• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So essentially, we don't have a good reason to believe or worry about betternet until E3.

Because it is so safe, a Mii reveal or whatever doesn't exactly do anything to improve the credibility of the leak (because if it's a fake, you KNOW they copied the E3 leak and other safe leaks). The only substantial evidence for it will be a Krystal reveal, Chrom/Lucina reveal, or if the EXACT E3 situation happens... none of this "oh it was planned but changed later" BS, unless that change is leaked before E3.

You know, looking back at the leak, it seems it was intentionally written to be safe and cause this reaction/nailbiting until E3... especially with "but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence."
Chalk me in as a highly-skeptical bystander on this one.

Also, the phantom armor being Zelda's really does nothing to the likelihood that it's a character vs AT, considering its role in spirit tracks. I guess if the armor were definitively NOT Zelda's, then it would hurt TZ's chances slightly, but there's nothing to say that Phantom Zelda couldn't be the assist... heck, conductor Link is a stage element. Anything's possible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So essentially, we don't have a good reason to believe or worry about betternet until E3.

Because it is so safe, a Mii reveal or whatever doesn't exactly do anything to improve the credibility of the leak (because if it's a fake, you KNOW they copied the E3 leak and other safe leaks). The only substantial evidence for it will be a Krystal reveal, Chrom/Lucina reveal, or if the EXACT E3 situation happens... none of this "oh it was planned but changed later" BS, unless that change is leaked before E3.

You know, looking back at the leak, it seems it was intentionally written to be safe and cause this reaction/nailbiting until E3... especially with "but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence."
Chalk me in as a highly-skeptical bystander on this one.

Also, the phantom armor being Zelda's really does nothing to the likelihood that it's a character vs AT, considering its role in spirit tracks. I guess if the armor were definitively NOT Zelda's, then it would hurt TZ's chances slightly, but there's nothing to say that Phantom Zelda couldn't be the assist... heck, conductor Link is a stage element. Anything's possible.
Actually, the Phantom has separated fingers from what I can tell, a trait no Assist Trophies have and a thing that was used to prove the Palutena photo leak meant she was playable and not an Assist Trophy. Not only that, but its entire model is much higher quality than other ATs.

Last edited:

LKnight

Smash Cadet
The Betternet cuts Wolf for Krystal. That makes zero sense.
TBF, you could compare Wolf being cut for Krystal to when Mewtwo got 'cut' for Lucario. Mewtwo was obviously planned for Brawl but Lucario got priority.

Not strictly the same situation but it's not a ridiculous idea either.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... Something is fishy. The Phantom is high quality but the other summon character the Luma sand the Pikmin aren't that high quality. The pikmin are better than brawl by a long shot but you can still see their eyes floating over their heads.

Then again, as the founder of the fused finger hypothesis, I can't see for sure if the phantom's fingers are fused.

Very mysterious overall.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Actually, the Phantom has separated fingers from what I can tell, a trait no Assist Trophies have and a thing that was used to prove the Palutena photo leak meant she was playable and not an Assist Trophy. Not only that, but its entire model is much higher quality than other ATs.
Also Zelda is seen in the same pose as if she's summoned it as she is in the recent POTD where she's casting Din's Fire, making it very likely connected to her moveset rather than being an indicator of Toon Zelda being stealth revealed (and thus confirming Betternet's legitimacy)
Personally I'm leaning towards any Toon Zelda leaks being fake and in fact Shiek being cut in favour of Tetra or Impa (with Shiek moveset) instead, the Phantom summon being Zelda's new special instead and upping her worth as a choice.... the Phantom also doesn't have a particularly 'Toon' artstyle to be connected to a Toon Zelda reveal in future

But yea back on track the idea of Wolf going in favour of Krystal baffles me, if we're expected to believe a Starfox 'clone' cut for a new moveset then surely it would be Falco with his closer clone status than the differently handled Wolf??
If the main roster has more than 3 rows of characters, let's consider this leak dead please.
Have there actually been any leaked character select screens from the E3 demo for example to see at least what the format is expected to look like this time around? Or any vaguely credible non-creator tool made leaks of one?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Betternet leak, once again, has Mii listed if you check the roster.
your right it does....and yet they never talked about the mii now why is that i mean youd think they would discuss how the mii played like they did with C&L or at least some info like they did with mewtwo or krystal

EDIT

call me crazy but i think the fact they dont talk about mii is why this roster is dead after all "mewtwo was the last character finalized" and they seemed happy to spill info so why not talk about the mii's?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
your right it does....and yet they never talked about the mii now why is that i mean youd think they would discuss how the mii played like they did with C&L or at least some info like they did with mewtwo or krystal
To be fair, they didn't say anything about Dixie or Takamaru either.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
To be fair, they didn't say anything about Dixie or Takamaru either.
ya i noticed that and again i find it strange that they knew mewtwo was the last character finalized but had no info what so ever on mii the character who raises the most questions

Shroob

Sup?
ya i noticed that and again i find it strange that they knew mewtwo was the last character finalized but had no info what so ever on mii the character who raises the most questions
It's strange how all leaks know something, the most we can do is sit back and watch as things slowly unfold.

LKnight

Smash Cadet
Something just clicked for me!

Have not all characters that have been discovered to have been 'cut' been used in the following smash game in some capacity?

An example being that Bowser and Mewtwo were planned for Smash64 then appeared in Melee?

So Toon Zelda's inclusion shouldn't be too surprising considering the characters data that was found on Brawl. Think the majority would just be disappointed, regardless if the character was unique or otherwise.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Something just clicked for me!

Have not all characters that have been discovered to have been 'cut' been used in the following smash game in some capacity?

An example being that Bowser and Mewtwo were planned for Smash64 then appeared in Melee?

So Toon Zelda's inclusion shouldn't be too surprising considering the characters data that was found on Brawl. Think the majority would just be disappointed, regardless if the character was unique or otherwise.
I agree with this.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
People should be more worried about the PoR leak more than betternet as its more likely of being true. It seems Yusuke hasn't been on in months either.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
  1. People should be more worried about the PoR leak more than betternet as its more likely of being true. It seems Yusuke hasn't been on in months either.
The two leaks, along with the Leaky 3, all seem to go hand in hand. PoR leak says no K.Rool/Ridley, Betternet says no K.Rool/Ridley, and Betternet has the leaky 3.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Have there actually been any leaked character select screens from the E3 demo for example to see at least what the format is expected to look like this time around? Or any vaguely credible non-creator tool made leaks of one?
No real ones, and I really doubt the information the leaker gave, what good is there if you going to make the roster visually more lengthy?

LKnight

Smash Cadet
The two leaks, along with the Leaky 3, all seem to go hand in hand. PoR leak says no K.Rool/Ridley, Betternet says no K.Rool/Ridley, and Betternet has the leaky 3.
Is the PoR rumour located on the front page? I can't seem to find it and would like to read the details!

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I like to disregard leaks with Krystal...

Does Starfox really deserve 4 representatives? Donkey Kong, Metroid, Wario, Fire Emblem and a few others are all games with more recent installments and are possibly more popular than Starfox with less representatives.

Shroob

Sup?

Does Starfox really deserve 4 representatives? Donkey Kong, Metroid, Wario, Fire Emblem and a few others are all games with more recent installments and are possibly more popular than Starfox with less representatives.
To be fair, Betternet cuts Wolf, so Star Fox would still be at three, though, I still find 3 excessive for Star Fox, but DK and Fire Emblem do get 3 reps in that roster, Chrom and Lucina being a tag team.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926

The Betternet leak would cut Wolf in favor of Krystal, which is a good way I think to spark a major backdraft in the community. Having her in addition to Wolf would be a much better decision.

If Phantom ends up being part of Zelda's moveset, that actually provides more legitimacy to the GaeozHero leak than anything (which we've apparently pronounced dead due to the whole "Ms. Tetris" thing... I'm still convinced the character in question is Lip, but oh well).

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
i could have seen Krystal in brawl but smash 4 i don't know since star fox had a new game since command unless u count the remake which shes not in.

LKnight

Smash Cadet

I think we're past the point to where Sakurai believes he has to effectively represent each franchise and now just focus on characters that would be unique or enjoyable.

IMO Starfox Adventures Krystal would be a welcome addition due to the fact she would be a unique character and fills the usual smash newcomer requirements (female character, fights with a different weapon ect.)

Both her and Wolf deserve to be in the game, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if Krystal essentially took Wolf's spot considering she could be considered to be a more unique character.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Star Fox, especially in recent years, is over represented already if you ask me. Considering far bigger franchises like Metroid only have one (or two, sort of), it feels very unbalanced. Not to mention, if the leak is to be true, Metroid STILL won't get a newcomer (aka Ridley).

So to add yet another SF seems to really stretch it, even if Wolf is cut. Just one of several reasons why I actually kinda hate the Betternet leak.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Newcomer leaks I found. Apparently, they were both on the homepage before being taken down.

...And no, I TOTALLY did not make these on Microsoft Paint in 20 minutes.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I can't wait until an AT without fused fingers is revealed. It's not a definite rule, but you guys are trying to use it as if it were. don't try to determine anything by that rule, since it's not a trait you know for sure is carried by them. it's more or less a made up rule that the ATs SO FAR REVEALED have in common. Also, don't forget, this is a game in progress, and the lumped together fingers may very well be fixed at a later date.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
No Ridley and no Shulk on Betternet make egaddmario go crazy

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
1521876_675612579161980_867628386_n.jpg

was this thing ever discussed? If it was I think i missed it, or it was debunked super quickly.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People should be more worried about the PoR leak more than betternet as its more likely of being true. It seems Yusuke hasn't been on in months either.
I'm more inclined to believe Yusuke then I ever would be the Betternet rumor considering that the person in question doesn't seem to be one to pull any legs (though it doesn't mean he couldn't have) and there's always the chance Sakurai ignores both. It's also not that unpopular a scenario considering a good number of leaks (including the Jumpman one on the OP) has had it as well, so unfortunately it could come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom