is a logical guess, Waluigi as an assist was really the only option after Rosalina was seen as playable, and the final smashes are the same ones people have been predicting since E3. Even if he was right, there is nothing even remotely interesting about the leak itself!

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anybody were to speak about rumors predicting Little Mac. There was at least one rumor saying Takamaru and Little Mac should be in for the East West idea. After watching the Little Mac announcement trailer I feel like this point may be true. Just look how Little Mac is shown: He's the only newcomer with a drawn intro. The intro refers to typical comics of the West. If the East West rumor/theory were true, this could mean Takamaru's announcement trailer to start with an anime style drawn intro.

Just wanted to mention this one especially as it is really hard to look through over 500 pages in order to find out if anybody already were to mention the same observation.
I've been trying to keep an eye on any follow up East vs West rumors myself. This concept could end up affecting how Classic mode could be organized if a "Western" character (Little Mac) would end up facing the entire 'Eastern' lineup before fighting Master Hand. I dunno, just a thought.

D

Deleted member

Apples to oranges. Pac-Man wasn't modeled after his appearance on his first game's American box art for the sake of a joke.
Instead he was put in a Mokujin mech for the sake of a joke.

So really, it's comparing a Fuji apple to a Gala apple.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It really doesn't take long for this thread to devolve into a "this character should or should not be in Smash" debate, huh?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The ErenJeger "leak" is the worst kind of "leak," which is why I haven't even wanted to give any credibility to it by discussing it. Not only does it seem incredibly fake (with as much as people like to talk on the internet, I'm supposed to believe only this guy is talking about the demo?) but IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY SAY ANYTHING THAT PEOPLE HAVEN'T BEEN GUESSING. The only risky prediction he made was Palutena as an assist, but he even covered himself on that one saying that "I didn't see it, but someone told me." So if she is playable, he can still save face. Very convenient, huh? Skull Kid is a logical guess, Waluigi as an assist was really the only option after Rosalina was seen as playable, and the final smashes are the same ones people have been predicting since E3. Even if he was right, there is nothing even remotely interesting about the leak itself!
You can either have a leak that sounds believable, or one that isn't "stuff people have already been guessing" but not both. When confronted with new information that might be true or false, almost never is someone going to think, "Wow, I never would have come up with that on my own, but I it seems believable." One will either reject it using something in their ready made grab bag of reasons, or they will think it is too safe and it doesn't reveal anything that people haven't already been guessing. If Brawl and Melee are anything to go by, it sounds like the former is far more likely then the latter with legit leaks, but regardless one or the other will be true of the truth.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Game needs more villain reveals because how many TRUE villains have been revealed so far...? Like 0? Bowser and Dedede have helped the main protagonists quite a few times...

I tend to give credit to leaks with Ridley, K. Rool, Hades, Marx and Tom Nook a little more over those with Dixie, Palutena, Sable, etc.

Yeah, bottom line... Game needs a lot more villains.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You can either have a leak that sounds believable, or one that isn't "stuff people have already been guessing" but not both. When confronted with new information that might be true or false, almost never is someone going to think, "Wow, I never would have come up with that on my own, but I it seems believable." One will either reject it using something in their ready made grab bag of reasons, or they will think it is too safe and it doesn't reveal anything that people haven't already been guessing. If Brawl and Melee are anything to go by, it sounds like the former is far more likely then the latter with legit leaks, but regardless one or the other will be true of the truth.
He also left himself an out with Palutena and included almost no new information, meaning that there is very little way he can be wrong. The events surrounding the leak are also highly suspicious.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't want Pac-Man in not because he isn't relevant, but because it would be incredibly hard to build a move set around him. We've seen him eat, bite, roll, and jump, and that's about it. Barring some invention out of whole cloth, most of his attacks would end up being too similar to each other (one of the "leaks" in this thread described him as being Sonic 2.0, which is what I fear he may become). Heck, when Namco-Bandai last put him in a fighting game, they made him drive a wooden mecha; it felt like they were throwing up their hands and saying "Okay, we give up. We can't think of a good Pac-Man move set. Have this instead."

Plus he's got next to nothing to do with Nintendo, apart from a few ports and the company who owns him developing the Mario Kart arcade games. When people think of almost anyone who's in Smash at the moment, they think of a home or handheld console. When people think of Pac-Man, they think of an arcade cabinet. Pac-Man is a video gaming legend and an international icon, definitely, but that doesn't mean he's entirely deserving of a place in the game. (And I bet the thought of him wouldn't have crossed anyone's minds if N-B wasn't working on the game.)

...Although, yes, part of my reasoning is because it's quite possible he'll end up in the game and Lip won't.
I don't see how Pac Man would be hard to come up with a moveset? Especially if they use the power ups from his new game. A Smash Bros style game is a completely different kettle of fish than a Street Fighter game.

Yet you guys are asking for more 'sword' newcomers. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with having more 'avatar' newcomers.
I don't want any more sword characters. Especially not Fire Emblem, they're more than adequately represented as is. In fact the thought of another generic sword user is quite concerning.

Wait, you mean WFT or Little Mac are the second 'avatar' character? ._. Cuz', neither of them is a avatar. I Think?
Also, either way, it won't be overkill, they are still iconic and popular characters. ^^ In a way, a avatar is the same character for everyone, only Changes physically to match you better, haha.
a
And yes, PacMan is certanly big enough to be playable, and with his owners helping the game, even if they won't get any special treatment, he is bound to be brought up a lot. ^^
And yes again, a character one personally don't want Always steals a spot from someone you DO want. Oddly enough.

But being more on-topic, hopefully we'll get PacMan soon in a Direct. I can see a 'Fake' Pic of the day having Mario stare at a floating White orb, going "What on Earth is this?!"
The Villager is also an avatar (not Little Mac).

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Game needs more villain reveals because how many TRUE villains have been revealed so far...? Like 0? Bowser and Dedede have helped the main protagonists quite a few times...

I tend to give credit to leaks with Ridley, K. Rool, Hades, Marx and Tom Nook a little more over those with Dixie, Palutena, Sable, etc.

Technically, K Rool helped Donkey Kong and the Kongs in Mario Super Sluggers

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Wolf's probably the only real villain in the game (yeah I know he helped Fox out once, but it was an end of the world type situation).

And even if they're not true villains, Bowser, Wario and Dedede are more villains than heroes... Adding Mewtwo, K. Rool and Ridley will go a long way towards fixing the lack of villains though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wolf's probably the only real villain in the game (yeah I know he helped Fox out once, but it was an end of the world type situation).

And even if they're not true villains, Bowser and Dedede are more villains than heroes... Adding Mewtwo, K. Rool and Ridley will go a long way towards fixing the lack of villains though.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I have the sneaking suspicion that Palutena, will end up being this gens Krystal. Really, aside from kid Icarus coming back, she has no real reason to be playable. 1 game does not boost you to deserving of a playable appearance. The fact that Sakurai made the game, doesn't help her chances either. And no, her being female, doesn't really mean much either. Yeah, people requested her, but don't tell me for a second that she was super popular before the leak came out. You people are getting ridiculous, you went as far as to crucify Eren, and even call him anti-palutena, just because of his leak mentioning she wasn't playable. Like it or not, the original leaker did NOT say she was playable. It was a hit and run kind of thing. There's no real reason to say she's playable or not, just by looking at the pictures. Personally, I don't even care if she gets in, I'm not too into the character. But still, if it comes out that she's part of Pit's FS again or she's an AT the meltdowns on these boards will be glorious, and I don't think a lot of leaks will survive.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
As far as I know, Bowser has only worked with Mario in the RPGs, which aren't canon either.

I get what you are saying about Dedede though.
Let's be honest here... Does bowser really scream "villain"? Yes, he's a bad*** but does he really want to wreak havoc to the world or control planets? No, he usually tries to steal Mario's girlfriend or wants to be left alone by Mario.

Bowser is one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever (that's why he and Dedede are in my sig) but, he doesn't really portray a villain really well.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have the sneaking suspicion that Palutena, will end up being this gens Krystal. Really, aside from kid Icarus coming back, she has no real reason to be playable. 1 game does not boost you to deserving of a playable appearance. The fact that Sakurai made the game, doesn't help her chances either. And no, her being female, doesn't really mean much either. Yeah, people requested her, but don't tell me for a second that she was super popular before the leak came out. You people are getting ridiculous, you went as far as to crucify Eren, and even call him anti-palutena, just because of his leak mentioning she wasn't playable. Like it or not, the original leaker did NOT say she was playable. It was a hit and run kind of thing. There's no real reason to say she's playable or not, just by looking at the pictures. Personally, I don't even care if she gets in, I'm not too into the character. But still, if it comes out that she's part of Pit's FS again or she's an AT the meltdowns on these boards will be glorious, and I don't think a lot of leaks will survive.
I dunno man, I don't really want Palutena, but I think it's safe to say that she'll be in the game. She even made pretty significant appearances in Brawl.

That leak put any doubts to rest IMO.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Miku? Hahaha! This is about as good as a Miiverse poll. I'm sure it'd be the same if you polled the US though. This really changes nothing on leaks. Personal opinions don't matter

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Miku? Hahaha! This is about as good as a Miiverse poll. I'm sure it'd be the same if you polled the US though. This really changes nothing on leaks. Personal opinions don't matter
I believe that's Famitsu magazine... Sakurai writes articles on their regularly so, yes... yes personal opinions do matter somewhat.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hatsune Miku "fans" really need to read Sakurai's comment about not putting "just any" 3rd Party characters in.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Wait, are you saying Tom Nook is a villain? But I always prefer to see the villains on leaks.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I dunno man, I don't really want Palutena, but I think it's safe to say that she'll be in the game. She even made pretty significant appearances in Brawl.

That leak put any doubts to rest IMO.
Yeah, I mentioned that she is indeed a special case because of it, but that leak didn't say she was playable at all. People just assume she is, because they want her to be playable.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
You people are getting ridiculous, you went as far as to crucify Eren, and even call him anti-palutena.
I suggest you not use the term "crucify" lightly. No such thing was done to him, and it's getting annoying that people are saying that. If you really want to see a leaker get cussed at, told they fail at life, taunted (even by a mod), called a deep throat (??), then I suggest you look at Nya's leaks. You're blowing a leaker getting critiqued out of the water, it just sounds like you're pestering.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The Palutena images show she has outlines. The point of outlines is to distinguish playable characters from the background. Why would NPCs have outlines (Especially when NPCs shown on stages have been shown to NOT have outlines)?

IF Palutena in those images is an AT, I believe it should be pointed out that Eren's story would actually it, because he mentions ATs don't have outlines.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I am going to tell you she was super popular before, because she WAS super popular before. If you think other wise, you're wrong. Here's proof:

http://smashboards.com/threads/who-...or-smash-4-expect-first-trailer-at-e3.330611/

Look, a lot of people said Palutena before E3! Once again, before the leak, before we knew ANYTHING about the game, most people thought she would be in.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Let's be honest here... Does bowser really scream "villain"? Yes, he's a bad*** but does he really want to wreak havoc to the world or control planets? No, he usually tries to steal Mario's girlfriend or wants to be left alone by Mario.

Bowser is one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever (that's why he and Dedede are in my sig) but, he doesn't really portray a villain really well.
It's the RPGs that have made Bowser seem like a nice guy that's misunderstood, which again, aren't canon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
She was super popular prior to the leak. Definitely in the Top 5 for a long time before it. Check any of the polls to see that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom