• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wow this thread is a mess, even more then usual.

If only something amazing would pop up, even if only lasted a few minutes like the fake Shulk pic a few days ago.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any leaks mention anything this Thursday or Friday?

If Snake isn't in I guess we know who will be the guy everyone wants as DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're not going to get DLC. Sakurai says himself that he has no plans for DLC.
Never said there would be. Everyone will still want him as DLC even if there is none.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
No current plans doesn't mean no post release DLC, just not the on-disk kind. Especially if Nintendo wants it, which they probably do.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
SO LEAKS...

Palutena's still hasn't been disproved yet. I'd say that's grounds for being practically confirmed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
SO LEAKS...

Palutena's still hasn't been disproved yet. I'd say that's grounds for being practically confirmed.
Don't take it as true yet.

All we know is that it's not an assist trophy as she has individually rendered fingers.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
It was a hit and run, but that doesn't really point towards it being fake. There are still big factors that point towards it having a rather decent chance at being real. It's an incredibly consistent picture.
i wasn't insinuating it was fake, i just wanted to change the subject lol
Don't take it as true yet.

All we know is that it's not an assist trophy as she has individually rendered fingers.
Stop saying this -.-
Having individual fingers DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT mean it's not an assist trophy. who the hell came up with that "rule" anyways?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
SO LEAKS...

IF the leak is genuine (which I believe it is), bear in mind that it doesn't confirm her a playable character. She probably is, but that model could be Pitt's FS or an AT.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Having individual fingers DOES NOT, I REPEAT DOES NOT mean it's not an assist trophy. who the hell came up with that "rule" anyways?
The ATs have a lower poly count because they're not meant to be on screen for very long and they shouldn't put any pressure on the system. Playable characters on the other hand show a much greater amount of detail, something that the Palutena leak possesses. The fingers is just one example.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So passionate about your generic goddess for a franchise with three games that does not match that of F-Zero or Donkey Kong for a new rep. Oh, how I feel awful for you. Give me one reason why she should be included over a new F-Zero character, and recency or "people want her" doesn't count. And I swear to God if you say the word female...
Someone sounds pretty upset and I'm not sure why.

Popularity, relevance, closeness to Sakurai and unique potential and likability all separate her from alot of her competition, but that's all been covered by others and this is the LEAK thread, so I apologize for bringing us off topic.

Man I wish there were new leaks to discuss...

Edit: Do we have any evidence of ATs not having glued fingers before? I know that's not a guarantee THIS time, but definitely an indicator.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't really want Palutena, but I've accepted that she's most likely in (hence her inclusion in my sig, it's kind of a "best case senario" for me).

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
It's not deconfirmed. I think Sakurai wants to keep DLC out of his mind for now so he can include as much content as possible on the disk itself. He will probably have DLC if there's more content that he wanted to add at first, but didn't make the final cut (possible time constraints).

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Do we have any evidence of ATs not having glued fingers before? I know that's not a guarantee THIS time, but definitely an indicator.
I've checked that myself and while some (like Saki and Jeff) do have seperate thumbs, I couldn't see any of the other fingers on any AT not being glued together so if the Palutena leak is real and she's an AT, it would be the first time that an AT did have individual fingers.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
DLC is possible. Part of the reason it wasn't in Brawl was some characteristic of the Wii that didn't allow software to be patched or changed (or something like that). Wii U is different.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
DLC is possible. Part of the reason it wasn't in Brawl was some characteristic of the Wii that didn't allow software to be patched or changed (or something like that). Wii U is different.
Ah yes, that is very true. Sakurai did mention that the new Smash Bros. could feature patches.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've checked that myself and while some (like Saki and Jeff) do have seperate thumbs, I couldn't see any of the other fingers on any AT not being glued together so if the Palutena leak is real and she's an AT, it would be the first time that an AT did have individual fingers.
I believe that ATs only ever have separate thumbs, don't they? I mean, Skull Kid had separate thumbs...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Because Megaman, Sonic, and Little Mac totally didn't get in because of fan requests.

Palutena is the go-to Kid Icarus rep. We don't know if KI is getting another rep, but it's certainly more likely than F-Zero getting one. I'm not Palutena's biggest fan, but you're just instigating and being a **** about it.
I wasn't being a ****, I was just asking what people see in her. Simple question.
Yes, because clearly someone who made a support thread for TORTIMER knows what they're talking about as far as reps for Smash go. You should've been my go-to guy all along! Oh, my word, how could I have been so blind?!
I'm honestly just glad you saw my joke thread. I thought it was a bit under the radar.
Because she was in a game that was important enough to showcase as a launch title to the 3DS, incase you missed it, while F-Zero hasn't had a new game in 11 years. 11. It also had 4 games to Kid Icarus' 3.... huge difference. Kid Icarus, by the way, was show cased as a main franchise along with Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon in the E3 Smash trailer. Where was Captain Falcon for the trailer, by the way?

EDIT:

LAST F-Zero game (GX) - 650,000 sold.
Kid Icarus Uprising - 1,120,000 sold.

So there. (I actually do want a new F-Zero rep as well as Palutena, but facts are facts.)
Well, finally someone with hard facts. Your post I resepct the most, because you didn't insult me or act like an ass. So props to you!

Keep in mind, people who don't like characters won't change in a night. I would like to see another developer pick up the IP to make a fourth game, and if she becomes playable or gets a viable, non-boss battle where she's possessed, well, I might gain more love. But right now, she's just a fan favorite who everyone supports but me and a choice few. Thanks to those who were civil about my post!

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Have you guys noticed that the leaks thread goes in a cycle? It's like this:

1. Talk about leaks
2. Start making predictions based on false leaks
3. Turn predictions into "facts" using bizarre leaps of bad logic
4. Mods come in and attempt to put out the fires
5. Go back to step 1 for five whole minutes

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, we should install a sprinkler system around here.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just a wild guess/ throwing it out there. what if the animation in-games was based off the attack in xenoblade! (just a thought)
You could say that, but it's kinda hard to argue when we can find an image that has that exact frame of that attack.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Have you guys noticed that the leaks thread goes in a cycle? It's like this:

1. Talk about leaks
2. Start making predictions based on false leaks
3. Turn predictions into "facts" using bizarre leaps of bad logic
4. Mods come in and attempt to put out the fires
5. Go back to step 1 for five whole minutes
LOL true. Also thanks @ obeymalleo obeymalleo for that link. Everybody notice in there sakurai said something along the lines of "dlc is not out of the question." He said the same thing about including a capcom character, and look who we have: megaman. I think dlc is entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom