• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
There are a few of Isaacs, and there was a 4chan one that named "muuto" as a new character, which I think translates to Matthew (?).
At first I thought that was a Japanese Romanization of "Moot", the username of 4chan's webmaster (it's within an anon's sense of humor to slip in a blatantly fake character in among an otherwise valid roster), but searching for ムート is bringing up a couple of Golden Sun pictures, so who knows.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Isn't the expression innocent until proven guilty?
It's not really an expression but more of a motto (might actually be in legal writing) for the American judicial system. I'm not sure it should be applied to leaks. However it could be imposed on past leakers as a proof of credibility or discredibility.

I would say gauge plausibility until proven fake is a better way to think about it.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Generally speaking, if no one's discussing any new leaks, no one's found any yet.

MauriiDS

Smash Rookie
At first I thought that was a Japanese Romanization of "Moot", the username of 4chan's webmaster (it's within an anon's sense of humor to slip in a blatantly fake character in among an otherwise valid roster), but searching for ムート is bringing up a couple of Golden Sun pictures, so who knows.
LOL you´re right, literally the first 2 images in google:

Anyways, there was a "karune" too, what character is that?

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
A quick Google search informs me that it's the Japanese name of Diantha, the Kalos champion in X and Y. Odd choice, even for a most-likely-faked leak...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk about safe leaks, what even makes a character "safe"?

What characters from previous games would you say are unsafe?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So?

1. That's only a minor visual change and an excuse to not have the Mii.
2. Guess we should remove Yoshi because there is Yoshi hat the Mii can wear in Streetpass Plaza.
3. They are not all the sports equipment that the Mii uses.
1. It isn't just a minor visual change when the Villager is using bowling balls and boxing gloves for seemingly no good reason. (The whole "moves based on nes games found in Animal Crossing" argument is incredibly wishy washy and even more obscure an idea than the moves being related to Miis)

It also isn't an excuse when it's a legitimate part of Animal Crossing gameplay, I'm not grasping at straws here. You can replace your villager with a Mii in City Folk and New Leaf. Who's making up excuses?

2. Yoshi never had an element of gameplay that replaced his head with a Mii head. Yoshi never became a Mii and a Mii never became Yoshi.

3. I don't see what point you're trying to make here. For one thing we haven't necessarily seen the full Villager moveset and even if we had your point would still be weak. The Villager doesn't need to use every Mii sports equipment any more than Mario needs to use every one of his power ups in his moveset.

I'm saying this is a possibility, I'm not trying to prove anything. I can't, just like you can't prove otherwise.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A safe character in general is a very popular character that is driven by popularity, and people think it's the sole reason a character will get in, sadly this is the case for some people. :(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
All this talk about safe leaks, what even makes a character "safe"?

What characters from previous games would you say are unsafe?
Safe leak? It would have to have a very odd character, like ROB, or WFT. But when it does, everyone dismisses that leak since that character 'is too odd'. ^^
They also have to include a whole bunch of very popular characters. But not all the popular one, it needs at least one to piss others off. It also has to have some characters no one cares about. Oh, and it needs to have very Little info, but also a lot of info.

Easy~

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
..Y'know, I still don't get why Villager just couldn't end up having a Mii alt. For ****'s sake, it's better than a wasted slot.

And I don't believe most of these leaks. Why? Because any leak without King K Rool makes me

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Wasted spot? I could say the same thing about literally ANY Nintendo character. A lot of people want Mii, you know. Plus, a Mii alt. wouldn't make that much sense for Villager anyways. First of all, he wouldn't be a 'villager' anymore. And if he just has a Mii Mask on, then he's not really a Mii anyways. :/

Still Believe that E3 Rumor, and can't wait for Mii and Packy to be announced~

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
..Y'know, I still don't get why Villager just couldn't end up having a Mii alt. For ****'s sake, it's better than a wasted slot.

And I don't believe most of these leaks. Why? Because any leak without King K Rool makes me

"It doesn't have a character I want, so I don't believe it. However, any character I don't want is a wasted slot."
Really?

Oh, and I can't tell if this guys is serious or not. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68795020
-Someone else just posted it-

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68795020

"
Blah blah blah grain of salt BS excuse- No. I just got some small info concerning Smash from one of my friends on Skype who was lucky enough to get a job at Nintendo a while back, and is working on Smash. He knows nothing of Sakurai's reasonings of doing ANYTHING.
First- Yoshi is going to be revealed on the JP Yoshi's new island date.
Second- The Ice Climbers aren't a big problem for the 3DS anymore.
Third- Andross, Shadow, and Simcity operator are returning assist trophies.
Fourth- Past stages do exist, and he knows of Isle Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1, Peach's Castle (SSB64), Mute City, and Corneria. The living room from Chibi-Robo is in (You fight on top of the table, and characters from Chibi-Robo will cameo, with a night/day transition), and a Side-Scrolling tropical freeze level that changes back and forth between ice and regular, with the bouncy flowers, vines, and everything.
Fifth- He doesn't know much about characters, except that Chibi-Robo and Takamaru (Somewhat of a new design combined with his DW one) are playable, Snake, and less amazingly, Wario are coming back.
That's either all he knew or all he'd tell me, I'm not sure."

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

"
Blah blah blah grain of salt BS excuse- No. I just got some small info concerning Smash from one of my friends on Skype who was lucky enough to get a job at Nintendo a while back, and is working on Smash. He knows nothing of Sakurai's reasonings of doing ANYTHING.
Fourth- Past stages do exist, and he knows of Isle Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1, Peach's Castle (SSB64), Mute City, and Corneria. The living room from Chibi-Robo is in (You fight on top of the table, and characters from Chibi-Robo will cameo, with a night/day transition), and a Side-Scrolling tropical freeze level that changes back and forth between ice and regular, with the bouncy flowers, vines, and everything.
Fifth- He doesn't know much about characters, except that Chibi-Robo and Takamaru (Somewhat of a new design combined with his DW one) are playable, Snake, and less amazingly, Wario are coming back.
Oh no, Almost ninja'd:cry:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I was hoping more of the information I provided would be proven by now, still only Waluigi, in time you'll see.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping more of the information I provided would be proven by now, still only Waluigi, in time you'll see.
Eren, not much can be proven aside from what you alone stated. You haven't first hand some of the stuff other people have mentioned, most notably Palutena. That's what i'm on edge about right now. All we can see is if your FS's and if Skull Kid's assist trophy is true.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

"
a lot of it is very safe since Takamarru is like on every leak there is and i think most people know the ice climbers ain't problem cause of Rosalina and Luma. Past stages are very possible like in brawl only things are iffy to me are snake returning and chibi robo as a newcomer.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
More to new gamefaqs rumor:

"
Sixth- Forgot about items. Of course, there are new Pokeball 'Mons, and a lot of them too; I'll just explain a couple. Zoroark: Transforms into another character to fight for you for a couple of seconds, sort of like Ditto's cut thing in Melee. Xerneas: Does Moonblast. Yveltal; Flies into the sky and does Oblivion wing; Restores summoner's % by 1/4 of overall damage. There are more, but I just wanted to get the bare basics. Crates, Barrels, presents, and rolling versions are back. Saber Sword is now green. Starmen, The Dragoon, Screw Attack, Sandbag, and others are returning as items. New Rhythm Heaven item, when thrown, forces all but thrower to taunt. Bubble Shield from Sonic, protects you for a couple of hits/till it's time runs out. Also, strangely, he mentioned Holy Water, from Castlevania. Apparently it hits like Ness' Pk fire, holding the enemy in place and hitting multiple times. He said it keeps them completely immobilized, freezing them like in Castlevania 1. "

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
New leak was updated with items

"Sixth- Forgot about items. Of course, there are new Pokeball 'Mons, and a lot of them too; I'll just explain a couple. Zoroark: Transforms into another "character to fight for you for a couple of seconds, sort of like Ditto's cut thing in Melee. Xerneas: Does Moonblast. Yveltal; Flies into the sky and does Oblivion wing; Restores summoner's % by 1/4 of overall damage. There are more, but I just wanted to get the bare basics. Crates, Barrels, presents, and rolling versions are back. Saber Sword is now green. Starmen, The Dragoon, Screw Attack, Sandbag, and others are returning as items. New Rhythm Heaven item, when thrown, forces all but thrower to taunt. Bubble Shield from Sonic, protects you for a couple of hits/till it's time runs out. Also, strangely, he mentioned Holy Water, from Castlevania. Apparently it hits like Ness' Pk fire, holding the enemy in place and hitting multiple times. He said it keeps them completely immobilized, freezing them like in Castlevania 1."

Edit: Crap, ninja'd

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
More to new gamefaqs rumor:

"
Sixth- Forgot about items. Of course, there are new Pokeball 'Mons, and a lot of them too; I'll just explain a couple. Zoroark: Transforms into another character to fight for you for a couple of seconds, sort of like Ditto's cut thing in Melee. Xerneas: Does Moonblast. Yveltal; Flies into the sky and does Oblivion wing; Restores summoner's % by 1/4 of overall damage. There are more, but I just wanted to get the bare basics. Crates, Barrels, presents, and rolling versions are back. Saber Sword is now green. Starmen, The Dragoon, Screw Attack, Sandbag, and others are returning as items. New Rhythm Heaven item, when thrown, forces all but thrower to taunt. Bubble Shield from Sonic, protects you for a couple of hits/till it's time runs out. Also, strangely, he mentioned Holy Water, from Castlevania. Apparently it hits like Ness' Pk fire, holding the enemy in place and hitting multiple times. He said it keeps them completely immobilized, freezing them like in Castlevania 1. "
if there an apparent item from castlevaina wouldn't there have to be a fighter from it?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I find this latest Gamefaqs one rather interesting. The poster is a regular, and not some obvious provisional account. I know that means nothing at the end of the day, but it does make it more intriguing. Though mentioning holy water seems odd. If Snake is back as the Konami character, why include a Castlevania item?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I find this latest Gamefaqs one rather interesting. The poster is a regular, and not some obvious provisional account. I know that means nothing at the end of the day, but it does make it more intriguing. Though mentioning holy water seems odd. If Snake is back as the Konami character, why include a Castlevania item?
Seems odd. Unless the Holy Water is a secret item in a metal gear game. Is it?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Anyone could of guessed Waluigi being an AT again, my friend.

A very wise mate once said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645643&page=302

I understand there are people who like Waluigi, but how could anyone have honestly expected him to be playable in Smash Bros.? I just can’t wrap my head around that level of delusion. I have some pretty out-there roster requests myself (like Plusle & Minun), but I’m certainly not expecting those characters, and I’m not going to throw a fit when they’re disconfirmed.

Waluigi returning as an Assist Trophy is truly the most obvious Smash Bros. confirmation to date. It’s exactly what I expected to happen. Waluigi is a derivative character based on two other derivative characters (Wario and Luigi). He’s just completely uninspired. He’s existed for 14 years and still hasn’t appeared in a mainline Mario game. And calling him “the face of the Mario spinoffs” is absolutely laughable — they’re called Mario spinoffs for a reason.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Waluigi's as interesting as watching grass grow. Unless Sakurai was bribed to include 100 characters, Waluigi will never be playable. He's just a party/filler character.
Waluigi is the best character to represent spin-off games (which are very popular and sell a lot)
and I think he's a lot better than Rosalina

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Well, Lip's Stick is an item in the Smash series...
true but i guess with a 3rd party it would be a lot different y would u add an item from franchise u don't own then not represent it.and will admit i forgot that item lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom