• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
If he does explain the situation, you guys aren't probably going to like it, specifically K. Rool.
THEY'RE TOO BIG!!!

Yeah, I don't know if Sakurai will do that though. For some reason I have a gut feeling Ridley has a better chance than KKR and might just get in.
After all, he still hasn't revealed the stage hazard of Pyrosphere. For all we know, that might not be Ridley, but Kraid or Dark Samus. And then Ridley could be a character.
And if he is a stage hazard, Kraid can take over when he's in the stage. Or Alfonzo. Lol I just see Ridley being in the game though. And if so, that kills Betternet.

On a different note, wasn't Rosalina revealed the 18th? Two days before the Betternet leak? Or was it just posted earlier?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Some of the comments in here aren't really on topic.

Try to stay on topic guys. Take any character discussion to the Social threads or the Character Discussion Forums

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because of the E3 Leak, which most sensible people consider at least partially legitimate. Otherwise, there would probably be less collective expectation for the Mii; people forget that Sakurai himself chose not to "go in the direction of adding Miis" with Brawl because he felt "gamers were looking for something else," according to Iwata Asks. Barring a Villager-esque change of mind, he could very well not add them again. But we'll have to wait and see.
The people who believe the "E3 Leak" are the least sensible people. There is a huge double standard. When even the smallest thing on any leak is wrong, it's quickly thrown out. But the E3 leak was busted about 2 days after because the guy claimed the characters were to be shown off at E3. However, everyone twist stuff around to claim how it was a miscommunication or that Nintendo pulled them from the show. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. This rumor is fake.

If anything, Mii is less likely now. For every new series (with a character), the stage wasn't shown off until the character was. The Megaman and Wii Fit stage weren't shown until their reveal trailer. The boxing stage was shown but the Punch-Out version wasn't shown until Little Mac came out, and then it was revealed to be two versions of the same stage. By showing off two (if not three) obvious Mii stages, it implies that Mii probably isn't a playable character.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Actually, the Phantom has separated fingers from what I can tell, a trait no Assist Trophies have and a thing that was used to prove the Palutena photo leak meant she was playable and not an Assist Trophy. Not only that, but its entire model is much higher quality than other ATs.
Couple points on this:
- the separated fingers were not used to prove palutena... and wouldn't have even been a discussion point if the leak hadn't been so believable already.
The leak hasn't been "proven", and it's #1 supporting evidence is the uniqueness of the Mario and Palutena char models from prior pictures/videos.

-All of the models have varying complexity right now, and change between updates. I hardly think fused fingers is a reason to draw any conclusions.

-My point didn't have to do anything with how likely the phantom is to be playable... it's that the Zelda-themed phantom doesn't have an effect on that likelihood.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If anything, Mii is less likely now. For every new series (with a character), the stage wasn't shown off until the character was. The Megaman and Wii Fit stage weren't shown until their reveal trailer. The boxing stage was shown but the Punch-Out version wasn't shown until Little Mac came out, and then it was revealed to be two versions of the same stage. By showing off two (if not three) obvious Mii stages, it implies that Mii probably isn't a playable character.
What about Rosalina's case?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If anything, Mii is less likely now. For every new series (with a character), the stage wasn't shown off until the character was. The Megaman and Wii Fit stage weren't shown until their reveal trailer. The boxing stage was shown but the Punch-Out version wasn't shown until Little Mac came out, and then it was revealed to be two versions of the same stage.
Yeah, that's clearly a pattern. :glare:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
If Miis are playable, I just hope that they are either mute or have less stupid sounding voices like they have in MKWII...

"YEAAAAAH! ALRIGHT! GOGOGOOOOOO!"

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
If Miis are playable, I just hope that they are either mute or have less stupid sounding voices like they have in MKWII...

"YEAAAAAH! ALRIGHT! GOGOGOOOOOO!"
My #1 reason for not wanting playable miis.... why do they sound so ridiculous?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Edit: Welp, didn't realize we were already on another page.

In regards to the Mii's they are probably keeping them mute.

I guess I'll see what new leaks have popped up now.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The main representative of Mario Galaxy is Mario. Not Rosalina. A galaxy stage was expected with or without Rosalina, so there was no need to hide it
True but even so. I don't think it really matters too much if a stage gets shown off before said character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The people who believe the "E3 Leak" are the least sensible people. There is a huge double standard. When even the smallest thing on any leak is wrong, it's quickly thrown out. But the E3 leak was busted about 2 days after because the guy claimed the characters were to be shown off at E3. However, everyone twist stuff around to claim how it was a miscommunication or that Nintendo pulled them from the show. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. This rumor is fake.

Not if the duck comes from NeoGAF rather than GameFAQs and has defense from credible veteran sources like CAW Evolution, or if there exist actual feasible reasons its information could have been partially false based on E3 precedents, as opposed to a random user gambling "LOL the next character shown will definitely be a Pokemon!" based on new release dates.

Weren't you just in here the other day claiming how the leak was obviously fake because the Smash layout of the Punch-Out!! Ring was obviously a placeholder, and thus Little Mac couldn't have possibly been shown at E3? Starting from the conclusion of "it's false" and twisting new reveals to conform to that conclusion isn't becoming of a speculator.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I think the bigger question here is why?
Not the character, but why bother explaining the "reason"?

It's like he wanted to make a leak but didn't want anyone to get mad.
This is an old one, but I think it's fake. It looks like someone clipped one of Sakurai's old posts on Miiverse and added a clever image of Falco
What's with all the dang Barney avis?

And yeah that leak has been confirmed fake.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not if the duck comes from NeoGAF rather than GameFAQs and has defense from credible veteran sources like CAW Evolution, or if there exist actual feasible reasons its information could have been partially false based on E3 precedents, as opposed to a random user gambling "LOL the next character shown will definitely be a Pokemon!" based on new release dates.

Weren't you just in here the other day claiming how the leak was obviously fake because the Smash layout of the Punch-Out!! Ring was obviously a placeholder, and thus Little Mac couldn't have possibly been shown at E3? Starting from the conclusion of "it's false" and twisting new reveals to conform to that conclusion isn't becoming of a speculator.
Remember how I said that there was a huge double standard that people will try and turn things around to make this true. Yeah, YOU DID JUST THAT!! I believe this is called special pleading.

You can't ignore a key piece in the rumor even if you don't like it, and you have to be fair in your judgement. He claimed that the characters were to be shown at E3, but they weren't. This is a key claim to his rumor. Note that others have done the exact same thing and they were considered "wrong" when the event didn't happen. You also can't say that because X wasn't shown on the 15th, that a rumor is wrong and then say that another is true when the characters weren't shown on the 17th. "Don't worry, " you say. "They will be shown on the 32nd."

On Little Mac: My argument still stands. The point was that they had no trouble showing off the boxing arena before Mac. The argument for the rumor has been "Well, Nintendo just pushed it back," which implies they were to be shown at E3. The boxing stage is potential evidence of that. But the arena has a Smash version, and the Punch-Out version wasn't shown before Little Mac was shown. This tells us they always intended to show the stage before Mac and, thus, we can assume that the stage being shown was not related to a plan to show off Little Mac. Also, the logical fallicy you are using is tu quoque.

Also, a "speculator" is a dumb title. I'm not going to go out in public and be called that, so why should I do it here?

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because there's only been 2 post-E3 newcomers revealed to begin with... both of which had stages related to them shown beforehand.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm starting to lean towards the Mii being some kind of costume change for the Villager.

* Villager already has a history of getting his head replaced with a Mii head.
* Villager's moveset includes some odd moves such as the bowling ball, boxing gloves and balloon helmet. All things Mii have a history of using.

It just makes sense if you think about it.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I wonder if the Pac-Man, Mii, Little mac leak is real, seeing as Mii is more likely now.

What's with all the dang Barney avis?
I won a bet with MisterVideoGaming in the Bob-ombs thread and gave him a Barney avatar, and then he and some other people started a group.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'd gladly have those voices over the MK7 ones.
Agreed. At least in Wii each size class had a different voice. In 7 they all sound like they breathed helium. :glare:

But to be on topic I'm pretty sure any leak saying Owain (or any Awakening character besides Chrom, Lucina, or Robin) is playable is dead upon birth.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Remember how I said that there was a huge double standard that people will try and turn things around to make this true. Yeah, YOU DID JUST THAT!! I believe this is called special pleading.

You can't ignore a key piece in the rumor even if you don't like it, and you have to be fair in your judgement. He claimed that the characters were to be shown at E3, but they weren't. This is a key claim to his rumor. Note that others have done the exact same thing and they were considered "wrong" when the event didn't happen. You also can't say that because X wasn't shown on the 15th, that a rumor is wrong and then say that another is true when the characters weren't shown on the 17th. "Don't worry, " you say. "They will be shown on the 32nd."

On Little Mac: My argument still stands. The point was that they had no trouble showing off the boxing arena before Mac. The argument for the rumor has been "Well, Nintendo just pushed it back," which implies they were to be shown at E3. The boxing stage is potential evidence of that. But the arena has a Smash version, and the Punch-Out version wasn't shown before Little Mac was shown. This tells us they always intended to show the stage before Mac and, thus, we can assume that the stage being shown was not related to a plan to show off Little Mac. Also, the logical fallicy you are using is tu quoque.

Also, a "speculator" is a dumb title. I'm not going to go out in public and be called that, so why should I do it here?
I am fair in my outward judgment. There's a reason that leak is categorized as 'dead' in the OP.

You are oblivious to context, as per the usual. "A leak claiming characters will be shown at an event is wrong for the exact same reasons a leak claiming characters will be shown in a precise order or on a single date is wrong," says you, despite there being a potential world of difference between a precedented E3 change and a run-of-the-mill lying GameFAQs user. "The logical fallacy you are using" is called a strawman, in that you claim "The argument for the rumor has always been..." as if there's ever been a singular reason its defenders have come to accept it as probable.

The actual reasonings are numerous and varied; some involve the latter three characters being made up, or the E3 reveals changing, or the original source seeing a unidentified list of characters and assuming they were E3 reveals, or mistaking some characters for others (e.g. Villager for Mii, Yellow Devil for Pacman). What they do all share in common is that they're possible explanations for the leak's half-and-half nature, rather than painfully arbitrary concrete judgments with minimal basis in reality.

Speculator is a descriptive term, not a title. It's surely beneath those who go into Pacman Threads and flame its older members for being on a forum instead of being millionaires.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
yeah...that's reaching BK. Possible explanations (which have no factual substance to back them up) sounds like excuses to me. If the leak fails in an aspect it should be dead, but if it happens to be true later just resurrect it instead of keeping it alive based off of what amounts to hope and speculation instead of results. But that's just me. And unfortunately I'm not in charge of the leak graveyard.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
yeah...that's reaching BK. Possible explanations (which have no factual substance to back them up) sounds like excuses to me. If the leak fails in an aspect it should be dead, but if it happens to be true later just resurrect it instead of keeping it alive based off of what amounts to hope and speculation instead of results. But that's just me. And unfortunately I'm not in charge of the leak graveyard.
I find it to be an instance of the pot calling the kettle black for the leak's detractors to talk about "reaching" and "no factual substance" when their argument requires that Sal Romano guessed the following:

--A character one known person mentioned in 2008 at all, no one guessed for a prediction roster, and certainly no one guessed for an E3 2013 reveal
--A character maybe 90% of the fanbase had written off thanks to Sakurai (or ignored in favor of Tom Nook)
--One out of a handful of fan favorites who some dismissed for stupid "relevance" reasons.

Detractors don't like to think about those things. They like to say that, because millions of people buy Smash, that equates to millions of gamers being online making predictions, rather than, say, a dedicated thousand or so, as well as that sales made WFT predictable, in which case, by all means, show everyone where that was happening (hint: it wasn't).

It is all speculation, yes, but that's all it ever claimed to be.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Both sides of the argument are right and wrong at the same time. In other words, neither side is 100% correct, nor 100% wrong.

Yes keeping a leak alive even though a part of it was wrong doesn't make sense, yet in this particular situation since the other part was right then it might be counter intuitive to throw the baby out with the bathwater. But at the same time we'll start making excuses as to why the second half was incorrect, though there is the possibility for a reason why the second part was wrong.

See what I mean?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not sure if this was posted but I found this on GameFAQS (said that it was originated from 4Chan):

EDIT: Never mind, I just noticed someone already posted this.

Hello! Recently I was able to get a lot of info on the upcoming Smash Bros from my friend who is a higher up on the development team. Here is some info that I have.

Mario Newcomers
1. Rosalina and Luma *
2. Bowser Jr

Pokemon Newcomers
No newcomers, however Mewtwo is back.

Zelda Newcomers
No newcomers

Donkey Kong Newcomers
3. King K Rool

Kirby Newcomers
No newcomers.

Animal Crossing Newcomers
4. Villager

Metroid Newcomers
5. Ridley

Wario Newcomers
No newcomers

Yoshi Newcomers
No newcomers

Star Fox Newcomers
No newcomers

Fire Emblem Newcomers
6. Owain **

F-Zero Newcomers
No newcomers

Earthbound Newcomers
No newcomers

Kid Icarus Newcomers
7. Palutena

Pikmin Newcomers
No newcomers

Wii Newcomers
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Mii

Punch Out Newcomers
10. Little Mac

Golden Sun newcomers
11. Isaac

X Newcomers
12. Shulk ***

Retro Newcomers
13. Lip

3rd Party Newcomer
14. Mega Man
15. Pac Man

I wasn't able to get any info on things like Assist Trophies or stages etc, but I was able to find out that each character will have an alternate costume. On top of that some other info that my friend was able to find out while working on development.

*Rosalina will be in a game of her own, and it should be released this year. The game has been in the works for a while now and it was a key reason to her inclusion. No clue on what the game is about yet.

**The reason Owain was added was because he will be the main character of the next Fire Emblem game. Apparently they wanted the next game to have close ties to Awakening thanks to its success and will focus closely on 2nd gen characters. They used Owain thanks to his popularity and to branch a little bit from Chrom's exact line of family. Game should be out next year.

***Shulk is going to play a large part in the next X game. They want to have a face for the series, and felt Shulk was a good direction. He was most likely added to Smash for those reasons.

That is all I was able to get for now. If I ever get more info in the future from my friend I will try my best to tell you guys what I have.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68789024

[\spoiler]

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I am fair in my outward judgment. There's a reason that leak is categorized as 'dead' in the OP.

You are oblivious to context, as per the usual. "A leak claiming characters will be shown at an event is wrong for the exact same reasons a leak claiming characters will be shown in a precise order or on a single date is wrong," says you, despite there being a potential world of difference between a precedented E3 change and a run-of-the-mill lying GameFAQs user. "The logical fallacy you are using" is called a strawman, in that you claim "The argument for the rumor has always been..." as if there's ever been a singular reason its defenders have come to accept it as probable.
Telling someone to be consistent isn't being a strawman. If you've ever sat in an economics or finance class, they tell you you have to keep all other things constant. That's basically what I'm say you and others need to do. A strawman is misrepresenting someone's argument. It would be saying that because Jim doesn't want to pay more in taxes, that he is clearly out to destroy the poor. I told you that if you are applying a specific criteria to one instance, you need to do it to them all. Again, consistency is not a strawman.

The actual reasonings are numerous and varied; some involve the latter three characters being made up, or the E3 reveals changing, or the original source seeing a unidentified list of characters and assuming they were E3 reveals, or mistaking some characters for others (e.g. Villager for Mii, Yellow Devil for Pacman). What they do all share in common is that they're possible explanations for the leak's half-and-half nature, rather than painfully arbitrary concrete judgments with minimal basis in reality.

Speculator is a descriptive term, not a title. It's surely beneath those who go into Pacman Threads and flame its older members for being on a forum instead of being millionaires.
Trying to explain it is exactly what I said you shouldn't do. It's perpetuating the double standard. Either the rumor is wrong or all other rumors are open season even if something didn't happen when they said it would.

If it's wrong, it's wrong. Most sensible people have taken the stance that he got three right out of pure dumb luck which is very possible give that those were characters from very large series and that thousands of people are making different predictions.

You also committed an ad hominid. Also, telling people to do more in their lives than sit on message boards and argue about characters is "flaming" (notice how I have been here less and less). Becoming rich will be far better in life than a message board. So is having a well paying job, getting lots of certifications and degrees, and having a family. All things you need to get off a message board and do. Giving life advice isn't "flaming." Funny how you tell me the stupid title is "beneath me." Your better off making a better argument than trying to bring up other instances. This isn't high school.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
To be fair, isn't this the third or fourth Mii stage? No other Smash game has had so many stages from one series/franchise without a playable character representing it.
The only argument against that I can say is that two of these stages are on the 3DS, which has become a big home to the Miis with the StreetPass Plaza and Tomodachi Collection (even though it isn't here in the US yet). Two stages isn't that grand of an amount, especially since only one of those is an actual game. The Find Mii stage is built in to every single 3DS out there, so it's more of a unique general stage, similar to Pictochat.

Now, as for the Tomodachi Collection stage, that one could just be a featured game because it makes an interesting stage. Think of Brawl. There was an Animal Crossing stage, and it was one of the more unique stages in the game (in terms of day/night cycle, time of year, events), but there was no Animal Crossing playable character. Tomodachi Collection could just be a stage and nothing more.

I honestly don't know, but I feel people are jumping on the Mii bandwagon too soon here, myself included, and it makes me sad because I'm not too keep on the idea of Mii being playable. I think they're fun characters, but I don't really want them as a fighter. However, if they did get in, I'm sure Sakurai would make them an interesting character regardless.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I have nothing more to add. I think most observers can easily point out and chuckle at your inconsistencies themselves (notably, "me misrepresenting the believers' arguments doesn't mean I'm misrepresenting their arguments"). I also think that you had best hope that Pacman and Mii don't become playable, because through sheer force of will, you have made yourself the figurehead of the deniers' "side" on this site, and if those two are in, no one will listen to your feeble mutterings that that, too, was a coincidence.

Anyhow, to the people talking about that new Tomodachi stage, from someone unfamiliar with the game, is that really something you could consider a "Mii stage"? Is it as blatant as, say, a "Mii Plaza" stage would be, or is it just some throwaway title that happens to be handheld and featuring the soulless abominations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom