• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Guys, are we missing this in the guy's leak?

a Lumiose City stage that flies around the city, landing in front of shops and in front of the tower.

The Miiverse post says that the fighters battle on top of the tower, but considering the boneheadedness of the rest of the roster (ROB is cut why, exactly? He says it's because he "doesn't fit", but that's subjective and not gameplay-related at all), it may just be a lucky guess.

Still...

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace

The Miiverse post says that the fighters battle on top of the tower, but considering the boneheadedness of the rest of the roster (ROB is cut why, exactly? He says it's because he "doesn't fit", but that's subjective and not gameplay-related at all), it may just be a lucky guess.

Still...
Wha...? Didn't the Tin Star leak say Lumiose or the Cafe or something would be a stage?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't believe that leak at all.
If were going to get a Pokemon newcomer, then it's gotta be one that shows Pokemon is going forward:
“Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company. What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front. For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward. But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things.”
May is definitely not the character that fits all of the criteria.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
I don't believe that leak at all.
If were going to get a Pokemon newcomer, then it's gotta be one that shows Pokemon is going forward:

May is definitely not the character that fits all of the criteria.
There are rumours that a Hoenn remake is on the horizon, however. In regards to this leak, it would show that the Pokemon franchise was--in a way--moving forward.
#playingDevilsAdvocate

Also, my first post here, yay! I've been lurking since about Christmas. Haha.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I doubt it's a real leak too, for various reasons (besides the obvious, A. six Mario characters is overkill, B. Wolf and ROB are cut without good reason, and C. Reggie's got a snowball's chance in hell).

Regardless, here's a killable by list:

· Exclusion of Bowser Jr., Hoenn Trainer, Mewtwo, Chrom, Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, or (possibly) Reggie Fils-Aime
· Exclusion of Really Rolling Hills or Pokemon Stadium 3 as stages (Wii U)
· Exclusion of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon stage (3DS)
· Inclusion of Kanto Trainer, Ike, Wolf, or ROB
· Lucario’s Final Smash remaining Aura Storm
· Falco’s Final Smash remaining Landmaster
· Pit’s Final Smash remaining Palutena's Army

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I find it to be an instance of the pot calling the kettle black for the leak's detractors to talk about "reaching" and "no factual substance" when their argument requires that Sal Romano guessed the following:

--A character one known person mentioned in 2008 at all, no one guessed for a prediction roster, and certainly no one guessed for an E3 2013 reveal
--A character maybe 90% of the fanbase had written off thanks to Sakurai (or ignored in favor of Tom Nook)
--One out of a handful of fan favorites who some dismissed for stupid "relevance" reasons.

Detractors don't like to think about those things. They like to say that, because millions of people buy Smash, that equates to millions of gamers being online making predictions, rather than, say, a dedicated thousand or so, as well as that sales made WFT predictable, in which case, by all means, show everyone where that was happening (hint: it wasn't).

It is all speculation, yes, but that's all it ever claimed to be.
Not at all as I'm a part of neither party. I'm a wait and see type concerning this, so I neither believe nor disbelieve the leak; I come here because it amuzes me and I find many arguments interesting. I just think that killing leaks should be consistent. I also believe that if the leak is proven later on then it should be rezzed. Simple as that.

But where did you get those statements from?

--A character one known person mentioned in 2008 at all, no one guessed for a prediction roster, and certainly no one guessed for an E3 2013 reveal
--A character maybe 90% of the fanbase had written off thanks to Sakurai (or ignored in favor of Tom Nook)
-I thought some one found a thread that had WFT even though it was a "joke" thread, so even if no one seriously thought she'd get in, she was thought of.
-I have no idea where you got that stat. Sakurai did state that Villager wouldnt fit, but I def remember people still asking for villager.

I completely agree with the relevance part though. The fact that we got characters like Game&Watch, Ness, Rob, Ice CLimbers, and Pit(pre KI:Uprising) in should have killed that argument dead in it's tracks. Relevance may be a reason for inclusion (see GameFreak), but it's a not a reason for exclusion (see game&watch, Rob, etc)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think it is too early for a Pokemon Hoenn reveal though. I doubt it's happening very early when we just got Pokemon X and Y to raise our Pokemon with.
I definitely wouldn't count out a Hoenn Remake reveal at E3.
But we are straying off topic, so I'll ask: Why does everyone go back to the Betternet leak?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I don't really know. It isn't a good roster, in my opinion. Seems too dull and safe.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So, the Tin Star and what was the other leak that said that Lumiose was a stage on the 3ds?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There was the Angry Leak and the one with the Stork, whichever that one was.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So I guess we can bust any leak that says Snake is definitely not cut, due to this.

When asked about whether Snake would be in the next Smash Bros., Hideo Kojima said "I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely."

If Hideo Kojima is not working on the game at this point, it's pretty safe to say that Sakurai has no plans to re-include Snake as of right now, so any leak up to this point that says Snake is back is almost definitely lying.

Then again, Kojima could just be trolling us.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
So I guess we can bust any leak that says Snake is definitely not cut, due to this.

When asked about whether Snake would be in the next Smash Bros., Hideo Kojima said "I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely."

If Hideo Kojima is not working on the game at this point, it's pretty safe to say that Sakurai has no plans to re-include Snake as of right now, so any leak up to this point that says Snake is back is almost definitely lying.
look at the way he says he smiles and laughs he could just be trying not to say anything Sega said the same thing about sonic

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I definitely wouldn't count out a Hoenn Remake reveal at E3.
But we are straying off topic, so I'll ask: Why does everyone go back to the Betternet leak?
It's the oldest leak alive, not counting Miitle Pac.
I wouldn't mind it. I accept any roster with the original 12, Pit, Marth and Takamaru. And not Geno.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You know, I'm counting that Sound Guy as still alive until he fails at the next Veteran reveal, which should be Mr. Game & Watch.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Smashchu, can I play devil's advocate with you on this point? You DO have a good point, but by the same token it seems incredibly odd that a franchise without a playable character is getting so many stages when there's already going to be a competition for each franchise having a stage to begin with in terms of representation. I mean, look at Zelda. It already has the same number of stages as a franchise with 3, probably 5 (or 6 if we get another newcomer) characters to its name.

Also, @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod . Did any leaks have Yoshi appearing on the NA release date?
Only one, which was one of those crappy website leaks.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's the oldest leak alive, not counting Miitle Pac.
Age doesn't mean much, remember the WiiLuvU leak lasted since August before it was deconfirmed last month. On top of that, despite lasting that long, it didn't get nearly as much attention compared to the Betternet rumor.

I think it's more that it's one of the most disappointing rumor that we have at the moment so people default to it.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Listen up, this is going to be hard to believe, but I was viewing the official Smash Bros website when I clicked on the event page option. It apparently stated that Yoshi was revealed on March 14th. I took a quick screenshot and clicked on the event, but I was 404'd.
I'm not entirely sure how to explain what happened because I did not see any Yoshi pictures at the website before I went to the event page. I'm sorry but all I have is the screenshot I took of the event page. It can be viewed here:
http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Relog2/media/Untitled_zpsf93f25da.png.html
it was this one.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Listen up, this is going to be hard to believe, but I was viewing the official Smash Bros website when I clicked on the event page option. It apparently stated that Yoshi was revealed on March 14th. I took a quick screenshot and clicked on the event, but I was 404'd.
I'm not entirely sure how to explain what happened because I did not see any Yoshi pictures at the website before I went to the event page. I'm sorry but all I have is the screenshot I took of the event page. It can be viewed here:
http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Relog2/media/Untitled_zpsf93f25da.png.html
it was this one.
Cheap and not even worth mentioning, you're right about that. Pity. We need to start getting these knocked out!

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I... DESPISE Krystal, but the Dude abides.
I like you, but we were destined to be mortal enemies it seems. Good thing we only know each other through the internet were we can't actually kill each other.

As for the Betternet leak, maybe it keeps coming up because everyone is a closet Krystal supporter like me? I'd rather have K. Rool or Ridley, but she is number 3 on my list. That said, I like Wolf. If any Starfox rep had to go for her I'd prefer Falco, but sadly he is obviously not going anywhere.

Alas, I'm getting a bit too deep into character discussion though, so I'll reign it in by mentioning how much these "leaks" help me deal with the idea of unfortunate rosters. No matter what I try to tell myself, I really have no idea what Sakurai will do.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Actually, the Phantom has separated fingers from what I can tell, a trait no Assist Trophies have and a thing that was used to prove the Palutena photo leak meant she was playable and not an Assist Trophy. Not only that, but its entire model is much higher quality than other ATs.
Also Zelda is seen in the same pose as if she's summoned it as she is in the recent POTD where she's casting Din's Fire, making it very likely connected to her moveset rather than being an indicator of Toon Zelda being stealth revealed (and thus confirming Betternet's legitimacy)
Personally I'm leaning towards any Toon Zelda leaks being fake and in fact Shiek being cut in favour of Tetra or Impa (with Shiek moveset) instead, the Phantom summon being Zelda's new special instead and upping her worth as a choice.... the Phantom also doesn't have a particularly 'Toon' artstyle to be connected to a Toon Zelda reveal in future

But yea back on track the idea of Wolf going in favour of Krystal baffles me, if we're expected to believe a Starfox 'clone' cut for a new moveset then surely it would be Falco with his closer clone status than the differently handled Wolf??
If the main roster has more than 3 rows of characters, let's consider this leak dead please.
Have there actually been any leaked character select screens from the E3 demo for example to see at least what the format is expected to look like this time around? Or any vaguely credible non-creator tool made leaks of one?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But where did you get those statements from?

-I thought some one found a thread that had WFT even though it was a "joke" thread, so even if no one seriously thought she'd get in, she was thought of.
-I have no idea where you got that stat. Sakurai did state that Villager wouldnt fit, but I def remember people still asking for villager.

I completely agree with the relevance part though. The fact that we got characters like Game&Watch, Ness, Rob, Ice CLimbers, and Pit(pre KI:Uprising) in should have killed that argument dead in it's tracks. Relevance may be a reason for inclusion (see GameFreak), but it's a not a reason for exclusion (see game&watch, Rob, etc)
Yeah, there was a joke thread made on GameFAQs in Spring of 2008 about how "the Female Trainer from Wii Fit would be cool." That's the one I referenced in saying "one person mentioned her at all," since, right after the E3 Leak came to everyone's attention, a handful of curious users went back through all of the forums to see if anyone had brought her up, and that's what they found. And yet, that doesn't come anywhere close to the detractors' claims that "People were talking about her" or "People were guessing her." I guess "people" and "one guy" are interchangeable in their minds or something.

I did make up the Villager stat based on anecdotal evidence, hence me saying "maybe 90%." Yeah, you'd see his name pop up from time to time as a wish, but it seemed as though most people singled out Tom Nook as the Animal Crossing frontrunner should Sakurai change his mind about the characters being "too peaceful." Had Villager been the only "surprising" character revealed, with WFT being replaced by, say, Ridley, I'd label that leak a probable guess in a heartbeat. The "Mega Man is irrelevant" meme was largely a GameFAQs thing, where people live and die by the stupid term, it's just worth mentioning considering GameFAQs makes a significant number of E3 predictions, some of which dismissed Mega Man for that reason.

Also, @Fenrir VII, to be fair, Mac still may have been planned as a separate trailer reveal, and the team just didn't want to blow their load early by putting in an obvious clue to his inclusion in the unrelated debut trailer (not as though the ring wasn't obviously from Punch-Out!! anyways based on multiple features, but yeah).

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Still...
Yeah, but that post on Reddit was done six hours ago. That picture was posted days ago. He could have easily just guessed that info about the stage.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Also, my first post here, yay! I've been lurking since about Christmas. Haha.
Welcome to the boards! Get ready for a stressful journey! :D

Also Zelda is seen in the same pose as if she's summoned it as she is in the recent POTD where she's casting Din's Fire, making it very likely connected to her moveset rather than being an indicator of Toon Zelda being stealth revealed (and thus confirming Betternet's legitimacy)
Actually, her pose in the Phantom picture and her pose in the Din's Fire picture are completely different. In the Phantom one, her right arm is sticking out front. In the Din's Fire one, she has her left arm crossed over to her right side. I'd post the pictures, but this is more character discussion than leak discussion, so I just linked them instead. Still, point stands, they're different poses.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I believe plte is the writer of this rumor because:

1. he is the one that found it, history has shown the one the post it made it up a lot of the times, who ever smelt it dealt it.

2. he spreaded a fake leak before, a good teller of future behavior is past behavior.

3. ever since the other info was posted he has been missing to suddenly come back when that rumor was made hmmmm

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Any leaks with Isaac? Cmon guys give me a smile here :(
There's a few, but not a lot. Most of them go for characters everyone wants in the game, which I guess is telling. It's a similar situation to Zoroark or Lip.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No leaks with Duck Hunt Dog or the Wandering Heroes. Not even as Assist Trophies either? That makes me a sad panda. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom