• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Character polls in Japan if it steers you opinion on leaks.
Where is Waluigi and a bunch of anime characters I don't know? I remember seeing something like this in the past and it had Waluigi on it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where is Waluigi and a bunch of anime characters I don't know? I remember seeing something like this in the past and it had Waluigi on it.
The poll is apparently a monthly thing. This is a different issue.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, I mentioned that she is indeed a special case because of it, but that leak didn't say she was playable at all. People just assume she is, because they want her to be playable.
I do admit that a lot of people pick and choose what they want to believe in terms of how it suits their personal wants for the game. I think had the E3 guy who leaked WFT, Mii, Pac Man, Megaman, Villager and Little Mac's list containted say K. Rool and Shulk then a lot more people would be vocal about believing it.

But in this case she has individually rendered fingers which AT's don't get.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Is that a recent poll? And can anyone make out the rest after Chrom (21-30)?
26 is Eevee, 28 is Wario, 29 is Slyveon, 30 is Lucina. 21 also appears to be Villager.

edit: definitely post E3, as VIllager's game is listed as "??? For Wii U/3DS", implying Smash.\

edit 2: says month 8 at the top, so it looks like August 2013

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
A bit late, but at the "too many Avatars argument" -

The difference between these characters and Mii is that they are pre-made characters meant for you to play as. Much like Link, who was also created as a player Avatar, they each have their own distinct appearance and abilities. The thing that makes Mii different is that it wears your freaking face and that it has no specific, set abilities. It's Nintendo's first truly customizable avatar.

Whether that helps or hurts its chances, I don't know. It might be playable, it might not be. I don't see Mii happening in Smash without some kind of customization, though, whether that be just costumes like in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games or whole moveset changes. Perhaps there'll be a few preset movesets that are amalgamations of other characters. I dunno. The point is, excluding them because they're an Avatar and we already have one is a poor argument.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I always wondered, when people defend the Palutena leak because they can't detect any photo manipulation via software (which I admittedly don't know too much about), do they take into consideration that it probably is an actual photo of a 3DS? You can upload photos into your 3DS, so someone could have modified a picture anyway they wanted, uploaded it to a 3DS, and then taken a picture of their 3DS. I would imagine that that would make it harder to detect any photo shop magic in the original picture, no?

(could be wrong, I'm actually curious about this)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I always wondered, when people defend the Palutena leak because they can't detect any photo manipulation via software (which I admittedly don't know too much about), do they take into consideration that it probably is an actual photo of a 3DS? You can upload photos into your 3DS, so someone could have modified a picture anyway they wanted, uploaded it to a 3DS, and then taken a picture of their 3DS. I would imagine that that would make it harder to detect any photo shop magic in the original picture, no?

(could be wrong, I'm actually curious about this)
You should be able to do that. Save an image to your SD card, put it in the 3DS, open it in Camera, and then take a picture of the 3DS.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do any Mario games in general even have canon? :ohwell:
Not really. It's like Miyamoto said the Mario characters are virtually actors being thrust into the story and whatever it requires from them.

Mario and his friends are basically the Barbies of video games. They can do anything that their creator(s) can cook up.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Looks like I'm going to have to concede to the fact that Palutena was indeed popular before the leak. Even knowing this though, it's quite clear that the photo leak increased her popularity significantly. It certainly makes her look plausible. That's why she's on so many leaks, it's the safe bet to take right now.
About the finger thing, the reason I'm so adamant about that, is that I honestly don't think we've seen enough ATs to even make that assumption. This is a game that's in development, and there's still time to polish them if need be. If we get a few more characters that have fused fingers I'm fine with conceding on this too, but as of now, I don't think it's anything that can be used as a definite to determine anything.

T

Trick or Treat

Wait, are you saying Tom Nook is a villain? But I always prefer to see the villains on leaks.
Have you played an Animal Crossing game?

It's the RPGs that have made Bowser seem like a nice guy that's misunderstood, which again, aren't canon.
Super Mario Sunshine?

The Palutena images show she has outlines. The point of outlines is to distinguish playable characters from the background. Why would NPCs have outlines (Especially when NPCs shown on stages have been shown to NOT have outlines)?
If they're fake.

That's pretty much the only counter.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Character polls in Japan if it steers you opinion on leaks.
This is what I like to see, people vote characters they like instead of the ones they expect for the next SSB which is the problem we have with smashboards popularity polls.
Glad to see Luigi up there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The "leak" uses a custom render done by the DeviantArt user itsHelias94, who makes a lot of Sonic render art.

That in itself signifies the "leak" is fake. Aside from that, the "leaker's" story is very fishy.
He just entered a bunch of random numbers instead of character names in the url and ended up on Sonic's page with Shadow mysteriously having a webpage select icon before a reveal?
Bullocks.

Fixed.
While I know it is fake, there still should be no reason to debunk a leak if shadow is in it. If like everyone here says that sakurai praises sonic then it's not out there to believe he would add another sonic character especially if snake was cut. Also if snake stays then sakurai can add grey fox for all I care as third parties are basically the same and treated the same in game, if they have been in one game then that franchise can get another rep in the next if there is one to add. Also we wouldn't get anyone from sonic boom most likely because it's not coming to japan and sakurai may not even know it exists. If anyone from it did get in, then they most likely would have their new look which would confuse the Japanese players. Another thing shadow could be given a guy if snake has rocket launchers, grenades, landmines, etc, plus he is from an M rated game yet smash bros brawl was less then teen. Besides it's not like if shadow shot someone they would bleed to death in the game. Plus there is another game that I am surprised you all overlooked on here that they could take a moveset from, The Dark Brother Chronicles, it was probably the last really good sonic game in years. Shadow's whole moveset could be taken from there, so he would no way end up a clone like some think. Plus Nintendo could easily buy sega and I have a feeling they either secretly did or are trying to as we speak. If you don't think they can buy it then look at this: http://didyouknowgaming.com/, second post down(don't know how to link the actual picture). If they did that then sonic would be second party right?(maybe 1st I am not positive on how it works.) So while unlikely shadow is not impossible, he already had a model in brawl from is assist so they could transfer that and update it. Anyway moving on, the character poll has some very strange characters although I like that luigi is number 1 on there. Also if Tom Nook is in which he may be as well as toon Zelda if these cameo theory's are true then tom nook could easily be animal crossing's villain. He is a greedy landlord! Even though the creators say he is not meant to be taken like that, he is still seen as one by almost all who play it, me included. Anyway onto the CAW leak. When is CAW evolution? And are those characters and assist trophy's suppose to be shown at it or before it, or a little bit of both? If so then we may have a few more newcomers and the oddball character leaked already.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait why does pit have 2 voice actors and why is doc Louis on it labeled rumored?

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Here's another leak btw to stay on-topic... Let's just throw it out now?

I'm sick of all these people pretending to have inside Smash Bros info when they're so hilariously wrong.

The roster has 53 characters with no cuts from Brawl. That's right, even Snake is back. Here are the newcomers with Mewtwo returning from Melee:

Villager
Megaman
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Little Mac
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Ridley
Takamaru
K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk
Dillon
Prince of Sable
Saki
Lip
>>
Anonymous 03/

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/236480303
I'd pay for this roster.

R0Y

Smash Master
Do not trust imdb rumoured cast listings, lol.

EDIT: or 4chan

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't it IMDB listing Krystal's VA that made everyone think she was playable?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Do not trust imdb rumoured cast listings, lol.
Agreed. I still remember when imdb had Mega Man's voice actor listed for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. :facepalm:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wasn't it IMDB listing Krystal's VA that made everyone think she was playable?
No, she did that herself by listing all the voices she was supplying in Smash Brawl on her website.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Antony Del Rio is Pit in Smash 4?
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
I hate Pit's old voice, and I adore his new one.
I'm so happy about this. He confirmed it but now his twitter is deleted...
And yeah, IMDB is more of a guess and check based on assumptions of who they think will voice who. Some are obvious others are confirmed though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
English and Japanese actors.

Guessing Doc Louis is because of Little Mac's trailer or something.
Oh ok, and I was actually thinking it was because of little mac's trailer he may actually be able to communicate with him like team starfox and snake could. Also I think we may have 20 newcomers if sakurai is hinting at it to us through Monday's pic because why else would we need to see final smashes unless they were all changed which could happen to. Oh and epona is 50cent lol.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait.. Why does Mega Man have a voice actor?
Well everyone's got to have they're Kung fu hiya voice (grunts from attacking) and taking pain

Anyway I checked imdb its gone snake rumored voice is gone

The most likely scenario is they took snake rumored voice off is because it's just a rumor not a fact.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Have you played an Animal Crossing game?
Actually, I've played/own all of them and Tom Nook is no way shape or form a villain. He's a business man, err tanuki or raccoon(termed in the west)
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-tom-nook-is-misunderstood-506751609
I'd like to know why people consider him a villain in the first place.
The game's producer, Katsuya Eguchi, told me that he thinks the bees or scorpions that you occasionally agitate in the game count as enemies.
"Can we all agree that Tom Nook is kind of a bad guy as well?" I asked.

They all laughed.

"No matter how much you work, he just takes all the money from you," Eguchi replied, through a translator.

"I hate that guy," I said, provoking more laughter.

"We think he is very misunderstood," one of the game's two directors, Aya Kyogoku, said. "He’s just passionate about his business. He’s not like a loan shark. He doesn’t add a handling fee or anything like that. He can wait as long as it takes for you to pay back. He’s not as bad as other people might think he is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom