• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I never got why people wanted Geno. He seems so irrelevant. But then again, I never played Mario RPG far enough to see Geno.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I agree, I don't think K. Rool is anything like Geno. Geno is not only third party, but he was never actually important. He is a one off character that barely mattered in the game he was in... it's like people getting pissed Yuffie didn't make it into Dissidia. I was just pointing out that K. Rool isn't a shoe in character.
That's entirely understandable, there really isn't a such thing as a 'shoe-in' newcomer in general anyway. There's just a range of character with varying degree of chance from possible to unlikely to not a chance in hell.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was insinuating they were comparable, not exactly the same. Of course there are still major differences between them but I feel like the way the Geno fanbase acted about Geno back in the Brawl days is very similar to the way the K. Rool fanbase acts about K. Rool now. As Spazzy suggests, I don't think anyone should be accepted as an absolute shoe in and, speaking from experience, doing so only makes your final destination a pile o' butthurt if things don't play out in your favor.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really, really, want some final Smashes revealed soon so we can debunk some rumors. The Villager Bee FS (it's in some rumor, right?) I feel is just a random fan idea that people grabbed and ran with to the point that people just accepted it.

As far as characters go, my top 5 pre-E3 were Megaman, Little Mac, Ridley, An Animal Crossing Rep and a KI: Uprising Rep, so I'm pretty happy with the new comers already. Sure, a few characters like Shulk or Takamaru would make me happy...but I think I'll be happy with whatever we get.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I really, really, want some final Smashes revealed soon so we can debunk some rumors. The Villager Bee FS (it's in some rumor, right?) I feel is just a random fan idea that people grabbed and ran with to the point that people just accepted it.

As far as characters go, my top 5 pre-E3 were Megaman, Little Mac, Ridley, An Animal Crossing Rep and a KI: Uprising Rep, so I'm pretty happy with the new comers already. Sure, a few characters like Shulk or Takamaru would make me happy...but I think I'll be happy with whatever we get.
Xenoblade was by Nintendo, right?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
While this character discussion isn't really on topic, I'll echo the on topic point that it's pretty ridiculous to dismiss rumors for being "too safe." Every single character who was a "safe" "shoe-in" for Brawl made it. Every single character that people thought should have been in Melee was in Brawl. If the pattern continues (and I hate the reliance on "muh patterns!" but this is still relevant), then it's fair to assume we'll see a fair amount of obvious choices. We've already seen it with Villager, Megaman, and Little Mac. However, I still have a feeling that Sakurai is going to throw in at least one more shock character, so I'd imagine the real leak will include one or two of those.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Xenoblade was by Nintendo, right?
Yup, Xenoblade is 100% owned by Nintendo. I honestly think that a big part of Shulk getting in would be dependent on whether or not X is a direct sequel to Xenoblade (or at least set in the same universe) or just a "spiritual successor."

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yup, Xenoblade is 100% owned by Nintendo. I honestly think that a big part of Shulk getting in would be dependent on whether or not X is a direct sequel to Xenoblade (or at least set in the same universe) or just a "spiritual successor."
In the original X trailer, you do see Shulk for a split second at the end. So i think that helps his chances significantly.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I never got why people wanted Geno. He seems so irrelevant. But then again, I never played Mario RPG far enough to see Geno.
People can want a character for far more reasons than being simply relevant or recent (moveset potential, unique designs, or simply having an attachment to the character).

Also, Geno played a major role in Super Mario RPG and was probably the most important original character created for that game.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
This and the fact he's absurdly popular in Japan. I'd honestly hate for him to get in before Issac/Matthew but I could totally see that happening anyways.
Xenoblade's a very popular game worldwide though.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Xenoblade's a very popular game worldwide though.
That's debatable. It's highly praised (which keeps it from being completely obscure) but it's still considered more of a cult classic more than anything else outside of Japan. Xenoblade is off to a hell of a start as a separate franchise from the Xeno series though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's debatable. It's highly praised (which keeps it from being completely obscure) but it's still considered more of a cult classic more than anything else outside of Japan. Xenoblade is off to a hell of a start as a separate franchise from the Xeno series though.
To be fair much of it's cult classic pheonomen in NA is a result of Nintendo's haphazard handling of it release and how quickly the price skyrocketed because Nintendo made too few shipments of the game.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This and the fact he's absurdly popular in Japan. I'd honestly hate for him to get in before Issac/Matthew but I could totally see that happening anyways.
Xenoblade sold FAR more in North America then in Japan. (More then double, in fact)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
North America has more than 3 times Japan's population so it's not a perfect comparison.
The game was also a limited print in the US, and Japan does in fact have many games that sell over a million (Final Fantasy 13 sold 1.87 million) in the country, so selling about 160k is not "absurdly popular." Anyway, we were off topic, but this is getting a little TOO off topic.

Last edited:

OhHeyDJ

Smash Rookie
NNID
OhHeyDJ
3DS FC
2707-1792-0685
That was probably the most pathetic attempt at a 'leak' I've seen in a while. I've been lurking around this thread for a while too. *sigh*

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't think there's anything arguable about it. You don't see "Metroid Stages Without Lava" support threads with 10,000+ replies. The Smashers make the Smash. If the game had a flawless roster, I'd be fine with a bunch of generic fighting game-esque stages with lackluster music.
The GAMEplay makes the GAME its what is gonna matter in the long run and the online mode.

This game will be played for years not months or weeks.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That was probably the most pathetic attempt at a 'leak' I've seen in a while. I've been lurking around this thread for a while too. *sigh*
Call it a hunch, but... I don't think that 'leak' was meant to be taken seriously.

That is, if we're talking about the one Senseless just posted.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So... IDK if this is strictly on-topic or not, but does anyone have links to/archives of the "true" Brawl/Melee leaks? I've seen references to them, but as I was not around pre-Brawl or Melee I don't have links to them myself.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
lol double-double post
Anyways, why is it okay to claim recency as a reason to include Chrom, but it's okay to say K.rool gets in just because? Personally, i think these boards puts too much stock in recency. This is supposed to be a game for nintendo's all stars, not the newest kids on the block, ya feel me? This is way I don't take recency as a factor at all when reading through these leaks. It's such a fickle argument.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
lol double-double post
Anyways, why is it okay to claim recency as a reason to include Chrom, but it's okay to say K.rool gets in just because? Personally, i think these boards puts too much stock in recency. This is supposed to be a game for nintendo's all stars, not the newest kids on the block, ya feel me? This is way I don't take recency as a factor at all when reading through these leaks. It's such a fickle argument.
While i agree, Fire Emblem Awakening saved the series from demise- http://www.gamespot.com/articles/st...s-saved-the-series-cancellation/1100-6408782/

Chrom is not only relevant but important to the series given this.

EDIT: Sidenote, i love his character and thought his struggle was much more heartbreaking and "believable" than Ike's. I'd much rather see Chrom than Ike, but I would like to see them both. Granted, my opinion means nothing...

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
All this down-talk towards K.Rool. He's still the main villain, regardless of the fact if some company doesn't want him to be. Who else? The ****ing viking walrus that no one can remember because it was down right stupid?

Or you know what, those tiki masks were SO COOL. Yea-no. K.Rool should always be associated as the main villain, regardless of how many other **** tier choices they throw out.

Going off topic, but I'll always act bitter how they try to snub off King K.Rool. Don't be mad because Rare made a better villain than you ever will Retro.

As for the Fire Emblem talk: I'd rather see a character who isn't a pretty boy and uses a sword. The game is diverse as hell. Putting only sword users in makes the game look limited and **** tier.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As for the Fire Emblem talk: I'd rather see a character who isn't a pretty boy and uses a sword. The game is diverse as hell. Putting only sword users in makes the game look limited and **** tier.
There is Robin(both male and female, whatever you prefer) who is much more different both from a character design point view and abilities since he/she also uses magic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom