• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anyhow, to the people talking about that new Tomodachi stage, from someone unfamiliar with the game, is that really something you could consider a "Mii stage"? Is it as blatant as, say, a "Mii Plaza" would be, or is it just some throwaway title that happens to be handheld and featuring the soulless abominations?
It could technically be considered it's own franchise.
Just with Miis.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Did you guys discuss this one yet?

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/235531007

Newcomers not announced yet:
+Owain (Already fake)
+Ridley
+King K Rool
+Bowser Jr.
+Palutena
+Shulk
+Isaac
+Lip
+Pac Man
+Mii
Definition of safe + Owain. :p

I'm starting to lean towards the Mii being some kind of costume change for the Villager.

* Villager already has a history of getting his head replaced with a Mii head.
* Villager's moveset includes some odd moves such as the bowling ball, boxing gloves and balloon helmet. All things Mii have a history of using.

It just makes sense if you think about it.
So? That's only a minor visual change and an excuse to not have the Mii. Guess we should remove Yoshi because there is Yoshi hat the Mii can wear in Streetpass Plaza.
They are not all the sports equipment that the Mii uses.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Anyhow, to the people talking about that new Tomodachi stage, from someone unfamiliar with the game, is that really something you could consider a "Mii stage"? Is it as blatant as, say, a "Mii Plaza" stage would be, or is it just some throwaway title that happens to be handheld and featuring the soulless abominations?
Like I mentioned above, if it were just the Find Mii stage, I wouldn't even think about Mii being a character, but a stage based around Tomodachi Collection, which is a retail game all on its own, says a little more. Still doesn't mean Mii is a guarantee, could be a one-off stage like Pictochat or Smashville in Brawl, but it still says something.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Why do people still deny the E3 Leak?

If a known leaker comes out and backs it up, as well as the leak coming from a website editor on Neogaf makes me inclined to believe it is real despite part of it being false in the context of the leak.

I'd say leave the entire thing alone and both sides can laugh at each-other when one is proven 100%, undeniably wrong (No Pacman or Mii/Pacman and Mii are revealed).

EDIT: Oh my...

That reddit leak is funny. No ROB, Okay then sir.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hey guys, check this out.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/20fyl1/my_opinion_and_some_information_on_super_smash/
This guy is on reddit answering question about Smash 4. I'm gonna give this guy a chance and see what he has to offer in the "leaks" department.
The guy just advertised his job and when he was hired... aka painted a nice big red target on the back of his head.

Also pretty sure Shadow Mario doesn't have a flicking tongue attack (or at least I sure don't remember one). Neither does Bowser Jr for that matter.

I'm sure it's fake based on the fact that he went ahead and painted a red target on the back of his head. No serious leaker would do that.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Like what? I haven't found really anything that just makes me go "Oh yeah this is fake".
Uh, first off, It start with "I work at nintendo lol and I'm going to tell you information that will make me lose my job but oh wells!"

Also really? ****ing Reggie? I know Reggie mention that he is willing to be in the game if the petition reach a certain number of signatures but I doubt Sakurai is going to do that.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Uh, first off, It start with "I work at nintendo lol and I'm going to tell you information that will make me lose my job but oh wells!"

Also really? ****ing Reggie? I know Reggie mention that he is willing to be in the game if the petition reach a certain number of signatures but I doubt Sakurai is going to do that.
Didn't Sakurai say if it gets enough signatures he'll consider it?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario are now Yoshi characters? Reggie is being added? Reddit is now becoming the new GameFAQs for people with too much time on their hands? Pfft.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but, he has it laid out perfectly. Seems weird to have one row longer than the others.
Maybe he's remembering something wrong. Who knows what's going on in this guy's head. If he's telling the truth, then maybe he can explain.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Maybe he's remembering something wrong. Who knows what's going on in this guy's head. If he's telling the truth, then maybe he can explain.
Lol you seem to be defending the guy a lot. Are you sure you aren't him?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Lol you seem to be defending the guy a lot. Are you sure you aren't him?
Let me check. Nope. I was just on the Smash Bros reddit and I refreshed and this pooped up.

EDIT: popped up. Not pooped up. Popped.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
This guy is obviously full of BS but play testers are contractors, he's not risking much of anything really, only thing worse than being a contractor is an intern.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Villager is also missing too.
Two mistakes already. And both of the first revealed new characters.
I hope you didn't make this PlTe since you've already spread a leak that ended up being fake before..

Edit: He just coincidentally edited his "leak" to include the two.:tired:

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Two mistakes already. And both of the first revealed new characters.
I hope you didn't make this PlTe since you've already spread a leak that ended up being fake before..

Edit: He just coincidentally edited his "leak" to include the two.:tired:
I just noticed that. Maybe he realized he goofed XD
I'm starting to see BS in this guy.

EDIT: Actually, someone mentioned something in the comments.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
If anything, Mii is less likely now. For every new series (with a character), the stage wasn't shown off until the character was. The Megaman and Wii Fit stage weren't shown until their reveal trailer. The boxing stage was shown but the Punch-Out version wasn't shown until Little Mac came out, and then it was revealed to be two versions of the same stage. By showing off two (if not three) obvious Mii stages, it implies that Mii probably isn't a playable character.
Smashchu, can I play devil's advocate with you on this point? You DO have a good point, but by the same token it seems incredibly odd that a franchise without a playable character is getting so many stages when there's already going to be a competition for each franchise having a stage to begin with in terms of representation. I mean, look at Zelda. It already has the same number of stages as a franchise with 3, probably 5 (or 6 if we get another newcomer) characters to its name.

Also, @GreenReaperGod. Did any leaks have Yoshi appearing on the NA release date?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

All my days of playing Super Mario Sunshine and I don't remember that... did he only do it once? I just sorta remember him bouncing around running away from Mario doing wallkicks and stuff while you have to use the newest FLUDD attachment to catch him, while occasionally spewing graphitti out of his brush. Maybe I need to dig up an old copy and play it again.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think the reason I defended this guy so much is because he said Palutena was in it. After all, she is what inspired my username (PaLuTEna)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I still am of the opinion that whoever wrote the e3 leak (salromano flat out said he got the leak from somebody else and couldn't be sure of its validity) knew the 3 chars and decided to have fun and make it 6 for whatever reason (cover his tracks or just troll, etc)

Smashchu raises a good point about the boxing ring.. There's very little reason they would hide that if they had ever planned to show Mac that day.

Also, the leak was posted like a day before e3 started, so it's not like there was a great amount of time to change plans.

Finally, Nintendo had a really weak e3. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have shown whatever they had to try to salvage it

Also, I agree about Villager having a lot of Mii's potential moves... The balloon upB in particular.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think the reason I defended this guy so much is because he said Palutena was in it. After all, she is what inspired my username (PaLuTEna)
I would be doing the same thing if not for the fact that almost every *full roster* leak includes her, she's basically a given. I'm not holding my breath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom