• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BKupa666 said:
Keep a lookout next time you see the phrase "too safe" come up; more likely than not, it'll be in relation to a roster with one or both of the two reptilian villains.
Gaxel said:
I'm sick of all these people pretending to have inside Smash Bros info when they're so hilariously wrong.

The roster has 53 characters with no cuts from Brawl. That's right, even Snake is back. Here are the newcomers with Mewtwo returning from Melee:

Villager
Megaman
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Little Mac
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Ridley
Takamaru
K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk
Dillon
Prince of Sable
Saki
Lip
>>
Anonymous 03/
Extrain said:
That 4chan leak is very safe and is major homage to the fanbase.
BluePikmin11 said:
Yeah from the newcomers here, I'm pretty sure this is a feeding the fanbase roster.
KaBlamJamDan said:
>Ridley
>K. Rool

God no
Could you lot be any more predictable? No, really, could you?

Also, I'm thinking we ought to start a countdown for how many times each debunked photoshop gets posted in here. It would come out to something like..."Obvious Photoshopped Shulk...5," "Obvious Photoshopped Pacman...9," "Obvious Photoshopped Mega Mewtwo...21," and so on.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Me: Let's not jump to conclusions

Miiverse: These are all fake needs Shrek n' Heavy Weapons Guy.

(...... Someone please photoshop this for my amusement XD)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
You know I wouldn't mind if the game came out in April, we already have one less of the amount of characters Melee had (25 exluding shiek).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You know I wouldn't mind if the game came out in April, we already have one less of the amount of characters Melee had (25 exluding shiek).
Only as a demo version for me. The actual game being released at such a close date would most likely result in exploitable bugs and horrible character unbalancing.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Me: Let's not jump to conclusions

Miiverse: These are all fake needs Shrek n' Heavy Weapons Guy.

(...... Someone please photoshop this for my amusement XD)
im made it better by using ms paint AND making the picture super small, just to please you more

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah, I'm seeing alot of repeat pictures here and it's just invokes eye-rolls. Ofcourse if you don't know any better, I guess it's not your fault. But this thread is pretty much one of the first places to get leaks and pictures. The Palutena leak was already pretty beaten to death when sites like MyNintendoNews and GameXplain just got it a day after. Infact I'd wager they got most of their points for it's credibility from us, but that's debatable.

I've become desensitized to this thread, only really come to it when there's moreso leaks lurking around, but usually its the same old song and dance of someone debating someone over their opinion or a fake leak posted again or a joke pictures. I hope we get more juicy leaks in the coming months.

D

Deleted member

Honestly he is not even close to one. To everyone: when I get back home later, I will try and post all the points I have as to why the shadow leak and shadow himself is not to farfetche'd
The "leak" uses a custom render done by the DeviantArt user itsHelias94, who makes a lot of Sonic render art.

That in itself signifies the "leak" is fake. Aside from that, the "leaker's" story is very fishy.
He just entered a bunch of random numbers instead of character names in the url and ended up on Sonic's page with Shadow mysteriously having a webpage select icon before a reveal?
Bullocks.

>Ridley
>K. Rool

God yes
Fixed.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I seriously doubt that. The Sonic franchise is the second most famous involved in Smash, and you're saying that Sakurai should continue his extremely poor representation of the Sonic franchise? That's ridiculous!
Sonic fans should have been gratefull in the first place that they have gotten Sonic last minute in Brawl, due in 2005 he even wasn't planned & they had to delay the game just for him & had to sacrifice characters like Mewtwo due Sonic caused time constraints

You should be even more thankfull that he could return for this game, due Sakurai said several times he is going to handle 3rd party content extra carefully for this game, due some fans even didn't like Sonic & Snake inclusion in Brawl & he came to the conclusion he has to draw a line somewhere due if he would flood the roster with 3rd party characters, it would lose the charm & focus of the game due Smash will always be a celebration of Nintendo's history in the first place, while Sonic is just a guest.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Could you lot be any more predictable? No, really, could you?

Also, I'm thinking we ought to start a countdown for how many times each debunked photoshop gets posted in here. It would come out to something like..."Obvious Photoshopped Shulk...5," "Obvious Photoshopped Pacman...9," "Obvious Photoshopped Mega Mewtwo...21," and so on.
Funny how K.Rool and Ridley were the first thing that came to your mind when you heard me say safe/homage to the fanbase. I was talking about the inclusion of Lip, Prince Sable, Takamaru, Shulk, Chrom, and Dillon being on the same roster (specifically a group of characters 4chan/Smashfans have requested with no surprises akin to brawl), and a 53 character roster at that. Which is more of a wet dream I've never said both K.Rool and Ridley making this game is not plausible. . I've never even said it's "too safe", just "very safe".

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually starting to wonder if ErenJager will be the new NyaseNya...I think people should have waited for at least one thing he said to be proven wrong before they totally crucified him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ErenJeger's information is probably fine barring the Palutena assist, which is not actually his own knowledge or information but some "hearsay". Honestly nothing else there is even remotely controversial, or really all that interesting.

I think people are mostly "crucifying" him because he handled and set the situation up very poorly.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Looking at his posts, I don't see anything that could be interpreted as particularly offensive, so I don't see how he really handled it poorly. He wasn't like "I'm telling the truth and if you don't believe me you're an idiot". He basically just acknowledged that he couldn't prove what he said and that only time could prove him right.

It was actually kind of funny seeing everybody over-analyze the living **** out of the things he said ("What, some guy just went up to him and tells him Palutena was an assist? FAKE!!!!). Others were accusing him of trying to make Palutena appear disconfirmed because he didn't like he idea of her as a playable character, yet by throwing a fit over someone so much as raising the possibility and then desperately trying to think of reasons why it cannot possibly be real that made no sense showed that they were just as bad.

I don't "believe" Eren, for the record, but I'm considerably more open to him than others. Yes, it is possible he conspired with some guy on another board (or is the same guy) to collaborate the story of the demo, but the existence of such a demo isn't that implausible, as it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. I'm just going to take his advice and "leave it to time".

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Looking at his posts, I don't see anything that could be interpreted as particularly offensive, so I don't see how he really handled it poorly. He wasn't like "I'm telling the truth and if you don't believe me you're an idiot". He basically just acknowledged that he couldn't prove what he said and that only time could prove him right.

It was actually kind of funny seeing everybody over-analyze the living **** out of the things he said ("What, some guy just went up to him and tells him Palutena was an assist? FAKE!!!!). Others were accusing him of trying to make Palutena appear disconfirmed because he didn't like he idea of her as a playable character, yet by throwing a fit over someone so much as raising the possibility and then desperately trying to think of reasons why it cannot possibly be real that made no sense showed that they were just as bad.

I don't "believe" Eren, for the record, but I'm considerably more open to him than others. Yes, it is possible he conspired with some guy on another board (or is the same guy) to collaborate the story of the demo, but the existence of such a demo isn't that implausible, as it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. I'm just going to take his advice and "leave it to time".
But there seems to be no proof (beside from what he said) that these supposed Smash demos ever occured. If I were Nntendo and wanted to host a Smash demo, I would want to generate as much publicity as possible instead of making it so secret that people think it never happened; even CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (Ryce on NeoGAF) has called BS on this and he tends to quite credible when it comes to "leaks" (he was the first to explain the E3 leak after all).

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
But there seems to be no proof (beside from what he said) that these supposed Smash demos ever occured. If I were Nntendo and wanted to host a Smash demo, I would want to generate as much publicity as possible instead of making it so secret that people think it never happened; even CAW Evolution on GameFAQs (Ryce on NeoGAF) has called BS on this and he tends to quite credible when it comes to "leaks" (he was the first to explain the E3 leak after all).
Of course there is no proof. He acknowledged that. The demos he described were obviously not the public everyone gets to play demos at E3 and other events. It sounded more like some kind of focus group thing, which is not unheard of in the gaming industry.

If CAW knows something specific about the game that contradicts the claims, then he should say what it is so we can stop worrying about it. If he thinks its BS because of his own personal opinion, then I'm afraid that is worthless. People should really press him on this.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look. The only thing I find questionable is the Palutena hearsay. I work in Sociology, and focus groups are every bit as important to me as they are for people in marketing.

If I doubted the demo itself at this point, I'd say so. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't.

I feel the guy pushed too much with the "Some guy said Palutena was an assist." And doubt on the grounds that this sort of thing happened falsely at actual demos pre-Brawl. (People said they saw Rosalina and Tails at the Japan demo, for instance.)

Honestly, I'd care alot less and probably wouldn't mind at all if he hadn't thrown in that one detail, which is also notably absent from the other instance of the demo.

Please pardon me for analyzing what people say over a game I'm passionate about.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I agree. IF the demo did happen, and IF he really did talk to some guy who said Palutena is an assist, it's still entirely possible he was mistaken, like the many instances of misidentified assist trophies (though I suspect a lot of those were just flat out lies). I still don't think people needed to treat him with as much hostility as they did and accuse him of lying on all sorts of weird bases. It's one thing to say someone's lying. It's another to say so for very silly reasons.

In all honesty, Eren is actually being nicer about this than NyaseNya. She got very indignant when people didn't believe her information. While she proved her doubters wrong in the end, in all honesty, she was kind of naive to expect everyone to believe her just because she got Sonic's reveal date right.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was that guy who said he saw Duster and Rosalina as assist trophies pre-Brawl so either he saw nothing new and wanted to have something to talk about or he was mistaken.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The fact that he says Palutena is a Assist is enough for me to not Believe him. Too many things Points to that leak being a playable character.
But I'll judge more when something comes to (dis)prove it officially.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Are you ****ing kidding me? Are you this gullible to think that the game is going to be released in three weeks without anybody knowing? Come on.
It's not coming before November, get over it.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anybody were to speak about rumors predicting Little Mac. There was at least one rumor saying Takamaru and Little Mac should be in for the East West idea. After watching the Little Mac announcement trailer I feel like this point may be true. Just look how Little Mac is shown: He's the only newcomer with a drawn intro. The intro refers to typical comics of the West. If the East West rumor/theory were true, this could mean Takamaru's announcement trailer to start with an anime style drawn intro.

Just wanted to mention this one especially as it is really hard to look through over 500 pages in order to find out if anybody already were to mention the same observation.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I agree. IF the demo did happen, and IF he really did talk to some guy who said Palutena is an assist, it's still entirely possible he was mistaken, like the many instances of misidentified assist trophies (though I suspect a lot of those were just flat out lies). I still don't think people needed to treat him with as much hostility as they did and accuse him of lying on all sorts of weird bases. It's one thing to say someone's lying. It's another to say so for very silly reasons.

In all honesty, Eren is actually being nicer about this than NyaseNya. She got very indignant when people didn't believe her information. While she proved her doubters wrong in the end, in all honesty, she was kind of naive to expect everyone to believe her just because she got Sonic's reveal date right.
How was Nya being mean? If anything she received the worst backlash I've ever seen a leaker get. The mods even taunted her. Looking back, if anything we were naive for not believing her. It's different guessing a third party characters release date rather than a veteran character.
And who treated Eren with any hostility....? It's just odd that you're kind of contradicting yourself.So it's fine to say Nya should not have expected anyone to believe her after getting Sonics reveal date correct, along with the game delaying. But it's wrong to accuse Eren of lying based on a text post with only one other citation of the event? You're starting to show bias towards Eren and it's showing.
If he want's to be a leaker (and this goes for anyone watching) then he should be mature enough to understand that people will critique, evaluate, question him, and may or may not believe him; especially on this board of all places.:confused:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
way way to many slots for smash 4 40 between 45 is the most likely (45 is 41 if you exclude the transformation characters)
You really think they're only going to increase the roster by 1 from Smash? Technically we're done here then, we have a max of 2 more newcomers and we already know that Mii and Pac Man are in.

Most fighting games now hit 50-55 characters, and with such a large team working on Smash, any less than 50 would be a pretty big shock (especially as we got 39 in Brawl).

T

Trick or Treat

You really think they're only going to increase the roster by 1 from Smash? Technically we're done here then, we have a max of 2 more newcomers and we already know that Mii and Pac Man are in.
Since when did we know anything of the sort?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Most fighting games now hit 50-55 characters, and with such a large team working on Smash, any less than 50 would be a pretty big shock (especially as we got 39 in Brawl).
The problem is sakurai said theres limitations for guarenteed cuts

And how is pac-man and mii locks? The E3 is not till June 10 till the 12th

(Ps I feel like its likely that 1 character on each E3 day is a good guess in my opinion as long as smash bros was shown on the second day of E3 in 2013)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Since when did we know anything of the sort?
When that guy leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman and Villager before E3 (as well as PacMan, Mii and Little Mac).

There is no way in hell that was a lucky guess. And besides, the 2 most likely characters on the list are the two that aren't confirmed yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Technically it could've been a coincidence but he's not picked a wrong character yet so unless we get a completely different 3rd party or a Mii assist trophy there's no way to kno

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
When that guy leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman and Villager before E3 (as well as PacMan, Mii and Little Mac).

There is no way in hell that was a lucky guess. And besides, the 2 most likely characters on the list are the two that aren't confirmed yet.
Indeed. I am still 100% sure that was a legit leak. ^^ And really can't wait to see how Mii and PacMan will work. At first, I didn't want PacMan playable at all, but the idea has grown on me.
And Always wanted Miis~

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Indeed. I am still 100% sure that was a legit leak. ^^ And really can't wait to see how Mii and PacMan will work. At first, I didn't want PacMan playable at all, but the idea has grown on me.
And Always wanted Miis~
I can't say I want the Mii's. We already have 2 "avatar" characters as newcomers. A third seems like overkill to me, especially as The Villager is actually very similar looking to a standard Mii. But I do realize that Mii's are extremely popular, and a huge part of Nintendo's product, so they do deserve to be in.

Pac Man is like a dream come true, he's the only video game character who's popularity and renown is comparable to Mario. And I think he'll be a really unique and interesting character in terms of moveset potential.

Most people only complain about Pac Man because they don't want him taking up a slot that they want for one of their unlikely characters. He fits the style and theme of the game like a dream (unlike some certain blue haired swordsmen...).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of the fused finger theory (that I partially founded and named) the Male Wii Fit Trainer in his only appearance has distinctly separate fingers. Ergo, he's an alt costume of the She-Fit trainer and not an assist.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yknow, it just struck me about ErenJeger.

"Why would he say Palutena was an assist trophy, when he doesn't actually know because he didnt see for himself and its very likely incorrect?"

Because he seems like the type of person who wanted the attention. I'm not entirely sure why I get that impression, but if he'd only mentioned Villager and MM's final Smashes, which is what the MMO leaker did (same amount of lack of information in fact, EXACTLY, which I find strange), we would've talked about this for maybe a day.

I'm pretty sure his "leak" has only lasted because he tossed a popular newcomer in there as an AT just because.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Most people only complain about Pac Man because they don't want him taking up a slot that they want for one of their unlikely characters. He fits the style and theme of the game like a dream (unlike some certain blue haired swordsmen...).
I don't want Pac-Man in not because he isn't relevant, but because it would be incredibly hard to build a move set around him. We've seen him eat, bite, roll, and jump, and that's about it. Barring some invention out of whole cloth, most of his attacks would end up being too similar to each other (one of the "leaks" in this thread described him as being Sonic 2.0, which is what I fear he may become). Heck, when Namco-Bandai last put him in a fighting game, they made him drive a wooden mecha; it felt like they were throwing up their hands and saying "Okay, we give up. We can't think of a good Pac-Man move set. Have this instead."

Plus he's got next to nothing to do with Nintendo, apart from a few ports and the company who owns him developing the Mario Kart arcade games. When people think of almost anyone who's in Smash at the moment, they think of a home or handheld console. When people think of Pac-Man, they think of an arcade cabinet. Pac-Man is a video gaming legend and an international icon, definitely, but that doesn't mean he's entirely deserving of a place in the game. (And I bet the thought of him wouldn't have crossed anyone's minds if N-B wasn't working on the game.)

...Although, yes, part of my reasoning is because it's quite possible he'll end up in the game and Lip won't.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Are you ****ing kidding me? Are you this gullible to think that the game is going to be released in three weeks without anybody knowing? Come on.
It's not coming before November, get over it.
While he's laughable for suggesting it'll come out in April, if Nintendo knows what's good for them, SSB should be showing up Late Summer/Early Fall. It's erroneous to think MK8 alone can keep Wii U out of an early grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom